SHADOWS ⧫ klaus mikaelson

By DelilahSpencer33

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES ⧫ KLAUS MIKAELSON ⧫ BOOKE ONE ⧫ SEASON TWO / THREE ⧫ Adelaide Gilbert, Elena's twin sist... More

❝ 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 ❞
❝ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡 ❞
❝ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ❞
❝ 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 ❞
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ❞
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟒 | 𝟔𝟎𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜
EDITING AND NEW CHAPTERS COMING SOON!!!!
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
CURRENT STORIES
𝟎𝟕 | 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟎𝟗 | 𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ❞
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟑𝟏 | 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
𝟑𝟐 | 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭
𝟑𝟑 | 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟑𝟒 | 𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ❞
Thank you!!!
𝟑𝟓 | 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐩
𝟑𝟔 | 𝐝𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐯𝐮
𝟑𝟕 | 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
happy new year!
thank you all so much !

𝟐𝟑 | 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

15.1K 409 111
By DelilahSpencer33

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟒

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 had already eaten the burger she had got from McDonalds and was now onto the fries - her favourite part. They were covered in ketchup, which slightly freaked her out, not because she didn't like ketchup, she loved it, but because it was the same colour as blood and the three vampires behind her were all drinking blood from people. She had sat at a makeshift table, with her back to them so she didn't have to look.

"My girl's dead. I'm bored." Despite the fact that an innocent kill had been killed, Adelaide found Rebekah amusing to listen to.

"You weren't kidding about being hungry." She heard Klaus say to Stefan.

"Yeah. It's been a long day." She heard Stefan pant. She could hear the sound of their teeth detaching from the skin of the people they were basically eating. It grossed her out, but like she had been told before, it was in vampires nature. And it wasn't like she could do anything to stop it.

"Try being related to her." Adelaide giggled at Klaus's comment towards his sister.

"You're being mean." Rebekah grumbled as Stefan laughed.

"And why are you being mean? You use to love me." To be honest, it had been ninety years.

"It's been ninety years, Rebekah. Give him a minute." Klaus told his blonde sister as Adelaide wiped her hands with the napkin she had been given, having finished the fries. She took a drink from the Diet Coke she had also gotten, turning around to see the other three. She cringed at the sight of three now very dead bodies. She felt bad for them, and almost felt like she would throw the food p that she had just eaten but she pushed the feeling down.

"Why are you taking his side?" Rebekah said unhappily at her brother, her voice whiny.

"Because, my dear sister, feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want." Klaus responded.

"Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat!" Rebekah snapped at her brother, upset.

"A thousand years of life experience says otherwise." Adelaide gave Klaus a look, telling him to stop.

"Stop being so mean to your sister Klaus. Can you blame her, you had her stuck in a box for decades." Adelaide told the hybrid, getting up and making her way over to stand beside Rebekah.

"Thank you, Adelaide. At least I know I can count on one person here."

"Well, you're no picnic, either." Stefan chuckled as he turned to Klaus, blood coating his chin and lips. "I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off." Stefan smirked while Klaus glare at him. Both Adelaide and Rebekah laughed at his comment. Rebekah laughing like a school girl would when she had an obsessive crush on a boy.

"Fantastic." She grinned at the Salvatore brother.

"I need to go." Stefan said as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, chucking the body across his lap onto the floor.

"Where's he going?" Rebekah asked the other two.

"To write a name on a wall. It's a long story." Klaus informed her.

··

Klaus left Rebekah to go and check on Gloria, while Adelaide joined him - needing fresh air after being surrounded by the strong scent of blood.

"I see you and Rebekah have become friends quickly." Klaus noted as he and Adelaide walked in the direction of the bar. It was only a fifteen minute walk. He could speed them both there but what's fifteen minutes to a vampire. He enjoyed spending time alone with Adelaide.

"Mhm," she nodded in response, joining her hands together as she walked beside the hybrid.

"Where are we going after Chicago?" She asked him.

"Wherever the necklace is." She nodded again, biting her lip.

"Why did you choose Jenna?" He seemed shocked by her sudden question, but she needed to ask it. Whether it was because she was curious or whether she thought it would bring her some sort of closure, that would allow herself to forgive Klaus.

"Pardon?"
"Why did you choose my Aunt Jenna for the sacrifice. I mean... you could have chosen any one else." She asked again, avoiding eye contact with him even though she knew he was staring at her.

"Adelaide," he stopped her in the middle of the path, as people walked around them going about their everyday business. "I regret killing your aunt, I do. Only because she was your family. But at the time... your sister had the oldest Salvatore messing up my plans. And I'm sorry for having no choice in killing your sister." She turned to him shocked that he had just apologised.

"You did have a choice though." She cried. "Why was the curse so important for you to break?"
"I didn't have a choice Adelaide." Klaus sneered back.
"Why? Why did you not have a choice. You didn't have to break the curse." She carried on, feeling herself getting worked up.

"Yes, I did. My mother was the one to place the curse on me, to stop me from being able to be who I truly was. My father hated that I was a wolf - he hated me because I was something I couldn't stop or had no say in." She listened as he began to slowly open up to her. She calmed down, watching as he breathed heavily. She reached a hand up to touch his cheek. He flinched away slightly but she didn't pull away.

"Nik," she whispered, trying to get him to look at her. "Talk to me." He slowly turned to look down at her, his head to the side so he could look into her eyes. They had tears gathering in them but she didn't let them fall. "You can talk to me about your past. I'll listen."

"But you won't understand." He told her, his voice lowering.

"Maybe, maybe not. I don't think you understand how similar we can be at times. I've always been the odd one out in my family as well. I was never the favourite no matter how hard I tried. Everyone always picked Elena over me." Adelaide shrugged, looking down, thinking that if she also opened up about herself then maybe Klaus would.

"I wouldn't." She looked back up at him confused.

"What?"
"I wouldn't pick Elena over you any day, love." He told her. I mean, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't cause well... he killed Elena. But the comment made her smile nonetheless.

"You mean that?" She scrunched her nose up, squinting from the sun shining in her eyes.

"I would never lie to you Adelaide." Klaus whispered softly, before he seemed to snap out of kind hearted Klaus that Adelaide was slowly falling for. "We need to hurry to Gloria's." She nodded, stepping back from him as her hand dropped from his shoulder, where it had moved to a few moments ago.

"Right," she coughed, sending him another smile as they began to make their way back to Gloria's bar.

··

"Gloria's gone." Klaus announced as he stormed back into the warehouse Rebekah was, Adelaide following behind him. "She's cleared out. We need to find a new witch immediately." Adelaide saw that Stefan was there as well, standing in front of the blonde Original.

"What's going on?" Klaus asked, looking between Stefan and Rebekah. Adelaide sent Stefan an alarmed look, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Something's wrong. He was asking about Michael. He's not with us, Nik. I can sense it." Rebekah told her brother, sending a look to Stefan.

"She's wrong." Stefan denied. "Klaus..." he shook his head but Klaus moved forward with his vampire speed and snapped Stefan's neck.

"Klaus," Adelaide gasped, rushing to Stefan's side as he hit the floor. She knew he could wake up eventually as he was only temporarily dead.

"Come on, love. Looks like I know where our next destination is." She looked up towards the hybrid. "Mystic Falls."

··

Adelaide sat in the front of the car as Klaus drove. Stefan had been dumped into the moving truck which carried around the coffins, Klaus's siblings were in while Rebekah sat in the back seat.
"You didn't have to snap his neck." Adelaide told Klaus.

"Yes I did." He disagreed. "I have a feeling he's hiding something. And I am going to find out what." Adelaide tried to calm her heart rate down. "Why so nervous, love?" He asked her.

"I just haven't seen anyone in so long." She lied, well it was kind of the truth. Klaus seemed to believe her though. "Who's Michael?" She asked curiously. Klaus glanced at her before looking back to the road. He sighed, tapping his finger against the steering wheel.

"A story for another time." She nodded, understanding that he would open up to her when he was ready.

"You know, I've always hated Mystic Falls." She spoke up, looking out of the side window as she held onto her seatbelt to keep it from digging into her neck.

"Why's that love?"

"Too many bad memories I guess. It just made me feel trapped. Everyone and everything is so suffocating." She explained, winding her window down slightly to get some fresh air.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked her, a small smile gracing his face.

"Rome, Paris, London, the classic destinations." She grinned dreamily, thinking of visiting all of them. "After High School I wanted to go traveling. But then the car accident happened and everything from there went downhill." She explained, her smile faltering which Klaus took notice off.

"When all this is over, and I can make my hybrids... I'll take you. Wherever you want. We'll travel the world." She looked over to him, shocked.

"Really?"

"Why not? I've done it before, and I have to say, definitely something everyone should give a go." She chuckled at him. For a moment she completely forgot about where they were heading, about Rebekah in the back of the car, about the fact that Klaus was only hours away from finding out Elena was still alive. Her mother always used to tell her to live in the moment. And that's what she was currently doing. Living in the moment, with her and Klaus talking about traveling the world together. But the feeling was short lived when they passed the WELCOME TO MYSTIC FALLS sign. 

··

⧫ 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝟑𝟎 // 𝟎𝟓 // 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ⧫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.8K 24
Kenzie Gilbert has been secretly keeping a long distance relationship with Stefan, who was whisked away for the summer with evil hyrbid, Klaus Mikael...
880K 20.4K 66
❝it's always been you❞ *COMPLETE* *BOOK ONE OF THE SALVATORE SISTER SERIES* THE VAMPIRE DIARIES - SEASON TWO - FOUR Charlotte Amelia Salvatore was tu...
240K 4.7K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
638K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...