HUMBLE BEGINNINGS || T. SHELB...

By AMRivers

Tabitha Hearn is a young gypsy woman whose father leads the Hearn Clan. With her father's bad health and moth... More

CAST (EDITED)
ACT ONE
ONE (EDITED)
TWO (EDITED)
THREE (EDITED)
FOUR (EDITED)
FIVE (EDITED)
SIX (EDITED)
SEVEN (EDITED)
EIGHT (EDITED)
NINE (EDITED)
TEN (EDITED)
ELEVEN (EDITED)
TWELVE (EDITED)
THIRTEEN (EDITED)
FOURTEEN (EDITED)
FIFTEEN (EDITED)
SIXTEEN (EDITED)
SEVENTEEN (EDITED)
EIGHTEEN (EDITED)
NINTEEN (EDITED)
TWENTY (EDITED)
TWENTY-ONE (EDITED)
ACT TWO
TWENTY-THREE (EDITED)
TWENTY-FOUR (EDITED)
TWENTY-FIVE (EDITED)
TWENTY-SIX (EDITED)
TWENTY-SEVEN (EDITED)
TWENTY-EIGHT (EDITED)
TWENTY-NINE (EDITED)
THIRTY (EDITED)
THIRTY-ONE (EDITED)
THIRTY-TWO (EDITED)
THIRTY-THREE (EDITED)
THIRTY-FOUR (EDITED)
THIRTY-FIVE (EDITED)
THIRTY-SIX (EDITED)

TWENTY-TWO (EDITED)

22.9K 654 48
By AMRivers

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Two Years Later

IT WAS 1921.

Two years since the battle against Kimber, since Tabitha and Grace said goodbye. Things in Small Heath didn't change, except the Peaky Blinders becoming the third biggest race track in England, adding to their power as the tried reaching to London. Tabitha and Thomas Shelby were the power couple in all of Birmingham, untouchable and feared. What once started as a blind, loveless marriage, became a real one.

Tabitha still had a kind nature, but she was terrifying when she was angry. Small Heath knew she was the one who killed Billy Kimber, so no one messed with her. They didn't even mess with her because of the fact she was Thomas Shelby's wife. She even accomplished having the look, a look every woman had that feared both husbands and children. Tabitha was included in on big company decisions, allowed to have an opinion of her own like Polly. One day, she was going to replace Polly as the Matriarch of the Shelby family, a role the gypsy woman was nervous to fill. Some even called her the Queen of the Peaky Blinders.

Thomas and Tabitha were more in love than they were before, knowing they were meant to get married. Tabitha was the first one he went to about ideas on expanding the business, she became his right hand man and valued her opinion. Polly and Thomas' brothers knew if there was anyone Thomas listened to concerning business, it was Tabitha.

Two Years since Thomas and Tabitha's wedding, Tabitha got a letter from her younger sister Penelope in the Hearn family village. The letter told Tabitha that Penelope was getting married in the next two weeks and Tabitha was very excited. The letter also said the man she was marrying was a gypsy man who lived in Sokovia named Elijah Maximoff, and that they were going to live together in the family village. If course, Tabitha had to be there for her little sister's wedding, and she was going to bring Thomas too. The Blinder Queen missed her family home and everyone there.

The morning of the wedding was busy as Tabitha got into a new blue dress she bought for the occasion. She got Thomas a matching black suit with a blue tie to wear as well, as much as he didn't want to go.

"Do we both have to go to this wedding?" Thomas asked as Tabitha fixed his tie. "The boys are already going to be busy today."

"It's my sister's wedding, Tommy, and she's your sister in-law, too," Tabitha said, finishing tightening his tie. "And I'm not missing this occasion for the world."

"What if something bad happens here while we're away?"

"Nothing is going to happen. Today is a good day."

"Tab, I feel like something bad is going to-"

"Tommy, I said it's. A good. Day." Tabitha growled the last parts before getting on her tip toes and pecking Thomas' lips. Then she gave a playful smirk and wiggled her brows. "Besides, I'll make up for it when we come back home, if you want want."

Thomas smirked as well from how great that sounded, raising a brow.

"Will you now?" Thomas asked, his voice low and husk.

"Oh, I will," Tabitha replied, biting her lip as her hand wrapped around his tie.

She pulled him down and crashed her lips on his, then pulling away, opening their bedroom door.

"We got to get going or else we're going to be late," Tabitha continued, walking out of their bedroom.

"You say that likes its a bad thing," Thomas shouted after her, putting his peaky cap on. He fixed his tie and walked out of his bedroom.

There wasn't any bad traffic, so the drive from Small Heath to the Hearn family village wasn't long and far. Thomas and Tabitha got there right on time, her uncle's and cousins outside setting up the wedding, waving hello with big smiles.

They pulled up to Tabitha's home, where she was raised, and her parents and grandmother were waiting. Tabitha quick got out of the car and threw her arms around her mother and father, and Thomas chuckled from how childish she acted.

"Mamå! Tatå! Gran-gran!" Tabitha exclaimed happily before hugging her grandmother. "It's so good to see you."

"Tabby, darling, we've missed you!" Kezia chuckled.

"Tommy," Finneas greeted his son in-law with open arms.

"Finneas," Thomas greeted with his stoic expression, shaking hands with the Hearn patriarch

"Welcome back to the Hearn Village! Last time you were here was for you and Tabitha's wedding."

"What a shame too," grandma Irina sighed, eyes on her. "There are never any beefcakes like yourself that walk through."

"G-grandma!" Tabitha stuttered in embarrassment, her cheeks bright red. She stood beside Thomas, who smirked and stifled a laugh.

"Mother..." Finneas sighed, closing his eyes for a moment.

"Anyways, we're very glad you two could make it for Penelope's big day," Kezia said, changing the conversation. "She's really excited."

"I wouldn't miss this day for the world," Tabitha said with a smile. "So, do we like the groom? This Sokovian man that has caught the heart of our dear Penelope."

"We haven't known Elijah long, but he seems like a kind soul. They're both very in love." Kezia smiled. "I hope you two will stay for the reception."

"Of course, as long as we are welcome," Thomas answered, making sure not to upset Tabitha.

"Would you like to stay forever?" Grandma Irina asked Thomas. making Finneas and Kezia chuckle.

"You should go up and see your sisters, Tabby," Finneas told Tabitha, ignoring his mother's questioned. "They've missed you. I'll keep Tommy away from your grandmother."

Tabitha nodded, walking into her family home to see her younger siblings. Ocean was out helping set up, while Penelope and Charity were in Penelope's room getting the bride ready. Tabitha stood in the door frame of the room, watching with a smile before letting her presence be known. Charity was finishing Penelope's hair and pacing the flower crown on her head.

"You've planned out that outfit ever since you were five," Tabitha chuckled, making the two sisters turn their heads.

Penelope and Charity gasped, smiled quickly appearing on their faces. Both ran over to Tabitha, exclaiming her name, and throwing their arms around her, making her laugh.

"It's so good to see you!" Charity exclaimed. "We've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you both too," Tabitha said as they pulled away. Charity then left, letting her older sisters talk alone. "As if I'd ever miss my sister's wedding."

"I'm glad Mister Shelby allowed you to come," Penelope said.

"Tommy's here too, he wouldn't keep me away from an occasion like this. He may always be stoic and cold around others, but he's good to me, makes me happy."

"Oh, Tabby, I can't wait for you to meet Eli!" Penelope said, changing the topic. "He's so sweet and handsome, so amazing."

"That's good. All that matters is if you love him."

"Oh I do love him." Penelope's voice proved how much she loved Eli, her eyes as well. "I love him so much, he makes me happy like Tommy makes you happy."

"I'm glad," Tabitha said with a smile.

She stepped back taking in Penelope's dress, and her eyes started to water at how beautiful she looked.

"You look beautiful," Tabitha continued, then placing her hands on Penelope's shoulders. "I've never told you how proud I am, for stepping up and taking care of Charity and Ocean when I left. You've become a beautiful young woman, and now you're going to start a life of your own, have your own children to take care of. I've never been more proud of you until this moment, this day."

The words made tears stroll down Penelope's cheeks with a smile on her face. The younger sister threw her arms around Tabitha, making Tabitha chuckled as she hugged her back. They stayed in that embrace until Finneas entered the room, ready to give the bride away.

The wedding took place where Tabitha and Thomas were wed, the Hearn Family garden. The ceremony was similar as well, Penelope and her groom Elijah were sitting on cushions on their knees. Tabitha and Thomas were in the front row with her family, and Tabitha was already in years seeing her sister get married and remembering the day of her wedding. How far her and Thomas had come from what was once a loveless marriage to one full of love. Uncle Paul was giving the vows, just like he did at Thomas and Tabitha's wedding.

"Friends, family," Uncle Paul spoke up. "We're here today to join in matrimony, this man, and this women...in harmony and to join two families together, to become one," he started, then looking at Elijah.

The groom had chestnut Brown hair that went to the nape of his neck, and green eyes.

"Do you, Elijah Dimitri Maximoff, take Penelope Vadoma Hearn your lawful wedded wife, in sickness and in health, 'til death parts you both?"

"I do," Elijah said, smiling at Penelope.

"Do you, Penelope Vadoma Hearn, take Elijah Dimitri Maximoff as your lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in health, 'til death parts you both?"

"I do," Penelope answered with no hesitation.

"One more part remains in this ceremony," Uncle Paul continued, pulling the small, ornate dagger from Tabitha's wedding. "It is the unification of two bloods. So the two families become one family."

"I can't help but think about our wedding," Tabitha said to Thomas in a lowered voice. Both of them kept their eyes on Penelope and Elijah slitting their palms.

"All I can think about is how beautiful you've been since the day we met," Thomas replied, making Tabitha smile.

"Smooth moves, Tommy, smooth. Moves that I'll reward later at home."

"Now, I like the sound of that, Mrs Shelby."

Their fingers interlocked, making a small smile make it's way to Thomas' face as the bride and groom joined their body palms. Uncle as Paul announced Penelope and Elijah husband and wife, and everyone clapped and cheered as they kissed. Thomas' smile got bigger as he clapped.

Tabitha said it was going to be a good day and Thomas believed her. Little did they know of the tragedy happening at home in that moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 9.5K 42
"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be together. But they are the moon and...
253K 7.4K 30
Thomas and Tabitha's story continues as they tackle parenthood and those who threaten their family and business. [PEAKY BLINDERS] [TOMMY SHELBY X OC...
31.3K 1.2K 22
Anna-Maria Williams hates Thomas Shelby's guts. She thinks that he sees himself as the king of the world and everyone ought to bow before him but Ann...
132K 10.1K 68
"I do bad things. But you already know that." ~ Thomas Shelby A tragic misunderstanding. A murder. A secret. An unlikely partnership. When the disapp...