12

Not edited xo

"Do you have the newspaper by any chance?", I asked as I put the online articles on loading.

"I don't, sweetie", She pursed her lips and gave an apologetic smile. She then took out a pink matt lip color and applied a coat on her lips.

"Kiara!", Someone called from behind. I turned to where I heard the sound from. I saw Will walking towards me.

"Look!", He smiled and put three newspaper in front of me and two magazines. He laughed at my startled face and sat next to me.

"All this is--", I said.

"Overwhelming? Over-the-top? Too much too handle?", Will raised his eyebrows.

"Weird", I said and we laughed.

"Daniel Knight's flavour of the month"

"Kiara Harper, 18 year old senior from Avagadro High school, has been dating Daniel knight since two months-- oooh laa laa"

"Things you need to know about Kiara Harper and Daniel Knight's relationship"

"Kiara Harper : YAY or NAY?"

"Which one of Daniel Knight's girlfriend are you? Take a quiz and find out!"

"How long have you been dating for?", Elise asked.

"2 months", I muttered. I did not want to lie to Will and Elise. Even though they were my friends only from a week or two hours but I felt bad anyway.

"That's so cool!", Will smiled. "When she first told us that in the class, everyone thought it was a lie. All these pictures are literally smack on their faces"

Elise laughed and flipped some pages of the magazine.

"Worst part of being rich or famous is security issue", Elise said. "One of my friends from the previous school got kidnapped twice. She went through therapy after she came back"

"Kidnapped?", I asked in horror.

"Yeah! I mean, now that you're famous, you should get security or something", Elise shrugged.

"I don't think I can afford two bodyguards", I muttered.

"Girl, ask Daniel to get you bodyguards", Elise winked.

"Just a minute. I have to make a phone call", I faked a smile and got up. Will and Elise introduced themselves and I walked out of the cafeteria door.

"Hello? Can I talk to Daniel Knight, please?", I said on the phone.

"What do you want, Miss Harper?", Daniel Knight said in his deep, rough voice. "I'm in a middle of an important meeting"

"Have you seen the newspaper?", I said in a flabbergasted tone. "Rumours about us are everywhere"

"Of course but I failed to find anything surprising, unlike you, Miss Harper", He said. His voice shown how impatient he was getting.

"My personal information is on the front page of the magazine", I said calmly.

"What else did you expect, Miss Harper?", He said nonchalantly.

"I just never thoug--", I began to say.

"You should've given it a proper thought before approaching me then. You should have known the obvious consequences. I don't see how it is my fault if you've been oblivious to many aspects", He said firmly.