๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ๐˜ ๐„๐˜๐„๐’ โ€ข ๐‘˜๐‘ข๏ฟฝ...

By roonilwazlib__

โ ๐’…๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’š ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’”, ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’…๐’† ๐’๏ฟฝ... More

๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–•๐–.
๐–•๐–—๐–”๐–‘๐–”๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š.
๐–Ž.
๐–Ž๐–Ž.
๐–Ž๐–Ž๐–Ž.
๐–›.
๐–›๐–Ž.

๐–Ž๐–›.

1.5K 70 25
By roonilwazlib__

Tanei roamed around the place while she has some free time to spare with Korra still training Opal in the garden.

Tanei noticed strands of her pitch-black hair spiraling with the wind making it separate from her loose bun as she strolled gradually as usual to eye what's around her. Her emerald eyes skeptical of every detail present, attempting to recognize even just specks of it.

Not even knowing it, Tanei is very much selfless, that she didn't even spare herself some time. Typically, 'busy with training' is her number one excuse. It's funny that she even paid more time in the training room rather than her own house.

Not that Lin is forcing her to do certain things especially what she's pursuing now, Lin just wants her to follow what she passionately loves and not to please anybody. Even if she won't admit it Lin is proud of her no matter what she is and what she's doing.

When the idea of following her mother's footsteps came to her, Tanei didn't spare a second and accepted the path with a radiant determination. Like the idea refuses to leave her, making her disregard other options. It may be a challenge but she's determined to do it because she's honored and proud to be the one following after her mother.

When she chose this path she wasn't aware of what she might really want but she never really acknowledged those thoughts and just like every other distraction she left it all behind.

She and her mother had a long conversation about all of this matter and Lin was nothing but supportive, what matters to her is her daughter to be happy and not be forced just to please her like what happened to her.

Lin may not be the type of person to show so much affection but she truly cares for Tanei. She is trying to be a decent guardian to her daughter.

When Tanei was twelve she told the little girl to not be afraid to say if she doesn't feel whole without a father while growing up. The girl would flash her a bright grin, along with a mischievous glint on her eyes as she mumbles a quiet "don't worry too much mom, Ayumi said she can be my dad and I kinda like the idea" Lin's face can be compared with a tomato at how red it turns but she doesn't say anything back and leaves a feather light kiss on top of Tanei's head.

Tanei stepped towards a door, her hand skimming the surface of the wood and trudged closer to open it but surprisingly it opened on itself taking her by surprise, she backed away promptly.

"My apologies, I didn't see you there. Well of course I didnt, you were standing outside." The stranger snickered at their own actions, the melody of it was very familiar to Tanei.

"It's alright, I too didn't see you there." Tanei smiled without looking at the person and tried fixing her composure, positioning both hands behind her and her gaze meeting her shoes. Hoping the stranger would carry along.

"Tanei? Is that you!?"

"Uhm.. yes." Tanei frowned as she looks up, curious as to why the stranger knows her
Tanei's stomach twisted and felt suddenly hot when she saw who's in front of her, it was the dancer from earlier. The one with a pair of captivating eyes. Tanei gawks at her pair of eyes more than ever because of the close proximity and now that she wore a wide smile along with it.

"It really is you! wow, you've changed, and- you look great!" Tanei got caught off guard when the dancer from earlier pulled her into a hug.

Tanei's face was now redder than usual, trying her best to make it look normal "uh.."
When the dancer pulled away, she already plastered a frown on her face "you don't remember me don't you?"

"Ah yes, I remember you now. You were at Katara's birthday party!" Tanei awkwardly smiled hoping her dumb guess would magically work but seeing the girl in front of her still withering, she sighed "Look I'm sorry, I honestly can't remember you. My memory is going nuts these days."

The dancer sighed but eventually glimmered "It's alright, I'l help you recognize me. I'm Kuvira, we're friends when we were kids."

Tanei made an 'o' shape with her mouth, still taking in the news. She comprehends why she can't recall having a hot friend from before and pushed those thoughts away "Oh, you're Kuvira? I'm very sorry, I really can't remember you. But when Opal mentioned you to me your name was quite familiar though."

Kuvira grinned widely, happy to know that Tanei didn't fully neglected her "don't stress yourself out, it's okay maybe your memory will eventually come around but if no, then I guess we'll have to create some new ones."

Tanei smiled back. From that moment she didn't plant any doubts on herself with being friends with Kuvira before "Thanks."

"No worries."

There was an awkward silence, the two just observing each other. It was probably because both of them don't know what to say especially Tanei, she doesn't really interact with people.

She may have done almostevery training about in any situation, she hasn't done any regime concerning this certain catastrophe she's in.

It stopped when Kuvira decided to break the ice "So.. are you busy? we should hang out. You know, catch up."

Tanei contemplates before answering back "uh I- I mean sure. Fine with me." Tanei stuttered, mentally uttering profanity at herself for sounding so foolish.

"Whenever you're free."

Kuvira found Tanei quite endearing "How about tomorrow? Sounds good?"

Tanei didn't notice she was nodding enthusiastically, she then immediately coughed intentionally and crossed her arms "yeah. sure sure."

"Great. See you then." Kuvira sent her another smile before leaving her still astonished.

"yeah. see you." Tanei muttered mostly to herself.

_____________

"

Tonight, for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kyoshi elephant koi, paired with a ginger-infused pea tendril and hibiscus root salad." The chef presented his dish for them.

"Stunning." Suyin compliments as the chef bows before walking off, where he also bows to Baatar as they cross paths.

"Sorry, dear, I'm going to have to take dinner to my office. I just had a major breakthrough on the tram station remodel." Baatar informs as Baatar Jr. walks past him with a stack of paperwork.

Baatar Jr. catches Tanei and gave her a small smile to which she reciprocated "Well, don't let me stand away an inspiration." Suyin reconsidered.

"You're the best!"

"That was my brilliant architect of a husband, Baatar, and our oldest son. He engineers all my husband's projects." Suyin proudly says to Korra

"Five kids. What a nightmare." Lin grumbled from beside her sister "I thank the universe every day for giving me only one child."

"But it would've been nice having a sibling." Tanei teasingly lets out, resulting for Lin to scoff at her.

"No, no. My children are a blessing." Suyin corrects.

"Yeah, mom used to say that too, but she never meant it." Lin muttered as she picks up a piece of her food.

"Mmm I have to admit, I was pretty skeptical when he said pea tendrils, but this is delicious." Bolin confessed, laughing slightly at his own doing.

"I know, right. I don't think Ive ever had a bad meal in my life." Opal also chuckled

"Oh I had plenty when Mako and I were living in the streets. I mean, you'd be surprised how bad food from a dumpster can be." Bolin recalled his past life

Opal felt bad and looked at him sympathetically "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"No, no, it's okay, that's all in the past. Things are great now. I got to be a pro-bender, fought against a dangerous revolution, became a mover star, and now,
I'm helping the Avatar rebuild a whole nation." Bolin listed off all his recent achievements

"Wow. Your life sounds so exciting." Opal awes, envy evident from her face.

"How's your search for the new airbenders going?" Suyin glanced at Korra

"Honestly, not great. We had to rescue a whole group of them from the Earth Queen." Korra resents

"Oh, she's horrible. She thinks she can just do whatever she wants." Suyin grumbled, expressing her dislike of the Earth Queen.

"Sounds familiar."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"I mean, the idea of even having a queen is so outdated. Don't you agree, Korra?" Suyin returned her gaze back at Korra, disregarding her sister.

"I.. I haven't really thought about it too much." Korra muttered, after munching on her food.

"Well, you should start. The world is evolving and the Earth Queen can evolve with it or step aside." Suyin lifted her arm and did a sweeping motion.

"Hey, everyone. My little sister is an expert on world affairs now." Lin sarcastically stated loudly.

"Mother.." Tanei warns lowly from the side

"You want to talk about what's really bugging you? Because I'm right here!" Suyin exclaimed back at her. Lin glares bitterly at her sister before turning away.

"Sorry we're late, everyone." as Varrick and Zhu Li enters the room most of the group was shocked to see them.

"Varrick!"

Asami furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "What are you doing here?"

"Great question, Asami. I mean, what are any of us doing here? Wow, food for thought. Anywho, how's our company doing?" Varrick rambled as he glanced
at Asami.

"You mean my company. Future Industries reverted back to me after you plotted to abduct the President." Asami raised an eyebrow

"Allegedly plotted to abduct the President. Never convicted." Varrick raised both his arms and shook his hands.

"Uh, that's because you escaped prison." Mako deadpanned

"No, the universe decided to set me free. So, I looked up my old friend Suyin here, pitched her a few ideas," Varrick stopped talking to smack the table "and bam! We're in business together."

"Varrick's heading up my new technology division." Suyin told the group.

"I've seen the future, and the future is magnets! I'm working on a high-speed rail that would revolutionize transportation and shipping as we know it. But that's not all, I'm-" Varrick's dramatic explanation about his projects got interrupted by an outburst from Lin.

"All right, enough!"

Lin stands before she continues to talk "I'm trying to keep the Avatar safe and you're harboring a criminal."

"Ease out, Lin. Sure Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past, but that doesn't mean he should pay for it for the rest of his life. My chef was a pirate, but now he's a culinary master. People change." Suyin calmly spoke back

Lin points a finger accusingly at Suyin "You haven't." Lin angrily walks away after she aggressively throws the chair aside.

"Mother!"

"Lin!"

Lin ignored the calls and exits the hall, firing her cable to slam the door behind her
Tanei frowned and turned to Suyin "I'm so sorry Su. I'll go talk to her."

Tanei was about to catch up and follow her mother but Suyin held her arm "It's alright dear, give her some space." 

note: so I did a lot of changes in this chapter. If ur wonderin who tf Ayumi is lmao she's another oc that I decided to add. Ayumi is Azula's daughter, yes azula redemption exists in this household and if u figured out from the hint she is Lin's gf ;> (or wife, we never know ) she will soon have her appearance so stay tuned !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 186 23
๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‘๐€๐ˆ๐ __________________ ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...
930 42 6
The Hundred Year War is over. Peace rules the world in an unprecedented way. The world is starting to heal from the mistakes of the past. It's been...
208K 6.1K 63
๐š†๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ด๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐š‘ ๐™ต๐š’๐š›๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š’๐š› ๐—” ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ, ๐—ฎ ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜, ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๏ฟฝ...
516 18 3
Korra, Asami and Jinora mess with a time spirit and go on an adventure