Baring My Soul (poetry)

By JackieMarie92

This is a collection of poems that I've written over the years, some of them are free verse and some rhyme. T... More

Love is...
Broken
God's Precious Angel
The Closed Door
Soft Heartbeat
Burning Hope
Capture My Heart
Powerless and Power-Hungry
This Old House
Waiting for Farewell
Heart Sill
You Know You Want It
She Said (A Quatern Poem)
I'm Listening, Moma
Mauthausen (Concentration Camp)

To Live Again

242 3 0
By JackieMarie92

To hide from him is to hide form life.

To talk to him is agonizing joy.

To trust him is to break her own heart.

To love him is to allow him to control her life.

To leave him is as painful as suicide.

To look at him is unbearable pain and unspeakable beauty.

To see him with someone new - to see him smile at her, hold her, be with her - is the most painful betrayal she's ever felt, but to know he's happy is the most comforting reality she can imagine.

To know she isn't good enough and can't make him happy herself is like the twisting of a knife in an old wound that reopens every time she sees them.

To know he will never be hers again is like watching the sun set over the horizon, knowing it will never rise again.

To see him smile is to set her whole world to right.

To hear him laugh is like unimaginable, exotic music to the ears of a musician who has been without beautiful music for too long.

To let him go is to lose a part of herself forever, for it was long ago surrendered to him.

To live without him is to live without ever being whole again and is exactly what she must do to ever truly live again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
28.9M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.5M 62.5K 39
แ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€Šแ€บแ€แ€ถแ€ทแ€‰แ€ฎแ€ธ + แ€”แ€พแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€ผแ€แ€บแ€˜แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธ
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...