☆ Rising Phoenix ☆ [ Complete...

By Mamree

Winner of 2nd position in Limelight Award 2020. #Standalone .... A journey of a spirited woman who find herse... More

DISCLAIMER
Story Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Dooms Day
Chapter 2 : Dying Silently
Chapter 3 : Trapped
Chapter 4: Slap Of Destiny
Chapter 5 : Torn Pages Of Diary
Chapter 6 : Raizada vs Malik
Chapter 7 : Aftermath
Glimpse Of Next Part
Chapter 8 : Life Without Happiness
Glimpse Of Next Part
Chapter 9 : Facing Each Other
Chapter 10 : What The Heart Holds
Chapter 11 : Determination
Chapter 12 : Vicious Plan
Chapter 13 : Suffocation
Chapter 14 : Masterstroke
Chapter 15 : Check & Mate
Chapter 16 : Betrayal
Chapter 17 : Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 18 : Move On
Chapter 19 : Return Of ASR
Chapter 21: Turning Point
Limelight Award 2020
Chapter 22: Soothing My Wound
Chapter 23 : The Two Faces
Chapter 24: Unfulfilled Dream
Chapter 25: Conflicted Emotions
Glimpse of Next Part
Chapter 26: The Missing Piece of Heart
Chapter 27 : Dying Wish
Chapter 28 : A Promise
Chapter 29 : Warm Embrace
Chapter 30 : Curtain Up
Chapter 31 : Happily NEVER After ( Last Chapter)
Epilogue ~One
Epilogue ~ Two
~ Thank You ~

Chapter 20 : The Game Begin

5.7K 415 130
By Mamree

Rising Phoenix

**************

The number of Covid 19 infected population is just increasing irrespective of Lock down... Now as community spread already happened, so it's on our hands to keep ourselves safe and free of disease...

Once again...

It's my earnest request please, follow the safety measures..Help yourself and help the nation..

Be safe...keep everybody safe...Stay at home..

Pray for all...

Our unity can help us to overcome the situation...

***********

Chapter 20 : The Game Begins

Next Day...

Morning..

Verma Industry..

Arnav looked at the file in front of him, Open...getting the details about Khushi's professional life Arnav had made a perfect plan to keep Khushi in this project.

ASR very well knew how to play his card....

Arnav take a deep breath hearing the knock in his cabin door...

" Please come in", he said aloud knowing very well who is there at doorstep...

And as expected, a very much confused Khushi entered in his cabin within a second...

"Now the game begins..." Arnav smirk inwardly looking at the confused face of Khushi...

" Good morning Ms Sharma.." Arnav said cheerfully.

" Morning ASR, I think there is a communication gap. I had clearly said Mr Verma that I will not be able to continue the project, instead Meera will be replacing me. Mr Verma also agreed.. But today morning, he informed me that you wants to talk with me regarding this particular project. I think there is some misunderstanding." Khushi said in her pure professional voice.

" Why don't you take a seat Ms Sharma before we discuss the matter. I think you should." Arnav said very composed voice.

Though Khushi did not want to converse with him anymore sitting infront of him, but she wanted to clear the project matter for once and all, so taking deep breath Khushi finally take the seat muttering, " If you make it fast ASR, I had load of works to finish off."

" Sure.." Arnav smirked a little before handling a file to Khushi, " I would like if you read the file, before we proceed for further discussion."

Khushi was hell confused since the time she had met Arnav today morning. Arnav is behaving strange. He is unfamiliarity calm. Khushi had imagines a heavy show down even in the office this morning when she was informed that Arnav wanted to talk her urgently.. Khushi was sure Arnav wanted to talk about yesterday, about Rudra..

But now Arnav's behaviour confusing her..

Without further delay, Khushi open the file and read the content and frown a little..

" Why are you giving me this documents to read Mr ASR.. It's none of my business.." Khushi said clearly not getting any head or tail that why Arnav had given her the file..

" I am afraid it is.. Did you read the content properly?" Arnav asked straight looking at Khushi..

" Yes, it's state that You are now 55% owner of the share of this company and obviously your opinion matters in companies decision making.. How it is related to me?" Khushi still asked as if she is not getting what Arnav is indicating where as internally she is calculating the possibilities of being trapped again.

" Are you that naive Khushi? You still did not understand?" ASR stated in an amused tone which finally irked Khushi and her " I don't get effected" attitude finally faded away and she said angrily,

" Look ASR, this is professional field . I hope you will play fair.." Khushi said determined.

" But you are forgetting that I am a businessman and I want every deal in my favour." Arnav said while a smirk was slowly appearing on his face.

" So, I am a mere deal for him? I should have known better.." Khushi thought internally.

" Come to the point Mr Raizada.. I don't have much time to waste , I have loads of pending works to do." Khushi said clearly annoyed but her inner anxiety was not hidden to Arnav.

" Well, the point is, I want you as my partner for this upcoming project not some replacement. I want the best of this company to accompany me with the work.. I hope it's clear to you. You are in the project.." Arnav said with finality.

"I am thankful to you that You thought me as best for the work, but I am extremely sorry, Mr Raizada, I will not be able to involve myself in the project.. I have some other commitments ..' Khushi says making Arnav's blood boil.

" Sorry to burst your bubble Ms Sharma, but you cannot ignore your professional commitment because of your personal issues.. This is the decision made by the authority that you are working with me in this project till the end of it.. and for that time period you will be solely attached with this one project, no other work commitment.." Arnav said with the lopsided smirk which makes Khushi irritated and annoyed at the same time.

" and who is the authority here? You, yourself took the decision alone I guess?" Khushi gritted her teeth.

" You are smart enough Ms Sharma, I must say, as a major share holder, I does not need any other person's opinion in this trivial matters." ASR said with attitude.

" But as a administrator you are bound to hear about your employees problems also.. I will not be able to invest extra time for this project as it demands.. so, for the best way to save your project is to not indulge me in this project.. I have a commitment towards this company too, and from that concern I am telling you SIR.." Khushi said as a matter of fact.

" Well, I appreciate your concern but you don't have to worry about it.. Whatever may come, I will handle but I need you in this project at any bloody cost.. Do you get that Ms Sharma.." Arnav said suddenly standing up from his chair. A glint of madness was visible in his eyes.

" My answer is NO Mr Raizada.. and it will remain the same." Khushi too stand up from her seat and turned to leave the cabin much to Arnav's annoyance.

" You are forgetting that you are an employee of this company and at present you are arguing with your boss.. I hope you know the consequences?" The moment those words escaped from Arnav's mouth he regretted it badly... Immediately Arnav looks at Khushi and looking at Khushi's painful eyes Arnav cursed himself..

Taking long stride Arnav comes near Khushi and before she could understand anything she was engulf in a bear hug by Arnav..

"I am sorry, Khushi.. I did not want to hurt you anymore, I have already hurt you enough which I regret tremendously.. But please, don't ignore me like that.. I became mad when you ignore me Khushi.. Since the time I met you after 7 years, you are behaving as if we are stranger.. I felt hurt Khushi, I felt rejected..Ego hurt hua hai mere.. please don't do this to me.. Don't do this to US... I know, the gravity of my mistake is immeasurable.. But please, give me a chance to amend.. I will not be able to live without you Khushi.. Khushi I lo..." Before Arnav could complete his sentence, he was harshly pushed by Khushi..

" JUST SHUT UP... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Mr Raizada... I can not believe you can stoop so low.. I felt disgusted that once I had a relationship with you.. I regret every moment which I spend with you.. I just wish that I had never met you, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE Mr ASR..." The moment Khushi finished her words Arnav took few steps back as if Khushi's venomous words forced him silently.

" Kh..Khushi... please, don't push me away... I can not take it anymore.. I will not be able to live without anymore.. Khushi.. I.." Arnav suddenly stop listening Khushi's sarcastic laugh..

" Mr Raizada, I must say your sense of humor have improved.. By the way did you informed your soul mate, your beloved wife that you are forcing yourself on your ex fiancee or your once contracted wife? What will your PREGNANT WIFE will think about you? At least think about your wife and your unborn for once..and for your kind information you don't look anyway "withered" or unhappy, the way you are explaining your poor self.. infact in these last 7 years, your professional and personal life was joyous and it grows only... Now that we met accidentally, that does not mean you have to pretend... Look Mr ASR, both of our path is separated now.. I have moved on and happy in my life, so you are.. Please don't spoil everything in your ego... There will be no US, not in this life time... Please, don't betray your wife... don't make me the other woman infront of the society.. and if you think that you will make another contract forcing me to became your MISTRESS then..." Khushi could not able to complete her words due to a crashing sound..

Khushi looked at the source of the sound and horrified... Arnav had just crashed the laptop on his table, all the things on the tables are on floor, a flower vase broken into pieces.. Before Khushi could overcome from the shock, she sensed Arnav in front of her, very very close. Arnav was breathing on her face almost.. Khushi was about to take few steps back but found herself caged in Arnav's Arm. Her back is pinned on the wall and Arnav had placed his hands both side making it impossible for Khushi to move..

Khushi looked at Arnav only to get shocked seeing the extreme anger emanating from his whole aura.. His eyes are red and he is clenching his jaw so tight that it seems it will be broken soon..

Looking straight into Khushi's eyes, Arnav spoke in a dangerously low voice, " DON'T YOU DARE UTTER FILTHY WORDS ABOUT YOURSELF KHUSHI...I am warning you, next time if I ever listen such words from your mouth.. I.. I don't know what I will do.."

" I am not interested about your 5 years plan Mr Raizada, leave my way and let me go..BEHAVE..." Khushi gritted her teeth still being caged in Arnav's arms.

Suddenly Arnav's eyes became soft and he cupped Khushi's face ever so tenderly, " Khushi please, I know I did grave mistakes, I mean I did sins... but you know me , I lost when I became angry and regarding my maa, when dadi told, I just... I am sorry.. Please forgive me... Please, give me a chance...You don't know how I have searched for you in this last 7 years but every way towards you were blocked... I just...Please, give me another chance to redeem myself.. last chance..."

Khushi looks at Arnav's pleading eyes for few moments , then firmly removes his hands and straightened herself, " Past is past Mr Raizada and I have moved on... I request you to accept the present and concentrate on your pregnant wife and,.."

Khushi was cut off harshly by Arnav this time with an almost shout, "Sheetal is not my wife and the baby is not mine for GOD sake, please..please believe me..."

" And why should I Mr Raizada? Did you ever trusted me ? or did you ever leave any chance to shred me into pieces by your brutal act and venomous tongue when I was your forced, contracted wife or your fiancée for few months? NO, right? Then how could you even think that I will believe you and WHY SHOULD I? WHO ARE YOU TO ME?" Khushi whispered yelled the last part controlling her emotions which were threatening to roll down from her eyes.

Arnav felt as if someone has thrown acid on him as he staggered back in disbelieve.. Did Khushi just asked this question with so much conviction in her voice? Is she his Khushi? Before Arnav could recover from his shock, he felt empty as Khushi made a desired distance between them..

Khushi turns in her heel to leave Arnav's cabin but before that she said with finality in her voice, " Mr Raizada, I will not work in that project, instead Meera will.. Believe me, you will love her work." And Khushi was about to exit but froze in her place hearing Arnav's next words,

" Either you work in the project WITH ME or submit your resignation..."

Khushi looked at Arnav in disbelief, " Excuse me, Mr Raizada , you can not fire me.. You.."

" Yes.. I can... I very much can Ms Sharma and I will, if you don't agree with my terms.." Arnav said raging like a bull forgetting that in this process he is only hurting Khushi more...

Khushi was shocked, "Is this man Mad? Due to his ego how far he can go? How stoop he can low?"

Khushi's thought was broken when she felt that Arnav is almost breathing on her face, "THINK WISELY...you have time till tomorrow morning."

Khushi gritted her teeth and spat, "There is nothing to think more, I will submit my resignation today itself" Stomping her foot KHUSHI just opened the door but again her steps halted hearing the next sets of words of Arnav, " Okay Fine Ms Sharma, But along with the resignation letter, please bring the 45 lacks which still you had to pay to this company.."

Khushi takes a swift turn and looked in Arnav's eyes...

Almost disbelief Khushi asked , " or what? If I did not give the money right now?"

" Then I have to take legal actions against you..." Arnav spat without any second thought... and when he realize what he uttered, damage is already done...

Time stops for few moments...

Khushi's hazel eyes filled with pain and unbelievable look where as Arnav's brown orbs is obsessed with the thirst to win...

It's seems history is repeating itself...

Once again...

Money and Power will win 

or 

The spirit of a woman?

Will Destiny makes Khushi as helpless as she was 8 years before?

Or

something different will going to happen?

Only...

Time can say...

To be contd.....

***************

Author Note:

Update of this story will be a little bit slow.. But keep patience, I will not abandon any of my stories..

Regarding the update, Expecting your response ....

During the time of pandemic, fighting in and out, I am trying to divert my mind by penning down.. So, I have started a new Short story based on Sheetal Track named "Withered with Hurt".. Please share your opinion about the story.. 3 chapters already updated...

Love and regards...

Your story teller

Mamree

10.06.2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

946K 52.4K 71
1st Runner up in Choice Award 2019 Winner of 3rd position in Limelight Award 2020 #Standalone A ruthless business tycoon and a lonely , naive gir...
69.2K 2.3K 5
#1 in Romance on Oct 2018...#6 out of 7K in 2017 on March 2019/ . A heartfelt thanks to All for making it happen... A Story of a man who broke all th...
75.4K 3.5K 18
Love never needs a perfect age to infect someone! But not all are wise to embrace it when it knocks their doors! By the time they realise, it would h...
39.4K 3.5K 31
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...