The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

By Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... More

β™«~Author's Notes~β™«
β™«~Notes 01~β™«
β™«~Notes 02~β™«
β™«~Notes 03~β™«
β™«~Notes 04~β™«
β™«~Notes 05~β™«
β™«~Notes 06~β™«
β™«~Notes 07~β™«
β™«~Notes 08~β™«
β™«~Notes 09~β™«
β™«~Notes 10~β™«
β™«~Notes 11~β™«
β™«~Notes 12~β™«
β™«~Notes 13~β™«
β™«~Notes 14~β™«
β™«~Notes 15~β™«
β™«~Notes 17~β™«
β™«~Notes 18~β™«
β™«~Notes 19~β™«
β™«~Notes 20~β™«
β™«~Notes 21~β™«
β™«~Notes 22~β™«
β™«~Notes 23~β™«
β™«~Notes 24~β™«
β™«~Notes 25~β™«
β™«~Notes 26~β™«
β™«~Notes 27~β™«
β™«~Notes 28~β™«
β™«~Notes 29~β™«
β™«~Notes 30~β™«
β™«~Notes 31~β™«
β™«~Notes 32~β™«
β™«~Notes 33~β™«
β™«~Notes 34~β™«
β™«~Notes 35~β™«
β™«~Notes 36~β™«
β™«~Notes 37~β™«
β™«~Notes 38~β™«
β™«~Notes 39~β™«
β™«~Notes 40~β™«
β™«~Notes 41~β™«
β™«~Notes 42~β™«
β™«~Notes 43~β™«
β™«~Notes 44~β™«
β™«~Notes 45~β™«
β™«~Notes 46~β™«
β™«~Notes 47~β™«
β™«~Notes 48~β™«
β™«~Notes 49~β™«
β™«~Notes 50~β™«
β™«~Omake~β™«
β™«~Notes 51~β™«
β™«~Notes 52~β™«
β™«~Notes 53~β™«
β™«~Notes 54~β™«
β™«~Notes 55~β™«
β™«~Notes 56~β™«
β™«~Notes 57~β™«
β™«~Notes 58~β™«
β™«~Notes 59~β™«
β™«~Notes 60~β™«
β™«~Notes 61~β™«
β™«~Notes 62~β™«
β™«~Notes 63~β™«
β™«~Notes 64~β™«
β™«~Notes 65~β™«
β™«~Notes 66~β™«
β™«~Notes 67~β™«
β™«~Notes 68~β™«
β™«~Notes 69~β™«
β™«~Notes 70~β™«
β™«~Notes 71~β™«
β™«~Notes 72~β™«
β™«~Notes 73~β™«
β™«~Notes 74~β™«
β™«~Notes 75~β™«
β™«~Notes 76~β™«
β™«~Notes 77~β™«
β™«~Notes 78~β™«
β™«~Notes 79~β™«
β™«~Notes 80~β™«
β™«~Notes 81~β™«
β™«~Notes 82~β™«
β™«~Notes 83~β™«
β™«~Notes 84~β™«
β™«~Notes 85~β™«
β™«~Notes 86~β™«
β™«~Notes 87~β™«
β™«~Notes 88~β™«
β™«~Notes 89~β™«
β™«~Notes 90~β™«
β™«~Notes 91~β™«
β™«~Notes 92~β™«
β™«~Notes 93~β™«
β™«~Notes 94~β™«
β™«~Notes 95~β™«
β™«~Notes 96~β™«
β™«~Notes 97~β™«
β™«~Notes 98~β™«
β™«~Notes 99~β™«
β™«~Notes 100~β™«
β™«~Notes 101~β™«
β™«~Notes 102~β™«
β™«~Notes 103~β™«
β™«~Notes 104~β™«
β™«~Notes 105~β™«
β™«~Notes 106~β™«
β™«~Notes 107~β™«
β™«~Notes 108~β™«
β™«~Notes 109~β™«
β™«~Notes 110~β™«
β™«~Notes 111~β™«
β™«~Notes 112~β™«
β™«~Notes 113~β™«
β™«~Notes 114~β™«
β™«~Notes 115~β™«
β™«~Notes 116~β™«
β™«~Notes 117~β™«
β™«~Notes 118~β™«
β™«~Notes 119~β™«
β™«~Notes 120~β™«
β™«~Notes 121~β™«
β™«~Notes 122~β™«
β™«~Notes 123~β™«
β™«~Notes 124~β™«
β™«~Notes 125~β™«
β™«~Notes 126~β™«
β™«~Notes 127~β™«
β™«~Notes 128~β™«
β™«~Notes 129~β™«
β™«~Notes 130~β™«
β™«~Notes 131~β™«
β™«~Notes 132~β™«
β™«~Notes 133~β™«
β™«~Notes 134~β™«
β™«~Notes 135~β™«
β™«~Notes 136~β™«
β™«~Notes 137~β™«
β™«~Notes 138~β™«
β™«~Notes 139~β™«
β™«~Notes 140~β™«
β™«~Notes 141~β™«
β™«~Notes 142~β™«
β™«~Notes 143~β™«
β™«~Notes 144~β™«
β™«~Notes 145~β™«
β™«~Notes 146~β™«
β™«~Notes 147~β™«
β™«~Notes 148~β™«
β™«~Notes 149~β™«
β™«~Notes 150~β™«
β™«~Notes 151~β™«
β™«~AfterNote~β™«
β™«~Thank You~β™«

β™«~Notes 16~β™«

100 17 71
By Witto150

Aiyoku arrived at home, watching the enormous building from outside. It sparkled with luxurious decorations and screamed, "Only for VIPs!". He sighed. Freya's apartment lacked everything from new plaster, decent furniture to modern card-locks.

Not to mention a camera at the entrance to discourage most of the robbers and security staff during the night. He squeezed his stomach as it wriggled uncomfortably.

'How long is has she been living in such a small flat? Can I even call it a flat? It's more like one room.' He shook his head as he glimpsed the space behind the door.

He stepped forward, flashing his card ID to enter. The receptionist greeted him with a smile that he returned. 'Is she smiling for real, or is it just part of her job?'

Freya's smile seemed more from the heart, as if it had nothing to hide. 'No.' He pushed the button to call an elevator. 'It's hiding a lot of tears.'

With a ring, the door slid open, and he pressed his floor number without looking. 'I really hope Ueno-san won't overreact like today.' His shoulders slumped down. 'Why do girls go so crazy over me?'

The smudged reflection on the elevator's walls couldn't hide his gorgeous features, but to him, he looked like a broken painting.

With another quiet ding, the elevator stopped, and he walked into the dimly lit corridor. Automatic lights illuminated his path without blinding him.

He gulped. It was almost eleven o'clock, so he sneaked around his oldest brother's room. 'Safe—'

His lucky thought got interrupted by a voice. "Where have you been?"

Aiyoku straightened as an icy shiver bounced across his back. He turned to see his older brother, Rigaku, standing in the hall. He had never shown any strong emotions, and even now his face lacked any of them.

In times like this, Aiyoku wished he could read his brother's mood. He fixed his posture, brushing non-existing dirt from his jacket before speaking, "Just taking a stroll."

"In the past days, you've been returning late or not at all, and you even skipped school."

"I'm not a kid!" Aiyoku barked. "And no worries. I won't ditch school. My results won't make you embarrassed!"

For a moment, it seemed a confusion reflected in Rigaku's face. Aiyoku bit his lip, aware he lashed out at his older sibling. "Good night." With this, he turned around, entering his flat. Before Aiyoku closed the door, he said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I had a long day. Too much has happened."

Rigaku remained in the hall for a few moments before he also returned to his apartment. Inside, he looked at his bed, but despite the need to slumber, he sat behind his table.

He had finished all the school work, homework, and council stuff an hour ago. However, he didn't go to sleep, waiting for his younger triplet. His brother's unanswered messages and late returns bugged him.

Aiyoku was old enough to make his own decisions, and it wasn't like Rigaku was his father or nanny to watch his every step. Yet he couldn't stop speculating about it.

'Where was Ai?' He crossed his arms, thinking. 'He isn't taking strolls for sure.' In his mind, he saw all the girls trying to seduce him. They clung to him like bees to a melting candy, sapping him. However, only one name gained his attention. 'Could he be dating Aoi Ueno-san?'

His nose wrinkled with disgust. 'What a disturbing person. I better look into this. If she thinks she can take Ai, she should get ready for this brother taking action.'

His eyes trailed the solid white wall, finding no crack or a speck. It was perfect, like his brain, or so he thought.

'Freya-san had thrown that pear at me.' He crossed his limbs, leaning back on his office chair. 'Tadashi, that pear is nowhere to be found.' Frowning, he pictured the time they got it.

'Father had said the holder shall choose who obtains it. Until that happens, the pear shall stay with the person we picked. He mentioned nothing about it disappearing. Is it now with Freya-san? Are there special conditions on how to pass it?'

Leaning forward, he rested his chin on his intertwined fingers. 'Is it possible Father didn't tell us the whole truth? If so, what and why is he hiding it? Could it possibly...?'

He shook his head. 'Perhaps I shouldn't overthink it. Let's concentrate on the matter at hand. I can ask Father later, once this is behind us.'

He slightly lifted his body, but his eyes had fallen on the first drawer of his table. As if an invisible pulse entered his brain, he stopped, sitting back. Opening it, he took out the old notebook.

A paper clip on the cover held a small Polaroid photograph inside. Three boys sat there. A rare photograph from their childhood when the Golden Pear didn't exist.

His eyes slid down to Kagetsu, squatting in the middle, giving his brothers finger horns. Even then, Aiyoku had long hair. Rigaku traced the big smile on his siblings had before he frowned at his younger self.

Half-lidded eyes and no expression guided him through to this day. Calculating everything like a computer became nothing but a daily routine.

"Hold control of your emotions. Only then you can judge the situation with a logical mind," his father often repeated to him. It had become his mantra.

Regardless, Rigaku rebelled against this teaching in his silent way. This notebook had been undeniable proof of it, and his biggest secret. He flipped through the pages one by one, reading his neat handwriting.

Even after years, he could read his old texts. A perk of being punctual. He pushed back a yawn as he closed the jotter.

'Should I finish this?' He clenched his fist over it. 'Or...' He didn't complete his thought, as a loud knock landed on his entrance door.

"Ri, you ready?"

A wave of panic flooded him, and an uncontrollable shiver took over his body for a few moments. He had seconds to get ready for school. He stayed up the whole night without realizing it!

He pushed everything into his bag, switched off the table light, and dashed to the door, stopping at the last second. First, he calmed his breathing and then opened it.

"Ohayo gozaimasu and sumimasen for my tardiness," he greeted his siblings.

"Good morning, and what the heck? We just knocked first this time. No big deal," Kagetsu commented with a shrug.

"Yeah, no need to beat yourself over it."

Rigaku only nodded, losing confidence in his voice. Outside of the building, they got into a limousine that took them to school every day. In order not to fall asleep, he picked his report regarding suggestions for the garden.

They were holding a competition for the best hedge, gazebo, and flower beds decorations. The winner would get recognition in the entire city and an article in local newspapers and on the internet. It was a big chance to make a name for themselves, and so many applications and ideas poured into the School Chairman mailbox.

And, as expected, the members tasked him with choosing the top ten candidates for Summer Fest, when the winner would be announced.

'Slacking as usual!'

He bit his cheek from inside as they stopped in front of the school. He put about fifty papers back, and he hadn't seen even ten percent of it. All of them looked the same in his eyes.

Outside of the school, rows of girls waited for them, cheering on them as if they returned from the first journey to the moon. Rigaku's brain throbbed, and he marched ahead of his siblings.

The younger brothers exchanged confused looks before the girls took Aiyoku away. As the halls filled, the brothers found their way into their classroom. Mathematics awaited them, and Kagetsu hung his head low.

"Man, why do math and science have to be so freaking confusing," he muttered as he landed on his chair. He sent a glance at Rigaku's way, noticing visible irritation. The youngest brother fixed his posture and buttoned his shirt. 'I wonder what's with him this morning?'

The last one to arrive was Aiyoku, waving goodbye to the girls outside. With a small sigh, he sat down, also observing his older triplet wasn't himself.

Freya was among the last students to enter the room. Her emerald eyes fell on the blond brother, and she sent him a slight smile, which he returned.

Kagetsu, despite being a mountain of muscles, caught this gesture, his eyes snapping back and forth between them. 'Did they... become closer?'

With the school bell, he had to push away all thoughts if he wanted to remember at least a third of their teacher's lesson. Rigaku was the sole reason he wasn't falling behind too much. All the private lessons after school and during weekends helped him survive.

Even now, when Rigaku stood in front of the whiteboard, talking about equations and formulas, he grasped more than he could from reading textbooks. As he watched his brother, Rigaku swayed back and forth as if he was about to fall.

Ohayo gozaimasu – Good morning

Sumimasen – I'm sorry

Tadashi – However/But

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 2K 59
(A Reverse Harem) Due to her above-average height, Shiina Kisaragi lives as the constant object of ridicule by her high school peers. Not a day goes...
597K 31.9K 115
Ever heard of the woman who suddenly appeared in a world filled with beastmen? You know, the place of walking hunky men showing off their bodies, ear...
6.7K 175 57
A collection of my Spy School oneshots from AO3, featuring Alexander blowing up his kitchen, Erica going to kindergarten, and more.
177K 8.2K 38
Are you unpopular? Boyfriend-less? Boys For Hire is the service for you! Whether it's to be seen with a bunch of boys, or to have a pretend-boyfriend...