NINTEEN (EDITED)

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Traitor in the Midst

DAYS HAD PASSED.

Things between Tabitha and Thomas had gotten better when they professed the were in love with each other. After the night Tabitha gave him her virginity, almost every night for them was pure bliss leading up to the night before December third.

The morning of December third, Thomas and Tabitha Shelby laid in bed after a long night of love-making, his arms wrapped around her, holding her close as sunlight peaked through the curtains. Compared to Thomas' bed, the one in uncle Rooster's flat was bigger, but both had grown used to how small Thomas' bed was. It only meant they were able to hold each other closer.

Thomas was awake, watching Tabitha sleep peacefully on his chest. He didn't want to wake her up, but it was a big day, the day they took down Billy Kimber. There was gonna be a family meeting, and he wanted Tabitha. Tabitha belonged at Thomas' side, as the heads of the family, where she belonged all along. He had fallen completely, unconditionally in love with Tabitha Shelby, which was strange enough since they were already married.

Thomas planted a tender kiss on Tabitha's shoulder, softly moving up her neck trying to wake her up. Tabitha softly moaned, stirring from the sound of Thomas' chuckling muffled in her neck.

"Good morning, love," Thomas said, his voice more raspy from being a little groggy.

"Five more minutes," Tabitha moaned, turning over to lay on her stomach, her face in the pillow.

Thomas propped both of his arms on each side of Kit, hovering over her as he brought his lips to her ear.

"It's a big day today," he said.

"I know it's in both our job descriptions, but can postpone fighting and killing for another time?" Tabitha asked, turning over to face Thomas and his disbelief hair. "I don't want anyone to die, I want to have a good day."

"No one is going to die today." Thomas brushed the hair away from her face. "The only one who's gonna die today is Kimber. Tonight, we'll crack open a bottle of champagne and celebrate."

"Now that sounds like fun," she chuckled before Thomas planted a tender kiss of her lips.

That small kiss led to a deeper kiss, and Tabitha wrapped her arms around Thomas neck. He pulled away before it would've got out of control, as much as he wanted to. Tabitha sighed in response, already missing his lips on hers. She loved and hated how Thomas made her so soft at the same time.

"Believe me, I want to stay in bed with forever. It's really tempting," Thomas said "But I'm having a family meeting downstairs to go over today's plans, tell them today is the day."