Night Out / h.s

By americanmouth_x

It was never intended that I would meet Harry Styles. It was only intended to be a night out. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Not An Update!
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Three

76 6 1
By americanmouth_x

"Why do I even have to attend this idiotic party?" I groaned, as Demi threw dresses at me to try on.

"Again, it's not even a party, it's a Masquarde Ball. I don't know why you're complaining, people wouldn't even recognize you." She excalimed, as she turned on her curling wand. Her manicured nails tapping on it.

"Gee thanks," I sarcastically added.

"I did not bring my best friend to London so she could sit her lazy behind on the sofa. So get up, and throw this on." She commanded, throwing me a dress.

"But Demi-"

"Now." She snarled, her finger pointing towards the restroom.

Groaning, I walked to the bathroom. Truthfully, the dress was beautiful, yet simple. It was a bright shade of red, the dress trailed down to the floor, hugging my hips before falling loosely. I tugged on my hair, pinning it up into a sophisticated bun. I applied my makeup, before tugging on my heels.

"Damn Sel," Demi exclaimed as I stepped out "you look fine. That dress looked better than I thought."

"I feel like the girl on fire." I shuddered, applying my perfume.

"Well duh, you're so hot you're on flames."

"Shut up," I chucked, smacking Demi on her shoulder.

"Anyway are you ready? We're going to be late." She ran around the room getting her handbag.

"Aren't celebrities supposed to be 'fashionably' late? That's their thing isn't it?"

"Now when have I ever been late to an event? Never, and I ain't starting now. Let's go."

She pushed me out of the house, after getting our masquerade masks. I slid into the passenger seat, making sure my dress wouldn't get caught on the door. Turning on the car, she switched on the radio.

"Are you ready for your first party?" Demi exclaimed, a grin sketching on her face.

"And most likely my last." I repeated, as I looked out the window.

"Oh don't be such a negative nancy. You'll love it."

I remained quite, as I was forced into this situation. London was quite unique. It was its own batch of elegance. As the skyscraper soared high, the people remained in level. Everyone scurrying around, trying to beat time: when honestly, there was no way to beat it, just deceive it. The twinkling lights were illustrious, gentle and gorgeous. We pulled into what seemed a mansion. The cars lined up weren't ordinary ones: Bentley's, Porsches, and high end sport cars.

"We're here!" She squealed, as we pulled into the valet. Pulling on my mask quickly, I breathed in. My anxiety levels reaching their high.

"Just breath and have fun Sel."

"I'll try."

"Good evening mam'. How are you today?" The valet attendant asked politely as he helped me out of the car.

"I'm doing well thank you." I smiled politely, as I waited for Demi.

"C'mon, cheer up! Remember when we were thirteen, we made our-"

"Bucket list," we said in unison, laughing.

"It's about time to check this off. Let's go in."

We linked arms, as the paparazzi snapped photos. I could make out almost every celebrity that entered the building: Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Jay Z, Sandra Bullock.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed into Demi's ear. "Is that Justin Bieber?" I asked, my eyes traveling to the figure in front of us. His tuxedo was on point, with his hair pulled back.

"Out of all the people we passed, you squeal when you see him," She rolled her eyes."but yes that is Justin Bieber."

"Oh my gosh, he looks fine tonight. Finer than the magazines."

"You are totally drooling over him. Does my little Selena have a crush?" Demi squeezed my cheeks. "Why don't you go and talk to him?"

"No I can't."

"C'mon you're single and ready to mingle."

"You can't not just go up and talk to the Justin Bieber. You have to plan out what you say, know what questions you have to ask, know what to do." I explained, looking over at Justin, who no doubt in my mind was talking to Alfredo Flores.

"It's not that hard. You just have to walk up to him, and walk sassy. Then you say hello, but not like any other hello, say it with attitude. Then you guys will start mingling, and BAM! He will become you're baby daddy." She exclaimed, while she walked toward a table that was reserved for us.

"No, I can't talk to him. I think I'll hurl."

"Well you better not hurl anytime soon, cause he's coming over here."

My eyes snapped forward, and sure enough Justin Bieber was walking over here. His golden mask plastered on his face, and his pearly whites appearing. His hands were tucked into his pocket, and his eyes traveled between Demi and I. My heartbeat quickened, while the palm of my hands started to sweat. This couldn't be happening, he was actually coming over here.

"Hello," Justin simply spoke "I'm Justin."

"Oh she knows buddy. Has your poster hanging on her wall." Demi's voice rang, as my face turned the slightest bit of Crimson. Oh gosh, I'm going to murder her.

"A poster hanging on my wall is an understatement,"I looked into Justin's caramel eyes. "I'm Selena. Pleasure to meet you Justin." I stuck out my hand, waiting for him to shake it, but he gently placed his lips to my knuckles.

"The pleasure is all mine Selena. Would you like to dance?" He politely asked.

"Sure." And with that simple word said, he helped me up smoothly before walking towards the dance floor. His hand were placed delicately on the bottom of my back, while his other grasped my hand.

"You know, out of every female in here, you seemed to stick out. I don't know if it was your desire of wearing a red dress, compared to the black ones, or the fact that your naturally beautiful." His minty breath fanned my face, as he looked into my eyes. If it wasn't for his grip on me, my legs would have collapsed already.

"Thank you." I whispered, as he spun me around.

"Honestly, I'm not lying. The color red seems to go well with your skin." He hummed.

Although all the compliments he was throwing at me, I couldn't bare with the nagging feeling that someone, or something was watching me. It couldn't be Demi, since she's in front of me. My eyes scanned the room of masks and celebrities, but I couldn't spot anyone.

"What's wrong? Am I boring you already?"

"No no," I contradicted, shaking me head. "I'm just nervous." I half lied.

"Why should you be nervous? I think I'm more nervous than you," he laughed halfheartedly.

"I'm dancing with you: Justin Bieber." I pointed out. "How could I not be nervous. Any girl would be dying to be in my place, why me?"

His caramel sparkled with curiosity. He pink tongue swiped over his lips, before speaking.

"You could tell, how natural you were. Not because you were wearing a silk dress, or high heels, or make up. But the way your eyes maneuvered the room, they sparkled with curiosity. You intrigue me." he whispered cautiously, his hand pulling a piece of my hair around my ear.

"Is that what you tell every other girl?" I asked as I let go of his grasp. His eyes widened, surprised at my actions.

Turning around, I swiftly moved through the sea of people hearing Justin's voice calling mine. As I entered a corridor, I quickly slid into one of the dormitories. Tears brimmed my eyes threatening to spill. Attempting to calm my shallow breaths, somebody entered the room.

"Sel?" Demi's voice quivered, as she took me into her embrace. "What's wrong?"

A quiet sob escaped my mouth.

"He told me," I attempted to speak, without sobbing, "what Jason told me, when we meet each other." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"He told me 'you intrigue me', the same words Jason spoke. How?" I silently cried, as she rubbed my back. Memories flooding back.

"Look Sel," she gently grabbed my face, making my puffy eyes look at her. " if Jason was still with us, he would want you, no, need you to be happy. To move on. To live a life without him. He's still near you, just not with you." I nodded, sniffling.

"You're right, I just need a moment alone Demi. Please."

"Of course."

She closed the door, as I attempted to redo my make up. Which didn't work out great. Sighing I decided to call it a night. Grabbing my phone, I headed towards the emergency exit. Demi would be worried, but I didn't want to be a burden. I'll just text her later. As I pushed the door open, a gust of bitter wind hit my face, goosebumps rising all over my skin.

"Great." I murmured, as I tried to unlock my phone. Stupid iPhone. Multiple times the no battery screen appeared, which infuriated me. Grabbing my mask I threw it, as I collided with something.

"Dammit," I cursed, as I tried to regain my balance. "I am so sorry, I wasn't looking nor paying attention.

"Don't worry about it." A deep husky voice rang, which brought my attention to his features. Emerald eyes, full pink lips, a set of gorgeous brown curly hair. My eyes widened.

"Holy shit, you're Harry Styles."

_________________________

Comment! Vote! I always adore your feedback.

x. Jackie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 150K 89
Maybe she shouldn't have opened her door in the middle of the night. 24/06/19 #3 in fanfiction 24/06/19 #3 in romance
6.2K 120 10
Harry and Louis were the happiest couple, they had everything they could ask for, yes, they were closeted by their management but that didn't matter...
1.7K 49 37
All I wanted was one summer. A summer where I could forget the inevitable ending to my short story and focus on now. I had everything planned out, on...
3.1K 185 10
What would you do if you got to meet your favourite one direction member? Especially on your birthday? Well, this gal here got lucky and got her drea...