The Billionaire Wants Her

By ThankGodItsFriday

"You are mine now", He whispered. Suddenly, it felt like I was in the movies. My breath was short. I felt my... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35

33

8.7K 327 121
By ThankGodItsFriday

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!! 

FINALLY

Yes. I know. We unite, once again.

I have missed you all. I hope you are doing safe. Thank you for being so supportive, you guys mean the world to me. So, take care of yourself you cute little sprinkle.

I suggest you read a little bit of the last chapter to get the link but otherwise, I am adding a short summary of what has happened. 

CHAPTER 32:

Will sets Kiara up for heart break by seeing Daniel and Zoe in the restaurant.

Have fun reading amigos. Let me know what you think :)

No one tells you that growing up means losing friends. Even if someone did, they never really  give you a hint of the intensity or the number of friendships you lose. So, when you realise that it actually does apply to you, it hurts. A lot. Friendship keeps us sane. Will wasn't the only friend I lost. I had lost so many. 

But in the other cases, Chloe, my second grade best friend, moved out of town. Miranda, Rose and I were the best of friends in the middle school but our little group broke because they grew close during dance recital practice. And I couldn't dance to save my life. I was so bad that the teacher stopped me in the middle of my audition. I don't blame her. I grew close with my longest friend- Maddy. Maddy changed in high school. The most painful transition was to see her get disinterested. 

But all that is Pre-Daniel Knight Era. 

After I met Daniel Knight, things changed. Elise, Andrea, Chris, Wil-- some of my closest friends were made this year. Well, I guess, not Will anymore. 

Will's dishonesty brought in the feeling of every time I had felt the loss of a friend. It is a lonely feeling, my friend. And it hits harder than the bus that hit Regina George. And it's equally unpredictable. 

The next morning I woke up feeling heavy. My entire body felt stiff from the sorrow that had accumulated over the night. I walked towards my bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked horrendous. My eyes were swollen and my face had drained its colour. And i had no idea how to make them better. So, of course, I googled. 

Last night, Daniel drove me back home. The ride was pretty silent. I texted Elise about what had happened. She couldn't believe it either. She called me immediately. There was a lot of crying and "You don't need his friendship" talk involved. 

I brushed my teeth and walked into the shower. After showering and overthinking for the entire hour, I walked out in my towel. I took out my pyjamas and T-shirt. The T shirt had Mickey Mouse on it. I immediately saw my phone as I was reminded of Daniel Knight. No messages. I quickly wore my clothes and rushed down stairs.

As I walked to the dinning area from the stairs, I heard my parents laugh. 

"Aha..Sleeping beauty is up!", Dad said and laughed. Mason laughed as he sipped on the orange juice. I ruffled his hair as I sat across them. Mom was in the kitchen, she poured the mixture on the pan as the eggs sizzled. 

"How are you feeling now, Sweety?", Mom asked me with concern. I mean, as much as I'd like to not speak about it, I knew silence would only raise more questions. 

"Terrible", I replied.

"You look like that too", Mason said and I scoffed. I hit on his arm lightly. He laughed in return.

"It's the hunger", Dad said. It made me so mad that he would think "hunger" is the cause of every problem. Guess what dad--

"Dad--", I raised my eyebrows and I was ready to enter into the "you don't understand me" rant.

"I know", He cut me and I was left aback. He held my hand tightly. "It must be rough right now. But what do we when things are not right?", he looked at Mason.

"Give it time", Mason replied. I was caught by surprise. My 11-year-old brother was better at life than me. Days just keep getting weirder and weirder. Is he getting older? 

I nodded. I understood what he meant. 

Dad and Mason were talking about something when Mason paused and said he is feeling sick. Dad and I walked him up to his bathroom where he puked a little. I passed him a bottle of water as he cleaned his mouth. We sat with him on the bed and joked around to make him feel better. 

"Was it the juice?", Dad asked as he pats him in the back. 

"Maybe", Mason replied. 

"Oh dear.. Ki, can you go and dispose off the rest of it before someone drinks it?", he said as he hugged Mason. 

I walked downstairs to tell mom but I heard another voice. I stepped down and saw Daniel Knight sitting on my breakfast table and chatting with my Mom. 

There was orange juice kept in front of him. 

Oh. 

What?

"What?", I said out of surprise. He smiled as he saw my T-shirt. Like he must've been reminded of the same thing as me. 

"How is Mason doing?", Mom asked immediately. 

"He's feeling a little sick", I told her. "Dad thinks it's the juice"

Mom scoffed. 

"Do you think so?", Mom said as she looked at the glass of juice. "I'm sorry, dear. Let me take that. I'll fix you up with something else"

"No problem", He said with a smile. "Don't worry about it"

"Poor boy. I'll fix you up with a cup of coffee right away", she said as she got up. 

"Thank you, ma'am"

Mom was probably the only person who could use the expression 'poor boy' for Daniel Goddamn Knight. He was filthy rich. He was so rich that he could buy everything in this house and more fifty houses like this and it wouldn't affect his balance. He was so rich that he literally stood out in the entire room. He looked like he was from the royals. He was royal--

"How are you feeling, Miss Harper?", Daniel Knight asked. 

"I.. confused, I said as I sat next to him."I.. have so many questions" 

"I'm here to pick you up", He said calmly.

"Did I say I want to come along?", I smirked. He left a short laugh as he shook his head. "You know you could've called me right?"

"Did you not want me to come here?", He asked in all seriousness. His posture stiffened.

"No, of course not. I mean, Yes. No, I mean, I want you here. I so want you here. Like a lot", I said nervously. I didn't want him to get offended. He raised his eyebrows, a little. "But not like "stalkerish" wanted you to be here but like in the back of the head kinda "wanted you here"-Very healthy--"

He started smiling. My face got heated. I covered my face as I heard him laugh. 

"So, you're coming right?", He asked. 

"Oh, I had a say?", I smiled. Mom got him his coffee. 

"Ma'am, do you mind if I steal your daughter for today?", Daniel asked Mom calmly. 

"Of course not. And you can call me Rita", She smiled. 

"Are you sure Mom?", I asked. "With Mason and everything--"

"I anyway was working from home", Mom said. "I'll take care of him. Don't worry"

"Thank you ma'am", Daniel said with a smile. 

I ran up the stairs. It was hard to imagine that Daniel Knight was in my house. Talking to my mom. In my living room. I entered my room and went straight to the closet. My collection of clothes were more like "I live indoors all my life" kind instead of "dress like you are around rich people" kind. 

I picked out a summer dress and let my hair down. I took my denim jacket with me due to the thought of how chilly it was getting at night nowadays. Between my b&w Adidas and the fancy sandals from my mother's collection, I chose the Adidas and put them on.

When I reached downstairs, Mom and dad were sitting down next to Daniel Knights. They were talking about something. They weren't smiling so that gave me instant anxiety. 

"--thank you so much, sir. Means a lot to me", I heard Daniel say to my father.  He quickly turned towards me and he stood up. "Ready, Miss Harper?"

I nodded. 

"You know the deadline", Dad said. "Stay safe"

"Daniel, do join us for dinner sometime. mason would love to meet you too", Mom smiled.

"Definitely", Daniel smiled. "Look forward to it"

Daniel shook hands with both my parents. We walked out of our porch to his car. There was someone in the car already. It wasn't Martin. 

"Where's Martin?", I inquired. 

"He's gone to pick my sister up", He replied as he held the door open for me. 

I entered the car to see Chris sitting in the car. 

"Have you been here all along?", I asked. "Why didn't you come inside?"

"Because this fucker told me he'll be back in five", Chris said. "It's been 40 goddam minutes. What were you even doing? Making babies?"

"Blame it on Miss Harper, she took all this while to get ready", Daniel said as he buckled up. My mouth fell open. How dare he. 

"What? Were you getting ready for your wedding?", Chris asked me as he started the car. 

"If Daniel had just texted me that he was coming, I would've been ready", I said.

"What? You didn't even text her before coming?", Chris asked. Daniel smiled sheepishly. "Oh, God"

"You still love me, don't you?", Daniel joked. 

"I am not the person you should be asking that question after last night's events", Chris made a sarcastic remark. He paused and then added, "I am glad you guys are okay"

I could see Daniel smile. And I could't help smiling. Just when I thought we were having a moment--

"Are you both blushing?, Chris made a disgusted expression. "God help y'all"

"Eyes on the road, Mister", Daniel said and I laughed. I texted back Elise saying that I was feeling a lot better and that her phone call helped me a lot last night.

As much as the stories of losing my friend were on my mind that day, so was one other thing and that is gratefulness for the new friends I had.

And I felt so, so grateful.

Hope you liked the chapter! Let me know your reviews on it. 

TO ALL THE DIRECTIONERS IN MY READERS, 

hello friends, hope you are doing okay. I have started a one direction fanfiction called "One Direction Reunion Project"

Please do check that out. 

Thanks! Stay safe, cupcakes!

-TGIF

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858K 48.8K 51
"The reason we can't let go of someone is because deep inside, we still have hope." Then, let go. That so-called hope, it's destroying you. "It was...
1.2M 40.1K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
301K 12.8K 45
"Please Katie, don't go. I need you, you're good for me." He begged desperately for her to stay. She was the glue that had been keeping him together...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...