Over and Over- an Adam Gontie...

Por nothingisworking

Katie Cortman is a Three Days Grace fanatic. When her best friend Lily Baker get her front row tickets and ba... Mais

Over and Over- 1
All I Wanted was a Car- 2
Last Cigarette-3
Stage Fright-4
And then He Kissed Me-5
Faithfully- 6
Highway to Hell- 7
Walking in Memphis- 8
Racing in the Street- 9
Juke Box Hero- 10
Blame it on the Alcohol- 11
Bicycle- 12
Trouble in Paradise- 14
Mama- 15
Viva Las Vegas- 16
Livin' la Vida Loca- 17
Doctor What?- 18
New Kid In Town- 19
Before He Cheats- 20
When I'm Gone- 21
Lovin' Every Minute Of It- 22
Summer of '69 - 23
It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing- 24
L-O-V-E - 25
You Shook Me

Fun in the Sun- 13

1K 17 9
Por nothingisworking

Chapter Thirteen

The next morning I woke up, every part of my body hurting like a bitch. It hurt to move at all, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do much today. Instead of attempting at all to roll out of the bed, I just called Adam and told him to come to me. He came straight away, acting all doctor-ly and looking at the dressing on my injuries. He tsked at the state of my leg.

"You sure tore yourself up real good there." He commented as he gingerly put my leg down on the bed.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I muttered.

"Lucky for you, I've had a few of these in my day so I can take care of you no problem." He stated proudly.

"Yay." I muttered.

"Okay, first thing's first," he said as he clapped his hands, "we have to get you in the shower."

"But, I can't even stand. How do you expect me to wash myself?" I asked, more to myself than to him.

"Well, I'll help you if you need..." He trailed off, shuffling his feet.

I turned bright red. "Uh no! No, I don't think so. I think I can handle it." I said as I threw the sheets off my body and attempted to stand. "I got this." I muttered as I tried putting weight on my legs. Bad idea, because my legs didn't want to support my weight. I almost went down, and I would've if not for Adam standing there to catch me.

"Yeah, you sure got it alright." He said, holding me. "Come on, lets get you cleaned up."

"I really don't think that's a good-" but I was cut off mid-sentence as Adam swung me up into his arms and carried me to the bathroom. He set me down on the edge of the tub and turned the water on.

"Since you insist on helping me, I'm getting a bubble bath, with extra bubbles. Okay?" I said.

"Well, it's not like I expected you to stand." Was his response.

I let the water warm up and poured my bubbles in. After it got really foamy, I turned to Adam, who was still standing in the same place.

"Uh, I need to take my clothes off now." I muttered, feeling self-conscious.

"Oh, okay. Call me when you get in the tub." He said as he walked out the bathroom door and closed it. I heard him lean against it as I stripped down. I slowly lowered myself in the bathtub, and I was met with instant fire to my legs. I held back tears as I forced out a "come in".

Adam walked in, and upon seeing me in the state I was in, quivering in the bathtub, he immediately took control. "Okay, do you think you can manage your hair?" He asked me.

I tried lifting my arms as I would as if I were putting shampoo in my hair and was met with a searing pain down both my arms where it felt like the skin was melting off my body. I lowered my hands slowly, as to not irritate further. "No, I don't think I can." I said to him.

"Okay, we'll do that first then." He wet his hands, grabbed the shampoo bottle and lathered it onto my hair. His rough, calluses fingers from playing the guitar felt intoxicating as he massaged the shampoo into my scalp. I involuntarily closed my eyes as I soaked in the sensation. When I felt his hands leave my hair, I opened my eyes once again to see him lifting my leg out of the water gently. "Wha- what are you doing?" I said, but it came out as a whisper.

"I know this is going to be uncomfortable, and the wound will probably start bleeding again, but I need to apply soap and water to the area." He said as he began to put soap onto the washcloth.

I whimpered. "Adam, please no. It's going to hurt, I just know it will. Don't do- aah!" I screamed out as he placed the washcloth o my knee. Hot tears rolled down my face as he tried to comfort me.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. Everything's going to be fine." He said as he continued with the washcloth. The tears kept coming and my leg felt even worse.

When he stopped, I could've cried tears of joy because I didn't have to go through that excruciating pain anymore. After that, he washed the rest of my leg and proceeded to pick up the other one. When he reached into the water, his hand accidentally brushed my inner thigh and I shuddered. If he noticed, he didn't say anything. However, as he washed my leg, I caught a glimpse of his eyes. They were dark with lust.

I began to squirm a little as he washed my arms and reached down to get my torso. When that happened, I stopped him. "Whoa there cowboy, I think that's enough. I can take it from here."

"Right, sorry." He said as he handed me the washcloth. I soaked it in the water and quickly washed myself under the water. "You can finish with my hair though."

Adam smiled at me when I said this, and he dunked my hair under the water to wash out the remaining shampoo. He applied conditioner when the shampoo was gone, and again, I closed my eyes as I felt his fingers run through my scalp.

30 minutes and one very clean me later, I was out of the bath. Once again, Adam helped me to my room by carrying me. I picked my clothes that I wanted to wear out of my suitcase as he stood nearby. When I was ready to change, as I clutched my towel to me, I turned towards Adam. "It's just a few scrapes. It's not like I broke a bone. You can go now."

He nodded at me, and turned to walk out the door. "Wait!" He turned around again. "We need to put gauze on your knee and elbow."

"Oh, right." I said. He walked out the door, and came back with the gauze pads, antibiotic cream, and surgical tape. He wrapped up my elbow as I clutched my towel with the other hand. Then he bent down on one knee, in the stance almost as if he was going to propose. Some proposal that would be, I thought to myself wryly, with me half naked and him probably able to look up the towel.

As an automatic response, I pulled the towel between my legs so it looked more like a pantsuit instead of a dress. He didn't look up once, however, as he dressed up my knee. I stood up cautiously to test it, and I found that I could place a small amount of my weight onto my leg. It's not much, but it's a start.

"Okay, now I'll leave." He said as he headed for the door.

"Oh, Adam?" I called out to him. He turned around. I smiled at him. "Thank you." I simply stated. He just smiled, nodded, and left.

I carefully put my clothes on with difficulty and walked out of my room. By this time, everyone else was up and in the kitchen by the time I was limping down the hall. I walked in the kitchen, an unpleasant odor hitting my nose.

I sniffed. "Is something burning?" I asked.

"Yes. Everything." Neil said.

"Here, let me. I've got this. I lived on my own long enough to know how to cook a little breakfast. Now get out of my way." I weakly shoved them all aside with my one good arm as I rummaged through the fridge for the ingredients for pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and French toast. "Now shoo," I said, motioning for them to leave. "Out of my kitchen. Let the master do her work.

They all slumped out of the kitchen and into the living room as I turned the stove eyes to the correct temperatures and began to work. I rolled up my sleeves as I began to crack the eggs in a bowl and mix them to make scrambled eggs.

After a lot of mixing, and pouring, and flipping, with a little bit of nibbling, the food was finally ready. I had had to swat away each of the guys for coming in while I was cooking. Eventually, I called them back in and they came running.

"Finally," Brad moaned, "God, it smells so good." He took a deep inhale.

"We'll don't just stand there smellin', grab a plate and dig in." I said, and I didn't have to say it twice. They all climbed over each other trying to get a plate and get their food before someone else took it all. Though I don't think that was a problem, since I made enough to feed a small army.

They all went back to the couch to finish watching whatever show was on at the time. Not one of them was paying attention as they took their first bite. However, after they tasted it, their eyes went wide and they moaned consecutively.

"Well that was just uncanny." I commented.

"Oh. My. God. This is amazing." Adam said through a mouthful of pancakes.

"Better than a restaurant's." Barry commented.

"Duh, cause they use instant and frozen stuff. I actually put effort into this." I said nonchalantly.

"Well, duh, it shows." Neil said. I beamed proudly.

"Thanks Katie." They all said simultaneously.

"Yeah, yeah." was all I said, but I was secretly glowing on the inside.

Remember what I said about making enough food to feed a small army? Well, apparently four guys and a girl counts as a small army because there were no leftovers when we got done.

"Dang ya pigs," I laughed as I patted my stomach contentedly.

"Us?" Brad scoffed, incredulous, " You ate more than me and Adam combined!"

"What can I say? I like food." I said.

"I like a girl who isn't afraid to eat." Adam smiled at me.

"Yeah, cause you know where it all goes." I said as I looked down at my boobs. Let's face it, they're big. I mean, not double d monstrosities, but they're a decent size. Also, I had a smaller waist, so I was a bit curvier. Clearly, Adam liked it because he was staring at the moment.

"Aye, person. Eyes are up here." I motioned to my eyes. He flushed pink and averted his eyes, ashamed that he was caught staring.

"Oh, by the way, we are canceling the show tonight since I know you wouldn't be up to coming with your injuries." Adam spontaneously said.

I gaped at him. "What? No! Don't cancel. I'll be fine."

"No, we are canceling. We may play tomorrow but for tonight we are just taking a day off and staying with you. And that's final." Adam said as he saw me begin to protest. "We'll just stay in and have a lazy day."

I wanted to argue, but I knew it would be weak because in all honesty, a lazy day sounded really good to me.

"Ah- okay." I relented.

"Really? Wow, I expected you to put up a little bit more of a fight." Adam said.

"Yeah well, so was I." I mumbled.

"So, I say we go out on the beach and have some fun in the sun, no?" Neil said as he headed, after doing a little shimmy, towards his room. "I'm going to get ready!"

"Oh God Neil, please don't ever say fun in the sun or shimmy like that ever again." Barry said as he facepalmed himself. "I swear, sometimes I think that boy is in the closet."

We all laughed and headed towards our rooms to get ready. I carefully put on my swimsuit that I had conveniently packed and headed back out to the living room. When I got back out there, Adam was sitting on the couch in his swim trunks. Damn, I could not get over how gorgeous he looked. When he saw me his eyes immediately roamed my exposed body, making me feel self-conscious. He let out a low whistle under his breath and stood up to walk over to me. "Dang girl, you really can pack away some food without it showing."

"I don't know if I should say thank you or hit you for that comment." I said. So I did both.

When his arm was good and sore, I asked him, "So where's the sunscreen?"

He chuckled. "Sunscreen? Who needs it?"

"Uh, me. If you can't tell, I'm already very pale. And I have extremely fair skin so I need sunscreen." I stated.

"Well, we did buy an umbrella. I guess you can just sit under that." He suggested.

"Mm...I'd feel more comfortable knowing my body is protected from harmful UV rays, thank you very little." I sneered at him. "Go get me some." I smiled sweetly.

"God, you're such a mood-swinger." Adam chuckled as he walked to the door. "Anything else you need while I'm gone, Mrs. Princess?" He teased.

"Yes actually. Get me a new tiara, some chocolate, and some tampons. Niagara Falls has begun to take its course if you know what I mean." I said to him, mostly to make him squirm. However, he kept a straight face.

"Okay." He said, then walked out the door. I sat down on the couch and flipped through the shows that were on the tv. I saw Criminal Minds on the guide and immediately flipped to the channel. The first thing I saw on the screen was Matthew Gray Gubler, or Spencer Reid as he was known on the show. I'm pretty sure I drooled a little. He was one of my favorite characters, mostly because of his looks. Half of the reason I watched the show.

It was a rerun, so I kept flipping through the channels, and I came across BBC America, and another one of my favorite shows: Top Gear.

"This is just my lucky day." I muttered to myself.

"Why do you say that?" Neil said, appearing out of nowhere. I jumped out of my skin.

"Neil! You scared the crap out of me!" I said, holding a hand on my chest.

"Oh, you watch Top Gear also? I love this show." He sat down on the couch. "Wait, these aren't the same guys I usually see."

"That's because this is the British version." I said.

"There's a British version? Lame." He replied.

I scoffed. "Lame? Please, this show is so much better than your puny American version. The British just have a much better sense of humor on it. See? Watch." I turned his face towards the screen. James, Richard, and Jeremy were doing the challenge where they had to transform a car into a boat and test it out. Currently, they weren't doing so well.

"Sea, sky, sea, sky, sea, sky!" came Hammond's voice from the television as he met an unrelenting wave. I could see Neil out of the corner of my eye trying not to smile.

"See? It's funny." I giggled at the show.

"Okay, it's kind of funny I guess." Neil said.

"Alright, I'll take kind of. For now." I said.

At that time, Adam walked in the door carrying a bag from the store.

"Here," he said, throwing me the bottle, "is your damn sunscreen. And here," he threw the rest of the bag, "is every thing else you asked for. I had to go to three stores to find that tiara so you better like it."

I smiled widely. "You actually got me a tiara? That's so sweet."

"Yeah, and every other damn thing you asked for. Please don't make me go through that awkwardness again. The lady at the cash register was terrible." He said and shuddered, as if reminiscing the moment.

I couldn't stop smiling. He actually listened and bought me that stuff! I mean, I was kidding when I said it but still, he actually did it!

Barry and Brad finally came out of their rooms. After some persuading from me, we all put some sunscreen on and headed out to the beach. I couldn't get in the water because of my injuries, because I would literally be putting salt on the wound if it got wet, so I set up the umbrella and laid out my beach towel.

We stayed out there for most of the day, only coming in for lunch. By the time we came in the for the day, we were all sunburnt and weary. After carefully getting a cool shower to wash away the burn I knew was coming, I got out and got ready to go eat out at a fancy (well, not that fancy) seaside restaurant nearby.

I dressed in my vibrant rainbow colored hi-low dress and began to curl my hair into the beachy waves style. About halfway through my makeup, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I called out.

Adam came in the door and sat down at the edge of my bed facing my face in the mirror. He smirked at me. "First off," he said, "please tell me you aren't going out to eat like that."

I currently only had half of my makeup on, which meant half of my face was completely done and the other half was bare. Don't judge, it's just the way I do it.

"What's the second part?" I rolled my eyes at him.

He turned serious. "How are you feeling?"

"Emotionally? Well you know, normal post teen hormones I guess. I'm fine though. Physically is a different story. I hurt everywhere." I blew out in one breath.

"Well, maybe I can fix that." He suggested as he stood up from the bed.

"Oh really?" I asked quietly.

"Mm hmm." He murmured, as he began to rub my shoulder blades as an attempt to remove the pain and stress of, well, my life. And boy, was it working. I could feel him easing the knots as his hands worked on my neck and shoulders, easing pain from knots I didn't even know I had. I was so caught up, that the lipstick I had been trying to apply slipped down my fingers and spread down face and onto the floor.

"Shit." I said, making him laugh.

"Come on. The others will wonder where we are." He said softly and helped me stand. I went to the bathroom and began to clean off the lipstick from the side of my face, except my arms weren't working properly because they felt so relaxed. I felt incapacitated and I couldn't hardly move. Walking out of the bathroom, I attempted to motion to my face and the lip color.

"A little help?" I asked.

"Why, can't move your arms?" Adam smirked at me.

"Oh shut up and help me." I grumbled.

"Alright." He huffed, and came over to wipe my face clean. "There, all done. Now let's go."

"Lead the way." I said, and I followed him out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Haha I bet you guys thought they were gonna kiss. Not this time ;)

What'd you think about that bathroom scene? Pretty steamy, huh? (No pun intended, cause you know, shower mirrors steam up when it gets hot! Hehehe... Okay nevermind.)

Also, if y'all haven't noticed, I'm setting the chapter names up in correspondence with what goes on in the chapter AND they're son titles. I'll put the links to the videos sometime, but I'm too lazy right now, plus I can't do it from my iPod.

But anyways

You know the drill. Vote, comment, enjoy!!

And like always......

Keep it real babess.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

146K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
224K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
275K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...