adore you // [h.s]

By lawleyxstyles

He placed his hands on the side of my face before he pulled me in for a kiss. I stared into his eyes as I la... More

Meet the Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
Epilogue - 2
A/N
Extra

14

1.8K 40 6
By lawleyxstyles

Audrey

It had only been days since Harry went back to Holmes Chapel, but it felt like months. I was so used to spending almost every day with him that I had no clue what to do without him. I know I missed him like crazy. I missed his accent, and believe it or not, I missed Mitch and Sarah.

Sometimes I call him, forgetting that he is a completely different time zone. Even when I wake him, he never gets angry with me. He always seems so happy to be on the phone with me.

I rolled over to look at my alarm clock, 2:25 am, I sighed as I rolled back over. I couldn't even force myself to go to sleep. I had been trying for hours.

styles (2);
good morning love, I hope this doesn't wake you, I just wanted to check in
call me when you can xx

I immediately called him. I had to hear his voice, "Hey love." His raspy voice made my heart flutter, "I didn't know if you'd be asleep or not, but I woke up thinking of you so I had to text you."

I smiled, "I've been trying to sleep for hours, but I can't." I sighed as I rolled over onto my back, "I want sleep, but sleep doesn't want me." I could hear him chuckle.

"I can't believe you just said that." He joked as he continued to chuckle. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. "I think I have something that may make you feel better." He announced once his laughter died down.

"What is it, Styles?" The call ended. I furrowed my brows at the phone, alright then.

Seconds later, a FaceTime call came through on my phone. "I didn't mean to hang up, I dropped my phone." I shook my head as I laughed at him. "Give me one moment." He said while he made an effort to prop his phone up. I watched him while he tried to tame his messy morning curls, I couldn't help but be completely mesmerized.

"What're you about to do?" I furrowed my brows at him. He held up one finger before he disappeared off to the side.

"Okay," He let out a sigh as he plopped down on his bed, "I know you like whenever I play for you, so I figured I would until you fell asleep."

"Would you sing to me?" I asked. He nodded with a soft grin plastered to his lips.

"Do you have any special suggestions?" I shook my head. He went silent while he tuned his guitar. He cleared his throat before he started strumming the melody of the song.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature... Wherever I go, you bring me home... Sweet creature, sweet creature... When I run out of road, you bring me home.." He sang so softly causing my heart to flutter with joy.

**

I woke up a little after eleven. I groaned as I stretched my body across my bed. I don't remember falling asleep, but I can still hear Harry singing to me.

how'd I get so lucky?

I checked my phone, but I didn't have any missed messages from Harry. I had plenty of missed messages from Kai. I read over them only to discover that he would be here in 15 minutes to pick me up.

I threw my comforter off my body, the cold air started to wrap itself around my bare skin. I trudged into my closest, using every ounce of energy that I had. I dressed in black skinny jeans, a crop top with a white undershirt, and a beat-up pair of Air Force Ones. I didn't have time to do anything else other than spray my hair with dry shampoo.

I heard the front door open, then Kai's voice filled the air, "Audrey!" I nearly jumped out of my skin with how loud he yelled, "Are you ready?" He asked as he hurried down the hallway.

"I wish you'd stop yelling." I scolded him as I threw my purse over my shoulder.

"Hateful ass." I rolled my eyes before I nudged him with my elbow, "If you want coffee, I suggest you drop that attitude." I nodded as I followed him out to his car, "We have three different photoshoots today."

"For who?" I asked.

"Um," He paused while he backed down my driveway, "I think they are all YouTubers, but I'm not sure."

"Are they in the same location or do we have to travel?" I asked.

"Well, we are doing all three shoots in Los Angeles, but none of them are in the same location." I nodded as I scrolled through my phone, "We have a couple of hours before our first shoot, so I figured we could get coffee and catch up?"

"That'd be lovely," I said as I smiled at him.

"I've been seeing this girl." He announced as he looked over at me to get my reaction. I looked up from my phone with wide eyes, "She's great, Audrey! I feel so good whenever I'm with her."

The smile on my lips continued to grow while Kai kept telling me about this girl. He looked genuinely happy, and nothing meant more to me.

"She sounds lovely," I said once Kai stopped professing his love. "You deserve to be happy, Kai!"

"Thank you!" He smiled before he started asking about Harry, "Where's he been?"

"He went back to Holmes Chapel for a couple of weeks." I stared out the window as we passed the world by, "He should be home soon."

"Are things serious between you all?" I shrugged my shoulders. I wondered the same thing.

"I honestly don't know." I admitted, "I'm always scared to bring it up. I don't want him to feel pressured or trapped. I'm not sure how he feels about labels."

"Well, are you happy?" He asked. I looked down at the rings on my fingers as I thought of how Harry made me feel.

"I've never felt so alive." I said, "He wrote a song about me." I watched as Kai's eyes grew wide. I laughed, "That was my reaction exactly."

**

Kai and I sat on my front porch laughing our asses off as we recall old memories. Kai and I have been best friends since we were five, and it's crazy to think of all the memories we made. Our moms used to refer to us as hell raisers, and we totally lived up to that name.

"Oh, I meant to show you this!" Kai exclaimed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, "It's kinda crazy so be prepared." He warned. I watched his fingers move rapidly across the screen. "Look!" He exclaimed once again before he shoved his phone in my face.

He had a picture of Harry and I walking into the café the other day. I knew there were paparazzi taking pictures, but it never crossed my mind to check social media.

"This picture has been circling through social media these past few days." My eyes grew wide, "No one can figure out who Harry's mystery girl is." Kai joked as he took his phone back from my hand.

"Mystery girl." I mumble under my breath as I look down at my fingers, "It's crazy to think that I'm with the Harry Styles." Kai nodded as he continued scrolling on his phone.

"Oh god." He groaned as he quickly shifted his eyes over to me. I furrowed my brows at him. I leaned over his shoulder but he jerked his phone away, "It's nothing."

"Based on the way you're acting, it's something." I went to grab his phone from his hand but he jerked away once again, "Kai, I swear to God." I scolded him. "What the hell is it?" I was growing annoyed with Kai.

"I really don't know if you need to see this." He looked back down at his phone. I could feel a pit starting to grow in my stomach. I swiftly jerked his phone out of his hands while he was busy reading. "Audrey, don't!" He tried to fight me for his phone, but I wasn't giving it up.

I looked down at a picture of Harry walking the streets of London with another girl. Immediately this sick feeling punched me in the gut. No matter how badly I wanted to look away, my eyes remained glued to Kai's phone. I kept reading the headline over and over again, 'Harry Styles appears with yet another mystery girl.'

"M'Sorry," Kai mumbled as he sat back down beside me. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder.

"It's okay." I lied as I laid his phone down, "It's no big deal." I decided not to react in front of Kai. Maybe I shouldn't even react at all. I mean, is it really my place?

at least now I know how serious we are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 88 29
He catches my chin in his warm hand. "I bet...you want me to kiss you right now." "H-Harry...?" I wanted him to kiss me...I wanted his lips on mine. ...
350K 6.7K 30
"You're mine." Harry pushes me up against the wall and holds his hands to the back of my thigh. "Say it." I just stand there, my stomach feeling like...
97 0 4
“If tongues could heal wounds deeply imbedded in a persons soul, his would be putting me back together again. Sealing the scars. Urging them away unt...
441K 11.1K 82
"You'll never get this done, you know?" The satisfaction was evident in his voice. "You could leave me alone so I can actually get this finished. Or...