[✔️] Agony || Diego Hargreeve...

h0elygrail

Agony ag·​o·​ny | \ ˈa-gə-nē \ : intense pain of mind or body : the struggle that precedes death (Diego Harg... Еще

Agony
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
SEQUEL

Twenty-one

2.6K 73 10
h0elygrail

Cara watched as Vanya was pulled out of the house, her cries and screams still resonating in her mind. Her chest moved up and down as she tried her best to breathe, her blood gushing out as she does so.

Her whole body was in pain but the overall pain she felt in her chest was too much to handle. She could feel the air enter through her wound and fill her lungs. She wasn't dumb. She knew there was no way she could survive from this.

Soon, she feels liquid trickle up her throat before entering her mouth, the metallic taste giving away what it was. The crimson liquid then spills out of her mouth before trickling down her neck.

Cara looks at Allison before reaching toward her arm and giving it a gentle squeeze. Her vision gets cloudy as her eyes flicker to still swinging chandelier above them. As the seconds passed, she could slowly feel the life get sucked out of her

Her lips tremble as she chokes on the blood that filled her mouth. Her eyelids then start to get heavy to the point where she couldn't keep them open. With one last twitch of her finger, her eyes shut, the darkness filling her mind.

*****

Five kept his hand tightly gripped on the steering wheel as he drove the car to Harold Jenkins' cabin. Klaus sat on the passenger's seat, chewing gum as he watched the trees pass by. Luther, and Diego, who had just gotten released from prison, were sat in the back seat, nervous looks on their faces as they looked out the windows of the car.

"Hey, can you go any faster?" Luther asked, leaning over the driver's seat. "Ask me again and i'll burn you with a cigarette lighter" Five grumbled in annoyance, not even sparing a glance at his brother.

Luther sighs in defeat before sitting back on his seat. Five sighs before stepping on the pedal causing the car to go faster. It was obvious he too was scared for his sisters' fate.

Minutes later, the four arrive at the cabin. Five parks the car beside the other family car that Allison and Cara had used to get to the place. They all quickly rush out of the car and Luther and Diego immediately run up the stairs of the front porch.

Luther pushes the front door open, stopping dead in his tracks as he sees the two women on the floor. "Allison! Cara!" Luther exclaimed as he ran toward the two. Soon, Diego runs inside as well before falling to his knees beside Luther who was hovering over Allison

"No, no, no" Diego cried as he lifted Cara's head. Her eye were closed and blood was gushing out of her chest. "Cara, wake up" Diego said, tears spilling down his face as he lightly slapped her face. "Please"

Klaus stood beside Luther, comforting him as he held Allison to his chest. Five stood behind the three, watching the events unfold in front of his eyes. Ben on the other hand stood beside Diego, tears spilling down his face as he looked at his sister in shock.

He may be dead, but he felt a sharp pang to his chest as he watches Diego hold Cara's limp body to his chest. Ben reaches out to gently touch Cara's forehead only for his hand to pass through her. It was useless, he couldn't do anything but watch.

"We have to go" Five spoke up from behind the group. He was right. No matter how terrifying the situation was, they can't just stay here and cry about the two women. They had to go back to the academy and do the best they can to keep them alive. "We have to get them to mom, quickly"

Diego and Luther shakily nodded before picking the two women up. The group immediately rushes out of the cabin and into the cars, leaving the bloody scene in the living room.

Diego, Klaus, and Ben get in one car while Luther and Five get in the other. Klaus quickly turns on the ignition seeing as Diego wasn't in the right mind to drive them back to the academy. Five and Luther pull out of the driveway and drive down the dark dirt path, the three following behind.

*****

"C'mon, let's go" Five said, stepping out of the car. The rest of the group follow behind, Luther and Diego carrying the two women up out of the cars. "I don't think they're breathing" Luther grunted. "If we don't get them upstairs, they're gonna die" Klaus replied, helping Diego carry Cara up the stairs

"Mom! We need your help!" Diego cried out as soon as they step foot inside. Seconds later, Grace and Pogo appear in front of them, their eyes wide in shock as they see the two unconscious women who were covered in blood.

"Quickly, get them in the infirmary" Grace sternly ordered before briskly walking away. The rest of the group follow behind they soon enter the infirmary where Grace and their father used to treat them whenever they were injured.

Luther places Allison on a bed while Diego firmly carries Cara, waiting for Grace to bring another one out. Soon, Grace appears from the door, pushing another bed for Cara to lay down on

Diego places Cara's limp body down before hovering over her chest, trying his best to listen to her heartbeat, only there wasn't one. "She's isn't breathing" Diego panicked, looking up at Grace. "M-mom, please. Sh-she..."

"Move aside" Grace ordered as she takes some medical scissors from a nearby tray. Diego pushes Cara's blood soaked jacket away from her chest, his hands shaking in fear. Grace turns back around, her firm hands grip on to the scissors before cutting the fabric of Cara's shirt revealing the deep slice that penetrated her chest.

Luther kept his hands firmly gripped on the side of Allison's bed, not tearing his eyes away from her as his mother tried to revive his sister. His ear was firmly pressed over her chest, keeping track of the heartbeat.

Grace quickly turns the dials of the defibrillator on before grabbing the paddles. She hovers them over Cara's chest before pressing down, sending shocks all over her body. Diego's eyes flicker to the monitor, noticing that nothing was happening.

"W-why isn't she breathing?" Diego stuttered, looking at his mom. Grace watches Cara's chest stay frozen. She turns back to the defibrillator and turns the dials up, making the charge stronger. She hovers the paddles over the girl's chest before pressing down once more.

Klaus, Diego, Five, and Ben watch the steady flat line on the monitor in hopes for it to change, but to their dismay, nothing came. "M-mom.." Diego's lip trembled, his eyes flickering to Grace who sadly looked Cara

"I'm sorry, Diego"

Diego chokes on his own breath as he turns back to Cara who was lifelessly laying in front of him. This can't be right. She couldn't be dead. She was strong, she isn't supposed to be dead"

"No, no, no. That's not right" Diego turned to the group. "Sh.. she can't be dead. We can save her!" Tears start to trail down his face as turns to grace and grabs on to her forearm. "Mom, please! Please, don't let her die"

"Mom, Allison!" Luther called out, cutting Diego off. "No, mom! Please, help her. Bring her back!" More and more tears trail down his face before dropping on the floor. "I'm sorry, Diego, but there's nothing we can do. We have to help Allison" Grace sadly looked at him before peeling his hands away and walking Allison's side.

Diego stands there in shock, his eyes not leaving Cara's body as he processed everything in his mind.

She was gone, and there's no way to ever bring her back

His hands shook as he reached out to hold on to Cara's cold and bloody hands. He interlaced his fingers before getting to his knees and leaning his head down on the bed. The pain that he felt was too much to handle.

"She suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood" Grace said, turning away from Allison and looking at the group.

Luther, Five, and Klaus immediately fight over who gets to give their sister blood. "I'm doing it" Luther sternly said only to be cut off by Pogo. "I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. Your blood is more compatible with mine"

"Hey, don't sweat it" Klaus cuts in. "I- I got this big guy. I- I love needles" Klaus exclaimed, rushing to Grace's side, rubbing his forearm.

"Master Klaus." Pogo interrupted "Your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted" Diego listened on to the group fight. He looked at Cara once more before getting to his feet.

"I love you" Diego sadly smiled at Cara before walking over to his siblings. "Move" He grumbled, making his way to Grace who was preparing a needle. "I'll do it"

Grace finally finishes preparing and turns to Diego, holding the needle up to his view. Diego's eyes widen at the sight before falling to the floor with a whimper coming out of his mouth.

"Stick him"

*****
Cara's eyes flicker open, the bright light blinding her eyes. She looks around and notices that the sun was about to rise and she was back in the Academy, specifically in the infirmary. Her eyes flicker to her side, noticing Diego's sleeping figure who was laying his head by her blood covered arm.

"Diego" she softly called out in hopes of waking him up. "Diego, wake up" Cara chuckled, keeping her body leaned back against the bed, her head firmly placed on the pillow.

He wasn't a heavy sleeper so why isn't he waking up?

She questioned to herself, a look of confusion flashing across her face. Finally. She decided to lift her arm up to gently slap his head. Cara stares in shock as her hand completely passes through him.

"No" Cara gulped in fear as she sat up. She pushed her arm forward once again, trying her best to slap Diego awake but the results were the same. "No, no, no" Cara mumbled in a panic.

She brings her arms to her body and notices that her shirt was cut in the middle revealing her bra. "Shit" she hissed as her eyes flickered to the two-inch deep slice that decorated her chest.

"No, no. Please, no" Cara cried as she got up from the bed and stood a few inches away from it. Her eyes widened as she looked at herself, pale and lifeless, laying on the bed, with Diego leaning his head down beside her.

Diego's eyes flickered open, looking at her spirit before turning to her lifeless body. "I'm sorry" Diego said, rubbing her knuckles. "I'm sorry we couldn't save you" his hands began to shake causing Cara to step forward and reach out to him

Her hands softly lay on his shoulder before passing through it. Cara's hands fly up to her mouth as tears fell down her cheeks.

This is real. I'm really dead

She stumbled back causing the nearby medical tray to slide away, catching Diego's attention. He looks at the tray in confusion before turning back to Cara who was laying on the bed.

"I can't be here" Cara shook her head before running out of the room, passing through the wooden door. She looks around the hallway in confusion, not knowing what to do next seeing as she was a ghost and there was nothing left for her to do.

She decides on going to her room so the next thing she knew, her boots silently padded against the hardwood floor as she walked down the hallway leading to their rooms.

Cara stops in front of Allison's bedroom door, her hands shaking as she was worried on whether or not her sister survived from her injury. She walks through the door and sees Allison laying in her bed, a bandage wrapped around her throat while Luther sat by the end of her bed, gently holding her hand

At least she's fine. That's all that matters

Cara sadly smiled at the two before walking out, leaving them alone. She turns on her heels and walks down the hallway before stopping just in front of her bedroom door.

"Cara?" A voice calls out from behind her causing her to jump in surprise. She turns to the direction of the sound and sees Ben, dressed in his favorite black leather jacket and black hoodie, his eyes wide in shock as he stares at her sister

"B-Ben?" Cara stuttered out, her eyes widening. She couldn't believe it. His brother was here, standing right in front of her.

"Oh my God" Cara exclaimed, running to his direction before wrapping her arms around his body. "You're here, you're really here" Cara smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I've been here the whole time" Ben chuckled, wrapping his arms around his sister. He admits that he's a bit selfish, but he was glad that he could hug Cara again without his arms passing through her.

"What?" Cara asked in confusion, pulling away from the hug. "I was with Klaus the whole time. So, that means that I was here with you guys ever since the day you all got back together" Ben smiled

"And you never told me?" Cara slapped his chest causing him to hiss. "Ouch" Ben glared. "Okay, first of all, i'm dead. And second of all, how could I tell you when I can't touch anything nor talk to anyone"

"You were with Klaus, you could've at least forced him to tell me" Cara raised her eyebrows at her brother. "I did..." Ben trailed off. "There's a 'but' coming, isn't there?" Cara sent him a look

"Klaus is stubborn, okay? And I can't make him do things that he doesn't want to. You and I both know that" Ben explained. Cara sighed before chuckling, "yeah, yeah, I get it"

"Oh, and your shirt is open" Ben said causing Cara's eyes to widen. "Oh shit, yeah" she said before tying her shirt in a knot and buttoning her bloody jacket in order to cover her abdomen. "There, good as new"

The sudden sound of stomping catches their attention and they turn to the direction of the sound, their eyes flickering to Klaus. He grumbled as he made his way to his room, his sneakers making a thud sound

"C'mon" Ben said, grabbing his sisters arm before walking to the direction of Klaus' room. The two walked through the wooden door, finding Klaus who was rummaging around his room

"What are you doing?" Ben asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

Ben and Cara stood behind Klaus who was shuffling around the room, their arms crossed in front of their chests. "Looking for drugs" Klaus replied, not sparing a glance at the two ghosts behind him

"Don't do it" Ben said, rolling his eyes at his brother. "I'm done listening to you!" Klaus turned around to face Ben. Unfortunately, Cara stood on the other corner of the room so Klaus hasn't seen her yet

"Just go away. Go away, please" Klaus exclaimed, gesturing to the door before kneeling on the floor, his hands shaking as he opened a stuffed unicorn. "I like the sober you" Ben said. "Yeah, well sobriety is overrated."

"Look where it's gotten you, though" Klaus quickly turns to Ben "Well, where has it gotten me? Where has it gotten me? Nowhere. I can't talk to the person I love. People... still don't take me seriously. I wanna be numb again"

Cara watched as her brothers fought. Her eyes soft as she watched Klaus reveal his inner demons to Ben. She knew things were bad, but she didn't expect it to be this bad

"You're a colossal wimp" Ben spoke up, his eyes trained on Klaus who was pulling packets of drugs out of the unicorn. "Ben" Cara scolded, causing Ben to roll his eyes at her

"Oh, yeah, really?" Klaus muttered, uninterested by his brother's reprimanding. "Yeah, really!" Ben exclaimed but Klaus didn't mind him, only focusing on the drugs.

"Hey!" Ben called out, snapping his fingers to catch his brother's attention. "Life isn't supposed to be easy. Life is hard. Bad things happen. Good people die" Ben's eyes flicker to Cara who was watching Klaus

"Wow, playing the dead card again, huh? You need new material bro" Klaus rolled his eyes as he poured a coupled pills into his palm, a smile on his face as he stared at the small pills in his hand

"I was talking about Dave" Ben replied. "And Cara" He added. Klaus stopped before turning his head to look up at his brother. His eyes then flicker to the corner of the room where Cara stood, watching him as he was in the midst of breaking down

"You know, i'm tired of seeing you wallow in self-defeat" Ben spoke up, stepping closer to him. Klaus turns his attention back to Ben before getting to his feet. "Well, then avert your gaze" He replied, raising his eyebrows at Ben.

"Klaus" Cara spoke up, stepping closer to the two. "You're better than that." She sadly smiled at him. "And Dave? Whoever he is, i'm sure he knew it too" Klaus looks at his sister before sighing in defeat

"Yeah, you're right" Klaus muttered, looking down at the pills in his hand. "You're right. The both of you are. I'm- i'm- i'm sorry. I'm sorry" he said, looking at the twins deep in the eyes

"Thank god" Ben mumbled turning around.

"Psych!" Klaus cackled, bringing the pill to his mouth. Before the three knew it, Ben had turned around and threw a hard punch to Klaus' jaw causing him to stumble back, the pills falling out of his mouth

"Holy shit"

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

352 18 7
𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒; ❝ And now I tell you openly, You have my heart, so don't hurt me ❞ - • in which young heroes try to resist their love and desire in the...
135K 4.6K 25
❝Hᴇʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ 60's, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?❞ ❝Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, Iᴠʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. Tʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ.❞ ❝Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, Fɪᴠᴇ. ᴀ...
311K 8.9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...
176K 7.1K 44
"Fall in love in a single touch And fall apart when it hurts too much?- Beau was born on the same day, at the same time, as all of the others. Adopt...