Ghost Hunt Fanfiction: THAT A...

By Jira03

Mai Taniyama is just another highschool student when she met an unfeeling narcissist who came to investigate... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Author's Note
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
My Apologies!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
EXTRA:🌲🎊Christmas Special🌲🎊
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44: The Final Arc (01)
Chapter 45: The Final Arc (02)
Chapter 46: The Final Arc (3)
Chapter 47: The Final Arc (04)
Chapter 48: The Final Arc (05)

Chapter 17

811 33 6
By Jira03

"Mai.... Mai! Mai, wake up!"

Mr. Guardian's gentle but worried voice entered Mai's ears, waking her up. Mr. Guardian's voice was soft but there is a trace of panic in it. Mai sit up and look around her. She is in her astral plane. She was knocked off by Lin when she is starting to lose control of her emotions. Although, Mai was thankful that the Chinese man calmed her down but his head chop was painful!

"Naru! Mr. Guardian, how is Naru?! Is he alright?!" Mai asked grabbing Mr. Guardian's sleeves when she remembered her young boss.

"Mai. Naru's alright. He is just a bit.... unstable." Mr. Guardian answered with a sigh, worried just like Mai.

Mai didn't know what happened to Naru but her heart cannot calm down seeing Naru collapse. It was just like what she felt moments before her parents die. The feeling like she would never see Naru again.

That suffocating feeling.

"Wh-what happened to him? I-I felt his pulse and his heartbeats are very slow than normal. It was almost close for the heart to stop!!" Mai said recalling how Lin had to call the ambulance and carry Naru towards the exit after resuscitating him.

"He...... He used too much power. His body cannot handle the force he used that it result to this." Mr. Guardian replied after some hesitation.

"Used too much power? You mean his PK?" Mai asked.

Mr. Guardian didn't expect Mai to know about Naru's PK and stared at the girl with astonishment.

"Yes. Unfortunately his PK is very fatal to his body especially when he overused it. There will a possibility that he may die from overusing." Mr. Guardian answered making Mai shudder.

"Wh-what? T-then.. he-----" Mai stuttered as her emotions start to turmoil.

"Mai. He is okay now. Calm down first. He just need time to rest for now. It is alright." Mr. Guardian said while patting Mai's back to calm her down.

" You said that he can die by overusing his PK. Is there a solution for this? I don't care if they are just a possibilities but I'm still worried about him!" Mai asked the moment she start thinking straight.

"Uhm... I don't know if this is a solution but...." The young man said, still hesitant in telling Mai something but seeing the hope and determination in Mai's eyes, he compromised.

"We need a medium that can purify and amplify Naru's energy and can sent it back to him for use." He finally said.

"Amplify? But wouldn't it more dangerous to Naru if it became more powerful?"

"No. The energy that came from Naru is harmful to his body if in use so he needs a medium to separate the good energy and the bad energy from his PK. Purifying it by vanishing the harmful energy from Naru's PK and adding one of his/her energy to his good PK. Without the harmful energy and the united energy of Naru and that medium, the energy formed will amplify and is ready for use. And that is not harming Naru's body after using PK. But this is not a solid solution. It is still my theory." Mr. Guardian explained.

"But how can we find such medium? Is Masako alright for this?" Mai asked.

"No. I checked Masako's mentality, psychic abilities and physical body. She is not compatible with Naru. That medium has to be, at least, in the same wavelength as Naru and is compatible in forming a telepathic bond with him."

"Tsk. Naru is so SPECIAL in everything especially in the Narcissistic Department. No wonder we can't find a compatible medium for him!" Mai said not forgetting to insult Naru's narcissistic behaviour making Mr. Guardian smile helplessly.

"And besides forming a supernatural bond with someone is nearly impossible! And if there is a little possibility, where can we find a medium like that?! And what are they supposed to do in forming a bond?! Is this really a solution?" Mai asked.

"I don't know but this is the only solution I think off. I agree on what you said but I heard that 20 years ago, there is this pair that made telepathic bond successfully. Even though it may not apply to anyone, at least there is still some hope." Mr. Guardian answered making Mai widened her eyes.

"They did it successfully?! Really?! Then did you find someone that is capable of this task?" Mai asked in excitement.

"I have a person in mind but---"

"Great! Then let us contact----"

" Even if we go to that person, there is no guarantee that the person will agree. And even if we make that person agree, we still don't know if Naru will also do this. Having a supernatural bond is not easy. You said that earlier and it is not also simple. It means that Naru will be connected to that person for the rest of his life unless one of dies. We can't make a decision for someone's life, Mai." Mr. Guardian sadly said as Mai also stopped at his explanation.

Forcing Naru to agree to this means that she is controlling Naru's life. Naru will be upset then. And if she tell him now, he will know that she already learned his true identity. He will hate her even more by then. But she is worried for him! Mai messed her hair up as she grunted in her helplessness.

" We just need to make sure that Naru don't overuse his powers. We can protect him by doing this. Now, go get some rest. We will talk about this later." Mr. Guardian said as he put a hand on her forehead.

"Okay." Mai complied reluctantly and closed her eyes.

***

Mai woke up late that morning, she learned that Yoshino-sensei was sent to the hospital because of a car accident. And when the others went to see him, he is so scared that he is trembled under his blanket while talking to them.

John performed a blessing and counsel until the teacher calmed himself. Bou-san said that the teacher saw a disembodied hand appear on his window while driving, causing him to panic and bump his car to a tree.

Mai also told them about the ghost they saw last night and they began searching for Yoshino-sensei's hitogata. They count it later that afternoon. The others also called Lin to ask for Naru's health being but he is so tight lipped about it and just told them that the narcissist is okay. When they asked for a visit, Lin just told them to wait for Naru's call.

Mai sighed as she burned the hitogata. She knew that if they visit Naru now, there is a big possiblity for them to know his real name since he is a foreigner admitted in the hospital. Mai collected the ashes and threw them in the river. She secretly stayed in the base all night doing some kind of research.

The next morning came and Naru called them to the hospital saying that the case is now solved. The others are pretty startled by this when he said that but before they could ask questions, Naru already hung up.

How does being admitted in the hospital solved the case?! That doesn't make sense at all!!

***

"Hey. Is it really here? There is no name on the door." Ayako asked

"Uh.. Yeah. Lin said it's Room 503. Well, if it is wrong, we can just say sorry, right?" Bou-san answered opening the door.

Lin is standing at the foot of Naru's bed and turned his head to the door. Masako is sitting on a stool beside Naru's bed while the patient, wearing white, is sitting comfortably on the bed while flipping the pages of his black notebook. Bou-san feels odd seeing Naru in white while Ayako is enjoying her view of the hot young white clad man.

Oh man! He looks so hot in white!

Masako glared at Ayako while Mai on the other side, hung her head low and grip her hair tight. Gosh. She stayed awake all night that it makes her head hurt. Mai sighed and took a seat beside the window while carrying her back pack. She look at Naru with worry and sighed when she saw the grumpy Naru on the bed.

Oh.. He is really alright.

"What happened to you Naru? We were worried yesterday." John asked.

"Just a mild anemia. Nothing to worry about." Naru calmly answered and look at Mai, who stayed silent in the corner.

"Okay. But what do you mean when you said that the case is solved?" Ayako asked confused.

" Before I start explaining, let us wait for the guests to arrive first." Naru answered as the other went to find their seat.

Mai leaned against Ayako's shoulder and closed her eyes. She is really tired and was planning to sleep 24 hours after the case is done. Ayako rubbed Mai's head as the latter dozed off.

"Whoa. She must be pretty exhausted by now." Bou-san said and put his coat on Mai as a blanket.

"Yeah. Staying all night in the base is really tiring." John agreed.

"She must be trying to kill herself! Trying to sneak in and out! I'll make sure to make her head home first in the future!" Ayako added with a hint of irritation and worry.

"Uh. What happened?" Lin asked hearing their faint whispers.

"Apparently, this sleeping beauty over here stayed in the base yesterday doing some research. We were shocked when we saw her sleeping on her desk with papers scattered around her this morning!" Bou-san answered looking at Lin with some doubt since this man is rarely concerned for anyone. But he didn't know that Lin is forced to asked when Naru glared at him.

"And worst, she wouldn't even let us look what she's been busying off! But, well, we did saw some of the contents of it." Ayako said.

"What is it?" Naru, who they thought is nonchalant, asked.

"Uhm.. Some things like spoon bending tricks, psychic shows in television years ago and even car accidents years ago. I don't know where will she use it for but I have a feeling that it is connected to the case." Bou-san said with some doubt in his voice.

"But she is just a teenage girl, I expect nothing much from her." He added vanishing the doubt in his mind.

"Agreed." Ayako seconded.

Lin and Naru is bewildered. They don't know what that means but they do. Mai is searching some clues about the Hexer! They didn't know if she already solved the case or closed in solving it but they realised that Mai is really a threat to Naru. Lin was worried but Naru just grinned and look at Mai.

Lin saw this and was even more anxious! A knock on the door disturbed the silence and they saw Takahashi-san, Kasai-san and Ubusuna-sensei outside the room. Mai woke up hen her phone sign and went out of the room after the guests entered. Naru began asking questions not stopping Mai on her tracks.

"Takahashi-san, Kasai-san. Did you two hear that I may be an onmyoiji?" Naru asked

"Huh? What is that?" Takahashi-san asked confusedly.

"Yes, I did." Kasai-san answered.

"Kasai-san, did you perhaps tell anyone about this?"

"Yes. I told Ubusuna-sensei about it... Is there a problem with that?" Kasai-san answered nervously.

"With our current case, Mai have been helpful in gathering information and she also side with you, believing in your innocence. Are you aware of that?"

"Yeah. I've talked to her everyday and I think she mentioned something like that in passing."

"Did you mention it to anyone?"

"...... I told Ubusuna-sensei about it." Kasai-san answered.

"Was I not supposed to know about these things? Don't worry I didn't tell anyone about them." Ubusuna-sensei said in a calm and concerned voice.

"I see.. Thank you, sensei." Naru responded and look down on his notes.

The door opened silently and Mai entered the room with an envelop in hand. She look at the guests and smiled at them. Mai secretly eyed the flower bouquet in Ubusuna-sensei's hands and went to the sidelines to where the others are. She look at Naru and saw him staring at her. It seems like Naru understand the meaning behind Mai's eyes and grinned at her for a short while. Mai smirked back and watch.

Well, it's Showtime.

***

Author's Note:

Tadah!!!

Here it is!😆😆

And here I am? Back earlier than expected! 😁😁

Comment down below on what you think about this fanfiction. Corrections are also accepted!😉😉

Please vote too if it is not much of a bother! 😊😙

Please enjoy and always stay safe! Protect yourself from the virus!💪💪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55 0 8
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...
14.3K 481 9
Mai Taniyama works at SPR, along with her boss Kazuya Shibuya. A.k.a. Naru the Narcissist. When a mystery woman comes in with a case that has people...
995 22 8
Shibuya Psychic Research is hired to investigate a delapidated Tokyo schoolhouse. The same day they begin, Ghost Hunt fan girl Nira Narumi falls into...
6K 404 19
It has been some time since Naru left for England. Mai, once in a while, sees all the gang except for Naru, Lin and Madoka. She believes she has move...