The Tired Villainess

By Potatophobia

Lihua was an accomplished woman who lived a lonely life. Everyone thought that she had a loving family and wa... More

A/N
Prologue
Xu Qiang - 1.1
Xu Qiang - 1.2
Xu Qiang - 1.3
Xu Qiang - 1.4
Xu Qiang - 1.5
Xu Qiang - 1.6
Xu Qiang - 1.7
Xu Qiang - 1.8
Xu Qiang - 1.9
Xu Qiang - 1.10
Xu Qiang - 1.11
Xu Qiang - 1.12
Xu Qiang - 1.13
Xu Qiang - 1.14
Xu Qiang - 1.15
Xu Qiang - 1.16
Xu Qiang - 1.17
Alena Wilson - 2.1
Alena Wilson - 2.2
Alena Wilson - 2.3
Alena Wilson - 2.4
Alena Wilson - 2.5
Alena Wilson - 2.6
Alena Wilson - 2.7
Alena Wilson - 2.8
Alena Wilson - 2.9
Alena Wilson - 2.10
Alena Wilson - 2.11
Han Suyin - 3.1
Han Suyin - 3.2
Han Suyin - 3.3
Han Suyin - 3.4
Han Suyin - 3.5
Han Suyin - 3.6
Han Suyin - 3.7
Han Suyin - 3.8
Han Suyin - 3.9
Han Suyin - 3.10
Han Suyin - 3.11
Han Suyin - 3.12
Han Suyin - 3.14
Han Suyin - 3.15
Han Suyin - 3.16
Han Suyin - 3.17
Han Suyin - 3.18
Han Suyin - 3.19

Han Suyin - 3.13

16.5K 773 241
By Potatophobia

"Come on, we have to go." Han Xiu spoke.

After the soldiers stopped their gawking, they stood up and got ready. They wiped out the amazement on their faces and stood back in their previous formation. Biyu was still staring at the tall man, completely fascinated.

Han Xiu stood at the front so that the soldiers can see him. "Listen up! We're going to start our journey to Jiandan today, we'll rest at night and resume the next morning. It should take around a week or so to reach there." His voice turned husky due to the yelling which was like music to Biyu's ears.

"Yes, Captain Han!" The soldiers yelled.

Han Xiu started walking and the soldiers followed. He was tall, lean, and slightly muscular, his authority and power were in each step he took. Fu Guan caught up with Han Xiu and slapped his back.

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"You didn't tell us that you were going to dress up as a man!"

"I did." Han Xiu replied, still in his deep voice.

"When?!"

"When I was briefing all the soldiers about the situation, I told them that I am a man in the eyes of the other soldiers in Jiu, so I have to become one on our journey."

"How come I didn't hear that?" Fu Guan fussed.

"You were too busy picking what robes you were going to wear."

Fu Guan grunted. He kept on staring at Han Xiu's chiselled face. He took his finger and poked Han Xiu's cheek. "You look more handsome than your father when he was your age."

"Thanks."

"I was better-looking though."

Han Xiu rolled his eyes. "Alright. What is the girl doing here?"

"She was hiding out in the forest, she joined us a few moments after you left to dress up as a man."

Han Xiu sighed. "She doesn't know that I'm not a man. Send her back."

"I think she's going to want to follow you now more than ever." Fu Guan wiggled his brows.

Han Xiu furrowed his brows and looked behind him. Biyu was standing in between the two groups of soldiers. She didn't expect Han Xiu to turn around, so she was caught staring at him. She gave him a shy smile and avoided his gaze.

Woah, what?

Han Xiu groaned. "This is going to be terrible."

"At least she's not trying to talk to you." Fu Guan consoled.

"Um, excuse me?" A soft voice was heard from behind the two men.

"I spoke too soon." Fu Guan said.

"You think?"

Han Xiu looked back while he was still walking. "Yes?"

Biyu had to take a few steps back just to see the man's face properly. Looking at his attractive face, Biyu couldn't form any words.

"I-I wanted t-to um..."

Han Xiu raised his brows, indicating for her to keep going. Biyu's face started to turn red again and she ran to the back so that she doesn't embarrass herself in front of the man. Han Xiu was left staring at an empty space.

Fu Guan laughed and came to Han Xiu to slap his back again. "Man, this will be fun."

...

Through the course of a week, Han Xiu put up with Biyu's attempts at conversing with him, only for her to run away. He was feeling bored on a particular day, so he smiled at her when she called him. This made the poor girl trip on her own clothes and fall to the ground. The ground was muddy where Biyu fell, making her face get covered with mud.

Han Xiu felt guilty so he walked over to help her up but, Biyu was so nervous about him coming closer, she quickly tried to stand up and stepped on the bottom of her clothes, tearing it. Horrified, Biyu ran off and jumped into the lake that was nearby.

Fu Guan laughed. "She really likes you."

"Imagine how much she'll like me when she finds out who I really am."

Fu Guan's laughter died down a bit and he patted Han Xiu's shoulder. "She'll get over it."

"She better." Han Xiu saw Biyu coming out of the lake and getting offered an extra coat from one of the older soldiers.

"We have this night to rest. Tomorrow, I'm going to take a couple hundred men and go to the tribe, you stay here with the others. If we aren't back by sundown, torch the place."

Han Xiu said this within reason. The people of Jiandan were very violent and stubborn, not a good combination for anyone. There had been stories of the people of Jiandan and how they offered shelter for some injured soldiers and in the night, when they were most vulnerable, the people of the tribe killed all the soldiers without any mercy.

Since the people could kill others without a second thought, Han Xiu wouldn't be merciful either. The main reason he wanted to get Jiandan under Jiu's jurisdiction was because of their land. Jiandan was a place full of mountains, it was the perfect spot for hiding, and setting up traps for the enemy. And since they had an elevated view of the other side, they would be able to see when the enemy's army was approaching.

"Alright, I will." Fu Guan agreed.

Han Xiu pretended to be betrayed. "No hesitation? Wow."

"I know you're going to make it out of there, Captain." Fu Guan saw right through the betrayed act.

Han Xiu bid him farewell after telling everyone to go to sleep.

'Hey, Arlo?'

'Hello, host.'

'Where have you been?'

'Sometimes I am not able to stay in an era for too long, I have to go and get reprogrammed in order to stay.'

'Oh.'

'It seems like everything has been going well for you though.'

'Yeah... not everything but, I'm glad you're back. When are you leaving again?'

'Not sure, host. But when you call for me and I can't answer, you'll know why.'

'You're going to stay for tomorrow, right?'

'Yes, and as an apology for leaving unannounced, I made sure that your body is completely like a man, just like last time.'

'Thank you, Arlo.'

...

When it was sunrise, Han Xiu got up and washed his face with a bowl of water that he kept beside him at night. He swiftly turned his face masculine and chiselled out his features a bit more, so that it looked sharper. He needed to look somewhat threatening today.

Han Xiu gathered a couple hundred older and buff looking men out of the crowd and gave them a few instructions. He told half of them to wait around the outskirts of the tribe, and the other half to enter. Only 2-3 men would be taken with him when he goes to go and cut a deal.

All the soldiers agreed and they were going to leave when Biyu came out of nowhere.

"Good morning, sir." She said and bowed.

"Good morning." Han Xiu replied and nodded.

When Han Xiu turned around and got on his horse, Biyu spoke again.

"Sir?"

"Hm?"

"Can I come with you?" She asked nervously.

Han Xiu sighed and thought about it. If she got to see what she's been wanting to all this time, then she won't bother anyone anymore. "Alright. You're coming with me to meet Jiandan's Leader."

"Of course, sir!" Biyu ran away and got prepared.

Fu Guan woke up due to all the noise. "Who is barking this early in the morning?!"

Han Xiu laughed when he saw a disgruntled Fu Guan come out of his tent.

"I'm leaving, old man. See you soon."

"Yeah, yeah. See you later."

...

When Han Xiu and his team reached the outside of Jiandan, half the soldiers stayed put, just like they were told to. As the rest of the soldiers started to march together, a few people of Jiandan came out of their huts to see what was going on. Biyu was part of the team that entered Jiandan, so she saw how the people started to curse at the soldiers and Han Xiu.

They were getting prepared to start throwing things at them, which made Biyu feel nervous. She hid behind Han Xiu and stayed as quiet as a mouse. A fruit was thrown in Han Xiu's direction, the person who threw it intended to humiliate the army. Alas, reality wasn't quite like what the person imagined.

Han Xiu caught the fruit that was launched at him, looked at it, then took a bite. "You're really going to waste your food like this?"

Faced with this new, young person, the man who threw the fruit became slightly embarrassed. These people came here and didn't kill anyone, so why were they cursing the soldiers?

By now, the leader of Jiandan had gotten news of Han Xiu's arrival and sent a person to go and fetch him. He had already seen soldiers coming during the last moments of sunrise, he was just waiting for when they would finally arrive.

When the person came and delivered the message, he was out of breathe. He told Han Xiu that his leader had been expecting him. Han Xiu nodded and signalled for 2 soldiers to step out and follow him. The rest stayed and the people were about to throw more things at the other soldiers until the message boy told them that their leader warned them to be civilised.

Han Xiu left with the message boy after he said what he needed to. He looked back and saw Biyu looking scared. He beckoned her over with his fingers. "Come on, you'll stay with me."

Biyu ran over and stood by him, she was a lot shorter than him, if she were to stand behind him, she would be completely hidden. Taking unhurried steps, Han Xiu casually walked all the way to the leader's hut. It was noticeably more luxurious looking, big space, high-quality fabrics, and paintings were hung on the walls.

He only looked for a little bit when he saw a man sitting in the middle on his throne-like chair. The man was older than him, he had a few wrinkles here and there and looked very imposing. Han Xiu guessed that this man was very handsome in his youth. His eyes were frozen over like he had no intention of making a deal. Han Xiu knew that the only way to deal with this type of man was to talk about his people and not be arrogant, not that Han Xiu was anyway.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, sir..."

"Han, Captain Han Xiu." Han Xiu gave a courteous nod at which the man nodded back.

The leader's name was Bo Dong. He was a real poisonous person, with a venomous mouth too.

"Please, take a seat." Bo Dong called a servant over and prepared for a seat.

"Many thanks." Han Xiu said when he sat down.

"So, why have you come to this useless place, Captain? Surely you have better things to do."

"Actually, I came here to make peace with you, in exchange for something, of course."

"Obviously, you people always offer something and end up taking more than what was agreed." Bo Dong stirred his tea and narrowed his eyes.

"Tell me what you want." Bo Dong said.

After Bo Dong heard Han Xiu's offer his facial expression was not good.

"Look, I'm here for the sake of your Tribe's safety and my people."

"Say that when you actually mean it." Bo Dong spat.

"I do mean it. There is a war that's going to happen whether we like it or not, I'm just making sure that the least amount of people get hurt." Han Xiu replied in his normal tone, not affected at all at Bo Dong's harsh tone.

"You and your country can get burned down for all I care, I have better things to do than entertain your stupid ideas." Bo Dong continued. "I have my own people to care for and protect. You can take your horrible idea and get out of this place."

"What's horrible about forming an alliance?"

"You self-centred brat. Remember, you're in my territory, I can kill you all right here, right now." Bo Dong threatened.

Biyu, who was watching from the side felt terrified. She was never actually put in a situation where her life was at stake. Han Xiu glanced at her and his eyes softened. He gave her a small smile for reassurance. He then turned back to Bo Dong and his eyes became firm.

"Really? Then do it." Han Xiu challenged Bo Dong, he raised his brows, waiting for him to take action.

Bo Dong knew that there would be consequences to his actions, so he didn't actually follow through with what he said.

"I'd rather die than join hands with you and your country, now get out of my land before you regret stepping foot here." Bo Dong called some people to drag Han Xiu and his people out.

"Fine, but let me tell you something before I leave." Han Xiu got up and walked over to Bo Dong. "Your land will be destroyed soon."

Bo Dong became mad and thought that Han Xiu was threatening him. He stood up and saw that Han Xiu was already outside. When he caught up, he stopped Han Xiu and saw a crowd of his citizens outside.

"How dare you? You come onto my land, and tell me that it will be destroyed by you? You have some guts."

Han Xiu laughed. There was no emotion in it. "I never said that I would destroy it."

"Then who will, huh? Nobody dares to mess with us."

"Tell that to the army that is planning to destroy Jiu, and all the land nearby, including yours." Han Xiu replied.

"Get out of my sight." Bo Dong said with gritted teeth.

"Alright, alright." Han Xiu backed off. "Just a reminder before I leave..."

"What?" Bo Dong harshly questioned.

"At least we came here peacefully. When the other army comes, they will attack you in the middle of the night, execute all the men and elderly, enslave all children, and force your women to be the soldier's bedwarmers, whether they like it or not. And when this happens, you'll wish you took my offer." Han Xiu took a step closer to Bo Dong each time he spoke. His volume was not low, the crowd could hear it clearly. The way Han Xiu said it made a chill run down all their spines.

Bo Dong was cornered by Han Xiu. His people have heard what will happen to them if he didn't take Han Xiu's offer, and they aren't happy. Han Xiu made sure of that. He started walking away, the people gave him space to move.

After some inner turmoil, Bo Dong knew what his only option was.

"Wait." Bo Dong said, defeated.

Han Xiu turned around. "Yes?"

"Let's make a deal."

Han Xiu's lip slowly curved on one side, "Now, was that so hard to say?"

...

Hello everyone! This chapter is really long compared to my usual ones. I wanted to get your opinion on this. Would you prefer longer chapters or would they get too boring?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 8.3K 60
𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗘𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝗵𝘂𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶 ☆ The CEO of 'Raghuvanshi Group' also an underground Mafia. A typical cold...
990K 23.8K 42
Limitied Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Wh...
186K 13.6K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
222K 24.1K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...