Path to Destiny

By lovely-lights

A country divided by two. Lamia Sphinx The two countries have lived in peace till they both faced a dilemma... More

intro
Lamia [1]
Sphnix [1]
Lamia[2]
Sphnix [2]
Sphnix [3]
Lamia [2]
Sphnix [3]
Lamia [3]
Sphnix [4]
Lamia [4]
Sphnix [5]
Lamia [5]
Sphnix [6]
Lamia [6]
Sphnix [7]
Lamia [7]
Sphnix[8]
Lamia [8]
Sphnix [9]
Lamia [9]
Sphnix [10]
Lamia [10]
Sphnix [11]
Lamia [11]
Sphnix [12]
Lamia [12]
Sphnix [13]
Lamia [13]
Sphnix [14]
Lamia [14]
Sphnix [15.5]
Lamia [15]
Sphnix [16]
Lamia [16]
Sphnix [17]
Lamia [18]
Sphnix [18]
Author's Note
Sphnix [19]
Lamia [19]
Sphnix [20]
Lamia [20]
Sphnix[21]
Lamia [21]
Not an update but....
Sphnix [22]
Lamia[22]
Endymion
Authors Note

Sphnix [15]

3.5K 197 14
By lovely-lights

I had to split this into two parts. But I hope you enjoy it.

Tomorrow Queen Lalisa will be leaving the Sphnix side and back to Lamia. These two weeks, things has change. For the better? He still doesn't know yet. There still loose ends that make the king weary.

King Jungkook cancelled all his meeting to go a city where his father's good friend still lives. Nobody knew except BamBam and RM, which they went with him.

Jung Dong Hwan was a good friend of his fathers. He was a lot older than his dad, about twenty five years, to be exact. Mr. Jung was also good friend to his grandfather. His responsibility to the king's family was loyalty. That was it.

The man had enough land to considered rich but didn't have any background with territory, laws, regulation or that matter. But he was well known and respected by the city councilman, and if they need some convincing that if the royal family was good, Mr. Jung was there to convince them.

Loyalty.

King Jungkook never question about it. He just thought that it was some kind of contract. But he wanted to find out more.

It was pretty far from the palace, about an hour drive. When they finally arrive to his estate and the old man appear at his front door with a smile on his face. He was in his early seventies. He didn't look strong but he did his best, out of respect.

He had a guard and two nurses with him. When the three got out the car, they walk fast to door so that Mr. Jung can sit.

King Jungkook smiles and Mr. Jung bow his head.

"Please let's get inside so you can sit." King Jungkook tells him.

Mr. Jung nod his head and his nurses help him inside. They all sat in the living room and a maid brought water to the king , his guard and RM.

Mr. Jung eyes stayed glue to the king. He didn't seem suspicious of the surprise visit.

"So tell me why the sudden visit?" Me. Jung's voice was deep.

"You been loyal to my family since my grandfather, isn't that correct?"

Mr. Jung nods head with a his smile. "Your family has been good to me. They did a huge favor for me, for that I owe your family a huge debt." Mr. Jung tilts his head, "Why do you ask? Do you need a favor from me? I'm old, I don't know how much power I have but I can try."

Jungkook didn't say anything. He didn't know the man and he is trying to see if he is still loyal to the family. Jungkook sign out.

"Can I ask you a question? But this question must remain between us?"

Mr. Jungkook arch a brow. He hung his head low and looking at the king above his glasses. Mr. Jung lifts his head, and nod his head. "I owe your grandfather a debt and I will do anything the bloodline ask till my last breath. Every secret you will go with me to the grave."

Jungkook nods his head. "What is the favor that my grandfather did for you?"

He didn't hesitate to ask. He wanted to know how this ordinary man that was wealthy but not part of the law nor work for the royal family, how was he tied in to their world.

Mr. Jung looks around and watches the nurse and his guard walk out of the room. BamBam stood up in alert.
Mr. Jung looks above his chimney, where a picture was hung.

The picture was his young self with a beautiful lady. The two stood next to each other in old clothing with a smile.

"RM, is it?" Mr. Jung ask the king's advisor. RM nods his head. "Can you hand me that picture?"

RM stood and got the frame and gave it to Mr. Jung before sitting back down.

Mr. Jung smiles at the picture, and felt the old frame. He didn't look away from the picture as he spoke.

"Your grandfather was about ten years older than me. My brother and him were good friends. I planned on being one this councilmen for this city, as my brother worked for your grandfather. But before my brother and I went to overseas." He pause as he looks at Jungkook with a smile. "I met a beautiful women. She was this passionate women who was confident in every thing a women could offer. I fell in love with her." He pauses again with a frown, "but it turns out she was a Lamia."

Jungkook, RM and BamBam eyes widen. Mr. Jung nods his head, as if was telling us, 'Yes you heard that right'.

"Her name was Ji-Suk. I brought her to Sphnix side from overseas against my better judgment. I just couldn't let her go. People became suspicious because she wasn't your average Sphnix. The motto here is law and order but she did what her heart tells her. Men rules the time back then but she didn't believe a gender was better than the other. But your grandfather came to me in secrecy and ask to meet her. I hesitated but I did because he was going to be our king."

Mr. Jung took a sip of his tea before continuing. "He spoke to her for five minutes alone and came out to me. Told me to stay in on the down low for awhile. And  a few months later, he gave a fake birth certificate and legal papers for Ji-Suk, for us to be married."

Jungkook furrow his brow listening to Mr. Jung. He didn't understand.

Mr. Jung laughs. "I know. I didn't understand it either. He didn't ask but from there I owe my life to your family. Your father never questioned it and he never knew why. He had an allied and that's all that matter.  About five years before your father took over, he brought over 20 old diaries. He asked me to keep it here and do not tell anyone. He also gave me permission to read it."

"Did you read it?" BamBam ask.

We all turn to the curious guard. BamBam shrugs his shoulders, "What? It got interesting." He mumbles.

Jungkook shook his head and went back to Mr. Jung. "Did you read it?" He asks BamBam's question.

Mr. Jung nod his head. "I did. I finally understood why he let me marry the love of my life." He clench his eyes, remember the his late wife. And opens them to look at the king. "We have so much history that the world doesn't know about."

Jungkook sat their silently. He was speechless, he didn't know any of this and didn't really know how to react. His grandfather let a man marry a Lamia.

"Mr. Jung, it's not that I'm not grateful that you told me this but why?"

Mr. Jung didn't say anything. His eyes went around his place before going back to the king. "My great grand nephew Sehun told me that you have a guest and it was top secret. But he told me a thing about your guest. She held her head up high, the way she spoke held no fear. Sehun described her a strong women. A women who also held some kind of seductive personality in a mysterious way. He described her as she was like my late wife." Mr. Jung watch the king's reaction. The sudden move of Jungkook eyes widen for a moment told Mr. Jung what he suspected. "I just put two and two together. I wasn't sure but I am right aren't I?"

"It's the queen." Jungkook tells him.

Mr. Jung eyes widen. "I just assume it was a Lamia women not the queen."

Jungkook nods his head. "I want peace. Do you think it's a wise choice?"

Mr. Jung breathes out got his crane from the side of his chair, to stand up. BamBam automatically went to Mr. Jung to help him. He gave the guard a appreciative smile. He led the men down to the basement. It's was dark and filled with dust.

Mr. Jung flipped a switch and the light came on. There were old furniture, an old washer and dryer, and old bags. Mr. Jung took three steps toward the corner, and points to an area.

Jungkook took steps toward where Mr. Jung points. There was four old boxes.

"Those boxes hold the diaries that your grandfather brought to me. Take them, read them and learn from them. Do something that your father, grandfather couldn't do. I stand by you with whatever you choose to do." Mr. Jung tells Jungkook.

Jungkook grab two boxes and RM grabs the other two. They all went back upstairs and let Mr. Jung rest.

"Thank your Mr. Jung. I don't know how I can repay you." Jungkook tells him.

The elder man shook his head. "Your grandfather gave me a great life for what he did. I mean it, I owe your family everything. Whatever I can do, I will do it for you." King Jungkook got his on his knees and bows the man. "Be safe young man. And know if you choose what is right, it's going to be long hard road but The people don't know is, there is nothing different between us and Lamia. We are all the same."

Jungkook got back up and walk to the car. He grab a random journal to read on his back to the palace.

He open the old journal and it was his great grandfather journal, Min Ho.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 3.2K 61
7 agents, 4 mysterious girls and 1 enemy. Vsoo ft. Blacktan [[All copyrights reserved]]
65.8K 2.1K 21
When Jennie Kim only wants to live her own life, Jisoo, her bestfriend forces her to get a new job as a cook in a big company where the CEO is unknow...
3.1K 134 34
when two heartless souls meet each other, will they become each other's heart, or will destruction follow them? Read more to find o...
133K 2.7K 29
"I still love you, Kim Taehyung" "Jennie, forever may not be for us, but I will still love you until my last breath" Taehyung cheated on Jennie wit...