The Only String Attached

By delicate_pearl

Life always gives a second chance for true lovers. Here Bela also got a second chance to express her love for... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
BONUS CHAPTER
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
IMPORTANT
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
INTERVIEW
38
39
40
41
42
AWARDS
New Story
BACK AGAIN

14

11.1K 641 136
By delicate_pearl

MAHIR

I reached my office and was told that my dad, Bela's dad, and Yuvi were waiting for me.

I entered my cabin and saw all three of them.

"Hey how are you all"?I greeted.

"How have you been so early Mr. Lazy"? I smacked Yuvi's head.

"Dad see", Yuvi whined like a child.

"Mahir", my dad was warning me.

"OK sorry. What's the matter you people wanted to talk"? I asked.

"How is Bela's condition now"? Bela's dad asked.

"She is fine dad, she is just lost in Mahira and she is happy", I replied.

"Did you ask her about what we said Mahir bhai"? Yuvi asked.

"I tried many times but it got fired back", I said.

"Dad you said you want to talk about Bela"? I asked.

"Yes child, it's time to tell you", he said.

My heartbeats were getting fast. Last time he told about her panic attacks. I can't hear anything of that sort about her again.

I don't want to loose her.

"Do you want to know the actual reason why Bela left"? he asked.

"That is the only thing I wanted to know since two years", I replied.

"She was in love with you Mahir!Deeply and madly. You took her as a best friend but you were more than a best friend for her", he said.

Yes. I realized that.

"She was head over heels in love with you", Yuvi said.

"Yuvi, let uncle complete first", my dad told Yuvi.

"Just like Bela, no one knew about you and Bani. You both were like completely different and no one expected you both had feelings for each other", he said.

But every one got to know right? I announced officially in front of everyone.

"Bela thought you too loved her just like she does, but she was not aware of you and Bani. Bani used to share everything with her but she never mentioned about you and her being together", he said.

I can't take it. No. I don't want to go back to that memory lane now.
Because I knew I will feel guilty for all my life.

"Dad please stop. You dint tell me when I asked, but why are you telling me now"?I asked.

"Because you deserve to know child! You and Bela deserve a second chance", he said.

"You were her best friend Mahir! You told that you share everything with her, but you dint tell her about you being in love with her own sister", my dad said.

"We don't have a right to question you that why have you hid it from us, but at least Bela deserves to know it", Bela's dad said.

"She thought to propose you on your graduation day, but everything turned upside down that day", he said looking outside the window.

"She was prepared to tell you about her feelings but you were a step ahead that day. You told your feelings about Bani in front of everyone and. Bela was broken from that day", he said.

She was going to tell me on my graduation day? The day when I proposed Bani.

"She left from there after you proposed Bani bhabi, but her condition was miserable that day", Yuvi said wiping his tears.

"What happened to her that day"? I asked.

"Sorry, I dint tell to anyone about that day's incident", Yuvi said.

"Just spill it out Yuvi",my dad said.

"She was roaming around the streets on that heavy rainy day and...and she..", he was stammering.

"Please tell me Yuvi. What happened to her"? I asked tears welling up in my eyes.

"She was about to get raped not once but twice that day, by gods grace we reached her before anything could happen to her", he said.

My pupils dilated on hearing this. It send me shivers all over my body.

What?

Rape?

She was about to get raped that day? I called her and texted her a number of times that day but there was no answer.

I banged my hand on my desk getting angry on my self. Hot tears were flowing from my eyes.

"Mahir control yourself beta", my dad said.

"What the fuck were you all doing when she was wandering on the streets on that heavy rainy day"? I asked holding Yuvi's collar.

"Can I know where were you Mahir'? Bela's dad asked.

Now I felt like I was slapped.

"I...I and Bani were together that day", I said with shame.

We both were having our time and Bela was in danger that day.
I shouldn't have just leave her with a call or a text. I should have searched for her.

Instead I pushed her away.

"From that day she lost her sanity and she was broken beyond repair when she got to know about your marriage",Bela's dad said.

"You know what Mahir? She had a dream to get admission in London university and by gods grace she got one. But for you she thought to let it go. She wanted to stay with you, she never wanted to leave you", he said.

I never wanted her to leave.

"But after knowing about you and Bani, she decided to leave forever", he said.

"She knew that if Bani would know about her love, she will not even think a second in sacrificing her love for Bela. She dint want to become a problem between you both, so she left", he said.

My eyes were flowing continuously after listening to him.

"You both were busy with your wedding preparations and forgot that she ever existed in your life Mahir bhai",Yuvi said with anger.

"No I dint",I said.

"Yes you did. We all are witness for those days. She used to put a plastic smile and walk around all those days",Yuvi said.

"Mahir this is just a small part of her story. There is more you need to know and she has to tell you that",Bela's dad said.

"And what is that about"? I asked.

"Her life in London", he said.

"No one knows about it except me and her,but gain your trust from her to know it", he said.

"She always trusts him uncle",Yuvi said.

I sat down on my chair and gulped down the glass of water.

How much did she suffer?

I never knew how a heart break feels until Bani left me.

Now I'm in Bela's shoes. But I have no right to compare it with her loss.

I was a jerk. I was close to her because like her as a friend. But I was more for her. How come I dint notice her love for me in her eyes those days?

"Dad I want to go home, can you please take care of the work today"?I asked.

"Sure son. Take some rest and think about it", he said.

"Think about what"?I asked.

"Mahir, god has given her second chance to show her love to you. But she was never selfish. She got married to you for Mahira, not to make you fall in love with her", Bela's dad said.

"You too lost your love beta, you got married for your child but the person you got married to loves you like her whole world depends on you. Give this marriage a chance Mahir", my dad said.

"OK dad. I..I will leave now",I said.

I need to see her now. I want her.

BELA

It was half past eleven in the morning. Mahir left early today,Mahira was sitting on my lap and was learning rhymes.

"Mahira say one, two three",I said.

"One, two,thee,pour, pi...", she learned till ten.

"Very good baby",I said kissing her.

"Mumma Miiaai sleepy", she said rubbing her eyes.

"OK come baby, sleep for some time",I said rocking her to sleep. She was fast asleep and I laid her on the bed.

I was working on my system and Mallika didi was preparing lunch.

"Yaa please mail me those building layouts",I told my secratery and ended the call.

The door bell rang, I opened and saw Mahir standing.

"Mahir? You at this time"?I asked.

His eyes were red as if he cried. He was not talking anything but was staring at me.

"Mahir are you alright"?I asked.

"I'm.. I'm not well", he said and his eyes started flowing.

"Mahir what happened? First come inside",I said taking hold on his arm.

"Come Mahir",I made him sit on the couch and removed his blazer and tux.

"Bela I completed cooking, can I leave"? Mallika didi asked.

"Ya thank you didi, you can leave now",I said and she left.

Mahir was still looking at me without blinking his eyes and tears were unstoppable.

I wiped his tears and asked "What happened Mahir? You are scaring me",I said choking.

He pulled me to him and hugged me tightly. I was shocked was an understatement.He hugged me so tight that my body is pressed to him and my face was resting on his shoulder.

"Mah...Mahir.. what happened"?I asked.

"Please just stay like this. Don't talk anything", he said still sniffing.

I hesitantly wrapped my hands around him and my eyes too started to water.

He pressed himself more on to  me and was trying to hug me more tightly.
We both were sitting opposite to each other. His hug was bone crushing.

Suddenly he pulled me into his lap. I removed my hands around him and looked at him. His eyes were still pouring.

"Mah..Mahir what... what is this"?I asked looking at his exposed chest. His top two buttons were unbuttoned giving me the view of his muscular chest.

"This position is more comfortable, please don't talk anything. Just hold me", he said looking at me with his red puffy eyes.

I wrapped my hands around him again and rested my head on his chest. His chin was resting on my head and he was caressing my back

My eyes too started flowing again. I don't know what is going on his mind,but I was feeling like home.

I'm sure, he is able to hear my heartbeats just as I'm hearing his. His heart was beating rapidly.

This touch of his is foreign to my body.

I lifted my face and looked at him, now he was staring into my soul.

"What happened Mahir"? I asked now getting scared looking at his condition.

"Bela, you were in danger that day. How can you be so careless"? he asked putting one of my baby hairs behind my ear.

"Wha..what are you talking about Mahir"? I asked.

"On my graduation day, what if something happens to you"?he asked.

"Noth..nothing happened na Mahir, I'm...I'm fine now",I said.

"Never be so careless Bela, I..I can't take it if something happens to you", he said kissing my temple.

I closed my eyes feeling relaxed under his touch.

"You shouldn't leave like that Bela",he said.

"God removes people from your life because he heard conversations that no one knows except you",I said sniffing in his arms.

He held me more tightly and pulled me so close.

I just forgot the world around me when I'm in his arms.

I couldn't sense anything except his warm embrace.

He kept his hand under my chin and made me look at him.

"I don't want you in my life, I need you in my life",he said.

We were looking into each others eyes without blinking,tears still flowing from our eyes.

"Don't cry Mahir",I said wiping his tears.

"You cried a lot for me Bela, this is nothing in front of your love, pain and sacrifice",he said kissing my fingers.

I was shivering under his touch. His kisses are sending ticklish sensations.

"Some times I wish I could go back in life, not to change anything,but to feel few things twice",I said.

"I wish even I could",he replied.

"You know Bela some one told me that 'don't push away the people who truly cares about you,because one day you will push them away and they won't come back", he said.

"And I realize those words now",he said still sniffing on my head.

"You or Bani di, no one was wrong Mahir, only the situation was wrong", I said holding his collar.

"I would never hurt you intentionally Bela", he said.

"I know Mahir, but the situation made you hurt me. Not you or di",I said.

"We were never happy after letting you go from our life's Bela,we should have stopped you. But instead, we pushed you",he said.

"It's OK Mahir, it's in the past. We have to move on",I said sobbing.

"Did you move on"? he asked.

"Sure I deleted your photo, your text, your number, but I couldn't delete your face,your voice,your memories. I couldn't delete you from myself",I said.

I was really pouring my heart out and talking to him today.

"You don't have to delete me Bela, you cannot also. How did you love me this much"? he asked.

"I..I don't know",I said stammering.

"It only takes a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. I..I couldn't forget you Mahir", I said crying in his arms.

"Shh.. don't cry Bela", he said hugging me.

I looked at him to tell those three words. But my sisters face flashed in front of me.

I lost my courage again.

"Bela I really don't know what I feel for you, but I cannot stay without you. I had Bani, but still I was feeling empty",he said.

"You are really lucky to have her Mahir",I said facing other side.

"I'm lucky to have you both", he said.

I was looking at him, don't know what to say. He was caressing my cheeks with his thumb and was drawing patterns on my hands.

He held me tighter and cupped my face in his palms.

I felt like my heart will pound out of my chest.

He slowly held my face and pulled me towards his face. I was looking at him feeling shy and nervous.

He was looking at my lips and then into my eyes.

My body betrayed me and I closed my eyes unknowingly.

I fisted his shirt tightly with my hands when I felt his lips at the corner of my lips.

I shivered and clutched him more tightly. I felt his soft lips lightly brushing my lips.

Now Bela is in wonderland just as Alice in wonderland.

He angled my face properly and brushed his lips against mine slowly. I was about to loose my control and we pulled back suddenly hearing a thud sound.

We heard Mahira crying. I got out of his lap and we both ran into my room.

Mahira was crying sleeping on the floor. She fell from the bed.

"Baby, it's OK. Dadda is here", telling that Mahir was rubbing her head.

She looked at Mahir and started crying more loudly.

"Mahira see mumma and dadda are here na, nothing will happen",I said choking.

Even Mahir was having tears in his eyes looking at her.

I kept many pillows around her but still, she tripped.

"Come baby, let's go out",telling that we went to our balcony and sat on the swing.

"Mahira see the kids are playing over there, we will also go and play with them at evening", Mahir said cooing her.

"Dadda it's paining",she said rubbing her head and crying.

My heart ached looking at her.

"It's OK baby, the pain will go. See dadda will kiss you and the pain will go", he said rubbing and kissing her head.

"Mumma paining", she said looking at me.

I took her in my arms and kissed her rubbing her head.

"Sorry baby. It's mumma's fault",I said kissing her.

Now she became calm. Me and Mahir checked her head. Thank God there was no swelling.

"I'm.. I'm sorry Mahir",I said not meeting his eyes.

"It's OK Bela. She is a kid, it happens", he said kissing Mahira.

"Mumma food", Mahira asked.

I saw the time and it was one at afternoon. I forgot the whole world in his arms.

"Yes baby, come let's eat",I said and we went to eat.

We fed Mahira and had our lunch.

I dint meet his gaze, nor he looked at me.

He just kissed me. OK it was not a kiss exactly but still,he kissed me.

I had my first kiss with the person I love. He just stole my first kiss.

I was feeling shy to look at him. Even he was not looking at me.

Maybe he is regretting. It just happened in the heat of the moment.

I was about to go to my room but he stopped me by catching my hand.

I still did not look at him.

"Do you regret it Bela"? he asked.

"No..yes..no..I mean no. I'm not", I said.

"Do you regret it"?I asked.

_________________
Hey Guys! How Are you all? I will not talk anything about this chapter but you all should tell me.

How Is it🙈🙈?

Vote, comment and share.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 28.3K 72
He doesn't like her, but always had a soft corner for her.. She hate him, but always stays by his side.. He don't like her presence, but misses her...
23.3K 2.4K 26
It's the story of Bela who is a modern free willed girl stuck in an arrange marriage proposal from a rural landlord royal family. The supposed groom...
58.4K 6.2K 31
Yuvi and Juhi are all set to get married after being in a relationship for one year. The Sehgal's and the Sharma's are very much excited for the Wed...
205K 14.5K 43
How love will happen between bela and mahir after marriage. Mahir loves someone else and he want to be with her in any circumstances. Bela is an ambi...