The Nerd's Secret |Ongoing|

By Not_Just_Anonymous

Note: I don't believe you need to read the first book but I think it'd be more fun if you did. (The Bad Boy's... More

Copyright ©
☫ Chapter 1 ☫
☫ Chapter 2 ☫
☫ Chapter 3 ☫
☫ Chapter 4 ☫
☫ Chapter 5 ☫
☫ Chapter 6 ☫
☫ Chapter 7 ☫
☫ Chapter 8 ☫
☫ Chapter 9 ☫
☫ Chapter 10 ☫
☫ Chapter 11 ☫
☫ Chapter 12 ☫
☫ Chapter 13 ☫
☫ Chapter 14 ☫
☫ Chapter 15 ☫
☫ Chapter 16 ☫
☫ Chapter 17 ☫
☫ Chapter 18 ☫
☫ Chapter 19 ☫
☫ Chapter 20 ☫
☫ Chapter 21 ☫
☫ Chapter 22 ☫
☫ Chapter 23 ☫
☫ Chapter 24 ☫
☫ Chapter 25 ☫
☫ Chapter 26 ☫
☫ Chapter 27 ☫
☫ Chapter 28 ☫
☫ Chapter 29 ☫
☫ Chapter 30 ☫
☫ Chapter 31 ☫
☫ Chapter 32 ☫
☫ Chapter 34 ☫
☫ Chapter 35 ☫
☫ Chapter 36 ☫

☫ Chapter 33 ☫

805 44 162
By Not_Just_Anonymous

☫ Chapter 33 ☫

Dark Wonder had a hand on his hip.

     I watched as he repeatedly tapped his index finger on his chin, seemingly in deep thought. Which in itself is ridiculous. Not the notion of him being in deep thought, but it's the fact that the situation did not call for it. 

     "Why don't you get all the flavors?" I suggested and spared a glance at my watch. Oh right. It's still broken. I should get a new watch. I looked around for a clock and caught the time before returning to Dark Wonder. "We really should be going."

     "There's a science," C.U spoke through the intercom. "If he gets all the flavors and ends up fighting someone then they'll get mixed up and what's even the point if that happens. You understand, right?"

     I pursed my lips. "I can understand," I agreed and crossed my arms over my chest. "But we've been here too long."

     Here was 7-Eleven. Dark Wonder insisted on taking the stop before we sneak into the super drug base. We've been here for twenty minutes now and he was still deciding on his Slurpee. The size, flavor, and as far as the type of straw. Which is apparently the most significant decision of all. Of course, that's a paraphrased version of his words. He had fan-freaking-tastic sprinkled in there somewhere.

      It must be nice to be passionate about something like that. I thought with a closed-lip smile and shook my head. Everything is more exciting with that mindset.

     He reminded me of those cheerleaders that come late to class with a Starbucks in there freshly manicured hands. No one had the gall to do that themselves other than them. It was almost respected. Kelly comes in with a Starbucks too but she's not late to class. Anyway, Dark Wonder is just like that. We were about to set off on a dramatic quest and yet here we are at 7-Eleven, chilling. The pun wasn't deliberate but now that I've realized it, I've decided to italicize it. So yes, we had an elaborate calculated plan yet here we are without a care in the world and only a care on the Slurpee. 

     "Come on, Tinkerbell." Dark Wonder waved his hand to the Slurpee machine, gesturing for me to join him. "You want one too, don't you?"

     Every word sounded like he was taunting me. Maybe it was the Tinkerbell although I don't mind it anymore. It's like a nickname and you only get nicknames once you get comfortable with each other. So that means we have this comfortably established something going on. It's basic arithmetic, right? I could deal with being called Tinkerbell. I just hope he doesn't have any more glitter because that takes way too long to get out in the shower.

     It's probably his tone that makes me uncomfortable. 

     Does he always have to sound so condescending?. 

     "No, thank you," I declined and took a cautious step back. "It's too cold for a Slurpee."

     "Maybe you're just too cold for a Slurpee," he replied sharply with a menacing glare and turned his back to me.

      Okay? I feel like that was a bit unnecessary. "I'll wait in the line, then."

     "Oh, we don't pay," Dark Wonder said nonchalantly and finally made his decision. 

     I closed my eyes and took in a breath when I saw his choice. Coca-Cola. Only Coca-Cola. Did that decision actually warrant a whole twenty-plus minutes? 

     As he snapped a lid on, he continued to explain, "They like me here."

     "Shocking," I deadpanned and frowned at his words. "But I think we should pay."

     "Nah." He took large gulps of his Slurpee and refilled it once more.

     My eyes widened as he carried on to drink his Slurpee and refill it. I stopped him and heatedly whispered, "What are you doing? That's stealing."

     "First of all, relax. It's not stealing," he corrected and grabbed a Snickers chocolate bar.

     I waited for him to continue with what he was going to say but it didn't seem like he had anything else to add. "And?" I prompted him to go on.

     "And what?" He raised an eyebrow and ripped open the wrapping of the Snickers bar.

     "You said first of all," I answered and followed him around the shop. "What's the second of all?"

     "There's no second of all. I keep things short and I'm always right," he declared openly and without any doubt. Well, then. He bent down and grabbed a couple of donuts. "Buy one get one free! Isn't that great?"

     "But you're not paying anyway," I said and bent down next to him, scanning the buy one get one section. I wonder if they have any cheap protein bars. 

     "You don't need to rain down on my parade," he grumbled and passed me a few packs of donuts to carry for him. "Besides, this way you can get your share without feeling like a thief. Even though there's no reason to feel that way but like whatever you say, big guy."

     Huh. That's considerate of him.

     "But we're mostly wearing normal clothes. Other than the eye mask and face mask," I informed him before we made our way out of 7-Eleven. "How will they know it's you when we leave?"

     Before we left the abandoned house that was the superhero hideout, I recommended us changing into clothes that would blend in so we wouldn't get any attention as we scout the base. And that we'll need to just cover our face. If I knew we would be making a stop at 7-Eleven I would never have offered the idea up. We look incredibly suspicious. I'm surprised no one called the police on us. 

     "Am I the only one with a brain here?" He sighed and even though most of his face was covered, the glare was evident in his expression. "You'll just flap your wings and then they'll know it's us."

     "I have money on me. Please, let me pay."

     I don't want to 'rain down on his parade' but I also don't want to use my superpowers for something like this. 

     "I'm going to show you something," Dark Wonder responded sagely.

     I raised an eyebrow.

    He walked to the checkout and motioned for me to come by his side. I blew up my cheeks and reluctantly went to his side. He pointed at a frame on the wall that was behind the register. My eyes widened.

     It was a picture of Dark Wonder, holding a Slurpee and smirking at the camera. Engraved on the wooden frame it read 'Dark Wonder loves our Slurpees!' and it had a date. I did a mental calculation and came to a conclusion.

     "Were you the guy that saved 7-Eleven some months ago?" I asked. I remember it being on the news when I was babysitting Layla and Tobe.

     "Yes," he answered. "So you see, this is what happens when you're famous, Blue Gravity. Don't question my credibility again."

     I simply stared at him. How do I respond to that?

     "Now that I've taken over 7-Eleven, Snickers is next."

     Now he's just getting ahead of himself. He saves one 7-Eleven and he's come to the assumption that he owns the place. If he saved the Whitehouse, would he think he'll own America? Would he run for president? I'm imagining this and it's an amusing idea. It's a shame were far away from Washington D.C. I wonder how it would play out.

     "And so, they let me have everything for free whenever I need," he finished his somewhat explanation. 

     At this point, I'll go with the flow. I can always come back and put money in the tip jar or something like that. It comes down to about $6.89 and with tax, I'll throw in a couple more dollars for good measure. So it'll be ten dollars.

     The cashier looked at Dark Wonder and me with raised eyebrows. She tilted her head, most likely deciding whether we were a threat or not. We did look terrifying. At least, I think so. Although, I'm certain that she overheard the conversation that happened between Dark Wonder and me. It would be nice if we can conclude this excursion as soon as possible.

     "Dark Wonder!" She beamed and turned her attention to me. "And you're Blue Gravity, aren't you?"

     "Flap your wings, Blue Gravity." Dark Wonder snickered and leaned against the counter. "Show the nice cashier your talents."

     I rolled my eyes and with a sigh, I made his Slurpee float. If I'm going to listen to him, I mine as well annoy him in the process.

     He clicked his tongue and protectively grabbed his Slurpee. "Rude."

     "Wow! That's so cool!" The cashier gushed enthusiastically. "That must be fun."

     "Sometimes," I said and offered a smile. I realized she couldn't see my smile with the mask covering my lips. Embarrassed, I rubbed the base of my neck and pulled onto Dark Wonder's sweater. "Let's go."

     "You're like a child." He shook his head in what appeared to be disappointment. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Like, calm down. Find your inner chill, man. You're embarrassing me in front of the nice cashier."

     My face burned and I was suddenly grateful that we were wearing these masks. I let go of his sweater and avoided his gaze. I need to say something witty back. Something to redeem myself and throw him off guard.

     Something...what to say...hmm.

     Why am I drawing a blank? I'm sure there's something I can say back. If anything, he's the one who's embarrassing. Oh! I know what to do. Act like I'm not bothered. No reactive response is the best response. It used to work with Chad.

     "Sure sure. I'm so sorry," I conceded in a bored tone and waved my hand dismissively. I looked at the cashier who was still grinning at us. Playfully I asked, "Do you think Dark Wonder will forgive me?"

     She started to giggle. "If he doesn't, I will."

     I flushed at the way she said that. I feel like I just entered some uncharted territory. 

     "Fan-freaking-tastic!" Dark Wonder groaned. "Now you're flirting with the nice cashier."

     Wait, what?! We're not flirting. I looked at Dark Wonder and the cashier. They thought I was flirting?

     "Here," she said with a wink and handed me a slip of paper with a phone number. "Text me some time."

     Wait! What's happening? This wasn't the plan. 

     "Uh, thanks." I took the paper and slipped it in my pocket. 

     The tips of my ears went red and I stared at the floor very much confused with the turn of events. How did this happen? I don't even know her name. 

    "Nice!" C.U. chuckled through the intercom. "I didn't think you had it in you."

     "Let-Let's go," I stuttered and dragged Dark Wonder with me to the exit. I waved a quick polite goodbye and hid my face when she responded with a flirtatious slow wave. 

     It's because I'm a superhero. Don't overthink this, Jeremiah. 

     "Well, thanks for making things awkward," Dark Wonder blurted out once we were outside.

     I ran a hand through my hair sheepishly. "I didn't think it would escalate like that."

     "Whatever," he brushed it off which was probably the kindest thing he's ever done for me since I've met him. "Take a donut and make me fly. We've got people to see and places to go."

     "Can I hold you up instead?" I asked him as I slid my face mask off and took a bite of one of the powdered donuts. I swallowed it down and said, "It takes a lot of energy to make you fly for so long and I think it would be better to get there not exhausted."

     "Fine," he agreed childishly. He sounded like Tobe did when he was forced to go to the park with Layla and me.

     In one hand Dark Wonder had his Slurpee and in his other hand was a bag filled with the buy one get one free products and Snickers bars. I stifled a laugh and gripped his shoulders from behind him. Once I felt like I had a proper and safe grip, I flew.

     "I think we'll be there in five minutes or so," I informed him as we soared through the sky.

      And we were. In approximately five minutes we arrived. In another five minutes, we managed to sneak into the super drug base without a hitch. Which is, you know, something that doesn't happen. Matters going smoothly, that is. Of course, this prompted justified anxiety for me. We are all aware of the fact that when everything is going well, nothing is going well. It's been established. Dark Wonder, unfortunately, wasn't privy to the conversation you and I had. As a result, he was breezing through the area and leaving crumbs of powered donuts behind his every step. 

     I could never be that composed.

     "You're leaving a trail behind," I said and quickly cleaned up the mess of powdered donut crumbs.

     "Gotta make sure we find our way back."   

     "Right." I nodded, saving my energy for something more useful than a baseless debate. 

     You come to a point in life where you realize there's no point in arguing. That nothing will come out of it other than wasted time and energy--lost power. One can even say superpower. There's a science joke and super joke in there. I'll stop. Usually, I'd entertain conversations with Dark Wonder because it always gets interesting. Now was not one of those times.

     I continued to clean up the evidence of us being here as he, unconcerned, ate his powdered donuts. There really is something amazing about his carefree attitude. Hopefully, it doesn't come back to bite us.

      With that last thought, it of course did just that. 

     Dark Wonder raised his arm to my side, stopping me from walking. His eyes narrowed. He placed a finger over his masked mouth. A gesture to be quiet. I looked around. Did he hear someone?

     I inched closer to him and questioned him with my eyes.

     "Someone's coming," he whispered.

     "How close are they?" 

     "Close," was his unhelpful answer.

     I blew up my cheeks and scanned the area for a place to hide. We were in a warehouse of some sort. We had walked on the second floor where the structure revealed the first floor. Due to the timing of entering, we only now have made it to where it seemed like the main point of the drug base stood. The huge lab. Something to note: we didn't do any breaking and entering, we simply entered from a side door. And there wasn't any no trespassing sign, thus, technically we have not done anything illegal. However, that's not the point and if we were to get caught by the police then so would those in the super drug base and that's not so terrible. 

     As a result of presently standing in a place where anyone could see us, we had to move quickly.

     "There's literally nowhere to hide," Dark Wonder muttered, annoyed.

     He's not wrong. The crates were against the walls and in fact, every object was against the wall. While this made everything look clean and spacious, it was also inconvenient. It's a shame we can't turn invisible. 

    At the sound of footsteps, I stopped thinking and instantly flew up. I brought Dark Wonder with me. We clung to the ceiling. The ceiling was high and the warehouse didn't have the best lighting. We were safe and away from view.

     I held in my breath as a person passed by. They looked like they were in their twenties. Like a college student. I frowned. Maybe getting caught by the police wouldn't be so helpful.

     A sudden twinkling sound escaped from my pocket. It was loud enough for all to hear. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that it was coming from my phone. I took out my phone and turned the volume off. I noticed that I received a text message from Jude. What did he text me?

     "Rule number one. Always turn your phone off!" Dark Wonder barked, not bothering to be quiet anymore.

     We were already caught.  I messed up. Well, then.

    "Who's up there?!" The person yelled and continued by demanding, "Get down!" 

     Dark Wonder scoffed. "Because we're going to listen to the bad guys so easily."

     He had a point. We could easily just stay up by the ceiling. 

     "If you won't come down then I'll make you!" They announced. Immediately they took something out of their pocket and stuffed it in their mouth. As their body shifted and spazzed, I realized that they swallowed a super drug pill.

     How are people swallowing these pills without water?! Am I missing something here? It makes no sense. I wonder if perhaps the pill is not as solid as it first appears. Maybe it becomes a liquid or something. The science isn't important right now, but I'll definitely think about that more later. We're about to deal with another superhuman today.

     I'm getting tired of this. Not physically. But mentally. It's not original anymore. Sure, it's intriguing to find out more about the super drug with every incident. Still, I rather not go about it like this.

     Similar to the student today, this person was in pain. I realized things would not go well for us when light shot out of their eyes. 

     "So you see the laser eyes too, right?" 

     I mutely nodded.

     Unlike the other cases, this person was highly aware and functioning of themselves. Whether that was a good thing or bad thing was yet to be discovered. I'd hypothesize that it's not a good thing. Because, well, now the person can deliberately hurt us with a logical plan and all.

     "Get me down there." Dark Wonder nudged me. "I'll deal with him and you can go gather intel." 

     "Are you sure?" I asked and managed to swiftly avoid getting shot by the laser eyes. To be perfectly honest, this is terrifying. 

     "Are you saying I can't handle this by myself?"

     "I'm saying you don't have to handle this by yourself."

     "Cute. I see what you did there," he replied, impressed with my word choice. "But let's be efficient. Besides, you're not that helpful. You don't look like the kind of guy who would be good at laser tag."

     Who was the one who complained about my absence at the student super drug incident today? Sounded like I would have been helpful then. Hmm. I'm only pointing it out. Also, I've never played laser tag before but his assumption there is fair based on the all the times he's seen me fight. And then, of course, proceed to insult me or belittle me.

     Dark Wonder is a great person.

     "Okay, fine," I agreed and set him down to the ground.

     He said something that I couldn't hear. Shrugging it off, I discreetly flew away. I stayed near the ceiling and examined what the lab had. It was all set up in a productive way, I had to admit. Stationed at the front where a table stood, was a laboratory apparatus. I noticed glass flasks filled with a liquid substance. Is that the evolutionary side experiment contents I asked about in Dr. Robterson's lab? It looks like it. Maybe it's a modified version.

     Next to the scientific table there laid another table. It had packaging equipment. Small ziplock bags and super drugs. And at the last table, near an exit, slips of papers with writings were being stapled on the ziplock bags. I couldn't see exactly what was written but I think it could be information to do with the consumer. Or maybe a description of some sort. I should get my hands on one of those.

     There were three rows of this. The system was disturbingly done well. It's incredibly frustrating. We need to stop this as soon as possible. I'd love to simply call the authorities and have them get rid of this, but how would solve the situation in the long run? We don't want a short term solution. If we can find the source of the problem, we eliminate it, and that way it can't be reproduced. It's a vague idea and Dark Wonder and I will have to turn this thought into something concrete.

     If I could talk to Dr. Robertson and get him to stop this, that would be ideal. Naive as well. The conversation we had today gives me a little hope, though. 

     Then again, it could be that Dr. Robertson isn't even in charge of this and has no idea someone is using his work. I mentioned that theory before. It's important to consider all options.

     I pursed my lips. I need to get more information. These theories need to be decided tonight. The case needs to move forward. 

     Feeling bold, I flew down to the first floor. I noticed areas I could hide by. Different from the second floor, not everything was placed against the walls. I moved by a large box, ducking to the ground and peaked my head up so I could see everything from a closer perspective. I felt like I was ten again and trying to sneak into the kitchen to take extra muffins. Jeff was helpful when we did that. He'd distract mom and dad while my tiny self grabbed as much as I could. Somehow we were never caught. I'm sure mom and dad knew what was going on.

     I smiled behind the mask. Yeah...they definitely knew.

     "When it's Spring Break. That's the best time," I overheard someone say.

     Spring Break is in the middle of March. That's in less than three weeks. What's the plan they're discussing?

     The person speaking had their side to me. They wore a white lab coat and I could see them holding a clipboard. In front of them was a man who seemed to be in charge of a station here.  The person in the white lab coat slowly turned their head in my direction.

      I clasped a hand over my mouth, my gasp muffled. I lowered myself so that my head wouldn't poke out. My heartbeat raced. A pit in my stomach dropped.

     Dr. Robertson...no...no. I...I was hoping he wouldn't be here. I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case. 

     I'm going to throw up. 

     Turns out I'm not as emotionally prepared for this confirmation as I thought I'd be. 

     "Okay, we'll be ready then," the man replied. "We'll stop distributing for now and once Spring Break starts everything will be done."

     "Perfect." Dr. Robertson smiled. My frown deepened. "That will keep things under wrapped."

      What does he mean? What does any of this mean? I can't think very logically right now. Not with Dr. Robertson smiling at the idea of sending super drugs out. Does he actually think he's helping society? What a careless convoluted completely cruel criminal thought. This alliteration is a bit much. I agree. 

     I'm just feeling a lot of things right now.

     For example, what the hell? What the hell is a valid feeling. It's a feeling of betrayal. But that's not the point. I'll deal with my feelings later. 

     I need to take pictures so I can look into all this in more detail with Dark Wonder. I need to take notes on what I'm hearing. I took out my phone, attempting to find the camera app. After a bit of time, I found it and started to take pictures. 

     Too deep in the task at hand, I didn't notice the person behind me.

     "Who's there?!" An alarmed familiar voice barked.

     I turned around, eyes wide, and feeling like my heart got caught in my throat. Jeff stood in front of me, looking down at me with a snarl. A flicker of recognition gleamed in his eyes. I almost stopped breathing. He knows it's me!

     "You!"

     What do I do? What do I do? Why is Jeff at the super drug base? He's more involved than I initially thought. I don't know what to do! I'm panicking. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I'm getting dizzy. This is all too much for one night. Today in general was too much.

     With a sigh, I started to speak, "Jef--"

     "You're the guy from this morning! You stole the super drugs."

     Oh. Oh. Okay. This isn't so bad. I mean, it would have been nicer of him not to yell that for all to hear but it's definitely better than what I was thinking. 

     My heart race calmed down. I breathed in a sigh of relief. 

     All eyes were on us. So I got caught. Yes. That's understood. But my cover is only somewhat blown. This is good. To be perfectly honest, I'm content with the turn of events. 

     "Well then," I muttered under my breath. 

     I immediately flew up. I chuckled at Jeff's gobsmacked expression. I shouldn't be so amused. It makes me feel evil. But it's a little hilarious how shocked he gets around superpowers. He's literally working in a super drug base. You'd think he'd get used to it. 

     Dr. Robertson looked up at me, his eyes narrowed. I awkwardly avoided his gaze. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted. He was assessing me. Studying me. His expression relaxed for a moment and then he nodded. And I can tell the nod was to himself. As if he had come to a conclusion.

     I didn't understand what all that meant but I was aware of one thing. I needed to get out of here.

     Not bothering to think about it anymore, I flew in the direction of where I left Dark Wonder to fight. I caught sight of Dark Wonder sitting down on a person. He was relaxing. The person was the one who had the laser eyes. Dark Wonder must have been able to knock him out cleanly. That doesn't explain why he is sitting on him. The person is unconscious. Harmless. In addition, it's not nice to sit on people. 

     But he knows that.

     "I have to make sure he stays put," he said, answering my unasked question.

     I merely shook my head. "We have to get out of here."

     "What did you do now?" He groaned dramatically.

     "Don't worry about it," I assured him. "I found out some information. First, let's leave."

     He rolled his eyes. I chuckled at that.

☫ * ☫ * ☫ * ☫

     I stood in front of the front door of my house, biting down on my lower lip and pacing back and forth in the small amount of space on the patio. I sucked in a breath, holding it in and letting it out. I shook my hands as if the action would shake away my anxiety. The cool air didn't help my nerves.

    It should be okay, I lied to myself.

     It's late. It's the morning and night kind of late. Could even be around three in the morning. When I left the superhero hideout it was nearing three in the morning. I had explained to Dark Wonder all I heard and saw. I also showed him the pictures. I didn't tell him that I know Dr. Robertson. I didn't mention Dr. Robertson's name at all. I should tell him something about that at some point. 

     I stared at the door again.

     Grandma and grandpa are probably sleeping. There's no way Jeff would be awake. He must be tired after assisting in an illegal project. I would be tired. 

     I am tired actually. I want to sleep. I want to go to bed and cocoon myself in a blanket.

    I looked away from the door and took out my phone. I checked the text Jude sent me. It was a link to an article. The title read Signs of Emotional Abuse. The corner of my lips dragged downwards. Didn't I already tell him to stop bringing this up? Why's he sending me links? I don't want to text him back.  I'm exhausted and this is agitating me. If I say anything now I'll regret it when I wake up.

     Having no other distraction, I opened the door and entered the house. It was dark. The only light emitted was from the hallway. The tension in my shoulder relaxed. I slipped off my shoes and tiptoed around the house. I took a stop by the kitchen, suddenly hungry.

     Peanut butter sounds like a really good idea right now. Mhm. Peanut butter. With jelly. Yeah. That's an even better idea. Grandma and grandpa won't even notice that I took any food.

     I grabbed a bowl and a spoon. I scooped out a spoonful of peanut butter and jelly and put it in the bowl. Satisfied, I began to walk up the stairs. I slowly ate the peanut butter and jelly while clumsily trying to find my bedroom. This peanut butter and jelly is surprisingly disgusting. I continued to eat it, feeding my hunger.

     Maybe it was because I was tired. Maybe it's because I didn't eat enough and peanut butter and jelly isn't a nutritional substitute for the lack of breakfast and dinner. It could have been a combination of the two. Regardless of the reasoning, I managed to trip over my own two feet and fall to the floor with a loud thump. 

     Almost immediately, grandpa came out of his room. He's always been a light sleeper.

      I gulped when I received an angry glare. I was on the floor, not yet fully back up. The bowl of peanut butter and jelly had landed next to grandpa. Grandpa wrinkled his nose. I looked away. His eyes are the same color blue as mine. As moms. 

     "What are you doing?" He asked me. "It's the middle of the night."

     I pouted sheepishly, heat spreading down my neck and feeling like a little kid.

     "Uh...I go-got hungry," I lamely defended.

     Probably not the best answer.

     "Hungry?" He echoed accusingly. "That's right. You weren't here after school. And now you're coming home late, taking food, and making a ruckus." 

     Where is he going with this? 

     "I'm um...I--uh um I'm so-sorry," I stammered, gradually feeling like an idiot.

     I should have just gone to bed hungry. The peanut butter and jelly didn't even taste good. Sigh. Why can't I speak normally whenever I get caught? Or whenever grandma and grandpa look at me like that.

     I shrunk under his gaze, unsure of what to do with myself. 

     "You're about to be sixteen and you're acting like this?" He scolded.

    He remembers that it's going to be my birthday? I smacked my lips together, pressing down on my lips so as not to let myself smile. I think my birthday's this weekend. He's right. I will be sixteen soon. I do need to get my act together. Grow up. Be less sensitive. Be more...just be more...

     "I didn't--I didn't mean to make n-noise," I told him. "I'm sorry."

     He scoffed. "You didn't mean to?"

    I watched with a frown as he shook his head. My throat went dry. The peanut butter and jelly had my stomach churning. Grandpa muttered some words under his breath and went back into his room.

    Once he closed the door behind him I ran to the bathroom. I opened the toilet seat and threw up. 

     I shouldn't have eaten the peanut butter and jelly. I've been feeling nauseous all day. I feel so gross. I feel dirty. I feel too many different things.

     Groaning, I hugged my knees. My eyes starting to sting and water. I quickly wiped my eyes. I cupped my face, not understanding why I wanted to just cry. 

     Today was mostly a good day. I did a lot of things today. I got more information on the case. I'm going to do good.  So why do I feel like this?

     I closed my eyes. I saw Jeff. I saw grandma and grandpa. I saw Dr. Robertson. They're all frowning at me. I opened my eyes. Everything became blurry. A sharp pain made me clutch my stomach. 

     I wiped my eyes again.

     I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing myself to not think anymore and to allow myself to breathe. There, without a blanket to cocoon myself in, I stayed by the toilet. I didn't realize I fell asleep until the next morning.

________________________________________

A/N

Heyyyy humans! 

*insert the most awkward chuckle* Let's just skip over the apology and how long it's been, we see that in every author note lololol.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, you know I did. (¬‿¬) Haha. Emotions are everywhere yay. Did you guys catch any little hints? Yeet. They be all over the place. Honestly though, poor baby. Aww let's point at him and aww because aww. It's only going to get worse from here. Ngl. 

DW and BG is always a good time. I can't breathe when I write Lucas. Y'all I dieeeee. And Jeremiah lowkey done with him is such a blast I can't even describe what it's like to write these scenes. To not have Jeremiah curse is so difficult bec I would have said eff it but he wouldn't have and so we have this Jeremiah who says what the hell instead. It's hard on the writer.

The book is moving guys. It's going places *clapping hands*. They are putting things together (finally) What do you think might happen? 

I made a gif lol, this is far as my skills can go but it's a present for you guys since it's been a while. I can't draw Jer how I want exactly but this is pretty close. XD

THEORIES INSPIRE WRITING (imma just leave that here)

On a serious note, I have a trigger warning on the book description but do you guys want me to have one at the beginning of the chapter and say like "see a/n for trigger warning" so I can show you what might trigger you without spoilers? Lemme know. I've been debating on what to do with future chapters bec shiz is gonna get a bit real.

Please vote, comment, share, smile, live life!

P.S: if you have any tips, ideas, suggestions please pm me, that would be awesome. Any idea is good because I could just base a chapter off of it and update quicker ;-). So if there's a certain thing that you want to happen just comment it!

Love ya'll <3

Yours truly,

A N O N Y M O U S 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...
1.3M 32.3K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
245K 6.3K 54
-BOOK 1- The first book in the series of "Thrill in Danger" books. Its not your typical bad boy or bad girl story. Its something bigger, its betraya...
173 53 15
~~~~The first chapter is a slow start, but it picks up. Not many chapters, but they're pretty long.~~~~ "I would never judge you. You're more than yo...