FATE || Levi x Reader

By toffy59

ON HOLD ------------------ Titans were the only thing people feared, so they had walls built so high that it... More

Introductions: Before The Story Starts
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
A Letter to My Readers

Chapter 8

15.5K 648 1.8K
By toffy59

Markings

"Marco, we should split up" (Y/n) speaks up, her blades cutting the nape of another titan, "There are too many titans in the middle section which means that the front forces have fallen. I'm going to head over there to check on them."

"That could be dangerous if you go by yourself," Marco reasons with her, "You're going to get yourself killed. I won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you."

"Why is everyone acting like I'm going to die?" (Y/n) mumbles and then raises her voice, "Marco! Listen to me. I can cut down a few more titans which will give the people a bigger time frame to escape the city. Go find the others, I'll meet you at HQ."

The freckled boy went to refute her statement, but she had swung off the roof before he could say anything. He sighs and heads towards the middle where his friends should be fighting off the titans.

(Y/n)'s (h/c) hair was a mess. It had all kinds of knots from flying through Trost and escaping the various titan hands. She notices a familiar blonde boy who was about to fall victim to a titan's mouth. She rushes to it and sees Eren grab onto Armin, throwing him back onto the roof. 

"Eren!" (Y/n) screams out, but she was too late. The titan snaps its mouth shut on her friend's arm, swallowing him gleefully. (Y/n) felt tears stream down her face, "Armin, fuck."

She wraps her arm around Armin's torso and pulls him off the roof, onto another red roof that was far away from the bearded titan. She lets go of Armin, he was crying just like her. He shamefully looks up at his friend.

"I'm a failure! I let Eren die because I was weak!" Armin cries out, lowering his head onto the red roof. His body was shaking. (Y/n) wraps her arms around her friend.

"Armin, shut up!" she screams at him, "He saved you, so you are going to get your shit together and move on with me. We can mourn later!"

Armin was still shaking and panic started bubbling in (Y/n)'s veins. She could have saved her friend if she had just wielded the air to kill the titan, but she chose to keep her secret instead of saving her best friend. Armin shouldn't be the one feeling guilty, it should be her. Connie runs up to the two and places a hand on their shoulders.

"Where are your squads?" Connie asks and he notices how tears were running down their cheeks.

"Armin's squad is dead" (Y/n) replies and wipes away at her tears, her expression turning stoic, "That includes Eren. I split from my squad."

Krista rushes over to (Y/n), wrapping her in a tight hug. (Y/n) smiles down at the girl, "There's no time for crying right now, Armin. We have to go."

The blonde boy gets up from his kneeled position. He walks over to the roof's edge and jumps off, his wires shooting onto another roof and swinging away, "Armin!"

"What the fuck was that for?" (Y/n) mumbles, her teeth grinding.

"We should go after him!" Krista shouts, but Ymir holds her back.

"I'll take care of it" (Y/n) states, "I'll meet you guys on the other side."

"The other side better not mean heaven!" Krista shouts.

(Y/n) winks at them and dives off the roof. She free falls until she gets close to the ground where she shoots her wires forward, slingshotting herself into the air. She moves quickly around the houses, trying to find her blonde friend. Where could have he gone? she thinks to herself, panicking at the thought of another one of her friends being dead.

She lands onto a red roof, watching over the city to try and spot her friend, "Fuck it."

The (h/c) haired girl unravels the bandage around her hand, throwing it down onto the roof, "I can't let anyone else die."

She brings her eyes up to the cloudy skies. Her left hand was trembling, feeling the power surge through her. (Y/n) had figured out that her left hand was best at controlling her wind power. Fredrik had taught her that there are special channels in a demon's body that let power exist. The pentagram was a seal to allow power to flow in and out of their body. So by that logic, the line was a channel like a regular pentagram.

(Y/n) scans her surroundings, noticing that there was a group of people crowding around on roofs. She checks to see if (c/n) was still in the small sack and she was just happily sleeping like if nothing was going on. There's definitely something strange with this cat, she thinks as she swings over there in hopes that maybe Armin was there with them. Once she appears on the roof, Jean runs up to her.

"Have you seen Armin?" (Y/n) cuts him off and he shakes his head.

"Our tanks are low on fuel and the supply team hasn't come to help us" Jean responds, his face falling. He brings his hands up to her face, holding it softly, and he stares into her eyes, "I'm glad that you're here,  safe with me for now."

"(Y/n)!" Connie yells at her but stops in his tracks when he notices that his friend was definitely about to kiss her. (Y/n) turns her head towards Connie, completely ignoring how Jean was leaning his face into hers.

"Connie, did you see Armin on his way here?" (Y/n) asks him, her arms grabbing onto his shoulders to secure him in place.

"No, I'm sorry" Connie replies and his lips turn down in a frown, "What are we going to do? We're trapped on these roofs. Where are the officials?"

"They gave up on fighting, they decided to trap themselves in HQ" Jean speaks up, pointing at the building full of titans, "I understand why they did it. We're all doomed."

"Tch. They're bastards that turn their backs on comrades" (Y/n) yells out in anger, catching the attention of the other cadets. She turns to them, raising her hands up like if she was priest, "Listen up, all of you. We're going to make our way to HQ. It's the only way we have a chance at survival. Those how are skilled in ODM gear will lead in the front, the sides, and the back-"

"Wait a minute" a random Garrison soldier shouts, "Who do you think you are for giving us orders?"

"I'm your god damn last hope" (Y/n) shouts back, stomping her foot on the ground, "Put your faith in me and you won't die in vain! Some of us won't make it, and I will hold that burden for the rest of my life. But if you die, you die in your families' and your friends' sake. So man the fuck up, all of you, and follow me!"

Everyone stayed silent. The members of the 104th Cadet Corps that had trained with her couldn't believe that someone who was always being lazy and getting the worst grades was claiming that she would lead them. The Garrison members couldn't believe that a kid was shouting out orders at them especially one that is carrying a cat.

"Now, if you want a chance to live, then get closer to me so we discuss formation" (Y/n) commands, "For the rest who want to stay here, your fight is over. Thank you for serving."

Her words had reached the hearts of everyone around her. The honesty of her words and the powerful message behind them brought them close to her. Jean holds out his hand for (Y/n) and she takes it. She steps onto a higher part of the roof with the help of Jean. She saw the familiar faces of her friends, Armin was there with Mikasa. They were all looking at her, waiting for her next words.

"The Garrisons will take the front, back, and sides, you guys have the most skill out of us here," she says, "The 104th Cadet Corps will handle the middle, however, some of us will join the Garrisons if they lose numbers. We will form a diamond shape, it cannot be broken. If you have complaints, then die with them."

"I will try to keep you all save," (Y/n) states, "But I can't guarantee everyone will live. There is one more thing. Never look back, always look forward. Garrisons get in your groups, the rest of you identify your remaining squads so I can shift everyone around. Mikasa and Annie, you'll be in front with me."

Jean helps her get down and she takes the sack off her chest that was holding (c/n). She walks over to Ymir, "Please take care of her."

Ymir nods and wraps the cape around her chest. (C/n) was still joyfully sleeping and lets out a soft purr to show she was comfortable. Her friends gather around them.

"I'm so sorry," Armin says and brings his hands to his eyes as tears start coming out, "I have failed you."

(Y/n) gives him a sad smile and wraps her arms around him. It felt like the time when they were children in Shinganshina. They had promised each other to survive before they had parted ways, "Armin, you have not failed anyone. We still have a chance to live, all of us and we can join the Survey Corps in honor of Eren. Just be strong for me for a little bit longer. I need you all to be strong."

Her friends watch her figure. She brings her hands down to her side, "I am not sure if I'll be able to explain who I am or what I am after this. So if I die, please remember me as the lazy girl who always sat out on training."

"You're not going to die, we'll all come out alive," Marco says and places a hand on her shoulder.

(Y/n) scans at the different expressions on her friends' faces. They were all terrified. It was another reason for her to finally show the world who she really was. She felt the wind lick at her hand in anticipation, "Alright, I'm going to go form the groups. I'll be back."

(Y/n) had made squads of four that were all to be shaped like diamonds. The Garrisons were of course placed on the outside of the diamond, some of them complained but one glare at them and they shut their mouths. 

Krista, Connie, Sasha, and Armin were placed in the middle of the diamond. Reiner, Bertholdt, Jean, and Marco were placed on the left and right side of the middle. (Y/n), Annie, and Mikasa were to hold up the lead, swiping in and killing off the titans if the Garrisons couldn't.

"Did you put me near the middle so I won't get hurt, princess?" Reiner asks, "I can easily take down the titans."

"You're good, but your gas usage is ass" (Y/n) states, "Plus, I know the Garrisons won't be able to hold onto their formation so you're backup. I'm counting on you to protect our friends."

Reiner nods and wraps his arm around her like he always does, "Man, you're so smart! I bet the higher-ups will definitely favor you."

"I don't need anyone's acknowledgement," (Y/n) says with a smirk, "What I really need is booze and enough to knock out my liver."

"I didn't know you drank, princess," Reiner says and moves his arm away from her to directly look at her.

"There's a lot of things people don't know about me" (Y/n) mumbles. She looks up at the blonde and smile appears on her face, "Be safe."

Reiner mutters the same thing back at her and she moves on to talk to the rest of her friends before heading off. Connie and Sasha were trembling so badly that (Y/n) took pity on them. Jean and Marco were trying to calm them down but it was clear that they two were just as terrified. Ymir was comforting Krista so (Y/n) didn't interfere. She made her way to Annie. The blonde was staring at the hole in the wall.

"Please tell me that I'm not out of my fucking mind," (Y/n) whispers to her friend. Annie turns around, the stoic expression melting away when she notices how worried (Y/n) is.

"You didn't have to do that" Annie mumbles and holds onto (Y/n)'s hand, "You don't have to lead these idiots."

"If I don't then who will?" (Y/n) asks her friend, "Hey, do you remember the first time we met? You scared the shit out of me. I thought you were a damn ghost or something."

"Is that why you had a panic attack after I left?" Annie questions her.

"No, that was just something stupid Sasha said" (Y/n) replies. Her hand slides up to Annie's wrist and pulls her close into a hug. (Y/n) moves her lips to Annie's ear, "If I find out you had anything to do with this, then you better know that no amount of love I have for you will keep me from strangling you in your sleep."

Annie froze under her hug. Her best friend had suspicions that she was involved with the attack on Trost. So she let out a laugh that sounded more she had choked, "You are definitely out of your fucking mind, (Y/n) (L/n)."

The said girl let out a snort at the comment and backed away from her blonde friend. Satan knew how much (Y/n) wanted to act upon her feelings, but if she had kissed Annie right there and then it would be awkward to explain later if they came out alive. Plus, she had the same feelings towards Ymir and she just couldn't do that to the freckled girl.

"I'm going to go check on Mikasa and Armin, I'll see you up front" (Y/n) finally says and leaves to find her childhood friends. Armin was sitting on the roof, his head buried in his hands while Mikasa watches him.

"Armin, Eren would have wanted us to live" Mikasa softly says to him, "We have to go and complete his wish."

Armin opens his mouth to reply to her, but (Y/n) lifted her left hand up. His eyes widen when he sees the marking perfectly on her unscarred (s/c) skin, "Armin, Mikasa, let's get through this first and then we'll avenge Eren."

Both girls kneel down and sandwich Armin in a hug. They didn't have to speak to each other to understand the emotions they felt. Just by the way they hold onto each other, their emotions were apparent. (Y/n) is the first to let go and stands up. She smiles down at her friends and glances over at the titans that were slowly making their way to them.

"Alright, everyone! Positions!" (Y/n) shouts and everyone runs to get into their assigned spots, "Do not look back! Ready your blades, and let's move onward!"

Connie lets out a battle cry that caught onto Sasha, and then Marco, and then more people. The diamond shape was proven to be efficient for the first few minutes until the Garrisons became too petrified at the giant, smiling titans and decided to break the shape.

"Bastards!" (Y/n) yells out and cuts down a 3-meter titan that was in front of them. Mikasa is going way to damn fast, she was going to get herself killed. Just like that, Mikasa's gear stops working and comes crashing down into a street, "Armin! Connie!"

The two males nod and swing towards where Mikasa had most likely fallen. (Y/n) wanted to go down and help her friend, but the many were more important than the few right now. A mistake that she would regret if the three end up dying.

"Jean! Take the lead with Annie" (Y/n) shouts and slows down to move next to him, "I believe in you."

Before Jean could argue with her, she unhooks her wires from the building and lets herself free fall onto the ground. She flips her body in the air, landing on her feet like if she had simply jumped off a crate. She watches as they move on towards HQ.

"Time to go demon mode" (Y/n) mumbles to herself and lifts up her left hand. Back at the brothel, she had asked Elma how she was able to locate where people were in missions since she was deaf. Elma had then taught her a cool trick that uses the air. Basically, she could use the air to tune into any sort of motion.

(Y/n) let her eyes close and her mind travels through the wind, hoping to detect any sort of movement that belonged to her friends. And she did, she could sense Mikasa's scarf whip in the air. (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief and headed towards her friends. They were up on a roof, "Are you guys okay?"

(Y/n) shoots her hooks onto the roof and moves up, her gear began giving out from the lack of gas. She, however, was able to land on the roof right when it died, "Looks like I'm out of gas."

"(Y/n), if you hadn't come after us then you wouldn't be out of gas" Armin says, still shaking, "I'm sorry!"

"Everyone, calm down" (Y/n) calmly says, "I don't need gas, in fact, I don't even need this gear."

"What do you mean?" Connie asks, but 15-meter titan suddenly appeared in front of them, making their heads snap towards the titan. Actually, it was two 15-meter titans, "We're doomed!"

"No," Mikasa says, her eyes fixated on the titans, "That one is different."

The titan with the long hair lets out a cry and raises its fist up to stand in defence. Their eyes widen, realizing that the titan was intelligent enough to understand simple hand to hand combat. The other titan charges at the intelligent titan and before it could eve get close, the intelligent slaps the other titan's head off.

"Holy shit!" (Y/n) screams in shock. They watch as the head slams into a tower and gets stuck in there, "We better get out of here!"

"No, he has no reaction to us," Armin says.

"And he understands hand to hand combat" Mikasa speaks up.

"That doesn't matter, it's just an abnormal," Connie argues and goes to head off, "We have to get out of here."

"Wait! Mikasa's and (Y/n)'s tanks are empty" Armin says and takes out his gas canisters from his gear, "There is only enough for one of us."

"I don't need them, give them to Mikasa" (Y/n) states and Mikasa tries to reason with her, but she raises up her left hand to silence all of them, "Armin, I'll carry you back. Do not ask me questions about what I'm about to do. I will answer everything after we get out of Trost, safely."

Armin finishes putting the tanks on Mikasa's gear. (Y/n) picks up Armin bridal style, surprising him and her friends, "Mikasa, Connie, you go ahead and clear up a path for us. We'll follow behind."

Mikasa and Connie kept their questions to themselves and launch themselves to make a path, "Armin, hold on tight."

The blonde boy wraps his arms tightly around her neck. (Y/n) crouches down, concentrating air under her feet. Once enough pressure was build-up under the soles of her feet, she launches herself into the air, flying through the air. Armin lets out a scream from the sudden force making (Y/n) smirk.

---------------------------

Three published chapters in one day? Yes because I'm trying to ignore reality.

~toffy59

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 19.8K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
5.9K 532 15
| synopsis | - ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด!๐˜ˆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ - Definitely, opening your eyes like a titan in the world of Shinge...
214 1 6
Growing up with a different lifestyle while attending a school with students that have a whole different lifestyle from you is challenging. You've be...
4.1K 111 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...