Ally

By Devilish_Equestrian

Ally Johnsen was an ordinary horse loving 14 year old girl until the day came that would change her life, for... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

183 10 4
By Devilish_Equestrian

The next few days were pretty uneventful, i had another lesson but other then that i've been hanging out with Ace and Cole.

School starts next month and if i said that i was excited, that'd be the biggest lie i've said in a while.

I hate school, simple as that.

I didn't really used to mind school, i didn't like it but i didn't hate it either.

But now school is the last thing i want to do.

In New York i had friends and i would usually go to the barn after school to ride.

Now i don't have any friends, except Jason and Cole, but they don't really count.

Right now i'm sitting on my bed listening to some music, i was just in the barn grooming Ace but Catherine said to come back in because we're having lunch soon.

When she says ' we' she usually means me, Cole, Jason, and herself.

I think it's kind of weird that even though i've spent pretty much every day these past few weeks with Cole, we don't know that much about each other.

He knows that i was blinded in a accident and that my parents died in a car crash, but he doesn't know what kind of accident it was.

To be honest, i don't really know anything about Cole.

I know that dad left him and his mom when he was pretty young, but that's pretty much it.

I guess that neither of us are the type of people who just open up about everything.

" Ally! Lunch is ready!" Catherine calls from the other room.

" Coming!" I reply, jumping off my bed and grabbing Barnaby's lead rope.

I make my way to the kitchen and, surprisingly, i don't bump into anything.

And right after i think that, i feel my face collide with something.

I thought to soon.

" Again?" Cole grumbles.

" It's not my fault that you don't watch where your going!" I argue.

" It's not like you do either!" Cole says.

" That's 'cause i can't!" I reply.

" Of course you ca- oh, sorry. I forgot." Cole tells me.

" S'okay, i'm glad that you forgot." I inform him.

" Why?" He asks.

" Because that means i don't act like an old blind lady!" I say.

Cole chuckles in response.

" What? " I ask.

" Out of all things, why and old blind lady?" Cole questions when he finally starts laughing.

" I dunno." I say with a shrug, " It was the first thing that i thought of."

" Makes sense." Cole replies.

" Can you two hurry up already? Mom said that i can't eat until everyone's sitting down and i'm hungry." Jason whines.

" Jason, don't interrupt the love birds while there having a moment." Catherine hisses.

" How is that even a moment? Their talking about acting like an old blind lady." Jason responds.

" Eh, There both blushing, therefore i count it as a moment." Catherine tells him.

" I'm not blushing!" Me and Cole say at the same time.

But sure enough, i feel my face heating up.

" Aww, you guys are adorable. Now let's eat before this food get's cold. That or before my son decides to murder me with his glares." Catherine states.

Cole helps me find a chair and sit down before he goes back to his seat.

" Thanks." I tell him.

" No problem." He replies.

We eat in silence for a few minutes, Catherine ordered us sandwiches from a nearby store and we were all so focused on eating that we lost interest in talking.

I know, i know, We're actually being quiet for once.

Normally Jason would be complaining about something or arguing with Cole over some of the stupidest topic that you can think of, or i would be yelling at them to be quiet and stop arguing because some of us would rather not damage our hearing before we're 16.

After a few more minutes, we've all finished and Jason cleared the plates and put them in the kitchen so that he can wash them later.

You might be wondering, " Did you just read that right? Jason's actually doing chores?" and the answer to that question is yes, but only because he didn't get out of bed 'till 11:58 even though we were all screaming at him to get up.

Yea, i know that 11:58 might not seem that late, but he was supposed to wake up at 8 to help Catherine with something.

" Hey Ally, do you want to come out to the barn with me? I've gotta feed the horses lunch and i figure that you might want to spend some more time with Ace." Cole suggests.

" Sure." I reply.

As were walking out to the barn, we talk about random things, such as how much school sucks.

" Hey Cole?" I ask.

" Yea?" He answers.

" Is it okay if i ask you something?" I questions.

" I dunno, sure." He replies.

" How come i've never met your mom before? It seems like she would've come to drop you off or pick you up at least once." I ask him.

" Couple months ago my mom and stepdad were driving home from a meeting and crashed."Cole tells me.

"  And?" I question, not really knowing where he's going with this.

" Neither of them made it." Cole says, his voice starting to crack despite his efforts to try and sound strong.

We both stand in silence for a minute, i'm to shocked to be able to form words.

Finally i manage to say, " Cole, i don't really know what to say. I'm so sorry."

Yea, i know that it seems cliche, but what else can you say?

" You have nothing to be sorry for." He states.

" Are you okay?" I ask him.

It's pretty obvious that he's not, but i want to know why.

" I'm fine." He lies.

Really Cole? Everyone knows that when you say your fine, it means the exact opposite.

" Your obviously not," I state," i can hear it in your voice."

" You don't have to worry about me, you have plenty of your own problems to deal with. You don't need me to be telling you all of mine as well." Cole informs me.

" I don't need to know, i want to. I know that somethings up and i'm not letting this go until i find out."

" It's just that, i haven't really told anyone what happened."

" Why not?" I press.

" Because no one cares."

" Of course people care! They have no reason not to."

" And that's where your wrong, they have every reason not to."

" No they don't, so stop acting like you did something wrong!"

" But i did!" He argues, " I always find some way to mess everything up."

" Cole?" I ask.

" What?" He replies.

" Your wrong." I tell him.

" Huh?" He questions, clearly confused.

" People do care. Catherine cares, i care. Heck, even Jason cares."

" Hard to believe." He scoffs," You guys just met me, you shouldn't care about anything concerning my personal life."

" Cole, i'm serious. We do care about you. Sure, you've only known us for a few weeks, but remember that i only met Catherine and Jason shortly before i met you, and i know that they care about me just as much as they care about you." 

I take Cole's hand in mine and give it a reassuring squeeze.

" You think so?" He asks, keeping hold of my hand like it's saving him from his emotions

The butterflies in my stomach have decided to throw another party.

" I know so." I state.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1K 31
𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙨, 𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙨 = 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧! A broken girl...
1.6K 144 45
Sawyer knows exactly where her life is heading. The plan for her senior year is full of horses, friends, school, and more horses. She's been working...
844 65 10
A 14 year old girl named Sara in 8th grade starts getting bullied badly. No one wants to hang out with her and she has no friends. Her best friend, S...
110K 4.7K 45
Reagan Renne Walker left the tiny town that she grew up in in Wyoming five years ago to fulfill her dream of opening an equine therapy ranch in Monta...