lovesick ➳ destiel oneshots

By douxdestiel

Destiel oneshots! A lot of these prompts will either be found online or some I'll base off of episodes. Mostl... More

cat•astrophe
super•spooky•natural
mem•o•ries
nick•names
stitch•es
sur•ro•gate
scar•wor•ship
teas•ing
sam•my
sleep•y
hug•gy
watch•ing
sketch•es
lack•a•dai•si•cal
tan•gled
you•geek
this•is•how
i•need•you
im•pala
sick•ness
spoil•ing
shop•ping•spree
flow•ers

lost•and•found

438 15 18
By douxdestiel

description: Cas keeps saying they're lost, but Dean won't admit that they are.

note: Day one of my writing challenge! to be a better ally for the community, I decided that this would be a fun idea! Also, please no twist and shout references. It's just milkshakes.

words: 2,074

"Dean, we are lost." Cas prompted for what seemed like the seventh-billionth time.

Currently, the both of them were driving back to Kansas, as they had just finished a vampire hunt In Illinois, and both of their phones were dead, with no recollection of how to get home.

"No, we're not, dude!" Dean said, annoyance tanging in his voice. "I know how to get home."

"Dean, that is the third time I have seen that street sign." he replied, his hands tenderly in his lap, interlocked together. They had been driving for three hours, with no signal that they were close.  "I know we are lost."

The hunter looked over, seeing his boyfriend whose eyes were like his brother's puppy eyes. He blinked, rolling his eyes at the same time. Cas always accidentally did that face, and it prompted Dean and he would do whatever Cas wanted. It was annoying, but admittedly Dean loved it. They had been dating for quite some time now, and everybody knew about it and everybody loved their relationship. Relieved, Dean was extremely happy that they all supported him.

"Dean, look! It's Biggerson's. We can stop there, get food and ask for directions." the angel smiled. Dean refused to let his boyfriend zap him anywhere, because the last time he did, he couldn't shit for a whole entire week. And so, they always drove everywhere.

Admittedly, Dean enjoyed having the love of his life in the Impala with him. He preferred having long, relaxing drives with him rather than cheating and just teleporting. But the week thing was true. 

"Okay, we can go and eat. But if they're no help then you owe me thirteen kisses." Dean smiled.

"And if they're right, then you owe me thirteen." the angel smiled back, excited that he knew he would win.

When they started dating, Cas started seducing Dean with tender kisses to urge him to do something. Whether it was buying chocolate milk (Castiel's favorite drink), to make a decision for a movie, what food they would eat. They would also place bets to make the competition better. When they did place bets, they would both compete really hard. Even so much so, that they would try to stop each other with every fiber of their bodies. Dean, was very competitive, and Cas, was just in it for the kisses. Once, Dean and Cas bet on who would win laser tag, and the bet was sixty kisses. Dean had trapped Cas in a corner, kissed him, and shot him. Cas was flabbergasted, and was eliminated from the game. Afterwards, it took a long time for Cas to owe him that many.

They parked at the driveway of Biggerson's, parked next to three different cars. Cas got out and began walking to the entrance of the colorful-signed fast food joint. Dean quickly got out before Cas could win the bet.

"Hey!" he called out, jogging around the Impala and over to Cas' side. Before the angel opened the door, Dean did it himself and walked in, leaving Cas behind him.

Cas let out a humph and the door shut on him before he could get inside. He stood there with the door shut, watching Dean go to the counter to order food. He opened the door and rushed to his side. There were people watching him, he could feel their glares. It always made Cas immensely uncomfortable when people stared. He didn't want any strangers to know he was an angel. Well, technically at the moment he was no angel. That's what he always told himself. What's an angel without wings or powers? What's an angel who rebelled against heaven for a man he loved? Not Castiel, that's who.

"Okay. I just ordered us two bacon cheeseburgers and a cookie dough milkshake and a peanut butter milkshake." Dean said, flashing his teeth through his smile.

"The peanut butter one is for me?" Cas replied excitingly.

"Yeah, man.  I know pb is your favorite."

The angel, ignoring people's stares and comments, swooped in a kiss to Dean. Putting his soft lips on his, he gave a quick peck. Dean bit his lip and looked around. There was a middle-aged couple, and the woman looked at Dean like his head was cut off. He looked down, and then back up. He too, was insecure but he didn't care.

"Order fifty-nine for Dean!"

"Ah, that's our food." Dean said, giving Cas another peck on the cheek. They were still standing, waiting for the food until then.

Dean grabbed the red plastic tray with two wrapped up cheeseburgers and two milkshakes in styrofoam cups with the company's logo on it. Cas went over and grabbed his milkshake, and walked to the section with condiments, napkins, and utensils. He grabbed a few napkins and then two wrapped up straws for the both of them.

The crowd in the inside of the place was quiet, there was one family of four, that middle-aged couple, a group of friends, and Dean and Cas. There, of course were the employees, working busy in the back. Also, there were occasionally people who would come in to pick up food, or cars that would rush by in the drive-through. 

They sat there in the booth, with Dean facing the door and Cas facing the other side. Dean always faced the door just in case somebody comes in, and so therefore Dean could be ready for anything. To protect Cas, and everybody else in the restaurant. Well, maybe except for that middle-aged Karen, eating salad. Who the hell has the audacity to go to a fast food chain to order salad? Ah, Sammy. That's who. Sammy is a fifty-five year old woman confirmed. Dean smiled. That's why he would refuse to cut his hair shorter.

Cas put one of the straws down and began opening his own. He stuck it in the plastic lid of his milkshake and began sucking. The thick, peanut butter flavored liquid churned down his throat.

"This is delicious, Dean!" he smiled like a kid in a candy shop, his eyes glowing up.

Dean unwrinkled his papered cheeseburger and took a bite. "Well, I'm glad you like it."

After they finished eating, Cas went up to the counter again to have one more final request. Dean was throwing away the trash and putting the tray in its respective spot, it clattering and eventually fitting around the other trays. He wiped down the table with a napkin and threw that away too.

Cas was talking to a man who seemed to have no help. He was talking rapidly in a language that Dean recognized as Spanish. And Cas, trying to understand key words from watching a particular telenovela that Dean had watched with him, was struggling.

"Gracias. Perdonados." Dean replied, he too, was struggling trying to remember how to say "excuse us". Thank God for Spanish soap operas.

He ushered Cas over, away from the nice man. "I don't think we need any help, okay baby?"

"Dean, I promise we do. You're gonna owe me those kisses."

"Nuh uh. You are." he smiled back. "I'll get those fourteen."

"Fourteen? It was thirteen." he tilted his head like he did, and squinted his eyes.

"Oh? What if you do win and I owe you fourteen now?"

"Well I will. So it is fourteen, now."

Dean turned around and was met with the middle-aged woman that gave him the stink eye earlier, giving a fake smile. He fought the urge to completely roll his eyes to the back of his head.

"I saw that you two fellows were having trouble over here. Are you lost?"

"Yes." Castiel said.

"No." Dean said.

They both looked at each other and gave each other the look that said, "I'm right, dude."

"Well, where are you two tryna go?" her thick southern accent was immensely obnoxious, almost to the point where the both of them couldn't understand her. Conservative, probably.

"Northern Kansas." Dean smiled an equally as fake grin, almost as if he was mocking her.

"Ah, well all ya gotta do is ask for directions! You see that stop sign over there?" she pointed outside of the fast food chain and onto a street that had a stop sign, with a fork in the road. "Well you turn right, right there and you'll be headin' on your way to the Sunflower State!"

Cas thought she was being kind, yet Dean knew something was up. She was too kind, almost as if she was completely faking it. She looked over at her supposed husband who looked angry, like  as if he didn't want her to talk to him.

"Thank you, ma'am." Cas took the both of her hands to shake then and Dean saw the emotion shift in both her smile and her face. Like she was being burned alive but wasn't trying to scream.

"Of... of course." she looked surprised that the angel was actually being warmhearted.

She went over, back to her table with her husband who was sipping on coffee. She whispered something to him and they both let out a huge, belly-filled laughter. Dean looked over to see that the woman was applying hand sanitizer. Maybe she was a germaphobe. Dean and Cas stepped out of the restaurant, Cas holding the door for Dean. They took turns opening the doors for each other, and Dean had reset it, since he opened the door for himself and shut it on Cas, trying to be funny. So, Cas decided that it was his turn.

Dean got into the Impala and Cas got in next to him. Both Dean and Castiel felt full from their meals, so they would be good for a while. 

"So I guess you owe me fourteen kisses." Cas' gruff voice spoke after Dean started the ignition.

"Not yet. We gotta get back home first, baby." he replied, shifting the gears into reverse to get out of their parking spot, there was a tight smirk on the side of his lip.

Getting out of the parking lot, they went to the fork in the road and turned right on the stop sign, just like the lady had said. After driving for a while, with hand holding and jamming out to Dean's favorite bands, they reached a red light, which was Dean's perfect opportunity to swoop in again and steal a kiss from his beloved angel. Cas, looking over, shock on his face, replied with a sharp "Hey!" and a "Not fair!" to which Dean replied with a laughter that made Castiel's world go round. Everything about Dean was perfect. His smile and the way the sun reflects off his eyes, the finger tapping on the steering wheel to the beat of the current song, the stolen kisses, or what the angel likes to call them, bandit kisses. 

They drove for about an hour, expecting to be in Kansas any minute. They hadn't seen any state signs for a while, but Dean was pretty sure he knew where he was.

"Dean!" Cas yelled, startling Dean and causing their hands to unlace together. 

"God, Cas, you don't do that-" Dean shook his head, rambling on as Cas was trying to find words. "You could've caused me to-"

"That sign says 'Wisconsin welcomes you'!"

"What? No it doesn't."

Cas was pointing at a sign, his arm extended outward. The sign, indeed, was a carved out, wooden frame of the state of Wisconsin, with the words that Castiel read engraved in the wood. Goddamnit! That old ass Karen gave them the incorrect directions! Dean knew he couldn't trust her, there was no way in hell a perfect, sweet lady would wear flared black jeans with that pink shirt. Son of a bitch.

"Well, I guess you owe me fourteen kisses, baby." Dean smiled, biting his lip over at the angel who had his arms crossed. "Oh, that's what? Cas: nineteen. Dean: twenty-two!"

"Pucker up then, Dean." he replied with a phrase that he learned from a song.

And it turns out, they were never lost. They found each other and that was all that mattered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 9.6K 60
Just your usual Destiel Oneshot book filled with fluff, smut, sadness, and the occasional chapter that will make you say "what the actual frick?" (TH...
7.2K 511 16
just some destiel one shots- with a few other supernatural ships mixed in every now and again- I write when I am bored. there will be au, fluff, sadn...
10.5K 514 34
A collection of destiel oneshots (and more)! Requests are open! Word count: 23,630 *contains mature content
429 21 21
This book is a collection of Supernatural One Shots. Fluff, Angst and also mostly Destiel.