34

Hello, beauties! UPDATE TIME!

Hope you all are taking care of yourself, following the rules and staying absolutely safe. 

the chapter is massive, yet unedited.

but hey, please let me know if you like it/ hate it!

"Growing up, he had the most amount of phases I have ever seen. His phases were very, very unbearable but they were interesting", Chris said. "He has gotten boring now"

"That's growing up, Chris. Of course, you wouldn't know", Daniel scoffed as he replied on his phone and then kept it in the cabinet in front of his seat. Chris rolled his eyes and made a gagging expression. I chuckled at how ridiculous Chris looked. 

"What kind of phases?", I asked as I looked outside. It was surreal as we were driving past the city buildings. 

"Well, he had one where he was obsessed with science but that didn't last a lot since he blew a lot of lab equipment and Mr. Knight had to cover for the damages. Oh.. then there was painting one. Let me tell you about that one--", Chris said as he laughed. 

"Wait, before you go ahead and butcher my reputation in front of Miss Harper. Let me tell her about this myself", Daniel said as he turned a little to see me sitting in the backseat. 

There was something about Daniel Knight's gaze. When he looked at you, he literally made you feel seen. So many people look at you but they look past you. But when he does it, it's like all his consciousness gave you that attention. Also, he looked so goddamn hot while he did. 

"In sixth grade, I accompanied my parents on a trip to Washington. They attended an exhibition in Corcoran School of Arts and Sciences held by Jim Sanborn, a very famous sculptor. As a young boy, I was heavily influenced by the painting and sculptures", Daniel Knight explained.

"Point is.. Mr-I-Am-An-Artist came back with an obsession of wanting to paint", Chris said. 

"It wasn't an obsession", Daniel said. 

"Oh trust me it was. He dragged us all to a museum for a Saturday trip. I mean, we were kids in mueseum. I mean, five kids and an old man stuck in a body of a kid. He would order these exotic paints. His grandmother also arranged a meeting with this richest painter guy in the world--", Chris said as he took a left turn.

"Hey, It's not my fault if Damien Hirst and Gran have been friends",  Daniel retorted. I laughed. 

"Let me finish. She's gonna love this one. So, for a month he takes these classes and apparently he was painting his masterpiece", Chris said while laughing. 

"Don't listen to him, Miss Harper", Daniel said as I smiled. 

"Month goes by. He calls the entire gang- Me, Jake, Andy, Zach--", Chris coughs. "and Zoe to reveal his big painting"

"And then?", I enquired as I saw Daniel Knight fidgeting. 

"He unveals the painting and we're all like what the actual fuck", Chris exclaimed.

"It was that good?", I enquired.

"It was the worst painting I have ever seen", Chris laughed and I joined him. "they all ccomplimeted him and spent the evening analysing and listening to his pseudo bullshit but I just couldn't stop laughing"

"I am sure it wasn't that bad", I said as I laughed.

"if i painted it with a goddamn blindfold, I would've done a better job", Chris retorted as he pulled the car over. 

"Well, you didn't", Daniel Knight retorted as he unbuckled his seat belt. "it got sold for 31,000 dollars so I see that as a win"

It. What.