RIDE OR DIE, Takers(AJ fanfic)

By wanderwall16

✨ C O M P L E T E D ✨ //This story is a personal remaking and alteration of the movie TAKERS// ... More

CAST!!✨
Who Am I?
'The Twilight Exit'
Gold Green Eyes And A Whirlwind Of Lies.
Follow Me To Stranger Lands
I'll Ride With You, Till I'm Part Of The Crew.
Murdering Gloom
Uterior Motives And Planting Explosives
Fight Or Flight Baby
Of Lilacs And Black.
An Evanescent Phenomenon
Ferris Wheel Of Speculation
Little Ray Of Pitch Black
Hellish Poisons
Russian Roulette And Twisted Bets
Your Ineffable Ways
The Crescent Moon
Blurry Nights
Up In The Sky
Somewhere Only We Know
Tainted Glories
Maze Of Madness
Ride Or Die
Bang! Bang! The Gun Sang
Hospital Blues
Crooked Smiles
Castle By The Sea
Emerald Envelopes
You And Me
Stranger Things
Spectacularly Broken
Startling Silences
Deliriously Devious
Darker Than Obsidian
Man with the emerald ring
The Last Tide
Trials of Green: 1
Trials of Green: 2
Fiery and Sweet

Craving Chaos

1.2K 37 17
By wanderwall16

According to AJ, I'd need a change of clothing if I wanted to melt in with the crowd at the club. So we walked to a nearby thrift store where AJ apparently had taken Jesse and 'his' girl to once.

I eyed him at that and he laughed nervously. I sarcastically smiled back. Clubs, God knows I've been to, too many clubs in the last few days. The thrift store was a underground shop, with a circling staircase leading to a basement area. It was covered with everything from prom dresses to nail polishes to kiddie tiaras. You name it.

AJ nodded at the sales woman and held my waist taking me to an end of the store. The place was full of short fitted colorful dresses.

"Seriously?" I asked him with a frown.

"Dresses again? Can't I wear shorts or I don't know pants?"

"You're wearing jeans right now anyway. Ever been to a club wearing jeans? Just wear the dress, it'll be easier," He said with a slight amusement that made me want to punch him.

I rolled my eyes the best I could and tried on several dresses. We landed on a short peach dress with daisies all over it. It was fitted and came till above my knees. I was so uncomfortable.

He just smiled and called me beautiful.
I pouted.

"Well while we're here, do you think they have belts or something? I need one to wrap around my thigh. I'll put the pocket knife there," I said with round eyes.

He looked stunned.
And a wee bit terrified.
                      °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We reached outside of the club, it was called, 'Devils Nest'. Typical enough.
I had opened my hair and my knife was very much there, hanging from my right thigh.

Before I entered AJ reached in and placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. Then he fit something there, it felt like ear plugs. He carefully fixed it, as he did I looked at him.

His head of golden hair was in a tangle of curls. His beautiful green eyes had more specks of gold in them today with the sun out and about. And his lips were so close to mine, I fought back the urge to collapse into them.

"Here, all done. We can communicate now, I'll be in there too, keep talking to me. But do not let your hair go back," He said with a slight twist in his mouth.

"You're coming in? Won't they recognise you?" I said kind of worried.

"Wait and watch I have a mask. Ever seen the movie drive?" He asked with a sparkle in his already sparkling eyes.

I instantly knew what he was talking about.
He giggled.

"If Ryan Gosling could do it. I surely can as well."

"Oh great, my gorgeous boyfriend will wear a mask that makes him look like a creepy creep from creepsville," I said rolling my eyes. Here I was going to enter a dangerous club full of armed criminals, but I'm laughing with AJ anyway.

He looked a little pink. I had to look twice to realise he was blushing.

"What are you blushing for?" I asked.

"Nervous to see your old sweetheart?"

"You're not going to let go of that are you! No. It's just...you've never called me your boyfriend before."

"Why? Should I not?"

"No, no please. It just sounds nice."

"Aw, AJ. My blushy, blushy boy!" I was having way too much fun teasing him.

"Alright, you've had your fun now go and kick some Russian gangsta ass."

"Wuv you too," I said winking before turning in for the club.

And I could swear I heard him choking with laughter.
                °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
'Devils Nest' was a pretty packed club. It was the middle of the day and yet the place was completely full. There were all kinds of drinks, in colours I'd honestly never seen before, served at the bar.

There was a big classic disco ball at the centre of the place and people were lightly dancing beneath it. AJ was right though, if I had just sauntered in here in my jeans and shirt, I'd stick out like a sour thumb.

Most of the men were huge and all red. Either from the dancing or the drinks. The women were dressed in flimsy sequined dresses or shiny pixie skirts. I thought I still might stick out, since I was wearing a day outfit. I hurried over to the bar, making my way through the closely packed clubs.

I was 20 years old, but still somehow no one questioned me.
The lady serving the drinks was very attractive, she wore a shiny black tank and a matching skirt. Maybe I forgot the invitation, cause everyone was wearing glittering pieces.

"You're new here, what'd you want darling?" The woman said, her hair was jet black and tightly bound in a high pony.

"Whatever's the best, dazzle me," I answered.
She smirked, and nodded.

"Oh just you wait, devushka." She said and went to make my drink.

"Well done, her name is Yelena. She's the eyes here, the people Ghost have made a deal with. She's the leaders sister. Sergei's sister," said AJ'S voice in my ear.

"What should I ask her?" I asked hardly moving my mouth.

"Make conversation, if there's anything going on. She'll know and—"

He was going to say something, but Yelena came back with a tiny glass of a greenish liquid. It looked like what I'd imagine hellish poison to look like.
The bar had pretty much cleared up. Everyone was on the dance floor now, either there or aggressively and drunkenly making out in the darkness of the booths.

"Absinthe. The Devils drink here. You'll be dazzled alright." She said and slided the green liquid right at me.

I caught it swiftly and without a blink of the eye. When on the inside I'd already imagined it spilled all over my peach dress.

"Don't have it all, it's very, very strong."

"So Yelena, tell me. Why the green fairy drink?" I said taking a sip of the absinthe.
It tasted like black licorice. I swallowed and tried my best to keep on an intimidating face.

"Cause it's the most strong, if you're not made for it. You're not made for the club. Also....it dazzles one. Doesn't it?" She winked, she had the most grey eyes I'd ever seen.

"Eh, good enough." I said keeping the drink back down.
She looked kind of astonished.

"How did you come to know about this club?" She asked leaning in.

"A lady doesn't reveal her secrets now does she?", I answered looking straight into her grey eyes.

"Ask her about her tattoo. The one on her back. That'll get her talking."

"That snake? You got a story behind it. I'm beginning to get bored."

"Oh this?" She said turning around. The snake was red and black. It started from her neck and went down till her lower back. It had fire holes for eyes.

"It's a gift from my brother. Hot isn't it?"

"Sergei sure has taste. Just not in clothes then I guess," I said smiling.

"So you do know my brother. He dresses like a crazy kid who found his fathers leather collection, I know," she said rolling her eyes.

"Yelena, sweetie. I came here not so you can get me to spill all my dirty secrets by giving me corrupted fairy drinks. I came here for a deal. But your brother apparently is occupied at the moment, isn't he? With a certain ghost of my past."
I said crossing my fingers.

"You've dated that jerk too. He is an ass isn't he? I told my brother not to get into business with him. Especially not after what happened with him and his takers
Personally I like the others in that crew. Quite delicious," she said laughing.

"Yeah well I need to get your brother free. Any idea when he'll be over with the rat?" I commented with narrow eyes. This had to be "Jesse's" ex.

"Oh yeah, I think they plan to do something tomorrow. You can come by here again day after. He promised me big money. Which means diamonds for me, honey." She said with a smirk.

"Dima is coming at you next, he's the second in command. Be careful. His wife cheated on him with Ghost. Dima hates Ghost. This is your chance."

"Ah, khochesh' piva, Dima?" Yelena said looking behind me.
(Do you want a beer, Dima?)

The man who came next to me was taller than me and red as they all were. He had a head full of dirty blonde curls coming down till his ears. Most of them had streaks of grey in them. He wore a dark blue shirt, and silver earrings. There was a scar on the right side of his neck. It looked wretched. But his eyes were the kind that made one stare at him. He had bulging out eyes, the color of Caribbean blue.

"Da, pozhaluysta, krasavitsa, ya umirayu zdes' (Yes, please, beautiful. I'm dying here). Sergei is going to pay for his mistake of not listening to you. That bastard, he's not going to pay him in full by tomorrow, I know it," he growled. He had a very distinct accent.

Then he looked at me, up to down.

"Ya tebya znayu?" He said.
(Do I know you?)

"He's asking you whether he knows you. Say, 'ne v etoy zhizni'. It means not in this life. Quick." (Not in this life)

"Ne v etoy zhizni, maybe in your dreams." I said knowing I did not pronounce that right.
He laughed.

"I like you. Who are you?" He asked. And I realised Yelena didn't bother asking my name. So I didn't have one in mind.

"Maya"

"Maya," I said as soon as AJ said it.

"Beauty, Maya," Said Dima taking my hand and kissing it.

After a while Yelena came back, and I found out that Ghost had been planning whatever it was from two months ago. While he was still in prison. And that whatever it was, had to happen tomorrow. Too bad, it won't, I thought. I felt bad for Yelena, she seemed really excited about her diamonds.

"Do you dance, Maya?" Said another voice from behind me.

"Shit, that's Igor, he's bad news. Don't talk to him too much. Just wave him away. He's great with faces. One of Sergei's loyals", AJ sounded nervous.

"No, I only dance with some men", I answered in a haste.

"Ouch." Said Dima giggling devilishly.
It seemed as if I'd angered poor Igor, he touched my shoulder and turned my chair. I let him see me. But I was ready to kick and run, I'd learnt enough. He was bald and had black eyes.

"I said dance with— you, you're with them!" He said the moment he saw me. Shit he must really be good with faces.

"Bozhe, da, ya pomnyu! (God, yes, I remember!) You were in that picture with the Curly haired girl! Wilo? Pillow? Wil—"

Willow! What had happened to her? How did they know her?

But before he could say anything I'd kicked him and he fell over. I knew where the exit was, but there were too many people there. And Igor was pounding on me. Yelena looked stunned. I grabbed my pocket knife and slashed his shirt. He hissed.

I still had the absinthe in my hand when another guy jumped at me. I threw it at his face. He screamed with agony.

"Run for the back door. It's by the man in all silver. I'll cover for you! Run!"

I did as was told, before anyone else came for me, I ran. There was a thin man by a corner of the place. But it was hard to miss him, he looked like a strip of the disco ball itself. I thanked God it was dark and everyone was drunk dancing. It was easy to penetrate through the crowds. But hard to catch up.

I dashed through the place and went into a narrow alleyway. It was completely dark except a hole of light coming from one wall. The key hole!
I banged the door open and was startled by the sudden flash of daylight.
I quickly regained myself and looked around right infront not me was a familiar sedan.

AJ must have left it here knowing we'd leave from the back.
AJ!
Where was he. I was about to rush back in when I heard gunshots.
AJ! I screamed out aloud.

"I'm fine. Start the car. I'm coming." He sounded tense.

I jumped into the car and opened the door by his seat just in time to see him come through the doors, he was clutching his side. And his mask was in his other hand. He saw me and rushed into the car.

"Drive! Drive! Let's get out of here!" He screamed looking at the back door of the club, which was locked from the outside now. Someone was banging on it.
I flew with the car and for once AJ was happy about it.

But as I raced the sedan through LA streets all I could think about was Willow, poor sweet Willow. In trouble because of me.
                    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

(THANKYOU! For all the reads and votes everyyyonnneee! Please keep doing so it really helps me! And do comment to let me know your thoughts! New chapter will come tomorrow. I try to update every day or two.
Xoxo💜💫✨)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
320K 3.5K 95
Louis and Harry have a connection! They just do things differently!
42.8K 750 52
i love kyungmin and it kills me i can't read more fanfics abt him
3K 187 6
So, I have written more pain and angst, because it's what I do. But, as always, a happy ending for soft Alan and insecure, jealous Jeff who has an un...