Heartbreak Warfare

Od thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 57

60.1K 2.3K 3.3K
Od thedaydreamer270

Harry could have held onto Draco forever, but there wasn't time for a proper reunion. Harry intertwined his fingers with Draco's and turned to face his friends who were all a mask of shock (besides Ron, Hermione, and Ginny).

"Bloody hell. I wasn't expecting that," Neville replied and turned to Ron. "Did you know?"

"Yeah, I knew," Ron muttered. "I had to deal with their couple-y shit for months."

"I knew it," Seamus remarked with a grin. "They were obsessed with each other for years. I knew it was only a matter of time."

Neville looked like he was going to ask something but Harry cut him off. "We don't have time to talk about this. We've got to split up and find this thing. Draco and I will go check out the Ravenclaw common room." Harry looked at Ron and Hermione. "Can you two destroy the cup?"

They nodded and they all dispersed. Harry turned to McGonagall.

"What do you need, Mr. Potter?" She asked.

"Time. As much as you can give me, Professor."

She nodded. "Consider it done." 

Draco and Harry headed toward the stairs when Blaise came up to them.

"Hey! What's the plan? What is everyone doing?" Blaise asked.

"We're looking for Ravenclaw's lost diadem," Harry explained. "We think it could be something that can help us defeat you-know-who."

"Lost diadem...I think I've heard that story but it hasn't been seen in a long time," Blaise replied.

"Yeah, Cho said that no one alive has seen it."

"I'll take a look around. Maybe check the library," Blaise said.

"Okay. Be safe," Draco spoke.

Blaise smiled and nodded. "You too, mate."

Then they went their separate ways. Harry headed up the stairs with Draco not far behind him, never releasing his hand. He was so glad to see him again but there were some things that he wanted to know...

"What happened after we separated?" Harry asked.

"I was just sent here."

"You never had to talk to you-know-who? No one asked you about why you ran away? Or who you were with?"

"There were rumors but no one could prove anything and I didn't tell anyone. It wasn't much of an issue since Blaise and I had our own dorm away from the others associated with deatheaters."

"You and Blaise...had your own private room...like we used to have," Harry replied, trying to push the images of Draco with anyone else out of his mind. He wouldn't do that. Though, Blaise and he were close...

"Yeah...? Why'd you say it like that?"

"I've just always wondered...you and Blaise are close..." Harry trailed off.

"Are you asking me if I ever dated Blaise?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

Harry blushed. "Yeah, I mean, it doesn't matter but I was just wondering..."

"We never really dated. I did kiss him fourth year when I was figuring out my sexuality. But I only kissed him because he was the only guy I knew for sure that liked guys."

"You only kissed him once?"

"Not exactly. We kind of had a casual thing going on for a few months when we both realized we were better as friends. Plus, he started fancying some bird."

"And you two just ended it? There weren't any lingering resentment or feelings?"

"It was just a casual thing. There wasn't any resentment or lingering feelings after it ended. Why? Where is this coming from?"

Harry was saved from answering when Luna ran up to them. "Harry! Where are you going?"

"To the Ravenclaw common room—"

"You won't find anything there—"

"Luna, we've got to—"

"No, listen to me. No one alive as seen the diadem."

"Yeah, we went over this—"

"She means a ghost," Draco interjected. "We've got to talk to a ghost to figure out where it is."

Luna nodded. "Helena Ravenclaw, Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter, should know where the diadem is."

****

Draco and Harry learned from Helena that the diadem was hidden in the Room of Requirement. They were heading there now but Draco hadn't finished his conversation with Harry.

"Why'd you ask me about Blaise?" Draco asked.

"No reason. I was just curious."

"Bullshit. I know when you're lying, Harry."

"It's not important. We're kind of in the middle of a war."

"I know," Draco pulled on Harry's hand and turned him to face him. "But if either of us dies today, I would hate to have some unfinished business between us. I really don't want to be forced to haunt Hogwarts because of it."

Harry sighed. "Fine. But let's walk and talk." They started walking again when Harry stumbled.

Draco caught him as Harry grabbed his forehead. "What is it?" Draco asked, worry evident in his voice.

"Nothing," Harry shook his head and straightened up. "I think Ron and Hermione just destroyed the Horcrux."

"And you felt it?"

"Yeah. I think it's because you-know-who and I are connected."

"But you're okay?"

Harry nodded and they continued on. "To answer your earlier question, I guess I was just a little jealous. You guys are so close and now that I know that there is history between you too..."

"I told you it wasn't anything serious."

"Yeah, but we were casual too and when you broke it off, I still had lingering feelings for you."

"We're totally different! Harry, I broke things off with you because I cared so much about you. Blaise and I mutually split up."

"Did you ever relapse?"

"Relapse? What is Blaise? A drug?"

"That didn't answer the question."

Draco sighed. "Once. Over the summer."

"Which summer?"

"The summer before our sixth year."

"Was there any overlapping between us and..."

"Of course not," Draco said. "It ended before we got back to school. I was just in a dark place over the summer since I was forced to get the mark."

"Oh," Harry paused before saying. "And nothing since?"

"Nothing since," Draco promised, squeezing Harry's hand. "Does that make you feel better?"

"Slightly. I just hope that Blaise still doesn't have feelings for you."

"He doesn't."

"You can't know that for sure."

"Fine. I don't have any lingering feelings for Blaise. Is that enough?"

Harry smiled. "Yeah. It's more than enough. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Draco nudged Harry's shoulder. "I think it's kind of cute when you get jealous."

"I wasn't—"

"Well, if it isn't the traitor."

Draco turned at the familiar voice to see Crabbe and Goyle walking around the corner. They had finally made it to the Room of Requirement and the last thing that Draco wanted to do was talk to his old school mates.

"You start looking and I'll take care of these two," Draco spoke lowly to Harry.

"Are you sure?"

Draco nodded and Harry walked into the room. Draco pulled out his wand when he saw the pair point theirs.

"Do you really think that you can take me?" Draco scoffed. "I'm surprised the pair of you made it as far as you did here."

"At least we aren't traitors," Goyle snapped.

"Because I've got morals, not that you lot would know what that means."

Crabbe threw a spell at him that Draco easily dodged. He threw a spell of his own that hit Crabbe right in the chest and he stumbled back. Then they both starting throwing spell at him at will. They were sloppy but there were also too many to dodge. Draco fell back and before he could get up, he was stunned. Crabbe and Goyle walked over to him and stood over him.

"How much do you think the Dark Lord will appreciate it if we bring Malfoy to him?" Crabbe asked.

"A lot, considering the rumor that he's dating Potter is no longer a rumor."

They hauled him up to his feet, each taking a hold of one arm and Draco was helpless to do anything. They took him down the corridor and as they rounded the corner, they ran into two other familiar faces. Faces that Draco never thought he would be glad to see. Ron and Hermione.

Hermione didn't hesitate to stun both Crabbe and Goyle who were too slow to stop her. They fell to the ground with Draco awkwardly between them. Ron cast the counter spell and Draco was able to get to his feet.

"Thanks," Draco said, brushing off his shirt.

"No problem," Hermione said. "Where's Harry?"

"In the Room of Requirement. The lost diadem should be in there."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

16.9K 933 18
When Draco Malfoy watched Charity die in front of him, he decided no more. Joining Harry on the search for Horcruxes the blonde finds more than just...
10.2K 126 18
draco gives him the faintest of smiles. he rips apart from harry and stares into his eyes. harry's eyes contain the world's amount of love, affection...
724K 22.5K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
66.3K 1.8K 35
After being married for 20 years, Harry Potter finally admits to Ginny and himself what he's always sort of known: he's gay. He starts to see Draco i...