The Unsinkable Ship (Jerrie F...

Galing kay Rebelix_Rose

A story of two-class-crossed lovers who meet aboard the disaster-bound ship, fall in love, and then struggle... Higit pa

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Epilogue
Author's Note
Author's Note II
Author's Note III

Twenty Seven

37 2 0
Galing kay Rebelix_Rose

Hopeless

NARRATOR'S POV~

Still, no one knows what really just happened. That's why in this room, Captain, Mr. Ismay, Mr. Andrews and the other crew members entered. Then Mr. Andrews started to explain what might happen to The Unsinkable Ship.

"Water, 14 feet above the keel in ten minutes...In the forepeak, in all three holds and in the boiler room sir," Mr. Andrews stated.

"That's right, sir," The crew agreed.

"When can we get underway? Damn it," Mr. Ismay stated, annoyed.

"That's five compartments. She can stay afloat with the first four compartments breached but not five," Mr. Andrews stated, looking at the captain. "Not five," He added.

"As she goes down by the head, the water will spill over the tops of bulkheads at E deck from one to the next...back and back. There's no stopping it," Mr. Andrews stated.

"The pumps....if we opened the doors—"

"The pumps by you time, but minutes only. From this moment, no matter what we do...Titanic will founder," Mr. Andrews said, cutting the captain off. Mr. Ismay widened his eyes in shock.

"But this ship can't sink," Mr. Ismay stated.

"She's made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can...and she will. It is a mathematical certainty," Mr. Andrews stated, looking at the blueprint.

"How much time?" The captain asked. Mr. Andrews looked at him.

"An hour. Two at most," Mr. Andrews answered.

"And how many aboard, Mr. Murdoch?" The captain asked.

"2,200 souls aboard sir," Mr. Murdoch replied.

"Well, I believe you may get your headlines, Mr. Ismay," The captain stated.

Silence is in the air. No matter what they do, no one can stop the sinking. Jade and Perrie were right. That the lives of two thousand and two hundred people are now in danger.

Mr. Andrews is the shipbuilder and doesn't have any idea what to do. He almost rummaged the whole ship. He can see all the passengers, asking here, asking there about the reason behind the announcement of wearing lifevests. And for sure if they found out, it will rain fear and anxiety.

PERRIE'S POV~

Now, Zayn and I were the only people left here in the sitting room. He was leaning on the door frame, and I was half-sitting on the table.

I felt so devastated right now. My joviality earlier became the opposite. I am now full of nervousness and loneliness. Especially because of what my mother said. The confrontation turned into judgement. And that's what I hated the most. Judgment. Especially towards Jade. I really wanted to hurt her so bad, but I couldn't. She's my mother and nothing will change the fact that she's the one who gave birth to me, that's why as long as I can endure, I will. Just for the sake of myself being her one and only child.

The tears are still falling. I'm not like this before. I do not cry that easily because of my mothet. When she left, my tears just started to fall. It's so heart-wrenching that my own mother, treated me like I'm a slave. I'm already thinking about what's happening right now, her words became a hindrance. And now, I'm still not sure if Jade is alright. I want to go and search for her but this man just came. I'm sure he woukd make me feel that I'm weak. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fight for myself this time because of what I'm feeling. I hope they're going to leave me alone.

The sitting room was dead silent. No one dared to speak, no one dared to break the silence in the air. I found an interest in the ground. I'm just staring off space. I sighed in what I'm thinking. I want to get out of here, but just can't, due to that bastard man that is blocking the door...and for sure, if I tried to escape, he'll hurt me. Well, what's new though? I'm used to it. I'm not going to expect that he wouldn't do it.

He looked at me and we stared at each other. He straightened his body and walked towards me. I sighed and looked away.

When he's now closer to me, I looked at him. His mouth opened, but nothing comes out that's why he just remained silent. I'm just staring at him, and he's just staring et me until he slapped me all of a sudden, hardly. My head whipped to the side because of the impact. I whined in pain, and breathe deeply.

"Oh it is a little slut, isn't it?" He stated and I didn't respond. "Will you look at me when I'm talking to you!" He stated sternly as he grabbed both of my upper-arm tightly. Until we heard a knock on the door, and it bursts open.

"Mr. Malik?" The man from the door said as he entered the room.

"Not now we are busy," He stated, sternly.

"Sir, I've been told to ask you to please put on your life belts and come up to-"

"I said not now," He stated, cutting off the man as he let go of me.

"I'm sorry to inconvenience you, Mr. Malik, but it's Captain's orders. Now please, dress warmly. It's quite cold out tonight," The man said, informing us. I put my hand on my cheek where he slapped me hardly, I felt like my cheek is burning in pain.

"This is ridiculous," He stated as he walked few steps away from me.

"Not to worry, miss. I'm sure it's just a precaution," The man stated.

After that, Zayn told the man to leave. The man hesitated at first but then he followed. Zayn told him that we're going to follow after we finish our business here. Now, back to this. Zayn and I here at the dead silent sitting room.

"What? Are you going to hurt me again? Another one?" I stated, sighing.

"We will stay here unless you answer my question," He stated, ignoring my question.

"Why don't you answer me first? Are you going to hurt me again?" I repeated, but he still ignored it. What a bastard he is.

"Where have you been and what have you done with that gutter rat?" He asked, staring at me intensely.

"What are you going to do if I don't want to answer your question?" I asked, calmly.

"If you don't answer my question, then you will experience worse than a slap," He replied, anger written all over his face.

"Oh fine. Go ahead, hurt me. I woukd rather get hurt, than to answer your question. Because it's none of your fucking business," I stated.

Right after I said that, he slapped my other cheek with the same impact. I closed my eyes in pain. When I opened my eyes and face him, I imagine there's a smoke coming out of his nose. He's so mad.

"Did you flirt with that woman?" He asked with raised eyebrow.

"What if I say yes? Are you going to be jealous? Insecure?" I stated, laughing. He groaned.

"And why would I get jealous?!" He stated.

"Hmm, really? What if we have a make-out session in front of you? You'll be fine?" I said, trying to tease him, he gritted his teeth.

"Oh..right. Why would you be jealous if you don't really love me...and never really loved me," I stated, rolling my eyes. He grabbed my upper-arm tightly.

"Shut the hell up-" I cutted him off when I managed ro took away his hand from my upper-arm. I'll try to fight.

I pretend to fix his collar. I am leaning closer to him and slapped his cheek. I laughed at his reactiom and started to walk away.

I nearly got out when he followed me and pulled what I'm wearing. He turned me to face him. He was about to punch me when I grabbed his arm, and held it tightly.

"Are you going to punch me? Wait," I stated. He furrowed his eyebrows and I punched him in his chest. He back off.

"Fuck you Perrie! Fuck you!" He shouted at me and I laughed.

"I'm sorry," I stated, and laughed. I went straight to my room to grab a coat. And he didn't dare to follow me, thank God.

I sat in front of my dresser and stared at myself. I looked like a mess. I fixed my face and went to the closet to grab a coat. I am still wearing this dress, magmula nung nagbihis ako after Jade had drawn me. Yes, same dress.

I opened my closet. I picked my Pink Embroidered Coat. I wear this soft coat. The black embroidery paired perfectly with the feminine shade of pink. Since this coat is quite bigger than my normal size, and thick, this is perfect to deal with the coldness outside.

Before we went straight downstairs, we went to my mother's room first. I am planning to go ahead of them, but they forced me not to. No choice.

I admit that I hate my mother, but she's still my mother. She needs to get out of here, she needs to survive, get safe and continue her life. She carried me for nine months in her body and I just can't leave her here. She needs to get on a boat, with or without me. I can't ruin my promise to dad that I will take care of my mother because it's only me left with her. Even though she's not there when I needed her the most, I'm not that bad. I won't return all the pain she caused me. Especially in this kind of situation.

We finally reached her room and we caught her fixing herself.

"Oh, Perrie and Mr. Malik," She stated as she stood up and walked towards us.

"Hello Madame," Zayn greeted, and I just stared at her. She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows when she looked at my cheeks I guess.

"What happened to you, Perrie?" She asked, confused.

"Nothing happened to me, mother," I lied, looking at her.

"Are you sure? What happened to your cheek?" She asked, holding my chin and checking my cheeks. Why don't you ask this man beside me?

"Just got bumped into something, Madame, you know Perrie," Zayn stated, smiling at me. Bastard.

"Are you sure? Why does it seems like-"

"Stop throwing questions, mother. We have to go," I stated, starting to walk away and they followed immediately. I heard a sigh from my mother but thank God she didn't ask any further.

I know I have to tell her that Zayn slapped me so hard because I'm her daughter and she needs to know, but what's the point? She's not going to believe me anyways. She'll say that I'm just making up a story. Which in fact, Zayn is the one doing that. Obviously. He doesn't want to destroy her reputation in my mother's sight and that sucks. I'm the one, resulting to be the liar. Well, he's fortunate because I didn't tell the truth. Seems like he celebrated mentally when I denied what really happened to my cheek.

We got out of the room and now we're here on the grand staircase. A lot of people are talking, here and there and all I can hear is all about what's going to happen. I personally, don't know what's going to happen. I saw the iceberg, yes, and I saw the ship hits that. But I don't know what will happen next, obviously. I'm not expert in those kind of things.

A lot of people are already wearing lifevests, coats and hats. If the lifevests are needed, then there's only one reason. This ship may sink. I closed my eyes and pressed it for a second. I can't, and I will never imagine myself in that freezing water, in that freezing ocean. I remembered what Jade said when we first met.

"To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold," Jade stated, looking at me and at the water.

I took a glance at the ocean and back at her. "How cold?" I asked.

"Freezing...maybe a couple degrees over," She answered. Oh gosh.

She tell a story about her childhood untim she started to explain something.I'm not that rude, so I listened.

"Anyway, I uh..fell through some thin ice..and I'm tellin' you...water that cold, like right down there, it hits you like a thousand knives, stabbing all over your body. You can't breathe, you can't think, least not about anything but the pain"

No. Hell to the fucking no. I don't and I will never want that to happen. In every words she said, it really changed my mind that time. I got terrified I guess. But no, it won't happen right? The ship won't sink. They said that it's also called as The Unsinkable Ship, and I wish..it will stand in it's name.

"I don't think anybody knows what the hell's going on around here," I overheard Mrs. Molly said. Well, yeah. She's right. No one knows.

"It's the god damned English doing everything by the book," Zayn stated, furiosly.

"There's no need for language, Mr. Malik," Mother stated.

"Go back and turn the heaters on in our rooms. I'd like a cup of tea when I return," Mother stated. Oh mother, I wish you kind of had the idea what's going to happen.

"Yes ma'am," the maids replied as they obeyed my mother's command.

I saw Mr. Andrews appeared. I can tell worry was written all over his face. In every part and angle of the room he's looking, that's the only expression he held. I want to know what's wrong, I want to know the truth.

He was about to go upstairs when I touched his back and called him.

"Mr. Andrews," I called and he turned around to face me immediately, his expression didn't change. "I saw the iceberg, and I can see it in your eyes. Please tell me the truth," I pleaded, staring straight in his eyes. He looked at his side and at me, as he went back at the bottom of the grand staircase to tell me something. Please, not what I'm thinking.

"The ship will sink," He stated, looking straight in my eyes. Oh gosh. Tell me it's not true. Please.

"You're certain?" I asked.

"Yes, in an hour..or so...all of this will be at the bottom of Atlantic," He replied. My mouth hung opened in shock and nervousness, as I put my hand to cover it for a second.

"What?" Zayn asked beside me, but he got ignored.

"Please, tell only who you must..I don't want to be responsible for a panic and get to a boat, quickly. Don't wait. You..remember what I told you about the boats?" He stated.

I nodded. "Yes, I understand," I replied.

Mr. Andrews stared at me for a second and continue to go upstairs. I know he's going to tell everyone to wear lifevests and to get in a boat.

The ship will sink. This ship will sink. The Unsinkable Ship will sink. It started to repeat in my mind, that's the only thing running inside my mind right now. He told me earlier afternoon about the boats. Half of the passengers will survive and the other half will be in danger. No, actually all of us are in danger, all of us. Maybe the people who's first to get in a boat will be lucky. But I hope, I really hope, that everything will be okay. Even though, I can tell that...this is hopeless.

~~~

A/N: The Titanic will sink. There's

nothing they can do now. It's so terrifying. What can you say readers? Hope you like it❤️.

~RR~

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

189K 6.8K 37
"I wish that this could be real. I wish that you and me, we could be real. I wish that we could have everything. But all that we have is... a fake lo...
12.8K 587 11
"When I planned my life, I never meant for it to be the way it is now." Jade replies, tears forming in her eyes. "I used to have ambitions. I used to...
49.6K 1.7K 28
β€’ You have to read B1 and B2 to read this! β€’ ~ Book 1: https://www.wattpad.com/story/89507260-jerrie-perfect-for-you-book-1-c β€’ ~ Book 2: https://www...
30.9K 1.1K 24
Perrie Edwards is living with the weight of guilt on her shoulders. She blames herself for her family dying and because of that guilt she's given up...