flashback // h.s.

By doyouknowwhoyouare02

Madi is Harry's assistant. She has been since 2012. Harry takes Madi to his mountain house because he finally... More

intro
ch. 1 / grown up
ch. 2 / 2013 haircut
ch. 3 / the assistant
ch. 4 / and we danced all night
ch. 5 / to new beginnings
ch. 6 / open up
ch. 7 / piano man
ch. 8 / the tampon fiasco
ch. 9 / marvin
ch. 10 / songs
ch. 11 / long hair harry
ch. 12 / anne
ch. 13 / cock block harry
ch. 14 / no guidance
author's note: surgery update
ch. 15 / lost
ch. 16 / somebody else
ch. 17 / lay it all down
ch. 18 / hericane
ch. 19 / cry for love
ch. 20 / stained glass
ch. 21 / where do broken hearts go
ch. 22 / nobody loves me like you
ch. 24 / breathe / lights up
ch. 25 / until we get there
ch. 26 / electric
ch. 27 / mariposa
ch. 28 / sweet creature
ch. 29 / mess
ch. 30 / the morning
ch. 31 / I'm with You
ch. 32 / charlie brown
another author's note
ch. 33 / la vie en rose
ch. 34 / Fine Line
its. Been. A. Minute.
ch. 35 / And Then Some
ch. 36 / Golden
ch. 37 / lose the feeling
ch. 38 / holy ghost
As it was.
ch. 39 / Right Down The Line

ch. 23 / love myself

3.7K 77 11
By doyouknowwhoyouare02

A/N: Olivia O'Brien with this song. She really did something

Madi's POV

Week one of making a new Madi was been done. I already feel better, more in my own skin, and more self sufficient. I had just bought a new car and I was unpacking in my new studio apartment that I found rather quickly. Sarah hooked me up with one of her friends that had a place he was leasing so I took the opportunity as quick as I could. I went by our old place with a rental UHaul while Harry was at the studio and picked up all my boxes that he already packed for me. Now I stood here alone, unpacking the life I built for myself the last 6 years and moving it into my own space. A place where I can start over, have my own life, my own plan, get my shit together, and love myself. I heard my phone start ringing and saw that my mom was FaceTiming me. I answered and propped my phone on the counter, continuing to unpack.

"Hi mama!" I said.

"Hi baby! I'm here with your dad. What're you up to?" I could hear my dad mumbling next to her.

"Unpacking in my new apartment!" I yelled back, while yanking out some bubble wrap.

"You're finally in! Yay!" She said. "Are you finally out of living with that BOY," my dad chimes in. I rolled my eyes. It's so against his traditional southern self to move in together before you're married, let alone as business partners.

"Yes dad," I groaned.

"Well good, you know how I felt about that situation," his disgruntled attitude carried well over the phone.

"Hush Al. Do you like the new place sweetheart?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I'm really liking it! I feel....at home." I said.

"Good I'm glad. Super happy for you darlin'. Have you spoken to Harry at all?" She asked.

"Not since we met at the café. He said he was going off the grid for a while though. I don't expect to hear from him." I shrugged and pulled out a couple of picture frames.

"He'll call," she said and I could sense the smile on her lips.

"You think?" I turned toward my phone.

"I know," she nodded. Before our conversation could continue I noticed my screen change. "Madi! What's happening! It says you're paused. What does paused mean?" My mom panicked.

"Mom relax," I approached my phone," I'm getting a call from Jeff, I should take this. Chat later?"

"Sounds good. Love you."

"Love y'all too!" I quickly answered Jeff's call.

"Hello?"

"Madi! Spontaneous team meeting at four. See you then," Jeff said.

"You couldn't have texted me?" I jokingly asked.

"You know damn well you wouldn't have seen it," I sighed realizing he was right.

"I'll be there."

"Good," he hung up on me. I put my phone back down and checked the clock. I had about two hours before I needed to leave for the appointment. I continued to unpack for an hour before my phone rang again. I saw it was Lauren and picked it up.

"Damn I'm popular today," I joked.

"Madi have you been on Twitter," Lauren said rather frantically, ignoring my statement.

"No, why," I felt my cheeks drain of color.

"I DM'ed it to you. Check it right now," Hannah said in the background and I immediately switched apps. "Also where are you?" Lauren asked. I forgot I neglected to tell them everything that happened and that I moved out. But I couldn't answer them right now seeing the tweet Hannah sent. Harry was seen out with Kendall and the paps snapped pictures of them. My hands started sweating and I sat down, afraid if I stood too long that I would collapse.

"Earth to Madi," Lauren's voice rang through my phone but I was too sucked in to the photos I was seeing to answer. I thought he was going off the grid. This just further proves to me that he's not maturing for us. He's not trying.

"Mads, you ok?" I flipped back to the camera after a couple more minutes and saw their faces.

"Yeah I'm good," I sighed. "He just makes some really dumb decisions. First Camille. Now Kendall," I played with the rubber band in my wrist while spinning side to side in the stool at my island.

"Hold up, Camille?! What's been happening in your life?" Lauren asked and soon I saw Hannah's intrigued face join her in frame. I explained to them everything that's happened since I got back from my mental breakdown going home. They were obviously upset I didn't tell them but they understood I needed to figure some things out.

"Well he's a stupid boy. Boys are stupid. We know this. But I think this is good for you! Get back to boss ass bitch Madi that we knew in college. Make that damn name for yourself girl!" Lauren said and it made me chuckle.

"Thanks," I said.

"You guys will figure it out. He is just a little dumb." Hannah chimed in.

"You're right," I sighed. "He's idiotic, but that doesn't dismiss his actions. I'm gonna give him a hard time."

"As you should!" Lauren clapped and I laughed again.

"Anyways I gotta go to a meeting but I'll keep y'all updated with everything. Love you!" I said, hovering over the end button.

"Love you!" They waved goodbye and I hung up, grabbing my keys and heading toward the meeting. The drive to the studio is always short, I wished it was longer from my new apartment but it wasn't. I really wasn't looking forward to seeing him. He lied, I don't fuck with liars. I'm sick of it. And like I said, I'm going to give him a hard time. I walked into the studio and wandered around the familiar halls until I approached the board room door. My binder was tucked under my armpit when I walked in and sat down, avoiding any eye contact with Harry. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of acknowledging him, hoping that it pissed him off.

"Let's talk album," Jeff walked in and threw a manilla folder down on the table. He rested his hands on the table and leaned in.

"Let's," Mitch leaned back in his chair.

"Harry, it's done?" Jeff looked at him, I saw him shrug out of the corner of my eye. "Great! Well tickets sales for the 2020 tour are booming. The presale went great..." I tuned Jeff out while he continued to talk about standard tour shit. Stuff that didn't exactly pertain to me. I knew if I looked at Harry right now, my eyes would pierce right through him. I was so anxious and angry just sitting in the same room as him. I cannot get over the fact that his definition of "off the grid" was lunching with Kendall Jenner. Pathetic.

"Madi?" Sarah said and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Hm," I perked up, chiming in.

"How are we looking for interviews and such?" Jeff asked.

"Ah yes," I tucked my hair behind my ears and opened my binder. I continued on with potential interviews with Howard Stern, Ellen, and a couple of radio stations. All the work I presented at the meeting were things I accomplished in this last week...away from distractions. It just proved to me more that I was growing and getting better. The meeting continued on a while longer and they discussed the setting and stage assemblies for the tour.

"We still have a finishing touch on the last song for the album, but other than that we're ready. We'll be on time," Kid said.

"Finishing touch? Woah woah, you guys, this is supposed to be done. Harry?" Jeff said and his anger almost made me giggle. I had to hide my smile by looking down in my lap. It was rewarding to see him get mad at Harry.

"You know," Harry leaned forward and cleared his throat, his fingers intertwined with each other," it would've been done a lot sooner but I've just been having some...personal matters," his words made me look right at him. His eyes were in dead contact with mine from across the table.

"Maybe you wouldn't have so many 'personal matters' if you didn't create them," I said with a petty smile and I saw his face quickly drop. I knew I won this one. After a couple of seconds of tension, Jeff spoke up.

"I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but you need to figure it out or bury it or shove it under the rug or something. No distractions. This is gonna be big! End of meeting," he said and everyone started murmuring and shuffling. However Harry and I just kept a stare from across the table. His lips curled into a smirk and his fingers tapped along them. Everyone had cleared out from the room and it was now just us, still sitting, and staring. My eyes glared at him.

"What?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

"That was a good one," he waved his finger at me.

"Thank you," my lips curved into a smile and I did a small bow from my seat.

"I deserved it. But if you must know, Kendall-" he started but I cut him off.

"I don't really care to hear it to be honest," I said while gathering my papers together and standing up.

"You seem like you're doing well," his eyes followed me while continuing to pack my belongings.

"Extremely," I flashed a smile at him. "Can't say the same for you though. Next time you see Kendall tell her I said hi!" I shrugged and started making my way toward the door.

"We're just friends! We were catching up!" He chuckled and swiveled his chair so he was now facing me at the door.

"You still lied to me," I sighed and saw him nod with his cheeks puffed. With that remark, my time here was done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 36K 76
Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live sessions, a certain girl catches his eye...
44.4K 435 47
Aisley has to live with her brother . Her brother is in the biggest boy band , One Direction . But , can you guess who ? Louis Tomlinson . She has to...
370K 7.8K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
10.2K 63 32
Meet Megs: honest, kind, Loving and, just so happens to be best friends with Niall Horan. She asks him to come down to visit. But, will Megs complete...