The God and the Thief

By chronicillnephilim

Cipher is the "God" of the forest around Gravity Falls and it's his job to protect it and it's creatures. He... More

Prologue
Back In Gravity Falls(1)
The Statue(2)
Talk to me(3)
Get to know me(4)
Two invaders(5)
Lock Down(6)
Rocks in my Window(7)
Rapunzel Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair(8)
Fighting(9)
Run Away(10)
Man Hunt(11)
Valentine's Day (short)
New Routine Morning(12)
Investigation(13)
Talk To Me(14)
Sunset (15)
The Journal(16)
Milo(17)
Quiet Meeting (18)
People on the Inside(19)
The Letter(21)
Thief(22)
Nose to Nose Confrontation(23)
Seperation(24)
Just A Few Inches(25)
1 More Kiss... or 2 (26)
Morning After(27)
Caught(28)
The Truth(29)
Pitch Black(30)
Walk in the Forest(31)
Aftermath(32)
No News is Bad News(33)
Elin(34)
Don't Stand In My Way(35)
Into Town(36)
The Griffin(37)
Ghost Town(38)
Manly Men?(39)
Piedmont Reunion(40)
Lets Explain...(41)
Missed You(42)
I'm UP(43)
The Story's Beginning(44)
The Story(45)
Hours After(46)
THE END(47)
Epilogue
New Book

Good Night(20)

1.8K 101 22
By chronicillnephilim

Dipper POV

When I woke, the sun was going down, I had slept through the whole day. My brain felt like it had been reset and it took a moment for my body to realize I wasn't dead. But in a few minutes I was up and moving. I didn't really have anywhere to go however so instead I pulled both the journals from my bag.

The first journal I had read I opened first, skimming through each page notes and paper I had added when translating it.

But the second book was the one that really caught my attention, so I closed the first journal to let it rest in my lap as I opened the other. In under a few minutes Wendy's once clean bed had been turned into a desk for me, scattered in pages of notes and torn pieces of paper that would go into the journal as I worked.

Diving into the journal.

It was a lot like the first journal I read, it covered creatures that were the other journal but it also covered animals that I could only guess had gone extinct by now, and the only mention they ever existed was now left in this book, coded in layers and layers of ciphers.

As I read I could see the differences between how he wrote back then and down. He was a lot more proper before, and explained in more detail about each creature and their habits, the do's and don'ts of interacting with them. He had less pages about his personal day to day in this journal to my disappointment, I hadn't realized how much I was looking forward to reading more of those entries.

Wendy's room had a small window looking upwards so I could see the sky, the sun was long gone but that didn't stop my brain from day dreaming about watching the sunset will Bill again high in the sky.

Feeling his arms around me, the soft warmth of the sun melting into the warmth of his skin. The sway of the arm around us as we slowly turned, I watched the sun go down over his shoulder to the east and the sky dance in dark blues and purples to the west. We had been so quiet I could hear his breathing, slow and steady every now and again he would sigh and my eyelids would get heavier.

The sound of the front door opening woke me from the daydream. Light foot steps followed the noise all the way to right outside the door. She knocked softly, "You awake in there?" I heard her whisper.

"Yes, Wendy you can come in." I answered.

The door cracked open and she peaked her head in, she looked completely exhausted , but she smiled through it for me, so I smiled back at her. She stepped in closing the door behind her then leaned on it.

"What's all this?" She asked, her eyes scanning over the messing notes, crumpled paper, and the journal.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to take over your room." I blushed realizing I had made a huge mess of her bed.

"No it's fine." she sighed, I watched her lay even more of her weight into the door, subconsciously trying to get off her feet.

"Wendy you're exhausted, come on over and sit down," I usher clearing a spot on the bed for her.

"Thank you," she sighed before melting onto the bed next to me, she picked up some of my notes, "Now really, what are all these?"

I picked up the journal to show her, "One of Bill's journals. He writes them in codes on top of codes so in order to read them, I first have to decipher them."

She took it from my hands holding it carefully, "Did he give this to you?" She asked, looking too scared to open it.

I laughed lightly, "No, not really."

She quickly dropped the journal onto the bed, "You stole it!" she hissed.

"No!" I barked, "I borrowed it! I'll give it back."

"So he knows you have it?"

"No," I said, picking up the journal leafing through till I found the page I left off on.

She punched my shoulder, but not hard enough to hurt me, I knew she could if she wanted to though. "Dude! I know you weren't here the last time his journal went missing but it was bad! You have to return it!!"

I smiled and reached into my bag, "You mean this one?" I asked pulling out the other journal.

She simply stared at it.

I shook my head, "besides he won't do that again, this time he knows to come looking for me."

"I can't believe you! I can't believe you're not dead!" she hit me again before running her hands into her hair, pulling the hair tie out and letting her hair fall in saccades over her shoulders.

I smiled, "I'm fine, but you're exhausted, I'll clean up the bed so you can get some sleep."

She closed her eyes, humming, "You're not wrong. But where will you sleep?"

"Who said anything about me needing more sleep, I slept through the day." I hummed back pulling together all the notes and paper and putting it between the pages of the journal.

She lazily watched me clean up, "That wouldn't have been enough sleep, you should still sleep tonight." Her hands reached for my face, as to add to her point she ran her thumbs under my eyes. Where deep sleep deprived bags must be.

"Fine fine," I breathed in surender, at the sign of my defeet she let go, falling back into the bed, closing her eyes as she laid down.

I laughed, "You're still fully dressed, haven't even taken your shoes off. You should change before you pass out."

She growled at me but she dragged herself from the bed over to her dresser, grabbing the first things she saw she stumbled out the room, muttering something about changing and grabbing some clothes for me as well. Before I could stop her to say otherwise she closed the door.

I turned back to my stuff, putting the journals in my bag and moving it from the bed.

She came back a few minutes later wearing a loose white tank top and basketball shorts, she tossed me a large green T-shirt and a black pair of basketball shorts, not unlike the ones she was wearing.

"Go change." she said ushering me out of the room and into the hall bathroom.

When I went back to her room she was sprawled on the bed, "Just came in for a blanket," I whispered when she opened an eye to look at me.

She breathed and adustied over in the bed, "Can't sleep in the living room, and I'm not moving."

I laughed, "I'm not sharing a bed with you Wendy."

"Yes you are." she said sleepily pushing herself up on her elbows.

"I'll sleep on the floor."

"No." she hissed, reaching over she grabbed my arm pulling me down to the bed.

"Wendy-" I protested but she just shushed me.

"Lay down and sleep."

I gave in laying in the bed next to her, she simply smiled and rolled over so her back faced me, with one deep breath I could hear she fell fast asleep.

--Time skip--

I woke to a weight shifting on my chest. I sighed not ready to open my eyes, but the weight shifted again. Slowly I opened my eyes to see what it was, or who it was laying on me.

For a moment some part of my brain whispered it was Bill, the image of his head lay on my chest as he slept filled my mind. But it wasn't him. No, the head laying on my chest was haloed in tangled curls of bright orange hair.

Wendy stirred again in her sleep, I could tell she was waking up.

I took a deep breath, slowly sitting up as she woke. Half awake and half asleep she lifted her head resting her chin on my chest, looking at me through barely open eyes.

"Good morning." I muttered

"Hmm" was her only response, that is till she realized where she was. Quickly she sat up, "sorry sorry."

I laughed lightly, "It's fine."

She blushed running her hands through her hair, trying to detangle it and straighten herself up.

"You promised I wouldn't have to go out on a search today, so what's your plan?" she asked, her voice was scratchy and hoarse.

"I'll tell you, but let's talk about it over breakfast." I said with a smile.

"Ok," she agreed, smiling back we both got up stretching and making our way to the kitchen.

She pulled out a thing of milk and cereal, "alright, out with it."

"Alright, I'm going to need some paper."

___________________

Oh how I love cliffhangers. Don't you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 5.2K 24
Dipper Pines, a human teen crossed paths with Bill Cipher, the head vampire of Gravity Falls, who bites Dipper and turns him into a bloodsucking crea...
34.1K 1.3K 26
The Dream Flower~ One of the most rarest flowers ever. Only a few exist now but no one can find them. They are considered only myths or legends. Some...
142K 4.3K 23
This story is about Dipper Pines and Bill Cipher! What happens when Bill Cipher has a son he can't keep? What happens when Dipper finds out that Mabl...
18.9K 901 11
(This is the next book to my previous fanfic: Take Over) After Dipper was killed by Bill, Stan made a deal that he would give Bill the journals if he...