Always Believe

By Paranormal_Love

Katana is a homeschooled student who doesn't have many friends and whose parents care more about their busine... More

Chapter 1-Do I Need to Use the Force?
Chapter 2-So, What's the Bomb That You Have to Drop on Me?
Chapter 3-What's Your Password?
Chapter 4-You Think I'm Cute?
Chapter 5- You're Not Gonna Do Anything...Weird, Are You?
Chapter 6-How Old Are You Guys Anyway?
Chapter 7-You Like High School Musical?
Chapter 8-Need Me to Go Face the Firing Squad With You?
Chapter 9-Only If You Give Me the Ferrari
Chapter 10-Yeah, But I Still Wanna Steal It
Chapter 11-Oh, So That's Supposed to Make Me Feel Better, Huh?
Chapter 12-You New?
Chapter 13-You Called, Justin
Chapter 14-Are You Crying?
Chapter 15-You Have A Five Second Head Start
Chapter 16-You Broke Her Wrist?
Chapter 17-Do I Need to Come Up There and Beat Him Up?
Chapter 18-This Is A Little Creepy
Chapter 19-Love You, You Jerk
Chapter 20- You Guys Are White Winters!
Chapter 21- Guys, That Is So Dorky
Chapter 22- You Read Teen Fiction Romances?
Chapter 23- Why Would I Like You?
Chapter 24- Don't Insult the Books!
Chapter 25- You Guys Would Make Such A Cute Couple
Chapter 26- You're A Butt!
Chapter 27- Dude, Why the Heck Are You Laughing?

*CHRISTMAS SPECIAL*

80 5 2
By Paranormal_Love

Merry Christmas everyone!! Here's a peek of Katana's past, when she's about 12 years old. So that means Stephen is 16, Kylar is 14, and Zach is 11.

This is in third person pov.

Enjoy!

***********************************************

Katana sat on the black genuine leather couch in the spacious living room on Christmas Eve, wating for her parents to arrive home from a business trip. She was trying to be patient, but she kept fidgiting and glancing at the clock. They were supposed to be here over an hour ago!

The phone rang shrilly, making her jump. She knew it was her parents, calling with an excuse and apology for not being able to make it. This had happened three years in a row now, and she had been all alone for the holidays.

"Hi mom." She said, crossing her legs. "Where are you?"

"Katana, honey, we're still in Vermont. Out flight was cancelled because of the weather." Her mom's perky but tired voice answered.

Katana sighed, feeling the familiar ache of disappointment.

"When will you be back then?" She asked in a small voice.

"Hopefully this storm will pass and we'll be on our way within a day or two. Possibly three. Oh! I have to go! Have a good Christmas!"

"You too." Katana said sadly, but the other end of the line was already dead, the dial tone buzzing in her ear.

She set the phone gently in its holder before pulling the plugs on the twinkling lights all around the room and going upstairs to her room.

She sat on the bed and laid back, staring at the glowing stars, hearts and flowers on her ceiling.

She felt on the nightstand for her new phone, a guilt gift from her parents for being gone so much, and pulled it out of the charger.

She dialed Stephen's number without having to look, and waited for him to pick up.

Once, twice, three times is rang before the other end was picked up and a masculine voice asked, "Hello?"

"Stephen?"

"No, this is Kylar. Hey Tana."

"Can I talk to Stephen?"

"Well he's in the bathroom going-"

"Too much information!" She squealed, blotting the image Kylar had just painted from her mind.

He laughed and Katana closed her eyes, enjoying the rich sound of it. His voice had changed over the past year and become deeper, making Katana like him all the more.

"Sorry Tana. When you live with all boys, you don't have much of a filter on your mouth."

She giggled. "I can see that."

"So...What are you doing tonight? Something with the 'rents?" Kylar asked her.

"No." She said hesitantly, not exactly sure what she should tell him and not quite understanding why he was talking to her instead of leaving the phone on the table for Stephen like he usually did. "My parents are still on their business trip in Vermont and won't get back for a couple of days."

"What?!" He sounded outraged, but Katana didn't have time to ask why because she heard a exclamation on the other end, and then what sounded like a scuffle.

There was a triumphant crow of victory and then a thundering of feet.

"Hey Tana!" Stephen's cheerful voice greeted her.

"Hey! How bad did you beat Kylar up?" Katana inquired.

Stephen chuckled. "Not too bad. Nothing that will show until tomorrow, anyway."

"Whatever. Why did he stay on the phone with me anyway?"

"Uh, no reason." Stephen quickly replied.

"Uh huh. I'll pretend to believe you."

"Thanks."

"How's your Christmas going? Presents tonight or tomorrow?"

"Well, Zach is chomping at the bit to get to them, and so is Kylar, even though he won't admit it, so we'll probably end up doing them tonight. What about you?"

"I'm...not having Christmas this year."

"Why not?"

"My parents aren't here. Again." She felt tears building up behind her eyes, but she blinked them back after the first one escaped.

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Pack pajamas." Stephen hung up after that.

Katana stared at the phone before jumping up and turning the light on.

She pulled out her purple and turquoise backpack and threw some clothes in for the next day, her toiletries, and a pair of black and white leggings and a kitty t-shirt for sleep. She threw her phone charger, earbuds, and a book on top. She then grabbed her phone, slid it into her black skinny jeans pocket, and skipped down the stairs, feeling much happier than she had before.

She turned all the lights out and went to wait on the front porch, pulling on a coat and shoes as she went.

It was cold, but not cold enough for snow, sadly. This part of the state got cold but usually didn't snow, much to Katana's disappointment.

She loved snow. Loved everything about it. It's sparkle, it's wetness on her tongue, the way it caught in Kylar's hair and made him look even cuter, if that's possible. But, she got snow as rarely as she saw her parents.

Stephen pulled up and Katana got in the car.

"You don't have to spend Christmas Eve with me. You should be with your family." Katana said worriedly.

"I'm not spending it with you." Stephen said, carefully looking both ways before crossing the semi-crowded street. "You're coming home with me and spending it with me and my family."

"But I can't! It's your time with them! I don't want to intrude!" She protested.

"If you were intruding, I wouldn't have come to get you." Stephen said dryly.

"But-"

"Nope! There is no way for you to get out of this!" He stated, pulling into the driveway of their ginormous house. "Unless...you wanna walk home?"

She shook her head vigorously. "No! I'm good!"

"That's what I thought." He said, leading her up to the house and ushering her inside.

Katana looked around in awe. The whole house looked as if Christmas had exploded from a box. Tinsel draped along the walls, wreaths on the stairs, ornaments hanging on the larger-than-life tree, Christmas lights on the ceiling corners. Mr. and Mrs. Camden, Kylar, Stephen and Zach all decked out in their Christmas best. It was the most beautiful thing Katana had ever seen in her life.

"Come on." Stephen pulled her into their midst and put his arm around her shoulders.

Katana felt so happy she could burst. Her grin stretched from ear to ear making her cheeks hurt.

"Hello darling!" Mrs. Camden exclaimed. "Just in time for our family photo!"

Katana started to panic. She was underdressed, and didn't belong in their family's picture.

She shook her head and backed up.

"I can't." She said, but they all overrode her protest.

Mr. and Mrs. Camden positioned the three boys sitting on the loveseat, placing Katana on Stephen and Kylar's laps before standing behind the white couch and putting on their best smiles, arms around each other.

The photographer took the picture, waited a moment for it to develop, then waved the Camdens over to inspect it.

Katana got off of the boys' laps, blushing as she did so, and followed the family over.

"It's perfect!" Mrs. Camden gushed. "Another girl in it makes the perfect touch."

Katana scrutinized herself. She was wearing her black skinny jeans with the silver ironed-on swirls, a purple hoodie that said "Christmas Cheer" on it with a fuzzy snowman, and her hair was flowing around her shoulders, curling slightly. She still looked out of place next to their suits and dress, but she had to admit it did look good.

"Aww, look, your face is all red!" Kylar cooed playfully. "Must have been your close proximity to me and my charm.

Stephen smacked the back of his head, but smirked. "Shut up."

After that, Mrs. Camden and Katana went to the kitchen to make cookies, whilst the boys went into another room to prepare the dinner.

They baked dozens of cookies. Russian Tea Cakes, Peanut Butter Surprises, Sugar cookies, fudge squares, Jingle Bell Balls, butterscotch rice crispies, peanut clusters, peanut brittle, marshmallow delights. By the time they were finished, the whole house was filled with delicious mouth-watering aromas.

They then joined the boys for dinner, eating and laughing and talking, before taking the cookies to the living room and eating then while opening presents.

"I know this was a last minute thing for you Tana, so it's alright if you don't give us anything. As for me, I have something for you that I was going to give you next time I saw you, but you're here now." Stephen explained, handing Katana a prettily wrapped present.

She smiled and took it, opening it slowly.

There was a jewelry box inside.

She pulled the top off to find a beautiful silver heart pendant with amethyst stones studded around the border, with a diamond in the middle.

"Open the locket." Stephen prompted.

Katana pried the heart open gently to see a picture of her and Stephen from their trip to Florida during the summer.

Her parents had been, as usual, busy all during the summer, so the Camden's invited her to go with them on their Florida vacation.

It had been so much fun, and she and Stephen had grown so much closer. Plus, she got to spend time with Kylar and see him shirtless.

"Thank you so much, Stephen. Without you, I'd be spending another Christmas alone." Katana gave him a hug, feeling a few tears fall down her cheeks.

"You're welcome babygirl." Stephen said, rubbing small circles on her back.

They finished the evenings festivities and then decided to get ready for bed.

Kylar, Stephen and Katana decided to sleep on the couch bed in the living room.

They got their pajamas on and settled onto the bed, pulling all the blankets up. They fell asleep, Katana snuggled up in between Stephen and Kylar, resting her head on Kylar's shoulder with his arm around her.

"Goodnight boys." She whispered before falling asleep. "Thank you."

************************************************

Hey, so what'd ya think? Pretty cute huh? Some background on Kat and Stephen. Plus, her crush on Kylar in the beginning stages. ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Hugs and kisses! xxoo

~Mandie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.3K 23
Katie Mills, or Kat as she likes to go by, was super excited for her first year of university. Living away from her family and the secrets she left b...
24.2K 189 23
Joelma decides to move to live near her best friend who suffers from bullying. Meanwhile, she meets Matt and Ryan who also become dear to her. How fa...
311 25 11
(I was litteraly twelve when I when I wrote this so yikes lmao) . . . Katelyn has always been bullied. She never really had any friends untill she m...
466 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...