Psycho Killer (Editing)

By OrphanBlood

For a current project Kate's working on, she travels to Shady Homes Asylum. Upon arrival to this institution... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six {Glimpse}
Chapter Six
*UPDATE*
Chapter Seven {Glimpse}
Chapter Seven

Chapter Five

243 13 6
By OrphanBlood

Valerie and Carmen's POV

The atmosphere in the room is quiet between Valerie and Carmen.

Valerie speaks up again to her patient "Carmen, I will be your nurse for the day, you can call me Valerie". Raising her head to see the face behind the woman speaking to her in a pleasant tone. "What's dead or alive?"

"Excuse me?", says Valerie which throws her off balance.

"How can someone distinguish themselves apart. Oh gosh, these such words are what brings the brain to function properly. Needless to say we all fall in one of the two categories. If you're alive, then you soon will be dead. That is what I've once said. It came to me like a dream, to me it meant excitement. Often fantasizing about the dead. Especially for the ones that died and where their soul will take them next. Another dimension perhaps. Wherever it maybe, they remained dead to the world."

She observes her surroundings, in this closed in space. There's no ruler to give a direct measurement but why is that? The mind can draw a blank at how things look in a certain light fixture. Carmen remains in a motionless state of mind, her personality drew quite many emo characteristics. Her hair is black, her nails looked gnawed up to the flesh of her pale white skin. There's still some black color on her nails, the rest was chipped off like paint peeling off a wall. No piercings which is a complete surprise. Given Valerie's taste and her demonic ways, she chimes in.

"Is there a mention of her possession? She might be obsessed with the many deaths that constantly continue to come. Her state of mind probably loses focus and she is mentally unstable."

Side note: Valerie is referring to Carmen as though she might been possessed since she speaks so vividly about what's dead or alive.

Answering the question, maybe is all what Valerie needs.

Flashback occurring on Valerie's behalf.

Kate is dreaded with fear in her heart. Valerie sat in that room while Kate asked her those bloody questions. She didn't realize what made her tick and what made her blow up like a landmine. Oh no they all had her fooled, when she bit down on her tongue with strong force and the blood continued to run.

Flashback has ended.

"All the cowards around me scattered and why you may ask!? Because I'm the..." she returns back to normal. The visual and spoken interpretation of Carmen was wrong and misread. She didn't possess any of the characteristics in which Valerie have hoped. Instead the opposite, Carmen was once loved by her mother Scarlett. That's exactly what she thought was true. Her mind played cruel tricks on her brain. The false imagery of her past started on February 22, 2010. Drew wanted to go all the way with her so he broke it off with her. The feelings deep down inside her body drew herself to Scarlett, the mother.

Fast forwarding...

A horrible incident occurred with Drew's ghostly body appearing up to her house. What can someone say? From that moment on, things have changed dramatically for Carmen. Since the previous statements were false and invalid because Valerie saw her as an accomplice to a crew more like someone to recruit. The girl is normal but the emo characteristics are still present. There are also some issues with Carmen that remains unaware to Valerie.

Kate and Officer James's POV

Kate returns her head from the side of the bed, where she currently have since she knew the officer wouldn't budge with answering the question. All she wants is to be free. The yellow decaying teeth behind Zane is punishment enough not to mention being locked away like an unfed animal.

Hope is on the way, especially from officer James. The pain behind that switch blade knife still remained but since time has passed, its now just numb with a throbbing pulse like a heartbeat that constantly beats to a pattern. Surprisingly to say, the blood has trickled down his shoulder, which made a small puddle onto the floor. It made him decide on a rough decision with thoughts in his mind that he could die in the top bunk bed.

Officer James mind kept going back and forth before deciding on an answer from Kate. " He will kill you if it gets to that point. You were staring at death right in front of your face. Will you now take me up on that offer and help me get out of this hell hole to save our lives? " Those are Kate's words to the officer. He knows it will make or break him if he doesn't make the right choice.

The pain within his arm makes him grit his teeth but that is all he can do. Screams start to seep out through his mouth once more. While Kate on the other hand, hears the racket but she treats it as a passing wave which continues to pass by. Zane isn't there to inflict more harm to either one of them. So plans can start to be put into motion.

The officer tries to peek his head off the side of the bed to communicate with Kate but both handcuffs prevent him from doing so. It is too tight along the wrist, making it so accessible for blood to start gushing on this area. He wasn't going to take that chance but instead he did do this.

A quick shot of pain almost immediately took effect and he quickly released these words, "damn it I want out of here! Let's do it Kate, this has to cease from happening to us any longer. "

In return, Kate smirks as the officer spits out his words of terror. Knowing all alone it would come to either death or cooperation to the idea of escaping beyond the clutches of Zane and the unmarked building.

Side note: The unmarked building is referring to a hidden location around Shady Homes Asylum.

Kate leans her head off the side of the bed again to communicate with officer James. Before coming up with any words to respond back with, she slowly began to think momentarily in order to devise a plan of an escape. All at once, before words are spoken out of Kate's mouth, footsteps can be heard outside of the metal impenetrable door.

Officer James body has started to draw up like a snail when salt is poured on it during the winter months. He speaks out from words of fear and frustration saying, "w-will talk about this later. I-I believe Zane has returned."

So she reverts back to her normal position on the bottom bunk to prevent him from noticing any movements she made. The feet behind this person has come to a stopping point. Then there's the sound of something rambling, perhaps in a pants pocket or some sort. This noise draws no attention to Kate but it does affect the officer. The sound comes to an end for a few seconds and then the knob on the door begins to shake nervously as it turns. The door opens up with Zane appearing from behind the door.

He returns back with a strong scent of Scotch surrounding around his breath and the taste is still fresh on his tongue. The repetitive sound of jibber jab escapes from his mouth when he repeats the words "they have to go, they have to go now!"

Kate turns her head back around to see what Zane is rambling on about, which comes out to be a whole bunch of nothing. At least for now to her knowledge that is how it begins.

His face is pitch black with a hard casing of dirt which is smothered on the top portion of his skin. Even his forearms and hands, mirrors the same visuals to that of his face. Zane couldn't hardly stand on his own without leaning against something to gain stability with the ground. The bloody red color presents itself within his eyes while they gaze at Kate. The ability to reach her is very problematic as the eyes misrepresented itself when it begins to show two images of one single object.

The bottom bunk becomes the main focus of Zane's destination as he attempts to reach Kate. She finally comes to the terms that his demeanor is different from anyone of his other interactions. He is stepping closer and closer. As Kate begins squirming like a worm to try and force the other handcuff off her wrist. The attempt only flares the lining around the area as it turns a reddish pink color before the skin started to break.

With only a couple steps short, the next step is taken which makes him fall straight to the cold solid floor. It wasn't a hard thump as one might expect, instead it allowed him to see eye and eye on what he really want. In a short instance, he rose up to seek access to the bunk where he rested his body for comfort.

Kate starts to figure out what Zane is planning to do, so she says "before you make any rash decisions, you're drunk Z-Zane and you're presenting irrational behavior. P-please leave me be, I'll do whatever it takes!" But her yammering on, only goes in one ear and out the other. His lack of focus doesn't comprehend on what Kate is saying to him, its only on the objective.

He looks at her stationary body from up and down as he ran his fingers from her lower stomach up to her lips. The cold touch of Zane's fingers make Kate's body quiver. She cringes up in disgust as the black smushy dirt leaves a trail. Her head turns to the side as she regurgitates the swallowed dirt back up that has managed to seek past her throat. Officer James couldn't become apparent to what is happening down below him.

He tries to look down at what they are doing but James isn't at the right vantage point, the handcuffs still restricts him. In Zane's mind, he thinks of a deranged notion to rape Kate. This thought is set into stone for him as his eyes widen, she will have a rude awakening of what is about to come. As he anxiously reaches his right hand into his pocket to reveal the key and swiftly releasing the duct tape to follow suit.

He moves from his previous position to sit loosely on Kate's upper abdomen before proceeding any further. The key he had concealed in his pocket is brought to the other handcuff. His persistent right hand forcefully undid the handcuff, this made Kate very fussy like a child who didn't get their toy in a kids store. She kept on squirming around in the bed, her lips wants to yell out for help but it would yet again be useless and a waste of time.

Flashback occurring on Kate's behalf.

In her former drug-ridden state, she remembers what her mother told her in a dream. Katherine, she says " do whatever it takes to break free and when the time comes, you will know what to do." Afterwards all she does is give her a kind smile and a pat on the cheek before fading completely away.

Flashback has ended.

Without stalling any further, Zane hurriedly took the tape to roll off a piece to wrap around both of her wrists and a piece for her mouth. Before doing so, his eagerness to achieve what he finally wants is here as he rips off the two pieces with his yellow mossy teeth which shows a resemblance to tree moss on bark.

He carefully and securely puts her two wrists together to tape them including the part to go on her mouth.Despite she constantly trying to fight him from doing so. Her facial expression grew paler than usual when it comes to the terms of fear and what the captor's end game is going to be. At this point, Zane promises to remove the duct tape from her mouth if she wouldn't scream but these false accusations are futile to her.

Regardless, Kate nodded as a way to show him she understands. He takes the tape off without any further remarks as it rips off in a forceful way. It is obvious that she remains mute. Zane begins to touchdown to kiss upon her lips. His lips could be described as dry and lifeless with an appearance of old age as it settles in. She plays along with his little trickery for now until she saw an out.

He made his way down to her neck and there's when the opportunity presented itself. She opens her mouth as wide as she could and there's an opening to gain entrance just above his shoulder blade. Kate takes her teeth as they bite down on his neck as hard as she could, breaking the top surface of his flesh. The blood secretes all through her teeth as it shot out of Zane's neck. He spirals to the floor as the blood meets up with the officer's.

Zane screams out in pain and agony as he lays there in a paralysed state. Officer James yells out saying " what is going on Kate?!" He desperately wants to know what has just happened, hoping his counterpart was safe unlike what he has felt earlier about her. She didn't register the words he spoke, instead she pushes Zane's now motionless body off to the side.

She begins to sit along the side of the bed, it feels so good for her shoes to meet up with the touch of the floor. She sits there gracefully while trying to prevent any tears from seeping down her hazel blue eyes. Kate gets to an understanding of what her late mother said in that dream. Staring at the bed posts preceded by looking up at the barren windows following by glancing at the metal impenetrable door.

Knowing her time has now come, snatching up the keys to stake her claim. She stands up and looks at the officer for the first time in a long time since he was first brought here by Zane. The relevance behind the duct tape is no longer needed, as she continues to gnaw through the tape in an aggressive manner. The tape slowly but surely hits the surface of Zane's body. She steps in both puddles of blood in such a careless nature. The officer's eyes met with Kate. A smile becomes between the two, not a vocal word needed to be said.

Kate reaches one of the officer's handcuffs as she begins to unlock it.

Frank and Scarlett's POV

Frank writes down a few more notes as Scarlett speaks so fluently, before she was caught up in her emotions earlier on.

The tea has gotten chill to this point, the room's temperature maybe the main cause of that. Although while he is listening to Scarlett, it helps when she is confiding in him with all of this disclosed information.

He places the ball point pen in his right front pocket which is a grey and white plaid shirt. His tone raises a bit when he says to her "how did you know these events occurred since you were not there to see them?"

Frank clasps onto the clipboard with both of his hands, hoping his time hasn't been entirely wasted.

Scarlett fires back with a rebuttal as one would do in a debatable argument. "Her adoptees told me, they showed me photographs of how the blade marked the scars embedded along her forearm. All of these circumstances that I'm exposing to you is closely documented. Is there time for me to discuss her involvement in the cult initiation?"

The conversation grows to its closing questions and concerns when he mutters "I think that will be all I need to hear, given the condition of your daughter Carmen."

He gathers his clipboard with the "Shady Homes Asylum Request for Entry" form attached to it, along with the tea cup and his pen that is neatly placed in his front pocket.

Frank stands up with kind of a sympathetic look as he looks back at her. At least he has an idea of what's going on through her mind, never could he fathom what a mother goes through when it comes down to her love for her child. He holds on to the clipboard by tucking it under his left arm. Looking back at her again briefly and he says "ma'am take all the time you need, I bid you adieu".

He grips onto the door handle and he leaves the room with the sound of the door closing behind him. The breeze that comes from the outside of the door gradually touches the strains of her hair.

She sits there in the newly designed chair to question herself.

"Why it has to happen to her this way? and why now?"

Carmen wasn't the playful girl she remembers growing up, as she took her to school on necessary occasions. But at the age of twenty, a lot has changed in which she cannot be accounted for. It's not on Scarlett for the way Carmen turned out, its time for her to take responsibility for own actions.

Scarlett picks her head up, throws her heavy duty bag over her right shoulder when she heads for the door.

She firmly turns the door handle to leave out of the administrator's office to start her journey and new life knowing her daughter will get the appropriate help she needs. The door closes shut and off she goes.

The click clacking sound of heels can be heard as she walks down the hallway then a loud vibration starts to keep a noise.

A slow sounding ringing tone begins to develop right after the vibration, it is occurring down deep inside her bag. She pauses for a few seconds along the hallway as she scrambles to pull out the cell phone to see if it is a call or a text message.

Scarlett pulls out the phone, just as her eyes met up with a door handle. The phone loses contact with her right hand. It falls down as it hit the hard concrete floor causing the screen to crack on impact.

Before it fell to the floor it read "one missed call."

Rainwater grows and grows in her eyes as she drops down to her knees severely horrified. Screaming to the top of her lungs at what she see's. It really scares her to death as the tears didn't stop from running. By this time, Frank is long gone and out of sight.

Two workers coming up on the opposite end starts running towards her.

All they understand her say is "THERE'S BLOOD SPLATTERED ON THE DOOR HANDLE!"

Valerie's POV

Valerie is within earshot of the commotion going on outside of the door.

In a low voice, she says "shit, they discovered the blood!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 536 26
"The mind is such a funny, dark and twisted place. I don't even trust my own demons." A girl named Melanie Rose Reed was a total average normal girl...
8.6M 360K 54
THANK YOU, Wattpad, for the HQ Love Watty Award! Concept: A mysterious young woman flees from her troubled past only to discover it is impossible to...
234 2 12
It is strange. Everything feels so familiar, as if you were in a room that you thought you dreamed about. It tastes acidic, like deja vu. It churns...
173K 8.6K 54
"Ahhh!!!" The man's body falls to the floor limp and I fall to the floor out of terror, "Why are you screaming? I saved you from being raped." I loo...