Untamed

By Haddassa

What would you do if the family you were adopted by was actually a family of werewolves, creatures you had be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chaper 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 51

458 32 5
By Haddassa

Chapter 51

It was a week since my revelation in the bathroom. Even though I refused to allow myself to wallow in self-pity, I still had a constant unnatural ache in my chest. It wasn't like I gave into the pain, it just happened on it's own. I had no control over it. I didn't want to give in, because I knew I was better and stronger than this all.

Sadly, I had no control over the pain of the rejection. I realized after a while that it was just the mate pull. I was proud of myself for not allowing myself to cry over Jace. He was just another chapter in my life, which I hoped to soon forget. Just like I was in his.

My body was frailer than ever, and the nausea became stronger. It was like my body was trying to reject the entire incident. My head constantly throbbed with a dull headache in my temples. My limbs shook when I would stand, but I'd tried to ignore it. It didn't take much to exert me, and for the fatigue to kick in.

Whenever I looked into the mirror I was repulsed by what I'd see. My skin was paler than ever, and almost appeared to be transparent with snaking blue veins on display. My eyes looked bruised, and my lips thin and chapped. My skin seemed to be pulled over my bones.

Luckily it was summer vacation, so Emily and the other workers were all busy with all the other girls. They didn't seem to notice my sudden drop in health.

I finished applying the last touch of cover up, in an attempt to try to bring some life back to my face. I was going over to Cole's today, so I couldn't let on just how sick I really was. He didn't know Jace and I had separated, or that I was even doing this badly.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and quickly dressed in some jeans and a loose long sleeve shirt, to cover my pale skin. Luckily it was raining today, so my choice in clothing wasn't too strange. I pulled on my sneakers, knowing I needed all the support they could offer. Cole offered to give me a ride, but I wanted the fresh air that would come with a nice walk. I snatched a discarded umbrella that layed on top of The Mountain, and headed on my way to Cole's.

It wasn't long before I arrived at the apartment building, feeling tired and breathless. Luckily the elevator was working again, so I wouldn't have to battle the ridiculous steps.

When I reached the apartment on the top floor, I found the door to be unlocked. I walked in and was welcomed by the overwhelming sounds of artificial gun shots. I slammed the door behind me, but couldn't even hear it over the noise emanating from the flat screen. I rolled my eyes when I saw all the boys sitting on the couches playing some video game.

I pulled off my soaking sneakers, and tossed them with a loud thump at the door. I passed the boys, who didn't even glance up at me, as I went into the kitchen to find a drink for myself. I snatched a bottle of water and a pudding from the fridge, grabbed a spoon, and then headed out to join the boys on the couch.

I plopped down between Deon and Cole, and started on my pudding.

"Hey," They both muttered. The others were too distracted by the game.

Deon glance over at me for a moment, and did a double take.

"Why do you look like you a zombie?" Deon asked, eyes trained back on the screen.

"How do I look like a zombie?" I asked, spooning another bite of chocolate pudding.

Cole pause the game, which started a round of grumbles from the others.

"You just look like you died and came back to life."

I quickly got up and headed towards the bathroom in Cole's room to see what he was talking about. I heard someone, probably Cole, get up and follow me. I glance in the mirror, and saw I looked just like I did when I had left the house. My cover up was still on my face, making me look better than I did this morning. That was when I actually looked like a zombie.

"What happen to you?" Cole asked.

I shrugged and walked past him, so he wouldn't realize that I actually had makeup on to hide the worst of it. He reached out and wrapped his large hand around my bony arm, pulling me back towards him. I couldn't fight his strong grip, so I was left with hiding my face behind a curtain of hair.

"What do you want?" I asked, examining the clothes on his bedroom floor. I scrunched up my face when I saw a black lace bra buried in a pile.

"I want to know what happen to you? Why do you look like you're going to keel over any minute?" He asked, still gripping my arm.

I tried to pull out of his grip, but just hurt myself.

"Could you let go? You're hurting me."

He quickly dropped my arm, and rushed to the door before I could escape.. He slammed it shut. I glared at him, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What happened?" He asked. "Does this have to do with the mate pull?"

I nodded my head, and sat down on the bed. I crossed my legs, making myself comfortable.

"Where's Jace then?"

"We broke up," I muttered with a large lump in my throat. I didn't dare tell him why, because I knew I would burst into tears again.

Cole let out a large sigh, and sat down next to me. I rested my head against his shoulder, as he wrapped an arm around me.

"Why?"

I shook my head. He didn't try to push it. We sat there for a while, both lost in our thoughts.

"What will happen to you if you don't get back with him?" Cole asked fearfully.

I pulled away, and glance up at my brother, who I hoped would never leave me.

"I don't know. There aren't really that many legends about this."

"Have you asked John?"

"No."

"You need to. You need to find out what will happen to you."

I was afraid to call John, because I was afraid of what he would say about Jace. I was afraid he would tell me he was back with Keila.

But that was really just the pathetic excuse I gave myself. I was more afraid of the answer to my question though. What if he told me I would die? It was better not to know, then to know for a fact that my days were numbered.

I nodded my head though.

"Do I need to go hurt Jace?" Cole teased to lighten the mood, even though I could see it was a real threat in his eyes.

I couldn't help smile at my twin for trying to make the situation better.

"Not yet. I have my own business to take care of with him," I teased back, even though it made the ache in my chest strengthen.

I quickly hopped off the bed, and headed towards the door.

"I want pudding," I explained. It was better to distract myself with food than to sit here wallowing in my own misery.

I went back to the couches, where my pudding was waiting for me on the coffee table. I plopped back down. A movie was playing on the screen now. Their controlers were abandoned on the coffee table along with overflowing bags of popcorn. I plopped myself back down between Aden and Deon, crossed my legs, and snatched one of the bowls from Aden's hands.

"Hey!" He protested.

"Wu?" I asked, with my mouth full of popcorn, spitting out bits at him.

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully, muttering 'disgusting' with a slight chuckle. I swallowed the bunch in my mouth, and grinned innocently at him.

"Don't give me that look."

"What look?" I asked.

"That innocent one."

"Why?"

He snatched a handful of popcorn, and tossed a piece into his mouth before answering.

"Because you just don't do innocent," He stated as if it was obvious.

"Why doesn't anyone think I'm innocent?" I protested.

They all burst out laughing at me. Deon sputtered out some of his coke. I scowled at the flat screen, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What happened to her?" Cole asked, coming into the room. He snatched a handful of popcorn from the bowl sitting between my crossed legs, and sat down on the other couch.

"They are being mean to me," I pouted.

"Just because I said she isn't innocent," Aden explained.

I poked my tongue out at him.

"That's not being mean, that's telling the truth," Cole said, trying to hide his big fat grin.

I opened my mouth to reply, but realized I didn't have one. I returned to pouting, which started up more laughter.

Joe reached over his brother to take some popcorn, but accidentally knocked over the coke in Deon's hand. The dark liquid quickly spread over his lap, and we all bust out into a new burst of laughter. I was probably laughing the loudest, sounding like a retarded seal.

Deon stared in shock at his lap for a moment, before spilling the rest of the can onto Joe's head. Joe leaped up, and shoved his brother. Deon swung out at his head, but Jow ducked. Deon then tackled Joe around the waist, knocking him into Nate. Nate shoved the brothers off of him onto the floor, before joining the fighting heap.

I was laughing so hard cheering them on. Aden stood up, also laughing at the fighting heap. He launched himself onto the pile, shouting out 'teronimo!' in the process. He landed, making the pile beneath him groaned. He was quickly swallowed up into the mass of flying fists.

I started laughing harder when I heard one of them screech out like a little girl. Cole soon followed after Aden with a full blown grin on his face. I leaped out of the kicking legs and flying fists, standing on the couch with the popcorn in my hands. I started chucking popcorn at the pile of fighting boys, laughing my head off at them, and cheering on my brother. I knew I was too weak to join in on the fun. Throwing popcorn, and laughing so hard my stomach hurt was a pretty good replacement though.

At that moment I completely forgot about the ache in my chest, my weakening body, and the cause for all this pain. I was just enjoying my life without my mate in it.

Hope u all enjoy!!!

Let me know what u think. Please comment and vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 98.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...