FATE || Levi x Reader

By toffy59

ON HOLD ------------------ Titans were the only thing people feared, so they had walls built so high that it... More

Introductions: Before The Story Starts
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
A Letter to My Readers

Chapter 19

10.4K 456 1.4K
By toffy59

Protector

Wildflowers pick at her nose, tickling her. She shakes her head at the flowers, rubbing her nose. Realization dawned upon her that she was moving. She opens her (e/c) eyes and rises from her laid down position. She was sitting in the middle of a field, full of wildflowers. She looks up, a ring of fire glaring down at her.

(Y/n) looks down at her body, grasping it as she remembers crashing into the ground. She wore a flowy white skirt and a puff-sleeved crop top, showing off her shoulders and toned midriff. Eld's scrunchie was still wrapped around her right wrist. She had no shoes on, the weeds tickling at her feet. She stands up from the grass, scanning her surroundings.

That godforsaken hill was off in the distance. She continues looking around when she spots a small lake. She moves to the lake, kneeling down and bringing the cold water to her lips. When she was finished drinking the water, she gazes at herself in the lake's reflection.

Suddenly the lake shows her an image of Levi. He was sitting at his desk, gripping his hair tightly. She saw the bags under his blue eyes, making his eyes look sunken. She watches him read over some papers that she couldn't make out what they were about. 

"Levi!" (Y/n) screams, reaching into the lake to grasp onto him, but the image of him disappears. Her heart shatters as she takes her wet arm out of the lake. The lake then shows her a freckled girl, crying her eyes out in her room. Krista was sitting beside her, patting her back. They were both crying.

(Y/n) grinds her teeth, tears spilling out of her eyes. The lake was showing her the aftermath of her death in the mortal world. All her friends were saddened by what she had done. They were mourning her. She tries to reach out for them, but the images just vanish.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" (Y/n) cries out, tears dripping down her chin as she stares at the hill. She splashes the water, angrily walking towards the hill, "What the fuck do you want? You've stolen everything from me! I died because of this power!"

The hill watches her figure. A strong wind pushes her forwards towards the hill as if telling her to cross it. She shakes her head, bringing her hands to her ears screaming at the anguish she felt. She would never be able to see the people she loves again. All because she made a stupid decision.

She knew the results of using the last bit of her power. She knew that she wasn't going to get out of there alive, yet she still did it. She wasn't sure if it was because she was protecting her friends, or because she really wanted to die. She lets out another scream, crashing down onto her knees.

Tears and snot mix together as she grips the grass. She couldn't stop herself from crying. She couldn't stay calm. She had lost everything meaningful in her life. She did exactly what Miles told her never to do. She chokes on her sobs so she brings her hand up to her throat.

A spider lily sprouts from the ground and she looks at it. Another spider lily sprouts from the ground, and then another, and then a bunch more. Her eyes follow the spider lilies path that led towards the hill. She rubs away at the tears and snot, staining her white sleeves.

(Y/n) gets up from the ground, her arm painfully burning. She grabs onto her arm, trying to subdue the pain. She takes a step forward, the pain growing more as she walks towards the hill. She lets out a groan from the pain. She looks down at her arm, dark blood seeping through her arm. It was as if it was telling her not to go forward.

She gazes up at the hill, her mother was standing there. Her (e/c) eyes on (Y/n). She gives her daughter a soft smile before vanishing. The pain in her arm vanishes with her mother. (Y/n) stares in shock at her arm, the line was gone. 

"She lifted her protection spell" (Y/n) mumbles. She continues to follow the spider lilies up the hill. She stops at the top of the hill, glancing back at where she woke up. She glances at the lake that was reflecting the solar eclipse. She takes a deep breath in and walks down the hill's other side, the one her father was always disappearing into. 

She was at the bottom of the hill, a dark forest stretched out in front of her. She makes her way through the forest, biting her bottom lip from the nervousness she felt. The tall, black trees hang above her, shielding her away from the solar eclipse. A crow appears on a low branch, screeching at her.

"That's not good" (Y/n) says as she continues on the path, the rocks picking at her feet. The crow follows her figure. Don't look back, her mind tells her, keep your head forward.

The crow screeches at her causing her to cover her ears. She couldn't turn back, whatever that crow was, it was a test. She keeps moving forward until the end of the dark wood is before her. A grass clearing stretches in front of her. (Y/n) walks onto the grass, her feet meeting wet grass.

"Where should I go?" (Y/n) asks as she walks through the grass field when the wind flies past her pushing her towards the left of the field. (Y/n) digs her feet into the dirt and brings her hands up to cover her face. That way, her mind reasons.

She pushes past the wind, her skirt flying up. (Y/n) outstretches her arms out in front of her, creating a shield of wind to cover her body. She moves through the grass field until a raging red river appears before her. Dark trees hover on the other side of the river. 

She looks around the grass field when her eyes land on a small, wooden canoe. The river's strong current was pushing it wildly, but the string still holds on tightly, "Down the river."

(Y/n) jumps into the canoe and unties the string. She is pushed back from the sudden force of the water hitting the canoe. She sits up in the canoe and glances down at the red river. She leans her face in, the stench of iron hitting her nose.

"Blood?" (Y/n) mumbles as she reaches into the river and brings the red liquid to her lips. She takes a sip of the liquid, her eyes going wide, "A blood river? Where am I?"

The canoe speeds up down the river and a loud, splashing sound comes creeping up on her. The red river didn't continue up ahead, instead, it went down into a waterfall. (Y/n) grips onto the canoe as it closes in on the river's end. The canoe flings her body out. She was freefalling into the red river below. 

(Y/n) rises from the blood river, she swims towards the grass up ahead. Once she reaches, she crawls up the grass. She sits down, coughing out the blood that she swallowed by accident. She glances down at her figure. Her white outfit was now stained with blood, well, she was covered with blood everywhere.

She stands up and continues walking when a hand grabs onto her shoulder. She drops down and turns on her left leg to kick the person's legs with her right leg. However, the person jumps back before they could fall victim to her attack.

"You've been trained well," a man with long black hair tied back into a low ponytail says. 

His black painted lips curve upwards in a smirk as his red, glowing eyes stare down at her figure. He wore a black button-up with the sleeves rolled up, revealing his forearms. His black button-up was tucked neatly into his black pants.

"Father?" (Y/n) whispers, her eyes wide at the figure. She slowly stands to her full height, but it was clear he was way taller. In fact, he was taller than Erwin by two or three more inches. His devious smirk, one that she inherited, turns into a soft smile.

"I didn't think you would recognize me without my cloak," he softly says. His voice was very different from how it sounded when he would appear before her, "When I enter the mortal world, I show up in my godly form. This is my simpler form."

"Let me introduce myself, I'm worshipped as Satan, but I like to be referred to as Lucifer," he says, the smile disappearing and turning into a serious expression, "You've passed my tests, you're ready to unlock the powers you've inherited from me."

"It wasn't much of a test, I just walked and fell off a waterfall" (Y/n) replies, her eyes on his figure. He moves up to her and ruffles her blood-soaked hair. He nods towards a dirt path on the forest floor and she follows along.

"Because it was a mental test" Lucifer states, his hands in his pockets, "You saw the images of your friends mourning your death. Instead of just crying out in the wildflower field, you got up and made your way here. The wind, the element you trust and use, pushed you away from the right path, but you fought against it."

"You've lost everything, and it has led you here, to your family and home," he continues saying as they break out into a clearing. It was another cliff edge, this time the waterfall was larger. She gazes out at the vibrant town down at the centre between the mountain ranges. A massive lake stretches out behind the town. A large black castle watches over the town.

"You know what happens when you lose everything?" he asks her, turning to face her face. She shakes her head at him, waiting for him to answer. He smiles at her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"There's nothing else to lose," he says, his smile turning into a devious smirk, "So let's go fucking crazy."

(Y/n) stood in the training room. She places the tape grips on her hands and pats powdered chalk onto her hands. She shakes her arms and mounts the lower uneven bar. She brings her body up, and flings it down through the opening of the bar, flipping up in the air and grabbing onto the higher bar. 

She brings her body up to do a handstand on the bar, then she lets the weight of her body guide her turns and flips. She lets go of the bar, flipping in the air, and landing perfectly. A clap rose from the room and she glances at her father, who stood proud.

"You've gotten better," he comments and she nods her head at him, "Are you ready for your final lesson?"

"After this, will I see my friends again?" (Y/n) asks as she unravels the grips and wipes her hands on her leggings. For the past few months, she had been training with her father. The day she had arrived, he told her the difference between him and the Devil King.

The Devil King was basically like a priest, chosen by her father to perform dark baptisms and to create more demons. The Devil King was also a liaison between the demons and him. So basically, the demons weren't related to each other unless they had the same mother.

Lucifer had also explained that the line on her arm was simply just to protect her from him. He told her that her mother was worried about him manipulating (Y/n) into using her bloodline's power for his own will. He later assured that he was a god so he didn't need shit to be stronger.

"(Y/n), you're spacing out" Lucifer says while snapping his fingers in her face. 

"Oh, sorry" she mumbles and they move outside of the castle and into a green field. Blooming flowers line the outside of the garden. A marble water fountain stood in the middle of a spiral rose bush. 

"Your final lesson will be creating a link" he gestures at the blood river down below. They make their way down to the river's bank, "Get in."

(Y/n) nods and walks into the river, blood soaking through her clothes. She submerges her body up to her waist. She turns to look back at her father who was smirking at her, "What should I do?"

"Follow the flow of the current" he orders, crossing his arms across his chest, "This blood river represents the connection between me and our people. It connects me to their minds, it identifies me as their supreme god. You are my daughter, so you must wield the same power."

"What would become of me for doing this? Will I be connected to other demons?" (Y/n) asks, curiosity creeping up on her. He had told her how the town residing down at the centre of the mountains were demons who had retired from their mortal worlds. Demons who decided on living a peaceful, simple life.

"You will basically become linked to them as I am. However, there are consequences. By doing this, everyone will become aware of your existence," he states, his eyebrows furrowing, "They will become aware of your bloodline. Some will find you to follow you, others will reject or ignore you, and others will hunt you down."

"There is someone out there who holds the same powerful bloodline you do," he continues explaining, "They are your ancestor's brother's descendant."

"So basically my distant, very distant cousin?" (Y/n) finishes his sentence for him. 

"You really are my daughter, smart and gorgeous like me," he says with a devious smirk. Living together had shown how similar they are to each other. That devious smirk was something she had inherited from him and his blunt honesty too.

"This link you will create with other demons will keep you safe" Lucifer explains, "Think of it as a support team. Plus, this link that you will create will help you bend blood to your will. You can literally blow off someone's head and that alone is pretty cool."

(Y/n) rolls at her father's weirdness and she brings her hands together. She intertwines her fingers as if she was praying. She focuses on how the current clashes against her legs and waist. She furrows her eyebrows, trying to find the flow of the current.

Her mind travels through the current, through the streams and canals that the river flows into. She can see the faces of children reading next to the canal, very much like she had done with Mikasa, Eren, and Armin so long ago. She continues travelling down to the docks of the town.

Men were loading up the boats with crates to move on. She watches as the women kiss them goodbye before heading off. She follows the river down to the centre of the town. Where a tall, white marbled fountain stood with blood flowing down from the top. She watches as people gather around, bowing their heads at the fountain.

"Well done," her father says and she opens her eyes. She covers her mouth trying to hold back the urge to vomit. She feels her body grow fatigued from the exertion of her mind. She walks out of the river, Lucifer patting her back, "You may go to your friends now."

"Months have passed, do you think they are okay?" (Y/n) asks as she gazes up at his red eyes. He lets out a chuckle, confusing her.

"They are still living on the same day of your death," he says, "Time here passes way faster than the mortal world. It's currently maybe three hours after your death."

"I see," (Y/n) mumbles as she walks back up the hill with her father next to her, "I'll get changed first and then go off."

She walks into the castle and up the grand stairs to head into her room. A large, round bed was against the wall on the right with a thin white fabric hanging above it. She walks into the bathroom that was on the left. She takes off her blood-soaked clothes and hops in the shower.

Her body had changed over the time she spent training. Her body was more muscular than it was before. Her father had first put her through a gruelling exercise regime. She had to run for an hour every early morning, then eat her breakfast, then train in combat, and then train her acrobatic skills.

It was tough for her, it really was. She felt like giving up most days, but her father would remind her that a strong mind needs a strong body and vice versa. She gets out of the shower, drying off her body and hair. She walks into her room and puts on her black, lacey underwear.

She then puts on a white crop top tank without her bra. She slides up black, high-waisted, wide-legged pants that reach her ankles. She slips on black heeled-boots that go slightly above her ankle. She puts on a cropped black jean jacket and places round glasses on her face. They had a silver frame with purple-colored lenses.

A hippie was what her father called her. She didn't know what it meant at first, but he explained to her that it was basically a nickname for a flower child. She found out that the fashion along with societal norms was far more advanced in Hell than back at the walls. 

She makes her way out of her room and down into the parlor next to the kitchen where her father was happily seeping coffee. Coffee mixed with whiskey, she thought. Since he was the ruler of Hell, he had a habit of drinking alcohol and getting high, something that he passed down onto her.

"I'm ready" (Y/n) says, a small smile on her lips.

"Not yet," he says and places his mug labelled 'Hell's Coolest Dad' down onto the glass coffee table, "Alice!"

A familiar black and white cat comes running into the room. (Y/n) drops to her knees as the feline runs up to her happily, "(Y/n), let me formally introduce you to your protector, her name is Alice but you know her better as (c/n)."

"I can't believe you're alive" (Y/n) whispers as she holds the cat close to her chest.

"Ow! Not too hard" the feline says as she scratches at (Y/n)'s jean jacket. The girl sets her down in shock, "You actually forgot that I talked? Wow, I see how it is."

"Ah! I'm sorry" (Y/n) apologizes as she brings her head down, "I was in shock from Eld's death...what should I call you?"

"I like (c/n), better than boring old Alice" the cat puffs out, and jumps into the girl's arms. (Y/n) stands back up, holding the cat close to her chest.

"Before you go, there is one last thing" Lucifer pipes up and walks up behind the girl. He takes out the green jewel necklace from the battle at Trost and puts it on her. She looks down at the emerald necklace, "This will protect you, so always keep it on."

(Y/n) nods and she turns around to face him. His red eyes were shining proudly down at her. He felt so proud of his daughter. He never thought she would open up to him. He brings her head towards him and places a kiss on her head, "Good luck."

(Y/n) smiles up at him and her world turns into a pitch-black void. The void disappears and a beautiful blue-tiled roofed castle stands before her.

-----------------------------------

This chapter was so exciting to write like I was just screaming yes! at myself. I'm proud.

Also, I'm sorry if your name is Alice (I personally think its a beautiful name). 

How do you guys feel about the direction the story is taking?

~toffy59

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.2K 33
{Levi x Reader} {Trilogy: Pt 1} I lived within so many barricades; the physical wall that barred me from the unknown, outside world...the social wal...
7.4K 194 18
The longer you live like animals, the easier you turn into them. Living in walls was nothing new to you. Being from the underground you knew what it...
69.2K 1.8K 32
οΉ™β­”οΌŽπŸ³ "uhm, so carla asked me to take uh..."βŸ† ( 〃"let me guess." you started, "brunette bastard?" .) β˜…β˜†οΉ” "i heard that, jerk!"οΉ† β—ƒοΌŽ y/n is a intro...
2.2K 159 14
"π™³πš˜ πšπš‘πšŠπš πšŠπšπšŠπš’πš—, 𝙸'πš•πš• πšπš‘πš›πš˜πš  𝚒𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πšπš‘πšŠπš πšπšžπšŒπš”πš’πš—πš πš πš’πš—πšπš˜πš  𝚒𝚘𝚞- πš πš‘πšŠπš πšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš?" "π™²πš‘πšŽοΏ½...