Till The End | Sequel of SAY |

By Shaaniaa

Being heartbroken is a feeling you can never understand until you experience it. It is a constant pain and di... More

❝ chapter one ❞
❝ chapter two ❞
❝ chapter three ❞
❝ chapter four ❞
❝ chapter six ❞
❝ chapter seven ❞
❝ chapter eight ❞
❝ chapter nine ❞
❝ chapter ten ❞
❝ chapter eleven ❞
❝ chapter twelve ❞
❝ chapter thirteen ❞
❝ chapter fourteen ❞
❝ chapter fifteen ❞
❝ chapter sixteen ❞
❝ chapter seventeen ❞
❝ chapter eighteen ❞
❝ chapter nineteen ❞
❝ chapter twenty ❞

❝ chapter five ❞

8.6K 348 94
By Shaaniaa

y'all should listen to 'Grand Piano' by Nicki Minaj near the end of the chapter. i swear, it'll make you cry. Lol

|• Zonnique •|

I was sitting in court waiting for Kevin's lawyer, Mr. Lewis, to call his first witness. I don't get why now Kevin wants to come and take custody of my son. He didn't want nothing to do with him in the first place. I was able to get a good lawyer because of Chres. So that gave me some hope.

"I would like to call Zonnique Pullins to the stand." Mr. Lewis called me.

I stood up walking to the stand feeling many glares on me. I sat down and looked at the people sitting in the back who were also waiting for an answer. I saw Chres who did a small smile to me and his bitch Jessica who just shot me an evil glare. I looked up and saw Mr. Lewis walking towards me

"Ms. Pullins, you're unemployed and homeless right?" He asked.

"N-No, I'm not homeless. I paid for my rent but yes I'm unemployed." I said truthfully.

"Okay, if you were to get custody of Jayden, how would you pay for the next rent if you're unemployed?" He said, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I'm going to move in with a Chresanto August." I looked up at Chres and seen a smile on his face.

"Say that he had never got in that car crash, say y'all had never reunited again, you wouldn't have money to pay for your rent! Meaning, you and your son would've been homeless! Am I right, Ms. Pullins?" The lawyer said, yelling at me.

I shook as he yelled. "Yes, but I would fi-"

"I rest my case." Mr. Lewis went and sat back down, leaving me speechless.

I stood up to go back to my seat trying to hold the tears in my eyes from falling. I lost complete hope in this trial. I looked at Kevin and saw him smirking. I looked in the back and also saw Jessica smiling. It's all her fault that I'm in this situation. I shook my head and looked back to what was happening.

My lawyer, Mr. Rogers, stood up and called Kevin to the stand. I watched him sit down with the biggest smile on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"So, Kevin, why do you want full custody of Jayden?" My lawyer asked.

"Well, I read that Zonnique was near to be homeless and is jobless." He said, shrugging.

"But, you didn't want anything to do with your son.  Why not just provide Zonnique with money?"

"I don't care about Zonnique, I care about my son." He said, harshly. Wow, really? That hurt. Wasn't he the one that practically begged me to get back together with him, knowing he was married?

"Why now all of sudden? When you take care of Jayden, you won't show much affection." Mr. Rogers stated.

"I'll learn how to, inplus he's still a baby." Kevin shrugged.

"But, your life is going so well. Are you just doing this to torture Zonnique?"

"No! I just want my son. He needs a father figure in his life!" Kevin yelled, getting frustrated.

"What about a mother figure, huh? What about Zonnique? Don't she need her son in her life? What about when Jayden grows up and starts asking for his mother? What are you gonna tell him? Fill him up with lies?!" Mr. Rogers threw his hands up.

"Zonnique doesn't deserve to be a mother!" Kevin yelled. "She got her first daughter, Taylor Pullins, killed because of her stupidity. She fucking went to jail because of her stupidity. She was homeless, whose to say she's not gonna be homeless again, huh? She'll never find a job with that on her record. I have a beautiful wife at home who's willing to take care of Jayden. She'll be his mother figure."

I was outraged at this moment. I stood up abruptly and yelled at Kevin, "You fucking liar! I did not get Taylor killed. We both got kid—"

"Ms. Pullins! Sit down!" The judge yelled, knocking his gavel loudly.

Mr. Rogers was a bit taken back to what Kevin said and rested his case. "I'm sorry Zonnique, I didn't know that this would be brought up." He shook his head.

My eyes started to fill with tears again. The courtroom got quiet and saw a man in the jury reading the report.

"The jury grants Kevin David with full custody of Jayden Taylor David." The judge knocked his gavel again and stood up.

"No, no, no, no." I shook my head and the tears came pouring out of my eyes. I stood up and watched Kevin with a smirk on his face. I was about to charge at him but Chresanto held me back. "Let me fucking go! He's not gonna take the baby away from me!"

"I already did." Kevin chuckled.

My breathing became uneven as I broke down. "N-No, you s-son of a—"

"Finish that sentence." Kevin got in my face. "And I swear I won't allow you to see him."

"Back the fuck off." Chresanto growled at him, stepping in front of me. "Do you not fucking see what she's fucking going through? And for you to come and take away her son like that? You are heartless, you son of a bitch."

"He's my son also." Kevin shrugged. "I could careless what she's going through. All I care about is my wife and son. In which I will come pick him up tomorrow morning. I'll give Zonnique some time with him for the rest of the say." He walked off.

I couldn't stop the tears. I was angry and I was hurt. We walked out the courtroom. I stopped in front of Chresanto's new car, refusing to get in. I had to take a moment to rewind what just happened. Jessica approached me.

"I'm sorry," She did a fake pout. "I never meant for all this happened. You are—"

I raised my hand, slapping her hard. "You go to hell."

She looked at me, shockingly. She held her cheek and was about to hit me back but Chresanto quickly caught her hand and stepped in the middle of us.

"Stop!" He yelled at her. "You're the reason all this shit happened!"

Jessica looked at me. "Oh, you've messed with wrong girl."

She cut her eyes at me and stormed off. Going to her car, I'm guessing. I let out a loud groan, pulling my hair. Chresanto held my arms, stopping me. He embraced me and I cried in his chest. He softly rubbed my back.

"I'm right here," He whispered, kissing my forehead. "Right here."

I pulled away. "This...This is all m-my f-fault." More tears came out of my eyes. "All my f-fault."

He shook his head. "Stop saying that. We both know that its not." He opened the passenger door for me. "Let's take you home."

When we got home, Jana, who was watching over Jayden for me while I went to court, frowned when she saw me. My eyes were red and puffy, so she already knew what that meant.

She pulled me in a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I nodded and tucked in my bottom. We both pulled away and she kissed my cheek. "I'll see you later,"

She left and Chresanto locked the door after her. I crouched in front of Jayden, who instantly smiled at me. I did a weak smile and ran my hand through his soft hair.

"I'm sorry." I said to him. I could barely talk at how dry my throat was. I sniffed and sat on the floor with Jayden in my arm. I kissed the top of his hair. "I'm so sorry."

Chres came and sat next to me. I leaned my head on his chest and let out a shaky breath.  "I don't wanna...I-I—" Tears came pouring out of my eyes. "I don't wanna let him g-go."

Chresanto stroked my hair. "You can always go see him."

"It—It wouldn't be the same." I sniffed. "Kevin live in Boston. I'll barely have money to buy a plane ticket." I stroked Jayden's cheek. "I'll miss you."

°°°°°'

"You got everything?" Kevin asked, taking Jayden from me. I nodded slightly as I wiped my tears. "Hey," Kevin called me. He ran his fingers through my hair and I took a small step back. "It's for the best. Believe that."

"T-Taking him away from is for the b-best?" I broke down. "Don't you see how much I'm hurting?"

"This isn't about you, Zonnique!" He raised his voice, startling Jayden a little.

"Don't you raise your voice at her." Chresanto snapped at him.

"I'm out." Kevin fixed Jayden in his arms. "It was nice seeing you again."

"Fuck you."

welp :p . vote and comment for next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.6K 22
She got adopted by this family. Not all of them like her, but when she get to know them better everything will change. When she starts falling for on...
23.8K 133 26
This story shows four bestfriends falling n love with big stars... it shows that love is strong nd u will fight nd cry ova the person u love... drama...
168K 9.9K 50
Hamartia hah•mahr•tee•uh (n.) 1. A tragic or fatal flaw. Jacob Perez is eighteen years of age. He likes to smoke and get drunk occasionally, but mos...
57.6K 1.1K 20
Would you be that rebellious child? Even if you knew the consequences would be so cruel, so brutal... So unbearable? Would you let your heart take ov...