The Only String Attached

由 delicate_pearl

Life always gives a second chance for true lovers. Here Bela also got a second chance to express her love for... 更多

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
BONUS CHAPTER
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
IMPORTANT
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
INTERVIEW
38
39
40
41
42
AWARDS
New Story
BACK AGAIN

9

10.1K 645 125
由 delicate_pearl

BELA

"Mahiraa...", I heard his voice and I froze on my spot.

The drape of saree which I was clutching till now hanged free on the floor now. I was shocked is an understatement, I was numb looking at him. He went through me and took a crying Mahira from the crib. I was still standing like a lifeless over there, my saree hanging down loose. 

He came near me and kneeled  down with still having Mahira in his arms. Oh my god what is he doing? I can feel his hot breath on my belly, I was having a butterfly park in my stomach. He took the drape of my saree and placed it on my hand. Now I was speechless.

"I...I will be waiting outside", telling that he went out closing the door.

I locked the door and was leaning against it. I touched my chest to feel my heartbeat. I can hear my own heartbeat. What is he doing to me? I can't be like this.

"No..no Bela, you can't feel like this..no..he is not your's", tapping my cheeks I dressed myself.

I came out and saw Mahira sleeping on Mahir's chest. These two are more than adorable. He looked at me and I was feeling embarrassed.

"What do you want to have for breakfast"? I asked him.

"I will have anything", he said and started waking Mahira again.

"Mahira..get up baby, you slept for a lot of time today", Mahir was waking Mahira up.

I went into the kitchen and made sandwich. I went to hall and saw Mahira was still sleeping.

"She din't wake up"? I asked Mahir.

"No", he replied.

"You have your breakfast, I will wake her up", telling that I gave him the plate and took Mahira from him.

"Mahiraa..baby wake up, are you not feeling hungry"? I asked.

"Mummaa..mum..mum", she was muttering opening her eyes slowly.

"You want mum? Then you should get up na baby", I said and she opened her eyes.

"Mahira baby woke up", I said and she started kissing me all over my face. 

"First Mahira will have a quick bath, then she will have her mum", I said and took her to give a bath.

I placed Mahira on her baby chair near dining table and started feeding her.

"Bela..did you eat"? Mahir asked.

"I..I will eat after feeding Mahira", I said.

"It's ok you have your breakfast I will make her complete", telling that he took the spoon from me and started feeding her.

We three had our breakfast and were seated on the couch. We heard the door bell ringing and I went to check on it. I saw Yuvi, Vish and Vyom standing . I was getting a feeling from inside that something big will happen. I let them in.

"Hey Bela how are you"? asked Vish giving me a hug.

"I'm..I'm fine, how suddenly everyone here"? I asked looking at them.

"Why are we not allowed to come"? asked Yuvi.

"No I din't mean that, come", I said and went behind them.

"How is my baby doing", saying that Yuvi was kissing Mahira all over her face.

"My god, Yuvi don't eat her", said Vyom.

"My baby she is", said Yuvi still peppering Mahira with kisses and she was enjoying.

"She is my baby", said Mahir glaring him and we all burst out laughing.

"I Know Mahir bhai, she is your baby means my baby too", telling that Yuvi started enjoying with Mahira.

Mahir, Yuvi and Mahira were lost playing with each other. I was looking at them with a lot of happiness. They three look like  three monkeys. Yuvi too was crawling along with Mahira, and Mahir was making a video.

"Bela",  Vyom called me.

"We need to talk to you Bela", said Vish. I know this was coming and I wasn't prepared for it.

"Ok..ok come let's talk in my room", telling that we went to our room.

"How is your married life Bela", asked Vyom. I was glaring at him.

"Vyom we need to talk to her, stop joking", said Vish.

"What you want to talk with me"?I asked.

"Bela now it's been months that you got married to Mahir...", said Vyom.

"Just come to the point guys", I said.

"Bela..that..tell about your..your love to Mahir", said Vish.

"What? What the hell are you people talking"? I freaked out.

"Bela relax...just listen to us", said Vyom.

"Listen Bela..Mahir needs to know about your love, he should not be kept in dark",said Vish.

"I'm not putting him in dark, he doesn't need to know anything", I said looking out of the window.

"Bela you are being selfish", said Vish.

"No..I'm I'm not", I said.

"Bela you are married to him now, don't you think that he deserves to now about your love"? asked Vyom.

"Just let me be like this, I don't want him to know", I said wiping my tears.

"You want to be in a loveless marriage for all your life"? asked Vish.

"This is not a loveless marriage, I love him and Mahira, that's enough", I said.

"Don't be so stubborn Bela, it is looking like a loveless marriage only, he should know about your love", said Vyom.

"I'm not being stubborn Vyom, I'm telling the truth, what will Mahir do when I will tell him that I love him"? I asked.

"You think that he will accept my love? He loves Bani di and that's the truth", I said while sobbing.

"Bela he loves Bani di. But she is no more. Tell about your love to him and you will become the women who fulfills the void in his life", said Vish.

"Are you dreaming Vish? He have feelings for me as a friend and not more than that", I said.

"Bela..he have feelings for you, we can say that, he really went bonkers when you left", said Vish.

"I was his best friend and it's obvious he will be upset", I said.

"Bela, you don't know the damage you did after leaving", said Vish with anger.

"Vish let's not talk about that now, it's not important", said Vyom.

"No Vyom, she has to know", said Vish while glaring at me.

"What happened after I left Vyom"? I asked feeling confused.

"It's not important for you to know Bela", said Vyom.

"Vish, please tell me what happened"? I asked pleading her.

"Mahir and Bani di had a fight because of you after they got married", said Vish.

"What? Mahir loves Bani di, he can't fight with her", I said.

"One day Bani di was weeping for you and Mahir was fed up of consoling her", Vish said wiping her tears.

"They din't talk to each other for three days, and from that time Mahir started hating you", said Vyom.

"They fought for me"? I said sniffing.

"You left for your good will Bela, but it had left a very bad impact on that couple from that day", said Vish.

"After that fight Bani never asked for you again, she forced your dad to call you to inform that she was pregnant", said Vyom.

"You showed some mercy on her and spoke to her, but Mahir was trying hard to reach you. Din't you feel even once to talk to Mahir"?asked Vish with disbelief.

"I can't let my feelings overtake me when I see him or talk to him", I said still sniffing.

"Then how are you doing it now"?Vish asked.

I was numb. I can't answer these questions because I my self don't know. I left them, so that I should not be a problem. But even after leaving them I became a problem for them.

"Bela, tell Mahir about your love. He will understand", said Vyom.

"I... I..can't", I said stammering.

"Bela you have to take care even about your life, do you want to be like this for your whole life without children"? Vish asked.

"I already have a daughter, my Mahira. She is mine. No one can separate me from her, not even Mahir", I said looking at them.

"What about your own children Bela? Don't you want your own child"?asked Vish.

I was fed up this question.

"If you are asking about that let me tell you, I don't want my own child. Mahira is enough for me. She is my life now", I said .

MAHIR

I was passing by her room and heard her voice which made me stop on my tracks.
"If you asking about that let me tell you, I don't want my own child. Mahira is enough for me. She is my life now".

Bela is sacrificing her whole life for me. She doesn't need to do that. I started feeling guilty. Just for me and Mahira she is sacrificing a beautiful life. This is not right.

"Daddaa..daddaa..", Mahira came crawling to me. I took her in my arms and went back where Yuvi was waiting for us.

"Yuvi get some ice cream for Mahira, today she will have ice cream with her dadda and chachu", I said and she went to Yuvi crawling.

"My baby is eating ice cream also"?telling that Yuvi took her and went inside the kitchen.

What are Vish and Vyom trying to tell Bela. Why she doesn't want kids of her own.

"Daddaa..see Maiiaa", Mahira called me.

She was sitting on Yuvi's shoulders and laughing. Yuvi got the ice cream and stared at Mahira.

"Don't tell Bela that she is eating ice cream and you to don't tell your mumma", I told Yuvi and Mahira.

"Daddaa choco", telling that Mahira was enjoying her ice cream.

I and Yuvi were laughing at her while she was making weired faces.

"Mahir you are impossible", I heard Bela's voice suddenly.

I turned around and saw Bela, Vish and Vyom standing shocked.

"I warned you not to give her ice cream, and Yuvi you also know that she will catch cold easily", she told me and Yuvi with disbelief.

"Mahira was enjoying", I said looking at Mahira.

"Mahira you will not get any ice cream from now, even your dadda will not help you", she said looking at Mahira.

Mahira was about to cry. I can see her eyes glistening with tears. And she bursted out like a volcano crying. The walls of my house literally collapse when she cries.

"Arey..Mahira don't cry baby, we will punish your mumma", telling that Vish and Bela took her to balcony.

"Mahir come on..let's have a bro chat", said Vyom.

"Even I need to talk to you", I said and we went to my room.

"How are you Mahir"?asked Vyom.

"Well...fine I guess", I said.

"How is your relationship with Bela bhabi bhaiii", Yuvi asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yuvi, stop joking", I said glaring at him.

"Arey she is your wife now, he can call her bhabi", said Vyom chuckling.

"There is no relation between us, everything is done when she left me and went", I said spitting fire with my words.

"Ok Mahir I wanted ask you one thing from so long, can I"?asked Vyom.

"Go ahead", I said.

"What is your opinion on Bela? Leave these two years fasico and tell your genuine feeling about her", asked Vyom.

"I don't have any grudges against her, I used to love her as a friend. But she din't bother me to explain about her disappearance even now", I said.

"And as a best friend even you too din't bother to share some things to her", said Vyom with anger.

"Vyom not that topic again", said Yuvi.

"What topic"? I asked.

"Nothing", said Yuvi.

"Mahir you din't tell Bela about your love for Bani, that was your friendship"?asked Vyom.

"I wanted to give her surprise and she was happy after knowing that, what's a big deal in it"? I asked glaring Vyom.

"Yes she loved your surprise", said Yuvi sarcastically.

"Mahir, leave that friend topic. Apart from friend don't you have any feelings for her"?asked Vyom.

"What do you want to convey Vyom"? I asked feeling pissed now.

"You are married to her Mahir, she has given her life for you. Don't you think you people should take next step in your relation"?said Vyom.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Vyom, you know I can't love anyone else other than Bani", I said feeling irritated.

"Are you mentally reminding yourself that Mahir bhai"?asked Yuvi.

I was looking at these two with a blank face. I have feelings for Bela, but that's totally different. These people are making me mad asking the same question again and again.

"You both were trying to tell me something on my wedding day, what was that"? I asked.

They both were looking at each other whether to answer it or not.

"I asked you something", I said.

"You want to know"?asked Vyom.

"Vyom it's not our place to tell", said Yuvi.

Now I lost my patients.

"Stop that Yuvi. Whomever I ask about this they shut me up with "It's not our place to say", what the hell do you people think about me", I was yelling at them.

"You all are making me mad by telling these dialogues, asking these questions, why are you all playing with...", I din't complete and heard Vyom.

"Bela loved you", said Vyom.

It was like the world around me was spinning. I felt blank. I sat on the bed with a thud.

"Bela...Bela loved me"? I asked.

They both were not uttering a single word.

"Yes...yes bhai she..she loved you", Yuvi said stammering.

"Why din't she tell me"? I asked.

"Ask that to her yourself", said Vyom.

"We can't tell more than this Mahir bhai", said Yuvi.

Bela loved me. No. She was my best friend and I never knew she loved me.
Why dint she tell me about this. I'm speechless. I never expected this.

"You are a bastard Mahir", said Vyom with disgust.

"You hid about your love for Bani in front of us and gave Bela mixed signals", Vyom spatted with anger.

"Vyom please, we don't have a right to talk in it", said Yuvi.

"I gave mixed signals"? I asked.

"Stand in Bela's place and think Mahir bhai", said Yuvi.

"Talk with Bela, you will get to know your mistakes", said Vyom.

"Bela will never point a mistake at him", said Yuvi scoffing.

"You people are confusing me, tell me in detail", I said.

"Sorry Mahir, we can't. Ask Bela yourself. Only she has the right to tell and you have the right to know", said Vyom patting my shoulder.

I slumped on the floor after they left. My mind isn't working.  We were on good terms in the past as best friends. I thought a girl and a boy can be best friends. But my story is twisted. Bela loved me? If she loved me, why din't she confess to me? Does she love me even today?

"Mahir"? I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in", I said and Bela came with a sleeping Mahira.

"Mahira slept, I will lay her on her crib", she said and my eyes pooled with tears looking at her.

She is hiding her pain from me. Now I understand. She left because of me. But I need to know more. Did she tell to Bani about it? Does Bani know about it? She left the room kissing Mahira.

I took out my phone from my pocket and looked at Bani's picture.

"What is happening to me Bani? I'm feeling pain after knowing that Bela loved me. It should not bother me, but I'm feeling guilty and I don't know why I'm feeling guilty", I spoke to her picture.

"Do you know about her love for me? If you know, why din't you tell me"? I said wiping my tears.

I looked at Mahira, she was sleeping peacefully. I kissed her and went out.
I saw Bela working on her system.

"Mahir..I think we should take Mahira to doctor once, she was sneezing", Bela said.

How is she able to act normally. Is it not affecting her to be with me?

"Ok.. I'm sorry, I will not give her ice cream from next time", I said.

"Ya, that's better. I will take tomorrow's  appointment", she said looking back at her system.

I was sitting idol there staring at her. My dad and Bela's dad must have known about this. Of course, everyone except me knows I guess.
I was staring at her without a blink. She has changed a lot. She is no more looking like that chirpy girl I know. She is looking like a matured women now. She felt my gaze on her.

She looked up at me and looked back at her system. I got up and sat beside her. I felt her getting stiff. She was trying to concentrate on her work but she couldn't because of my gaze. I was feeling proud for the effect I have on her.

Wait.

Why am I feeling proud? I don't know whether she still loves me or not. And I myself don't know the feelings I have for her. I guess I'm mad.

"Bela....can I ask you something"? I asked.

"Yes...yes Mahir you can", she said.

"How did you stay alone in London when you can't sleep alone"? I asked and slapped myself internally for beating around the bush.

"I.. I stayed with my friend Suhani", she said.

"Oh", I said. Now I thought to ask the actual question but it again turned out into something else.

"Did you get your dream job", I asked and I was pissed off myself. Why am I not able to ask her a single question properly.

"Yes..I..I..did", she said.

Ok, now no beating around the bush. She was my friend and there is no awkwardness in asking her.

"Bela"? I called her.

"Yes", she said.

"Nothing..nothing", I said.

Come on Mahir. She will not eat you. You can ask her. You can do it buddy. It was more difficult than proposing Bani in front of everyone. God. Please help me.

She is Bela. My Bela. My best friend. I am comfortable with her and so is she. Come on Mahir. Go ahead. You can ask.

I shifted close to her and kept her laptop on coffee table. She was looking shocked. Slowly I went close to her and took her hand in mine. She was warm. Her cheeks were getting red. God. Is this my effect?

"Bela I want to ask you something", I said caressing her hand. She was shivering under my touch. I could feel her. She just nodded her head in acceptance.

"Did you love anyone in the past, or do you love anyone now"? I asked.

________
Oh my god. Did these people just spilled the beans? Mahir got to know about Bela's love. Don't you think Mahir started developing feelings for her?

Hey people. The next chapter will be intense and emotional people brace yourself up. I guess I'm going to make you all cry including my self. Hope you liked this chapter.

Next update after 160 votes. Silent readers, I love you all too.

Vote, comment and share.

Stay home stay safe.

Eid Mubarak to everyone🤗🤗.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

58.4K 6.2K 31
Yuvi and Juhi are all set to get married after being in a relationship for one year. The Sehgal's and the Sharma's are very much excited for the Wed...
25.8K 2.5K 12
A cute BeHir story with no twists and turns.. Being an introvert and a reserved person Bela din't even wanted to fall in love, she was waiting for he...
123K 14.1K 64
Meet the Mahir Sehgal and Bela Sharma.. they met, became friends but marriage? The had to marry, at the spot all of a sudden.. One side is mahir who...
167K 14.6K 60
𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨...