๐ŸŒปI'm a KING | M.YG โœ“

By pepperpizzas

The king's tyranny and madness grow day by day. No one dares to stop him as they are afraid of the consequenc... More

I'm a KING
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 1

3K 124 17
By pepperpizzas

| Tyrant |

I walked back to my town after all the rice hats were sold. I can already see my mother's smile when she sees all the money I got today. The people started to offer more money for the hats, they didn't give me a chance to answer as they would throw the money inside my bag and pick up their rice hat. 

There are some shortages in that town, the king has ordered them to cut their food supply and any support they were getting from other towns because they are not following his new rules. The king now has power over everyone's life, he can do whatever he pleases with them. He ordered the town to start sending the younger people to work in the palace but they all protested. No one showed up and now they are dealing with the consequences. I didn't see any of them wanting to give in any time soon though. 

They are the type of town that gives me hope; hope for a new kingdom, one where everyone can do whatever they please as long as it doesn't harm someone's integrity.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts once I get to the market. It's already late, Mother is about to close, I came just in time.

"Hi, Agust!" Jin comes in my direction with a little smile. "Was a good sales day today?" he asks as he puts his arm over my shoulders as we walk farther into the market.

"Yes. You should go to the neighboring town to sell your products, they are in need right now." I tell him.

"Okay," he chuckles. "I'll join you on your fashion of wearing a rice hat to hide part of my face," he says teasingly. 

I roll my eyes as I smile. "Yeah, be careful if you go." 

"I will!" he grins. "I'll see you later" he waves his hand as he goes into his house.

"Later!" I say before walking past his house.

I walk a couple of meters before I see my mother take all her products to go home.

"Mother," I say once I'm in front of her. "Here" I give her the bag with all the money.

"Thank you, August. I don't know what I would do without you" she chuckles. "I don't know how I did everything before, without you." A smile spreads across my face.

I start to help her carry most of the things so she doesn't have to do much effort. It doesn't take us much time to go home as we leave close to the market.

I put everything in its place as Mother goes to count the money and prepare dinner for us.

"Agust!" Mother exclaims in delight. "How did you get all this money? This is a bit more than twice what I expected you to bring back" 

"The town is having shortages of everything but money, they were desperate for the hats" I shrug.

"God, I feel bad" she mutters. "No one should need to go through that" 

I sigh as I think about it. At least they have money, their town isn't poor as mine; their economy is based on the harvest that's about to happen. I hope the king doesn't do something about it; he could starve them to death if he wanted. That worries me.

"Here you go." Mother says with a sweet voice as she gives me a little bag with coins in it.

"Thank you, Mother, but I don't need it," I say trying to give it back to her.

"Just take it," she chuckles. "You deserve it, you have been working hard." she smiles before going into the kitchen.  

"Go inside!" I hear a female voice say. 

I peak out the window to see what's happening. Two teenagers go into their house hurriedly as they laugh.

It's late, no one is out at these hours anymore; no one but guards. This is the bad thing about living in the capital. 

I have noticed that the king has been displaying more guards lately as if he feels threatened. I don't know someone who would dare to do something against him.

Well, I do know of someone...

"Agust! Dinner ready" Mother's sweet voice brings me back to reality.

I go to the kitchen to help her set up the table.

"Mother... have you noticed the number of guards lately?" I ask her once we start to eat.

"I have, it's weird"

Is he looking for someone specific...? I don't understand what's happening. He has been king for twelve years already and no one has done anything against him as far as I know.

Is he being paranoid?

"Run inside now!" I hear another voice someone say.

Mother looks in the direction where the voice was heard with widened eyes. I look at the time as I eat. 

Curfew.

That was close.

Once we are done eating I start to clean the dishes. I chuckle when I hear my mother open the window to talk with the neighbor. The houses are so close together that they don't even need to raise their voices to talk to each other from their houses.

"Agust! Come hear this!" I go to the living room where Mother is with the window completely open.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

"The king is looking for someone," she said. "That's why he has displayed many guards."

"And the worse part is that he's increasing the taxes!" Mother adds angrily.

"Like we had enough to eat." the neighbor says rolling her eyes.

I slowly walk away as the information sinks in. King Min-Ki is looking for someone.

This is not good.

I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down. Mother gossiping with the neighbor is the only thing I hear once I control myself.

Things are getting out of control... I should do something.

***

"I'm out Mother!" I say before I leave to the neighbor town to sell rice hats.

"Okay! Be careful son!" 

There's already a crowd walking through the streets minding their business. The shouting of the sellers is the only thing that can be heard. Kids are already out playing games while their mothers work and keep an eye on them.

There are not any guards today, surprisingly. Normally there are none but these couple of days they have been around. I guess they are not going to be heard of until it is the day to pay taxes.

I walk carefully to not bump into anyone as I walk out of the town to the rice fields.

"Agust!" A male voice calls me from the side of the street.

I turn to look at where the voice came from. My master calls me from an ally.

"Jaehwa," I murmur before I go to where he's hiding.

"Agust. The time is close." I gulp.

"T-the time?"

He nods. "You must confront your brother soon." 

"But how?" I ask nervously.

"Agust," he says softly. "You have the same blood but a different mindset. You are just like your father. I know you'll find a way." he looks behind him before he goes away.

The time is now...

I don't have an idea of how to start a rebellion; I don't have an idea if I'm prepared...

I resumed my way outside the town with a troubled mind. The actual king has been in power for just four years but I can already see his tyranny very clear.  The last king was kind and wise; he cared about his country and not himself. Min Ki is destroying the country our father worked so hard for.

"The guy with the rice hats is here!" I hear a woman scream announcing to everyone in the time.

"Finally!" A man exclaims as he runs in my direction.

"You know the dynamic boy," The man says before throwing the money into my bag, he gave me more than double of what I needed for one hat. 

"What happened to the other sellers?" I ask curiously.

After taking a couple of hats and paying for them, a woman stands to the side to let people take theirs.

"They are the ones that are working in the rice fields right now," she shrugs. "They stopped making them a couple of days ago."

"Everyone is working this time," A man says. "Even the younger have offered to help."

"That's right!" Another man says out of nowhere. "That tyrant won't stop eating! Even if we don't have help from others, we can do it just fine!"

"YES!" Many people say at the same time as they throw their fists into the air.

I blink multiple times as I try to understand what's happening here.

They are some kind of rebels... They attack the king however they can...

I'll need them.

"Oh no!" Someone cries. "They are all gone already!" A boy stands in front of me pouting.

"Can you bring more young man?" An old lady asks.

"Yes..." I trail off as I come back to reality. "I'll come back soon."

"Thank you!" The boy says cheerfully.

I turn around to leave. I walk lost in my thoughts. These people are decided to prove that they are not going to let the king control them.

The country has changed so much. It's not the same place where once was peace and happiness. These four years have been the worse for everyone.

They deserve a change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 25.7K 41
"Such an innocent peach.....my father and I have the power to rule the country. We also have the money to. You be a bad girl and we take away your fa...
889 87 25
Min Yoongi was a king who ruled over his kingdom, the Golden Isles. For years, he lived in peace and luxury with his people. However, all that change...
44.8K 1.7K 43
First and foremost I do now own bighit or any of the members of BTS! This is a horror fan fiction so if you're sensitive to blood, gore or other...
256 49 28
18+ when Min Yoongi the young CEO of AGUST D Entertainment approaches his new rising star, Lee Soojin, they both find themselves trapped between a sh...