33

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!! 

FINALLY

Yes. I know. We unite, once again.

I have missed you all. I hope you are doing safe. Thank you for being so supportive, you guys mean the world to me. So, take care of yourself you cute little sprinkle.

I suggest you read a little bit of the last chapter to get the link but otherwise, I am adding a short summary of what has happened. 

CHAPTER 32:

Will sets Kiara up for heart break by seeing Daniel and Zoe in the restaurant.

Have fun reading amigos. Let me know what you think :)

No one tells you that growing up means losing friends. Even if someone did, they never really  give you a hint of the intensity or the number of friendships you lose. So, when you realise that it actually does apply to you, it hurts. A lot. Friendship keeps us sane. Will wasn't the only friend I lost. I had lost so many. 

But in the other cases, Chloe, my second grade best friend, moved out of town. Miranda, Rose and I were the best of friends in the middle school but our little group broke because they grew close during dance recital practice. And I couldn't dance to save my life. I was so bad that the teacher stopped me in the middle of my audition. I don't blame her. I grew close with my longest friend- Maddy. Maddy changed in high school. The most painful transition was to see her get disinterested. 

But all that is Pre-Daniel Knight Era. 

After I met Daniel Knight, things changed. Elise, Andrea, Chris, Wil-- some of my closest friends were made this year. Well, I guess, not Will anymore. 

Will's dishonesty brought in the feeling of every time I had felt the loss of a friend. It is a lonely feeling, my friend. And it hits harder than the bus that hit Regina George. And it's equally unpredictable. 

The next morning I woke up feeling heavy. My entire body felt stiff from the sorrow that had accumulated over the night. I walked towards my bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked horrendous. My eyes were swollen and my face had drained its colour. And i had no idea how to make them better. So, of course, I googled. 

Last night, Daniel drove me back home. The ride was pretty silent. I texted Elise about what had happened. She couldn't believe it either. She called me immediately. There was a lot of crying and "You don't need his friendship" talk involved. 

I brushed my teeth and walked into the shower. After showering and overthinking for the entire hour, I walked out in my towel. I took out my pyjamas and T-shirt. The T shirt had Mickey Mouse on it. I immediately saw my phone as I was reminded of Daniel Knight. No messages. I quickly wore my clothes and rushed down stairs.

As I walked to the dinning area from the stairs, I heard my parents laugh. 

"Aha..Sleeping beauty is up!", Dad said and laughed. Mason laughed as he sipped on the orange juice. I ruffled his hair as I sat across them. Mom was in the kitchen, she poured the mixture on the pan as the eggs sizzled. 

"How are you feeling now, Sweety?", Mom asked me with concern. I mean, as much as I'd like to not speak about it, I knew silence would only raise more questions. 

"Terrible", I replied.

"You look like that too", Mason said and I scoffed. I hit on his arm lightly. He laughed in return.

"It's the hunger", Dad said. It made me so mad that he would think "hunger" is the cause of every problem. Guess what dad--

"Dad--", I raised my eyebrows and I was ready to enter into the "you don't understand me" rant.