Samaina FF : Pyaar Hua, Chupk...

By Aaru_09

A Love story based on Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai.. More

Intro
Part-1 (The new tenant)
Part-2 (Dekha Jo Tumko)
Part-3 (Kuch to hua hai)
Part-4 (Do Dil Mil Rahe Hai)
Part-5 (Unnamed Feelings)
part-6 (Paheli)
Part-7 (One Step Forward)
Part-8 (Aaya Mausam dosti ka)
Part-9 (The Reliable One)
Part-10 (Getting Acquainted More)
Part-11 (Silsila)
Part-12 (Pyaar to hona hi tha)
Part-14
Part-15
Part-16
Part-17
Part-18
Part-19
Part - 20
Part-21
Part-22
Part-23
Part - 24
Part - 25
Part - 26
Part - 27
Part - 28
Part - 29
Part - 30

Part-13

748 107 24
By Aaru_09

"Naina!!" Preeti called her sister a little aloud. Naina stirred a bit hearing her name, then opened her eyes slowly. She found Preeti staring at her frowning. She wanted to understand the reason. Awakening fully she discovered herself leaning on the frame of the balcony door. That meant she slept here entire night!! No, not night, there was a hint of light outside before she drifted off to sleep. She quickly stood up to met her sister's quizzing gaze.

"Tu puri raat yahin soyi thi kya? Preeti queried with widened eyes.

"Aree nahi.. Woh aaj subha bohot jaldi uth gayi thi na toh thodi der yahi pe beith gayi. Phir kab aakh lag gayi paata hi nahi chala." She hid the previous night incident intentionally.

It was not clear through Preeti's expression whether she believed her sister's words or not. She just shook her head and instructed Naina to get ready.

That morning Naina decked up in her pink tops which Sameer liked most and took some extra time in preparing herself. On seeing Naina's enthusiasm in getting ready Preeti teasingly said to her that it seemed there might be something special today. Naina passed a shy smile and her heart throbbed anticipating something beautiful to happen.

*****

Sameer went down on one knee in front of Naina with a bunch of red roses. Naina's eyes widened seeing him kneeling down on the dusty sidewalk. Sameer couldn't tell what was happening around as his mind was focused on the smiling girl in front of his eyes. "I love you Naina" he declared confidently, offering the flowers to her. She had a beatific smile on her face as she extended her hand to accept his offering. But then, suddenly she turned back and started stepping backwards and their surroundings filled with mystical fog. With frightened eyes, Sameer saw her disappearing slowly in that hazy sheet. "Naina!!" he screamed and jerked awake, then discovered himself on his bed. He sighed a relieved breathe realising that it was a dream. What was that dream? The courage he gathered last night was turned into nervousness by that dream. What if she refused him?

He shook his head to shake off the negative thought and grabbed the alarm clock from the bedside desk. As he brought the clock before his eyes a worried sound escaped from his mouth, "Oh no!!". It was ten in the morning. Her lecture would finish at eleven o'clock and here he just woke up. When he would get ready and when he would reach at her college. Glancing at the clock he cursed himself for being forgetful of setting the alarm. The incident of last night had such an impact that he totally forgot that Kaanji wouldn't come this morning and he had to set an alarm. After spending almost the whole night sleeplessly, he couldn't remember exactly when his tired body gave up and he drifted off to sleep.

After having a quick shower he quickly wore his black shirt, the one in which he got a complement from Naina. He completed his breakfast as soon as possible, then rushed to the bus stop and fortunately got the bus as soon as he reached there. On his way, he checked his wristwatch for the umpteenth time. The hand of the clock was moving so fast as if it was participating for a race, a race with him where his defeat was certain. The worried lines of his forehead had been increased whenever the bus stopped for any traffic signal. Meanwhile, his mind was occupied planning about how to propose her.

Finally, he reached his destination. He smiled glancing at his wristwatch as it was not that much late. From a nearby flower shop, he bought a rose, a half-bloomed one with two leaves just as Naina liked. He avoided flower bouquet considering her risk in hiding it from her family members. He didn't forget to buy a chocolate bar as well. He really didn't know the necessity of these things to propose anyone, yet he bought them with the hope if he failed to utter anything like before these little things might help her to understand his untold words. With a lot of ideas in his head he stepped ahead towards her college.

He didn't have to walk for a long to find her as she was spotted at her favourite paanipuri stall, enjoying eating the paanipuri. He was about to cross the road but stopped in his place seeing her talking with someone, a curled hair boy with glasses on his eyes. Suddenly that morning dream marched back to his head. He remembered that in his dream he proposed her at the same place where Naina was standing now, and then he recalled Naina's withdrawal and receding form. He was never superstitious but now someone from him spoke, "Subha ka sapna saach hota hai.." Staring at the boy he felt threatened as if the boy was the reason behind Naina's stepping back in his dream. But then his fear turned into anger seeing Naina laughing at that boy's words. His jaw clenched, hands fisted witnessing this unpleasant sight. What was so funny in his talk and who was this boy? Her friend? Why didn't Naina tell anything about him before? This thought enraged him more. He couldn't tolerate her being friendly with some other boy except him. That time he felt a new kind of ache in his heart, a painful one. Every time she laughed with that boy the ache grew stronger. At that moment, his brain forgot to differentiate between right and wrong. In the battle of anger and conscience, he let his anger win and left the place, throwing the flower and the chocolate bar recklessly on the ground.

Being unaware about everything that happened, Naina thanked the boy for his Paanipuri treat and bade a bye to him, then joined Preeti.

"Sameer ko dekha kya?" Naina asked nearing to her sister.

"Mujhe kaise dikhega? Teri Romeo thodi na mujhse milne aayega.."

"Kya hamesha Romeo Romeo kehti rehti hai.."

"Romeo nahi bolun? Toh phir kya bolun.. kya bolun.." Preeti gave a mischievous glance at Naina, then leaning a bit towards her sister she whispered, "Jijaji chalega?"

Naina startled at Preeti's last word then smacked hard on her shoulder.

Rubbing her arm Preeti stated, "Aab aise maarne se main chup nahi rahungi.. Aagar pyaar hai toh izhaar bhi toh hone chahiyen na.. Waise bhi bohot waqt ho chuka hai.."

"Woh toh main bhi chahta hun, par woh hai ki kuch bolta hi nahin.." Naina replied shyly.

"Toh tu hi bol dena.. Ismein konsi badi baat hai.." With the brightest smile Preeti prodded her sister.

"Itna aasan nahin hota kehna.. jab teri baari aayegi tab dekhna badi baat hai ya nahin.." Naina rolled her eyes.

"Main toh kabse intezaar mein hun, par tujh jaisi kismat kahan hain meri ke pyaar khud darwaze pe aake dastaak de.." Preeti uttered in a dramatic way.

"Kya pata.. ho sakta hai ki tera pyaar bhi khud chalke aa jayein.."Passing a mysterious smile Naina commented.

"Haan, haan.. Itni saari tasalli ke liye dhanyavad.. Aab yeh baata ke aur kitna intezar karna padega.." Preeti made an irritated face while Naina was searching Sameer's face among the passers by.

Waiting for more than half an hour Naina despairingly agreed to return home assuming that he might have some urgent work to do. And her assumption became strong seeing the hanging lock from his door nob.

Sameer, on the other hand, was wandering in the streets of Mumbai to calm his disoriented mind down with no intention of returning home. Yet he was unable to realise what major damage he had done by his improvidence.

Naina was waiting for the afternoon thinking that she would be able to have his glimpse from her balcony like every day but her expectance shattered as there was no sign of him which meant he didn't come back. This time she became a little tensed thinking about his whereabouts. She had nothing to do but waiting for the time his programme to be on aired so that she could be relaxed about his safety.

With great difficulty, Sameer continued his programme that day and Naina finally relieved from all her anxiety hearing his voice. She cheerfully waited for the time to their phone conversation. But to her dismay, he didn't receive the phone even after it rang for many times. She gave her mind a self consolation that he might have fallen asleep a bit early due to fatigue. In fact, her heart was not ready to accept anything negative.

Contrarily, Sameer was avoiding receiving the call deliberately. He was not in a mood of talking with anyone, especially with Naina. Only he knew how difficult it was to handle today's radio programme keeping his voice normal. His anger did not abate yet rather Naina's friendly gesture with that boy was flashing again in his mind and that dream of Naina's rejection... God!! he couldn't take this.

None of them had a sound sleep that night. Unlike the past, today the reason was different. One couldn't sleep out of his unnecessary fear of losing his untold love and the other was in agitation about his health. In the morning when Kaanji came, the first thing Naina did was to ask him tactically about Sameer's health as he was not seen in his balcony. The tension lines in her forehead increased when she learnt that he was absolutely fit and fine. Then why he didn't phoned her to plan their Saturday hangout. Sameer would avoid her was beyond her imagination. But her conception changed within the afternoon when she finally realised Sameer was avoiding her as he broke his month old routine of turning back to the direction of her balcony to bade a silent goodbye to her before proceeding for his office. Now there was no doubt that all the incident from yesterday was intentional. Naina's vision blurred with the tears of hurt. What she had done that he abruptly became a totally different person, avoiding her. She quickly ran towards the bathroom and locked the door to hide her unstoppable tears. After ten minutes when she came out rinsing her teary face, her changed demeanor was not unnoticed by her sister as she queried, "Kya hua? tu itni udaas kyun lag rahi hai? Sameer se mili nahin kya?"

"Aisa kuch nahin.. bas thoda tired hun.." Naina replied faintly.

Preeti let the topic go though in her mind she knew that Naina was lying, something was definitely bothering her. She thought to talk with her later about it. Sameer's programme started on time as usual but what amazed Preeti was Naina's behaviour. She silently moved towards the living room with her books and came back once the programme finished. Preeti was now sure that the problem was related to Sameer. Something unwanted definitely happened between them. Nearing to the desk where Naina was sitting at she questioned her directly, "Sameer ke saath kuch huya kya?"

Naina just shook her head but Preeti was adamant this time to know the truth. Raising her chin Preeti made Naina look at her, "Idhar dekh aur baata kya hua.."

The tears that Naina was trying to hold back for so long was now rolling down her cheeks and hugging Preeti tightly she sobbed badly. Preeti was shocked seeing her sister in such a vulnerable state. After calming down, Naina told her last two day's incident and how she understood that he was avoiding her. Preeti became wordless for a moment, then said her sister that she would talk with Sameer. But Naina dissent saying that there was no need to talk with him. if he decided not to talk with her then she won't disturb him anymore. Assuring her sister she told, "Meri chinta maat kar, main thik hun.. Bas itne dinon ka aadat bhoolne mein thoda waqt lagega.."

Preeti sighed knowing very well that some habit can not be changed easily and for a emotional girl like Naina it won't be an easy task at all. Yet she decided not to interfere.

****

After returning home that night Sameer was feeling miserable as his anger subdued and a feeling of guilt aroused in him. In the afternoon while stepping out for his office he was determined not to look back towards her but instantly after crossing the boundary gate he couldn't help glancing at her furtively from behind the boundary wall just before being vanished from her vision fully. Even from a distance, Sameer could clearly saw the shadow of melancholy that descended upon on her vivacious face, and at that moment he felt his heart wrenched in pain. She was hurt and he was the reason behind it. That gloomy feature of her kept flashing in his mind the whole evening and every time he became remorseful for his deed. Such a moron he was!! Instead of talking her about that incident which bothered him, he kept avoiding her and increased the misunderstanding between them. Now he was terribly missing her and heartily wished to have a phone call from her as he was instructed not to call her directly. At last, the phone rang but the call was not from the expected person. It was Nanu who started his conversation by scolding him for not answering the phone call yesterday. After a while when Sameer explained everything about yesterday and today. Learning everything Nanu spoke in a very unpleasant voice, "Yeh tune bilkul accha nahi kiya Sameer. Sabse pehle usse ekbar baat karna chahiyen tha.."

With a regretful voice Sameer said, "Mujhe galti ho gaya Nanu.. Uss waqt paata nahi kya ho gaya tha mujhe.. uss ladke ke saath usko has has ke baatein kaartein dekh mujhe itna gussa aaya.. Aur phir woh subha ka sapna.."

"Tu na ekdum gadha hai gadha.. Sapne ko itna seriously kaun leta hai.. Aur tera gussa.. kinti badi galti kar di tune gusse mein aake.. issi liye main hamesha kehta hun aapne gusse par kaabu rakh, itna gussa accha nahi hota.." Scolding his grandson Nanu tried to put some sense in him.

"Main samajh raha hun Nanu.. ab se kabhi aise gussa nahi karunga.. Par mujhe gusse se jyada daar laag raha tha, Naina ko khone ka daar.. Aise laag raha tha jaise main usse paane se pehle hi kho dunga.." His voice declared his fear.

"Beta, Pyaar mein sabse zaroori hota hai vishwaas aur bharosa.. Haan, ussi insaan ko khone ka daar bhi rehta hai.. Par jab yeh vishwas aur bharosa kam ho jaata hai na tab daar jeet jaata hai.. aage se yeh daar ko kabhi maat jitne dena.." Nanu calmly tried to make him understand.

"Aab mein kya karunga nanu? Shayad woh mujhse naaraz hai.. Aaj phone bhi nahi kiya.." Sameer's voice had frustration.

"Jab galti tune kiya hai toh sochna bhi tujhe hi padhega ke kaise maafi mangna hai aur kaise usko maanana hai.." saying so, Nanu disconnected the call.

Sameer sat motionless for a while, thinking about mending the damage. The next day being Sunday neither he could meet her at the college premises nor the terrace. The only hope was the phone call if she agreed to talk with him.

*****

The next morning, Sameer woke up earlier than every day and kept pacing in his balcony with the hope of seeing her but she didn't come. At around ten a.m. he decided to use their two-ring signal to make her aware that he wanted to talk. Naina along with her family was taking her breakfast when the phone rang. Before Anand could receive the phone it stopped ringing. Unaware about the two-ring code, Preeti noticed a hint of restlessness in her sister's eyes for a moment with that ringing sound of the phone but then she became normal. From last night Naina was oddly quite and also didn't talk at all in the morning. Even she woke up late today which was opposite to her nature. For a moment Preeti felt guilty for such condition of her sister as she was the one who encouraged Naina to proceed with this relationship. Was she wrong to judge Sameer? She can't see her cheerful sister like this.. She should talk with Sameer in this regard. She looked once at Naina and her gloomy face was enough to grow bitterness in her mind for Sameer. She momentarily cancelled her decision. As he was responsible for all these, he himself would take the initiative if he wanted.

After thirty minutes, the cordless again rang and stopped after two rings. Bela frowned, holding the cordless in her hand. "Aajib hai, do baar ghanti baajke bandh kyun ho raha hai.. Ismein koi problem hai kya?" keeping the device in its previous position Bela walked towards the kitchen.

Naina glared at the cordless for a while, then strode towards her room hiding the single tear that rolled down her cheek. What he wanted now? Did his avoiding game end? Had he thought she would forget everything and would start talking with him again. No, She won't talk with him, never ever.. She covered her face with her palms to restrain the flowing teardrops.

Sameer tried that two-ring code for several times that day but there was no response from her side. On his way to office, it was his turn to be disheartened as there was no one waiting for him in her balcony. He felt an emptiness in his heart staring at that empty balcony of her. At that moment he could feel how it felt to be ignored by the loved one.

At night, being restless he could no longer hold himself back and dialled her number, this time on the purpose of a direct call.

Hearing the voice of Bela, he immediately cut the call, then dialled again after an hour.

"Hello.." Preeti's voice came from the other end.

This time he got some ray of hope. "Hello, Preeti.. Main Sameer.. Naina se baat ho saakta hai kya?"

Preeti's brows frowned, then after being assured that her parents were not around she replied in a curt voice, "Badi jaaldi yaad aa gaya aapko Naina ki.. Pichle do din to pehchan bhi nahi paa rahe the.."

"I'm sorry jo kuch bhi hua uske liye.. I can explain everything, bas Naina se baat kara do please.." Sameer Pleaded in a remorseful voice.

"Aab kya explain karna hai aapko.. Jab achanak se usse baatein karna bandh kar di thi tab to explain karna zaroori nahi samjhein aap.. Aur haan, Naina aapse baat nahi karna chahti.." Preeti's voice was stern.

"Please Preeti samjha karo, mujhe usse baat karna zaroori hai.. Maine aanjane mein jo uski dil dukhaya uss baat ka maafi mangne ke liye.."

"Haan, taaki aap dobara aisa kuch karke phirse uski dil dukha sako.."

"I promise aage se aisa kuch kabhi nahi honge.. Insaan ko galti sudharne ka ek mauka to milna chahiyein na.." Sameer's voice was regretful.

"Accha thik hai.. Par yaad rakhna yahin pehla aur aakhri chance hai aapke liye.. Aagar meri behen ko dobara rulaya na toh phir dekhna.." She threatened him.

"Okey, okey.. Tum jo chahe wo saja de dena mujhe.. Bas kal college ke baad usse thoda rokhke rakhna.."

"Humara college ka time change ho gaya.. Gyarah se sadhee teen baaje taak.."

"Inn do dinon mein college ka time bhi change ho gaya!!" Sameer exclaimed in astonishment.

"Haan toh aagar do dinon mein insaan badal sakta hai toh college ka time kyun nahi.." bringing back the curt tone in her voice Preeti replied and disconnected the call before Sameer could say anything.

Sameer made a silent prayer for everything to be alright between him and Naina, then made a vain effort of sleeping as the tension of gaining back the previous Naina kept him awake.

______________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 15.8K 87
A story which deciphers brothers bond, love, careπŸ’•! To know peep into the story πŸ‘€πŸ‘€!!!
897K 88.8K 195
In my story Naina does fall in love with Sameer in school but not him. Naina and Sameer are both from Ahmedabad from the same school but Sameer neve...
531K 53.5K 128
This is a series of OS, on different events. Some imaginary and some related to real incident. Hope u will enjoy it :)
99.9K 11.7K 86
Someone grasped her delicate wrist so tightly, and she looked at him with fear. It was him, her sameer. He was burning in extreme anger, he quickly d...