Eres Academy :School of The R...

By cassiopp3ia

HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth i... More

02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44.
EPILOGUE
Author's note
Heir's series #2 book trailer

01

48.6K 782 410
By cassiopp3ia

Quick {AUTHOR"S NOTE}

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names,characters,businesses,places,events,locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story is unedited it may have typographical or grammatical errors. Sorry about that. I'd get back to this after I finish the series.

I wrote this story when I was 14, so I apologize in advance for my grammatical errors hope you can bear with it. I look forward to improving my writing skills each chapter. I also tend to juggle my writing with school priorities, singing clubs, and journalism but hey like I said, writing is therapy for me, and I'm guessing that's what reading is for you too.

A quick preview before you start the story.

The book's setting is our world some time way far in the future. But unlike the future many of us envision, with technology and all, I envisioned it as a world filled with monarchs, castles, and medieval characters. You get the idea.

Lastly, I'd like to thank you dearest reader for making the decision to have a peak at what runs in my mind:))

So I'll just sit back and watch as I welcome you into my mind of crazy yet somewhat captivating thoughts. *Sips hot chocolate*

***

Paige

It was September.7, 2076 Monday afternoon when I got the letter saying:

To: Paige Ashley Johnstone Bennet,

We The Academic council of Monarchs and Squillionaires of Eres Academy, School of The Royal and the Rich would like to inform you that our school's held a project that's been going on for decades now where in,

we rumble random names of commoners in our entire world and only 2 lucky scholars get picked yearly and those 2 lucky scholars are brought to our School and are able to live the experience of studying the world's best education and to be schoolmates with the most famous people of the world.

This will be freely off charge and You dear are luckily selected to play a part in this project. So on behalf of the whole School of The Royal and The Rich we would like to congratulate you and welcome you to our Magnificently beautiful school.

P.S we would be sending a man of our own into your humble abode to get you ready for the journey to city proper. Your glamorous life awaits you.

-School's Public Affairs Manager

Brigette Von La Fleur

"You should do it Paige" My Mom firmly said the second she finished reading the letter. "It isn't everyday when you get to enter and study in The world's best school!"

"I know that ok!" I rubbed my eyes with frustration. "Could we just not talk about this for now, and let me think?"

I just got a letter from The School of The Royal and The Rich telling me that I was the selected student scholar of the year who will be given the once in a lifetime chance to enter the world's greatest school.

where they teach the best education, they have the grandest facilities, the best activities and where the world's Monarchs and richest people go to, to study.

Many people across the world wishes and wants this chance, the chance to enter this Grand school but only two commoners per year can get it. Now I unexplainably but luckily got that chance, and me and my Mom don't have to spend a single penny but I just unexplainably and probably stupidly don't want to go.

Mom scratched her head, "This isn't something needed to be thought of, you're given a big opportunity served right to you on a golden platter and you still need to think about it?!"

Mom seemed stressed after a whole day of work and coming home to read one of the greatest news of our lives but have a stubborn daughter who doesn't want to go due to her own (my own) reasons.

"You're unbelievable"

Just as I was about to say something there was a knock on our front door, Mom rushed out of my room to answer it. Now she's gone I could now listen to myself think.

This should be some exciting news, if I was a little girl I would've been ecstatic about this but...I've got a happy life already, I have my friends, I have a nice school although it's not as beautiful or Grand as Eres Academy but it's... my school.

Going to the World's Global city in California where the Noble people roam, where the center of the world is, where the most high-tech machines work would be a dream come true especially for a commoner like me, but it just isn't home.

The World has changed a lot since the War Ages. Wars came and destroyed almost all civilizations that humanity had to rebuild a new, After the 5th world war, the countries came to an agreement, that the wars wouldn't stop if the people of the world are given to much freedom that they abuse it.

That's why the leaders of the world came together and signed a treaty saying that Monarchy was the answer. Then just like that, almost all of the democrats, communist and other hierarchy leaders converted themselves into Monarchs although there were some countries who didn't join the Monarchy conversion and stayed democrats, Monarchy still spread through out the world, we called it the Royal age.

These Monarchs built castles and estates around the planet, but more importantly brought back the peace our world once lost. Because of the Monarchy,many royal families grew larger than ever recorded in history, That's why they made a school for the Royal students, to promote the unity of future leaders within the diversity of nations.

Soon the rich conglomerates of our world stood up and made a huge contribution to the economy of each country, the vastness of their riches spread through out the world. In the year 2053 The School of the Royals opened their gates to the Wealthy and they both learn the ways of how to lead and raise may it be a kingdom or a business.

But because of this action the Rebellion was born. Many of our people across the globe rebelled making our streets all around the world full of riots and peace wasn't evident. That made each country join forces once again to build a new kind of weapon. That made them build a new breed of soldiers but stronger, faster, smarter with more high tech equipment. They called them Knights, the soldiers of the world.

Although they weren't like the olden knights, they were called that because of the big return of Monarchy into our world. And these Knights drove out the rebels of each country hence now known as kingdom and the leaders built up a wall around each country to keep these rebels out. So till this day our world has our International soldiers otherwise called as Knights and they have their own school as well where in they train the young to be like them which is located near the school of the Royal and The Rich.

"Paige!" Mom called from downstairs. "Someone's here to see you!"

"I'm coming!"

I rushed downstairs and got surprised to see who Mom was talking to.

"Hey Peggy!" Aiden smiled. "wanna take a walk?"

"I thought your school's not out till next month?!" I punched him lightly on his shoulder. How I've missed him.

"Ouch!" He held on his shoulder acting hurt.

I laughed. "Stupid"

"Hey who are you calling stupid?" He ruffled my blonde curly hair till it became tangled. "Get changed we're gonna catch the sunset"

I stomped hard on his foot for making my hair tangled, I mean people with curly hair needs high maintenance to keep it presentable, or else it would just fly around.

"Ouch!" He closed his eyes and held his foot. "God that hurts"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't mess with the hair!"

"Oh C'mon! you two you better cut that out and get along or you'll miss the sunset" Mom reminded us.

"Yeah Peggy hurry up!" Aiden smirked. I stuck out my tounge and ran upstairs to my bedroom.

I had many friends at school but Aiden was my all time bestfriend. We've been together ever since we we're three and other than the fact that my Mom works for his Billionaire/world wide known family, our moms were also bestfriends, till his mother died back when we were both 11, which made him look at mom as his mother figure as well.

Back then when he didn't yet have a car, he'd sometimes bike all the way here from his mansion and let out his problems to me and my Mom, he was the closest thing to family. We we're unseperable, until we started going to school, I went to the state public school while he left to the west coast, and he'd be gone for about 5-6 months but he'd always come back on my birthday and on holidays then go back afterwards. I rarely see him .

His birthday is only 4 months apart from mine which makes us relate to each other this much due to the lack of age gap. He just always gets me, and I always get him. If there's one person in the world that I could count on aside from my mom, it would be Aiden.

I got my gray T-shirt and wore it on top of my white tank top and settled with my pajama pants. I examined my look in tge mirror, I had crazy blonde hair and brown eyes, I'm quite short and quite chubby. I tied my hair up into a high ponytail so that Aiden wouldn't get my hair tangled again, he had a habit of ruffling my hair the same way I had a habit of punching him on his shoulder.

I ran downstairs and saw Aiden was already holding my go-to running shoes.

"Ready?"

"Yup"

Mom called, "Have fun kids! Oh and Aiden, try to talk some sense into her."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Don't worry Aunt Edith, I sure will!" Aiden called back.

So looks like mom already told him about my letter.

I saw his white Lexus that he got for his 16th birthday parked outside, we both named it "Ice" since it just popped into our brains back then and we sticked to it. But instead we passed by it and did our usual walk around this time to catch up and admire the sunset.

"So how's California?" I brought up the topic.

"It's great, nice beaches and the castles are really exquisite, but it just isn't the same like here in Massachusetts."

"Are the girls pretty?" I laughed. He laughed as well, "Yeah, they're ok, but not as pretty as the ones back here"

We then fell silent and stopped by the pond and watched the sunset as it reflected its light to the pond. It was peaceful, and quiet. That's exactly how I feel when my bestfriend's home, Happy.

" Did you miss me?" He asked as he picked up a rock and tossed it into the pond making 5 skips. I thought him that, back then he couldn't even make a single skip, looks like he's been practicing through the months.

I scoffed, "Of course not, you were gone for only 6 months" I said trying to hide my sarcasm to make him sad just for fun.

"Eh, I don't care, I know you've missed me" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "But I sure did miss your eye roll" He laughed again.

"Asshole" I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

His smile faded when he remembered something, he picked something out of his pocket and showed it to me. It was a stainless bracelet with a beautiful pearl in the middle, my birthstone. "I was walking through one of the beaches in LA when I passed by a store that had that, it was one of a kind and it reminded me of you."

"It's beautiful, I love it."

He took my hand and wore it on me, it looked perfect on my hand.

"Thank you"

He smiled then went back to the rocks. Childish

Then we were quiet again, he continued throwing stones as if showing off how much he's improved I just laughed. I looked at his side profile, He was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and a black shorts and probably new designer shoes, but he still wore the watch I gave him for his 15th birthday although it must be tight on him, he still wore it anyway.

Then I realized how much he's changed in the last 6 months. We've both just turned 17, I last June, him last March, but he changed. He is indeed about 4 inches taller than before, his face matured, although his eyes still has it's beautiful light brown color, his fair skin's tanned but it look great on him, his shoulders broadened but they weren't that broad as he wished but it was still a big improvement. His dark hair had a new style now, instead of being combed to one side, it was messy and I'm sure he's a lot stronger now, for sure I wouldn't get to beat him in our restling matches but I've no plans of telling him that.

"So I heard you're going to The school of the Royal and The Rich huh?" he stopped throwing stones and sat beside me.

"I just got the letter, doesn't mean I'm going already"

"But you sure are lucky I mean, you and another lucky person out of all the students our age in the world it's just amazing" he looked at me, "Too bad to put to waste"

"Look if you're siding with my mom, I need you to know that you're not making this any easier for me"

He laughed and cupped my slightly chubby cheeks and squished them.

"I'm always on your side" he winked. "But it's a big opportunity-"

"I'm perfectly happy with my life right now thank you very much" I cut him off and took off his hands from my cheeks, he loved squishing them thinking they were chubby but too bad for him, I'm loosing my chubbiness more and more each day.

Aiden continued as if he didn't hear a word I said "Look not only would you be going to The best school in the world, but you'd also meet, the Royals and the Richest people of the world, AND you'd also get to go to school with me!" He pointed to himself smiling.

"It's not that I don't want to be with you, it's just that I don't belong there"

"You should give it a shot c'mon Peggy, remember when we were little we've always wanted to go to the same school together but it never happened, now's the chance and I'd be here for you."

I was speechless, Am I ready to just leave this simple life behind me, and be one with them?

"Give it a shot, it would make you're mom very happy, to see you have the best."

But I'm gonna miss this place.

After a moment of silence.

"C'mon I'll walk you back home it's getting dark" He looked at the sky.

The walk back home was quiet, I was debating with myself with my choices, If I go, I won't have to say goodbye to Aiden for 6 months coz I'll be with him, but then I'll have to say goodbye to my friends, my school, my home, my mom. But this is a one time opportunity, will I take it or leave it?

I was surprised to see Mom, waiting outside the door watering the plants in the front yard.

"Oh! There you two are" she turned off her hose. "Aiden come join us for dinner and, Paige wash up before we eat ok"

Aiden nodded and helped mom finish watering the plants.

I headed to the door, and held the handle but then it hit me.

"Mom!" I called,

"Yes?" She looked up from her plants and so did Aiden.

I paused for a moment. Then looked straight at them.

"I'll do it."

_______________________

#Junkterrorbill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 266 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
10.3K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
307K 10.4K 62
[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Yes," I nodded. She immediately broke o...
2.1M 73.9K 54
HIGHEST RANK #3 TEEN FICTION 12/11/19 [FIRST 6 CHAPTERS UNDER MAJOR EDITING - pls continue further before giving up xoxo] ❝ You weren't kidding about...