Halo-Born

By keepondreaming

Dear Faith, I should have told you this years ago, but I never got the chance. Mom said it would be dangerou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Second book

Chapter 24

655 6 2
By keepondreaming

Sorry It's been a while---a couple of days. School and all that is back, so yeah. I also have a lot of theatre stuff I gotta do like....memorizing lines for our upcoming play. *Sigh* I wish I could write faster. This chapter is pretty long, but it went back to Hope's POV (point of view). Since Faith pretty much gave herself up, I thought showing Hope's reaction would be a better read. Besides, even though Faith thinks about her a lot, you, the reader, still don't really understand why Hope is doing so much in Faith's life. So here you go...

~*~

 Hope's POV

All I could do was watch my little sister giver herself up. I could only lay on the floor, helpless. Poor Faithy. Her reason for doing this was very caring, but this was too much. She knew the consequences, yet she was doing this any way. At first, I thought it was a trick. There might have been a plan forming somewhere inside her head.

Faith was a person who rarely ever gave up. When she told me she was, I was heartbroken. She became a totally different person after that moment. She became empty. That bright spirit that I adored about her was gone. Then she decided to give herself to Cairo's plan. That changed everything about her. Now, watching her do this, I was about ready to disappear forever. Faith didn't need me anymore...since she was going to be one of them.

Watching would kill me. It would be too hard for me to forget this event. I would never forget the day when my only sister decided to die. She was dying today. That old Faith that I loved to be around was going to be locked up inside a dark soul. Then when she was taken away from me, there was no more life left in me to keep moving.

I didn't really understand why she was doing this. If she knew that the world was basically going to be overrun with demons and evil, she wouldn't do it anyway. She would think of some distraction. In her head earlier, it seemed like she was going to find a way to escape, but she questioned herself. Sorry couldn't buy me. No matter how many times she said sorry, it wouldn't buy me.

Faith took the metal rod in her hand and took a deep breath. I heard her whisper something that I couldn't understand. The rod was suddenly flexible around her hand. It circled around her wrist as Faith closed her eyes. The metallic snake's head hissed at her and prepared to bite down. I grimaced as my sister screamed. It bit into her skin, and slowly was poisoning her body and mind.

Zachariah yelled her name. My attention snapped to him. He and Vince weren't in their chains anymore. They were free? How did that happen? Zachariah gave the key to Isaiah who just held I numbly in his hands. He's given up too. I had to snap him out of this. Faith needed him. I ran over to him, pleading for him to fight. Isaiah didn't listen. He kept on mumbling to himself.

Vince and Zachariah let out there wings and flew. They bombarded Cairo, but he smacked them off and then slapped my Faith. Vince and Zachariah's needed more help. They wouldn't be able to fight without this fallen angel with them. He didn't even try to get out. Why? He didn't lose anything or anyone. He was still complete...unless he didn't know about Kiley and Mark.

“The twins are fine,” I told him. “They're with Steve and Tammy Marshall. They're waiting for you Isaiah.”

He shook his head and moaned, “No. They aren't. They were gone. Brooke and Liam couldn't find them.”

I tried to persuade him. “Listen Isaiah and listen good. I went to the house and found them hiding in the closet. Kiley and Mark are safe and fine. Faith took them to Tammy and Steve. They're alive. Please, you need to help Faith. She saved your kids after she was attacked by a Law.”

Isaiah still wouldn't believe me. I frowned and just decided to leave him. If Isaiah wouldn't help her, then I would try all I could. I raced back to Faith, who was huddled on the ground. She trashed and screamed. Her thoughts were all jumbled up in pain. Her hand gripped the snake around her wrist and tried to yank it off. I could only watch.

Her father and Vince fought with brute power as Lucas and Trent fought back, protecting Cairo. Zachariah, with his sword of light, slashed at Lucas who dodged every strike. Lucas pressed forward with his fists at the angel. Zachariah couldn't really bring himself to really hurt Lucas. Why did he have to change? But I knew why. I was there.

Lucas chose this to get away from everything. He hated trying to stay good. All his life, he had said, he was fighting against the demon side of him. It was a curse that his parents put on him. Being half angel and half demon hurt him inside. His battle to constantly stay good was starting to lose. Down here, in hell, his demonic charm penetrated his heart and soul. He had told Zachariah that he couldn't take it anymore.

I felt bad for the kid. He was forced to live a life that he didn't want. Now he was on the path to destruction. Evil destroys a person. No matter how good he was before.

Zachariah just kept on swinging, but he was missing on purpose to protect a kid that he and Isaiah took care of. Lucas didn't hold back. He knew how Zachariah had a weak spot for the ones he loved. He would never hurt them.

Vince punched his brother, but Trent blocked every blow. Brother against brother. Both of them were filled with hate for each other. They looked neck and neck until Trent knocked Vince down to the ground. I prayed that Vince would be okay. I did sort of like that kid. He's been nice to my sister, and my sister really does like him. If he died, she would be crushed.

Faith's scream snapped me out of this state. I sat beside her and put my hand to her head. It just went through her. This is what I hated about dying. I couldn't make her feel better or ease her pain. Back when I was alive, it was easy to take her in my arms and tell her it would be okay. Now, nothing. When she needed me the most, I couldn't help her.

It hurt to see her this way. She's endured to much, and I just wanted to take it all away from her. She kept on thinking about me. She kept telling me that this is what she wanted. She was fighting again. Her mind had to conquer the poison. Faith's other hand clawed at the snake who wouldn't let go. I held back tears and attempted to stay strong for my little sister.

I was thrown to the wall in an instant. Luckily I just went through it and didn't slam up against it. Cairo. Why could he hold me? How could he not go through me? Faith did. Zachariah did. Everyone did. How was he an exception? I launched myself through again and faced him. His dark eyes didn't bother me and the permanent scowl on his face didn't make me want to run away. He frowned at me and charged.

The impact took the air from my chest and sent me sprawling to the floor. It could be worse, I thought. Faith was taking more pain than I was. At least, I couldn't feel the pain for long. Faith felt it forever.

Punch by punch, Cairo cornered me. His punches slammed against my skin, reminding me of the night I had died. The terrible slamming of the car hitting the pavement—it was like his fists. The long wait for the next blow—it was like his punches recoiling. The stab through my back—like the piercing black eyes of this demon. He sent chills up and down my back, but I didn't let him see that. It wasn't hard to hide. It wasn't the first time, I fought him before.

I still remembered that day. It was that day that I hated to think about. It was the day where I devoted my heart and soul to protecting my baby sister. The day I promised that I would keep Faith safe until Zachariah came back for her. I just never knew how long it would be.

I washed my hands, laughing as the dried paint on my hands blackened the water. I found it funny to see the clear become so dark. It was like magic. Faith laughed with me too as she rinsed out her hands. We dried our little hands on our pants and made our way back to our room. It was a complete mess with paints stains on the walls and carpet.

We would be in big trouble. When mommy would come home she would yell at us for sure. For now, we would have to do the best we could do. Mommy was always busy. Most of the time, she was in bed, asleep. She never had much time for the two of us, but she tried. To make her play with us, me and Faith learned responsibility—or I did anyway. Faith was too little to really understand.

She and I cleaned up the mess. I sang the clean-up song as usual, to pass the time. When we were done, the room was at least rid of sticky paintbrushes and toys on the floor. Mommy would be proud, but when she saw the paintings we made, she would be even happier. There was one person we gotta show it to first. Faith wanted us to.

My sister took her painting into the kitchen. I followed with mine. Zachy was in there, making a snack for the both of us. I could smell it really fast. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Those were my favorites. We ran up to Zachy and tugged on his shirt. He was really tall, and I was small. Faith was even smaller. Just three.

Hi kids,” Zachy said. “What did you two do today?”

Just painted,” I answered.

Zachy chuckled, “Let me see.”

I handed him mine quickly, excited to see his bright face smile at me. Faith gave it to him nervously. Zachy's smile widened as he mounted out drawings on the fridge. Ah. The ultimate privilege. “These can go up here,” he said to us. “So did you guys clean your room? Mom will be mad.”

Faith nodded as she jumped onto a chair. Zachy gave her a plate and then gave me one. I took a bite and chewed fast. I loved how the peanut butter stuck to my mouth. It tasted great. Faith didn't even take a bite. It was one of her favorites too. She usually stuffed her face in it. Now, she was just sitting there. She looked really scared.

Zachy walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. “You okay honey?”

Faith shook her head and pointed to the door. Faith wasn't one to talk. When she did, the only words she would say were: “mommy” or “Hope”. Her way of communicating was to point and babble. I was usually her voice.

Zachy stared at the door and looked angry. He carried me off the chair and swept Faith into his arms. He carried the both of us into his room and told us to stay in the tiny closet in there. He said it would be safe. He went back up and left us here. It was pretty quiet, but then he told us not to speak either.

It was difficult. Faith kept wanting to squeal and cry, but I kept my hand at her mouth. I hugged her tight. She was still crying. Her body was shuddering in my arms. She kept whimpering and mumbling to herself. I was scared to. What was going on?

I could hear voices from upstairs. Zachy shouted, “She isn't here!”

Another man yelled, “No! She is. Give her to me. Where is she?”

You won't see her. Ever. She...died.”

Faith struggled in my embrace. I tried to keep her still. Zachy spoke again. “Just leave Cairo. Now!”

Cairo didn't listen, “No. I can sense her energy. She is here.”

I snapped up and disobeyed Zachy's rules.“Stay here Faithy.”

She nodded as I left her. I got out of the room and ran straight into the other man. Cairo gave me a scary look. I backed away from him and almost started to run when Cairo grabbed my shoulder. He turned me back to face him and then he punched my stomach. I flew to the wall and cried. Who was this man? Why was he hurting me?

Zachy shook his head. “Hope! Leave her alone Cairo!”

The bad man just passed him. He came closer to me. Suddenly he had a string with fire on it. He took my neck and flipped me on my back. I groaned as something stung my back. I cried and screamed, begging it to stop. Cairo didn't stop until finally, Zachy jumped on top of him. I crawled away and just watched him. Zachy punched Cairo again and again.

Don't hurt my daughters,” he yelled as he hit him.

Something moved in the corner of my eyes. I looked at it and gasped. Faith stood there, her eyes wet with tears. Cairo shoved Zachy off and tried to reach my sister, but Zachy tackled him down again. Faith ran over to me and hugged me tight. Zachy did something weird. Wings came from him. He had a sword and slashed at Cairo. Cairo shook his head and stopped him.

This isn't over Zachariah,” he said. “I will be back for your daughter.”

When he left, Zachy faced me and Faith and sighed. What happened? Zachy couldn't speak anymore. He fell to his knees and hugged us both. Faith hugged him tighter and didn't let go. Zachy did. He let her go and moved to me.

He fingered his cross necklace and wiped his hand over his eyes. “Hope,” he began. Can you promise me something?” I nodded and he continued after taking a quivering breath. “You need to promise to watch Faith for me okay? You need to keep her safe from harm. Can you do that?”

I nodded again and he smiled, “No. You have to do more than that baby. Promise.”

I promise Zachy.” I gave him another hug.

He grinned and put his necklace over my head. Then he turned to Faith. “Goodbye little girl. Remember that I will come back for you. I love you...both of you....so much. Stay safe okay you two?”

Faith bobbed her head as we watched him walked out of the house. It was silent as we took in what happened. My sister huddled as close as she possibly could to me. Her sea-like eyes met mine.

She breathed, “Daddy...don't leave me.”

I glanced at my wailing little sister. It was my promise, and it would be kept. I would keep her safe. It was my job ever since that day. I wouldn't leave her. Not even for the world. That day, she spoke her first sentence and I looked into her eyes, I saw the innocence she had from that day forward. When I looked into her eyes at this moment, I saw pain and hurt.

Cairo moved to me in a flash. He kicked me again and again, making me suffer the pain he thought Faith was suffering. I got back up and stood tall. Faith was hurting much more than I was. Compared to her, this was nothing. There had to be away to defeat him.

I punched him in the chest, but my hand went through him. How was that possible? He could inflict pain on me, but I couldn't on him. This was harder than I thought. But there must be something....there was always something. Isaiah had to help me.

Isaiah was still sulking in his corner. He wouldn't help me. He doesn't care anymore. It was just up to me. I walked through Cairo and launched myself at my sister who was desperately taking the charm off. She was so close. Almost. I had to help her. If I concentrated just enough, my hands would be able to stay solid. All I had to do was calm my senses.

Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.

I held Faith's hand the night that she was in the ambulance. I held onto anything I could, and tried to make myself real. For Faith. I was on my side, an extra weight crushing me. Isaiah got off of me quickly and attacked Cairo who was holding some sort of sword. Isaiah was back with a vengeance. He was also out for revenge. He fed his anger with the thought that his two kids were dead.

Now was my chance. It was the only chance I had. Everyone was occupied. It was up to me to help my sister push forward. This was my moment to fulfill what I was meant to do. I grabbed my sister's hand and quickly felt for the snake's head. I grabbed it, screaming as it bit into me. Just like Cairo, it could hurt me. It slithered onto its new host.

My eyes were filled with tears as I felt all of my power fading away. My soul was washing away, so my ghostly image was too. I could feel myself getting weaker and see my own glow fade. Faith sat up, taking a huge breath of air and looked around dazed for a moment. When she came to her senses, she noticed me, crying and screaming.

“Hope,” she cried. “Why?”

I uttered two words. “Love you.”

She tried her best to hold onto me, but she couldn't. She fell through me and hit the floor. Faith cried and begged me not to go. She told me how much she needed, but she also needed to move on. I was past my time. Maybe I won't be in Heaven, but I would be fine. I wouldn't mind the peaceful darkness for a while.

My body felt light as my body was dissipating at a fast rate. Faith met my eyes once again. I found the innocence. I would miss that. I would miss my little baby sister. She was everything to me, and this...this was worth it. This just wasn't for her. It was for me, for her, and for the world. She would have to understand and just live without me. It was my turn to make a sacrifice.

Goodbye Faith. Goodbye Zachariah. Goodbye world.

~*~*~*~*~*~

So....what do you think? Comment? :o)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.8K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
4.7K 486 40
Book ONE of Out Of... series •~•~• To be scared of something is to not want to be near it, or see it...or feel it. To fear something is the same th...
7.3K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...
6.2K 161 18
I was running when it happened. I don't run all the time, just when I feel like it. When I run, it's mostly in the town cemetery, "Angel Ridge". In t...