Lavanya : The Chosen Queen [O...

Od KavyaAgnihotri

FEATURED ON WATTPAD HISTORICAL ROMANCE Lavanya, the daughter of Siravuri Bhargav, the General of Maheswari, w... Více

Achievements
Character Introduction
Secret Identity: Chapter 1
Her Past : Chapter 2
Impressed(1) : Chapter 3
Impressed (2): Chapter 4
The Proposal: Chapter 5
Accusation : Chapter 6
Prince solved the problem: Chapter 7
Marriage with Lavanya!?: Chapter 8
Marriage(2): Chapter 10
Dacoit Attack : Chapter 11
Fighting Against The Dacoits : Chapter 12
The First Night : Chapter 13
Virendra Regrets : Chapter 14
Surya Sneaks Into Lavanya's room : Chapter 15
Lavanya Stuns The Royals : Chapter 16
The Queen Defends Lavanya: Chapter 17
Akshara Enters The Palace In Disguise: Chapter 18
Virendra Is Impressed By Lavanya: Chapter 19
The Peculiar Case: Chapter 20
Virendra & Lavanya Team Up: Chapter 21
Virendra And Lavanya Find The Culprit: Chapter 22
Justice At Court : Chapter 23
Karthik Discovers Lavanya's Secret: Chapter 24
Will Karthik Breathe His Last? : Chapter 25
Virendra Challenges Lavanya: Chapter 26
Virendra becomes Lavanya's Guruji: Chapter 27
Virendra-Lavanya Finds Dacoits Treasure: Chapter 28
Virendra Gets Shot: Chapter 29
Sanvika Devi Takes Care of Prince Virendra : Chapter 30
Author's Note
Caring For Each Other : Chapter 31
Secret Mission : Chapter 32

Marriage(1): Chapter 9

4.3K 262 182
Od KavyaAgnihotri

*coughs*

After receiving a long lecture of 1 hr from my mother, I decided to write this chapter. She told me a lot...a loootttt of things regarding marriage and I am writing from what I remember. I am sorry if there are mistakes.

But one thing, after listening to the long lecture, I decided one thing-

I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED IN LIFE!

There are sooooooo many rituals!

Btw, my mother told me that in Andhra Pradesh, after marriage the bride will come inside the groom's house but they cannot have the first night until they go to their kuldevta (family deity) and do some rituals.

So, this chapter is marriage one, next one will be going to temple and after that, it will be the wedding night (hopefully if my mind won't think of another plot)
______________________

"Akshara, can you help me to put these necklaces around my neck?" Lavanya said, putting on the nosepin before adjusting her mang tika.

"Coming sister," Akshara shouted from her room as she was getting ready for her sister's marriage ceremony.

"It's all your fault! Who asked you to select such heavy jewelry for me!? Cannot you select something light jewelry for me!?" Lavanya rolled her eyes while wearing golden bangles as her sister arrived in her room.

"Sister, you are going to marry Prince Virendra. Don't you think you should look like a perfect match for him?" Akshara chuckled as she helped her sister to wear the necklaces. "Moreover, you look beautiful in this jewelry and orange saree."

"It's not that the spoiled prince will fall in love with me after seeing this jewelry." Lavanya huffed, putting on her golden earrings.

"Sister, your hands are still yellow." Akshara laughed while putting the armlets around her sister's upper arms.

"You put a huge amount of haldi on my hands." Lavanya glanced at her sister who was busy adjusting the waistband of her sister.

"Come on sister. Yesterday it was the haldi ceremony and the haldi which I applied arrived from the prince." Akshara looked at her sister. "It is said that the more you apply haldi of your husband, the more will the love increase between the bride and the groom."

"That's why you are still poor in archery." Lavanya let out a deep breath before wearing her heavy anklets. "You are so much into these things that you cannot concentrate on archery."

"Sister..." Akshara looked at her sister with astonishment in her eyes. "I am trying to help you and you are saying this to me!? To your own little sister!?" She said dramatically, putting her hand on her forehead.

"Help me to put these jasmine flowers around my bun." Lavanya handed the jasmine flowers to her sister.

"Jasmine is your favorite flower, isn't it?" Akshara arched her brow while putting the flowers on her sister's bun which was already ornated with jewelry.

"I think you too should put some flowers around your bun," Lavanya said, looking at the flowers kept on her table.

"Hmm..."Akshara walked a few steps back and gazed at her sister from head to toe. "Now you look like the royal bride of Prince Virendra."

"Akshara, you are not ready yet." Lavanya shook her head and made her sister sit on the chair before the big mirror. "Just look at yourself. Who wears such a simple necklace with such an elegant lehenga vaani?"

"I think it's okay." Akshara looked at her sister over her shoulder.

"Nothing is okay." Lavanya chuckled as she took out a simple necklace set with earrings and mang tika from a box and helped her sister to wear the jewelry. "Now you look like the sister of the bride." She smiled as her sister looked perfect.

"You are a queen when it comes to light jewelry." Akshara giggled while adjusting the waistband around her waist.

"Only the flowers are lacking to complete your look." Lavanya took the flowers kept on the table and carefully adorned Akshara's bun with them.

"Thank you, sister. You are the best." Akshara laughed as she checked herself in the mirror.

"Akshara, Lavanya, it's getting late." Bhargav knocked on their door, reminding them that they were getting late.

"Yes, father. Almost done." Akshara said, adjusting her dupatta.

After they came out of their room, they left the royal palace for the ceremony.

"Do you really think that these robes will make me look good?" Virendra glanced at his friend Mahesh before looking at the royal wedding robes kept on his bed.

"Of course Prince Virendra." Mahesh chuckled. "Red dhoti with these royal robes will make you look like a demigod."

"Demigod!?" Virendra arched his brows. "Making me look like a demigod won't make her fall for me."

"Wait! Are you worried that she won't fall for you?" Mahesh pressed his lips together, trying to control his laughter.

"That's not it." Virendra averted his gaze away from Mahesh. "You won't understand my point."

"Whatever Virendra, but I never guessed that Lavanya will be your wife." Mahesh walked towards the table, picking up the royal jewelry.

"Do you think I guessed it?!" Virendra huffed as he changed his clothes into the royal wedding robes.

"But I can say that Lavanya is really unique. She is different from others since childhood." Mahesh said, helping the prince with the turban.

"I too played with her like you when we were kids. But I never felt that she is unique." Virendra put the jewelry around his neck. "She is nothing more than a wildcat."

"Virendra ah Virendra..." Mahesh chuckled. "Leave it. I feel bad for Karthik as he is missing this ceremony."

Before Virendra could say anything, Saanvi entered his room.

"Brother, how long will you take to get ready?" Saanvi put her hands on her hips as she looked at Virendra and Mahesh. "Even I got ready before you." Saanvi spun around, making her long unique colored lehenga spin.

"Princess Saanvi, you should have worn more jewelry," Mahesh suggested while helping Virendra to get ready.

"Brother Mahesh, simple jewelry looks more beautiful on Lehenga vaani." Saanvi smiled as she walked towards her brother. "You look handsome brother." She said while fixing the jewelry on him. "The bride has already arrived. I think we too should go now." Saanvi smiled.

After getting ready, the prince went to the venue ceremony.

As he entered the wedding mandap, his eyes fell on his bride who was walking towards the mandap while her eyes were fixed to the ground, making him unable to see her face. A slight smile formed on his face when his eyes fell on her royal jewelry and orange saree. The king, queen, and other members of the royal family along with Bhargav's family already reached the venue.

They sat beside each other but there was a white cloth between them which stood as a barrier, preventing them from catching a glimpse of each other's face. After a few rituals, the cloth was withdrawn and the bride and the groom could see each other's face.

The moment Virendra's eyes met with Lavanya's, he froze for a moment as if he had seen something unbelievable while Lavanya immediately averted her gaze and looked down, avoiding Virendra's gaze.

____________________________________

In Andhra Pradesh, the brides don't cover their faces with a veil.

Haldi Ceremony:

In Andhra Pradesh, the Haldi ceremony occurs a day before the wedding ceremony. The haldi (turmeric) applied on the bride's body is brought from the groom's house and vice-versa. The ceremony occurs in the individual homes of the bride and the groom. The groom and bride don't sit together for the ceremony.

Wedding Mandap:
A wedding Mandap is a mandap temporarily erected for the purpose of a Hindu or Jain wedding. The main wedding ceremonies take place under the mandap

Mang Tika:

Nose-Pin

Anklets:

Armlet:

.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

54.1K 2K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
Rajputana Od Manika

Historická literatura

211K 8.4K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...
1.2M 51.2K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
1M 78.2K 48
Mature content ! 2nd book in VILLAIN SERIES 🔥 All series are standalone and don't relate to each other. "From today onwards, am your...