choi beomgyu. ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฎ...

By beautyvision

๐•ณE WAS COLD, DISTANT, AND A LITTLE BROKEN. SHE WAS BRIGHT, COOL, AND A LITTLE TIRED. THEY WERE BOTH LOST, DO... More

CHARACTERS
PLAYLIST + PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
UPDATE + SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

31

4.8K 194 213
By beautyvision

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

As Myeonji entered the library, she was less shocked to see students there since she had observed the scene last time she had been there. Myeonji looked around the filled room, trying her best to find Hueningkai who needed help with something.

After a good minute, she found him in the corner of the room with one of Myeonji's classmates, Lee Donghyuck. Myeonji quickened her pace and began speed walking towards the group of two because everyone knows you look weird if you stand in the middle of the library doing nothing.

"Hey," Myeonji said as she sat herself beside Hueningkai. "What were you guys talking about?" She asked as the two looked completely shocked about whatever they were talking about.

"This kid really just asked me if girls poop." Donghyuck shook his head and sighed. He then looked back at Hueningkai who was red probably from  embarrassment. "Any other questions before I leave you with your burning thoughts?"

Myeonji was surprised to see Hueningkai pause to think, placing a hand on his chin. "What actually comes first, the chicken or the egg?"

Donghyuck and Myeonji both chuckled at Hueningkai's weird question. "Go to Chaewon for that," Myeonji replied for Donghyuck. "She's very passionate about that topic." She added making the two boys laugh.

With that being said, Myeonji and Hueningkai both waved and bid their goodbyes to their fellow classmate who had to leave and watched as he exited the library. As soon as Donghyuck stepped out of the room, two familiar people stepped in.

"Chae! Taehyun!" Hueningkai yelled taking Myeonji aback. They were in a library, and there Kai was, screaming. "Over here!" Kai continued, gaining shushes right after.

Embarrassed, Chaewon and Taehyun began making their way to where Hueningkai and Myeonji were seated. Chaewon tried her best to apologize to everyone who was affected by Hueningkai's yelling and Taehyun, on the other hand, just hid his face with his left hand and walked quicker than Chaewon.

"Thank you, Hueningkai," Taehyun gritted through his teeth. "We totally needed you to shout out for us. You know? We definitely couldn't have just looked around." Taehyun smiled and spoke with a sarcastic tone.

Hueningkai grinned wide and put up his two thumbs. "No problem, Tae!" He said, completely clueless about Taehyun's satire. Taehyun just sighed and face palmed himself as a response.

Chaewon eventually sat down with the group of four beside Taehyun who was across Myeonji and Kai. As the minutes passed, Chaewon and Taehyun were on their phones being bored out of their minds, while Myeonji was productively helping Hueningkai with his overdue Life Management homework.

"So, what is the question?" Myeonji rubbed her temples with her hands and looked closer at the Life Management booklet. Hueningkai sighed as this would be his third time explaining it for Myeonji.

"This girl, Clara, is stuck between two very important choices that could affect her life." Hueningkai started once again. "Choice one: She goes to meet up with her parents as scheduled because they said that they've got something very important to tell her, or, choice two: Clara goes to a party that all the popular kids are going to, you know? So she can get popular in school." He explained with the help of the pictures, teacher-like.

Suddenly, Hueningkai slammed his hands gently but excessively on the table. "What does dear Clara do?" Hueningkai dramatically whispered making Myeonji flinch. After the shock, Myeonji let out a giggle.

"Your so extra, Kai. I love you." She hid her mouth, trying her best to hold back the laughter threatening to erupt from her mouth.

"I love you too, but seriously Myeon," Kai patted her back. "This homework is a month overdue." He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

Myeonji instantly sat up and cleared her throat with a cough. "Right, right." Myeonji picked up the book and studied the picture well. "What if, Clara decides to go to the party and miss the 'important thing' her parents had to tell her?" As Myeonji asked Hueningkai, she found it ironic how she was exactly in Clara's position. Seonghwa instead of the parents, and her friend group instead of the party.

"Well, since I'm the life of the party, I would go to the party indeed." Kai shrugged his shoulders cockily, and Myeonji rolled her eyes. He then slouched. "But then again, the parents did say they had something important to tell Clara! I don't know~!" Hueningkai tugged at his hair, getting too immersed in the scenario.

Even Myeonji was getting frustrated. She chuckled and closed the book in an instant making Kai gasp. "This book sounds like it's for preschoolers," Myeonji pointed at the closed Life Management book. "Why don't you just burn the book and call it a day, hm?" She rose her eyebrows at Hueningkai.

Hueningkai looked at Myeonji, then at the book, then once again back at Myeonji. He sighed and grabbed the book from the center of the table and shoved it in his backpack. "I'm sorry, Clara. I have failed you." Hueningkai closed his backpack.

"That questions easy," A voice interrupted the two. All four teenagers looked up from what they were doing and came face-to-face with a handsome boy. "Clara goes to her parents. Parties are always constant, but this announcement from her parents could be very, very important and once in a lifetime. Parties don't affect your life severely." He explained. Once done, he plopped himself beside Myeonji.

"That's very wise, Seonghwa." Hueningkai complimented the dark-haired boy. "You should help me with my Life Management homework instead of Myeonji." He jokingly punched Myeonji on the shoulder.

"I would love to help you, Hueningkai." Seonghwa smiled. Hueningkai smiled back but Myeonji just felt super uncomfortable. Hueningkai was talking with Seonghwa and right now, he had no idea that they were exes and that the two had history together.

Myeonji put her hand up, stopping the two's conversation about chickens and eggs. As the two shut up, Myeonji turned her head towards Seonghwa. "Can I... Talk to you?" She said in a more demanding than a questioning tone.

Seonghwa nodded and stood up. He waved goodbye to the three at the table who happily waved back, and began walking to the exit of the library. Myeonji turned to Hueningkai. "Remember, I'll be a little late okay?" She reminded him.

Hueningkai smirked and took out his phone, beginning to play on it. "Yeah, you'll be with Seonghwa, right?" He said jokingly taking Myeonji aback. Hueningkai looked to his side at Myeonji and noticed her sudden silence. "I'm kidding, Myeonji! Okay, I'll tell everyone you were at your house and you'll be late if they forget."

Myeonji just nodded, feeling too surprised and shocked to say anything. She stood up and began walking to the exit where Seonghwa was waiting. Once she reached the doors, Myeonji turned back to the table where her three friends sat. She began thinking, how could Hueningkai say that so casually? Did he know?

Her thoughts were interrupted at the sound of a whistle. "Myeonji," A voice came after the sound. It was Seonghwa. "I know you don't want to get caught, so why don't we go now? The quicker I tell you, the quicker you can go to your friends." He reasoned.

At that moment, Myeonji began getting extremely apprehensive. She kept thinking about all the pros and cons of meeting up with Seonghwa. What if her friends found out the actual reason why she was late? Or worse, what if Beomgyu found out they exes furthermore that they were together? Myeonji shivered at the thought of her boyfriend knowing that. Myeonji already knew Beomgyu was a bit protective over her, so it truly troubled her.

"Seonghwa, I think I'm having second thoughts." She admitted. Seonghwa furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I know you want to help and I guess protect me, but my gut says this is a bad idea." Myeonji hugged her body. Sure, it didn't sound like that of a bad idea at first, but once Myeonji took the time to analyze the situation, it seemed very wrong.

"I understand, Myeonji." Seonghwa sighed. "But, are you sure? Yes or no. Yes and we can talk for like ten minutes, but if its a no then I'll leave."

Myeonji turned her head to the gym where she coincidentally saw Beomgyu. He didn't see her as he was talking with Soobin and Yukhei. Beomgyu had a basketball in his hand and he was smiling a lot too which made Myeonji's heart flutter.

"It's five-thirty now," Seonghwa's voice once again stopped her thoughts. "The meet was at six. Final chance Myeonji." Seonghwa crossed his arms.

Myeonji didn't peel her eyes off Beomgyu while Seonghwa spoke. Myeonji realized that Beomgyu looked so content, and the thought of Myeonji being the reason he was to turn sad and cold again just because she was to meet with her ex made her feel disgusted.

All beginnings are always the start of anything. If Myeonji hanging out with Seonghwa blossomed into something more, and Beomgyu were to find out, she would hate herself for the rest of her life.

"I'm sorry, Seonghwa." Myeonji finally answered. She turned to look at the boy in front of her. "I have a great life here now, with amazing friends. I'm just starting to get along with Wonyoung and I'm sure I'll be fine without knowing what Ryujin's up to now. I've dealt with her before, I bet I can do it again." Then, Myeonji paused. She turned to Beomgyu who was now laughing happily with Soobin and Yukhei.

"Plus," Myeonji started as Seonghwa looked in the same direction as her. Myeonji smiled and then exhaled. "I have him, and I don't wanna lose him."

✎ AUTHORS NOTE; did myeonji make the right, right
choice? or did she miss her chance to actually know what
was up? (p.s. sorry for being so m.i.a lately)

thank you for reading so much, and as always stay safe :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 1.5K 50
โ˜†- TXT Oneshots -โ โ˜† Refer to the intro for more information. - Completed - โœง Highest Rankings โœง #1 kaikamalhuening (20.02.23) #7 taejun (19.02.23) #9...
19.5K 486 22
Soobin and Beomgyu always cared for each other dearly. While their other friends, hueningkai, taehyun and yeonjun suspect something more, Beomgyu and...
16.8K 977 36
โWell, he clearly noticed my intention to avoid him. I scoffed. Is he trying to boss me around? "Not everyone is willing to follow whatever you say j...
62.4K 1.7K 23
๐Ÿ”ž this story is mature and not intended for minors ๐Ÿ”ž "You know what I couldn't stop thinking about last week?" he smiled shyly while twirling my ha...