PSYCHO ― John B. Routledge ✓

By cIeopatras

❝ sure thing, norman bates ❞ ❝ oh, fuck off, you pogue ❞ JOHN B x MALE!OC OBX SEASON ONE Cover by @brieIar... More

PSYCHO
DENY, DENY, DENY
GRAPHICS GALLERY
00. Drinking to Forget
01. You're Still Here
02. About Last Night
03. In The Moonlight
04. A Small Moment Of Weakness
05. Call A Truce
06. Feel Something Dangerous
07. Let's Ride
08. Until He Didn't
09. Saying Yes
10. More Than That
11. Runner
12. Falling Into Place
13. His Girls
14. Likewise
15. Beat Him To It
16. Midsummers Revelations
17. Like A Car Crash
18. Put Up or Shut Up
19. Bad Idea
20. Stillwater
21. Getting There
22. What Do We Do Now?
24. Right Now
25. We Did It
26. A Small Gesture of Intimacy
27. So Much Worse
28. Tough Guy
29. Family
30. Trust Him
31. I Promise
32. A Plan's A Plan
33. All They Had
34. Bloody-Handed
35. Start The Car
36. Forget About Me
37. Old Time's Sake
38. The Last Goodbye
39. The Greater Good
40. Always

23. The Beginning

6.4K 358 120
By cIeopatras

TWENTY-THREE THE BEGINNING

◥✥◤

So, what are they supposed to do now that everything is out in the open? Help John B create a scheme to get Kiara and Sarah to be friends again. Norman was aware of how ridiculous this was, but some stupid part of him wanted John B to be happy so he was going to go along with this as best he could. Their plan was just about ready to go as they waited for Pope to deliver the unknowing Kie to where their boat was waiting in the Alps.

"What happened?" Kie asked as she approached the three boys that were pretending to be fixing the boat when in reality, they had it stopped on purpose. Of course, Kiara didn't know this and she wasn't going to until it was too late.

"Uh, the alternator's not alternating anymore," JJ explained as John B and Norman nodded along. Being a good liar had its perks in moments like this, clearly.

"It's not charged," added John B with a convincingly disappointed expression.

Kie sighed as she stepped forward and asked, "Did you check the plugs?"

"No, you should check them," John B suggested as the boys stood to get out of her way as she stepped into the cabin. As the girl groaned and got to work, they inconspicuously left the cabin as quietly and quickly as possible.

"Go, go, go!" JJ exclaimed as the three boys ran before Kie noticed anything and jumped into the water. Norman was a bit slower than the other two, but that didn't matter as John B grabbed him by the arm and got them over to Pope's boat before the girls could chase after them. They laughed as the girls seemed to discover the plan and yell after them.

"Get your asses back here!" Kie screamed at the boys from the edge of the boat.

John B shook his head and explained, "Not happening! Not until you two figure it out!"

"I will kill every single one of you! Even you, Rocky!" Kiara shouted back with murder in her eyes. Norman wouldn't be surprised if she followed through with that, but he was still laughing with a smile plastered on his face.

"Y-You can't just leave!" Sarah contributed with a disdainful expression on her face as the boys began to drive away without an ounce of remorse.

"There's food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt!" shouted back John B with a gleeful smile.

JJ nodded, exclaiming, "Hydroponic!"

As the girls complained, they were already down the river with laughs spilling past their lips and smiles on their faces. Norman sighed, chuckling as he remarked, "I honestly didn't think that would work."

"Kie loves to fix the boat for us, she's convinced we're idiots," Pope explained, "Ah, nothing feels better than a beautifully executed plan, don't you guys agree?"

"Speaking of plans, what the fuck is going on with you two?" JJ asked, his eyes drifting towards where John B and Norman were sitting in the back of the boat. Norman was sitting on the edge with his legs sprawled out in front of him while John B was sitting horizontally on the seat with his legs on Norman's lap. He hadn't even realized they were in such a position until JJ pointed it out.

Norman shrugged, "What do you mean?"

JJ laughed, scoffing as he asked, "What do I mean? You stormed off, you guys "talked" in your car and then all of a sudden you both come out all peaceful and we start conspiring against the girls."

"Don't put "talked" in air quotes, that's what we did!" John B exclaimed in defense of the boys, "I just apologized, sheesh. Is that so hard to believe?"

"Yes," Pope and JJ remarked at the same time while Norman snickered off to the side.

"What do you want us to say, JJ?" Norman said with a laugh, "We had an intense makeout session in my car and now we're both totally dick-whipped for each other? Because that would be lying."

JJ still didn't look impressed, "Hmm... yeah, totally lying. I don't believe you two. There's something fishy going on here."

"Well, we don't have another boat to trap them on, so new plan," Pope added with a small laugh while John B rolled his eyes.

"You guys are being ridiculous, there's nothing going on. We're friends, we're allowed to be. It's not our fault that making up was easier than it was for the girls. We're just mature like that," Norman shrugged, nodding towards John B as the two bent forward to high-five before returning to their relaxed positions, "Really, you're making a mountain out of a molehill here, dude."

"I don't know," Pope contributed, "I agree with JJ. You two are either pretending to have it all figured out or are totally lying to yourselves."

Norman sighed. Was he lying to himself? It was entirely possible. He wanted to settle things with John B, but he wasn't sure he even knew how at this point. When they arrived at the docks, JJ and Pope hopped out, but stopped John B and Norman before they could.

"Dude, what's up?" John B asked as JJ crossed his arms and stood tall on the dock with a small smile.

"We're pulling a Kie and Sarah except we're not stranding you guys in the middle of the marsh because we don't have any more boats. You guys clearly got some shit going on, I don't believe that you guys can be all happy-go-lucky with each other just like that. Anyway, feel free to stay, but Pope and I are fucking off and we're not seeing you guys until we go to pick up the girls in the morning," JJ explained with a playful grin on his face, "All right, see ya!"

Before they could even argue, the two boys were gone. All Norman could do was laugh, really. Of course, JJ and Pope would pull some shit like this. No one was safe from them and their plotting, apparently.

"So, wanna just dip?" Norman asked now that the boys were gone.

John B shrugged, "I mean, we could, but they're kind of right. There is some shit we need to talk about."

"Oh, come on, like what?" Norman offered with a small scoff.

"Like the fact that we have feelings for each other and I don't want to deny it anymore?" the boy suggested with a matter-of-fact tone as he sat back down on the boat with his arms crossed. "I wanna talk this shit out, like genuinely."

Norman sighed, he didn't know if he could have a conversation like this. He didn't even know what he felt. However, some clarity would be nice to have considering how weird and confusing everything had gotten with John B and the Pogues. He missed when life was simple and stuff like this wasn't something he had to worry about. Oh, to be a stupid, careless rich boy once again. That really was the dream, wasn't it? But no, he was here on a boat debating his goddamn relationship status with John Booker Routledge. How the mighty have fallen.

"Okay," he caved finally, "Let's talk about this. I want you to be honest with me, okay? Was you liking Sarah real? Or was it just convenient because you were angry at me? If it was real, are you still into her?"

John B sighed, "I already told you, it was because I was pissed at you. Unhealthy, yes, but the truth? Also, yes. No, I don't feel anything for her now, especially not now that her dad is my legal guardian. It feels like she's my sister or some weird shit. I don't even know. I know why I've been angry with you, Norman."

"Which is?" he asked curiously with a raised eyebrow.

"We have been so hot and cold with this whole thing, you know? One minute we're making out and the next we're screaming at each other and I know it's not because we hate each other, I don't think we ever hated each other. I can't assume your feelings, but I know for me it was because I was scared. I figured out I was bi no long after the party where we met, but you're the first boy I've had like, an honest to God crush on and that was terrifying to me so I took it out on you and I'm sorry," John B exclaimed with what looked like a heavy heart on his sleeve, "I know I already apologized for running, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that... I don't want to run anymore. I don't want to run from what I feel for you. I know that sounds cheesy as hell but --"

John B didn't get a chance to finish his sentence because Norman had heard all he needed to hear. Instead of letting the boy continue rambling, he leaned over from his seat on the boat and pressed his lips against John B's. One hand held onto the railing of the boat behind John B's shoulder while the other caressed his chin as the boy kissed him back gently. Every kiss between them was always such a contrast from the last -- this one was gentle, there was something real and honest behind the passion that let it be less frantic. Every kiss before this had felt like the last one they might share, but this one felt like the beginning. The beginning of something neither of them probably understood, but what mattered the most was that they were both willing to try. That was all Norman wanted -- was to try.

When he pulled away, the other boy didn't let him get far as they took a breath before he grabbed Norman's chin gently and pulled him back in for another kiss.

"Yes! I totally knew it!" a voice interrupted the exchange as both boys jumped apart at the sight of a giddy JJ appearing on the docks. As Pope followed behind him, it was clear they had been keeping an eye on the boys despite providing the illusion they had disappeared. "Friends my ass!"

"JJ, you're the fucking worst," John B exclaimed as Norman reluctantly climbed off of him. Despite the annoyance in his tone, there was still a smile on his face as he shook his head at his best friend. "Fucking whatever, are you happy now, JJ? You caught us."

Norman sighed as he shook his head, "God, this friend group is so fucking weird."

Still, his heart was beating out of his chest as he looked over at the smile on John B's face as he spoke to JJ. Maybe this could be the start of something. Something real.

i originally wasn't going to have them admit feelings until much later in the show but i was writing this chapter and i just couldn't help myself the moment totally called for it so here's some soft content because i needed some happy fluff in my life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 48 11
ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝ i like that about us. nothing is ever complicated. ❞ &&. in which it's dangerous to fall in love with your best friend. JJ MAYBANK | OUTER B...
3.5K 113 15
𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. seasons - half of season one - full season 2...
234K 2.1K 18
✗ DISCONTINUED ~ be careful what you search for rafe cameron x fem!oc [ obx season 1 ]
395 28 8
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 ❞ jj maybank x fem!oc enemies to friends to lovers arc obx season one storylines ❪ started: 10.02.24 ❫ ❪ completed: tbc ❫ ©l...