The Only String Attached

By delicate_pearl

Life always gives a second chance for true lovers. Here Bela also got a second chance to express her love for... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
BONUS CHAPTER
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
IMPORTANT
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
INTERVIEW
38
39
40
41
42
AWARDS
New Story
BACK AGAIN

8

10.2K 607 89
By delicate_pearl

MAHIR

I got a call from my office that I'm wanted by them as there was some issue in my New York branch. I left for office today and told Bela that I will return by evening. I cleared the problem till afternoon and returned home. I ranged the door bell and as expected Bela opened it. Oh my god. She was standing in front of me just  wearing her tank top and shorts. I guess she was giving dry nursing to Mahira. She looked at me shocked and gave me way to get in. I entered inside and saw Vish.

"Hey Vish, how are you"? I asked.

"Hey Mahir, I'm fine. By the way I'm sorry for whatever happened", she said giving me a hug.

"It's....it's fine, it's just my fate", I said taking Mahira from her.

"Mahiraaa....see dadda is back as promised", I said giving her a peck on her nose.

She was clapping her hands and started playing with my beard. She was pulling my beard. I guess my baby don't like my beard.

"I'm sorry for not contacting you from six months, I messaged you but I din't get a reply from you Mahir", said Vish while apologizing.

"It's ok Vish, you at least messaged, some people don't even care whether we are alive or not", I said taunting Bela.

I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me with hurt. She removed her gaze from me and started searching for something.

"Mahir did Vyom informed you that he is coimng to meet you three"? asked Vish.

"Hmm ya I spoke to him", I told.

"Ok fine Mahir, I'm leaving. I need to meet Yuvi also", telling that she gave me and Bela a hug and kissed Mahira.

"Be in touch", I told  her.

Vish left to meet Yuvi and dad. I settled  on the couch putting Mahira on my stomach. Mahira started crawling on the floor from past one week. My baby is so fast. She was climbing from my stomach to chest catching my hands and started laughing. Bela was still searching for something.

"Bela are you searching for something"? I asked.

"Umm...yes", she said hesitating.

"What is it"? I asked.

"My..my shirt", she said.

"Where is it"? I asked playing with Mahira.

"Under you", she said. I looked at her and then looked where I was sitting. I was sitting on her shirt. Oh no. I immediately  got up and gave her shirt to her. We both were embarrassed .

I went inside and changed. She too came changed. We had lunch in silence.

Vyom came to meet us.

"Hey buddy..how are you"? said Vyom giving me a tight hug.

"Idiot...I'm fine until you came...now leave me", I said struggling under his arms.

"Mahirr...", he said looking at me with tears in his eyes. I understood what he wanted to tell.

"It's ok Vyom, it's fate we can't do anything", I said giving him another hug.

"Where are Bela and Mahira"? he asked wiping his tears.

"There they are", I said pointing towards them.

He saw them and went near them. He took Bela in a hug and started sobbing. He took Mahira in his arms and gave her a peck on forehead. Mahira started pushing Vyom with her little hands. We started laughing looking at them. She is still not used to new people.

"How are you Bela"? he asked.

"I'm fine Vyom", she said wiping her tears.

He treats Bani and Bela as his own sisters. He is also in a shock after knowing about Bani. And Bela returned after two years . He is feeling sad for whatever happened with me. But as Bani said it's just fate.

"Bela I will again come here with Vish and Yuvi, we need to talk to you", he said.

"Ok..fine Vyom", she said.

He gave Bela a peck on her forehead and took her in another hug. He must be missing Bani .

"Mahir I came to meet you people, but now I have to go. I will come some other day buddy", he said taking me in a hug.

"It's ok Vyom, you can come whenever you are free", I said.

Vyom left as he was a little busy. He came from states after one whole year. Now he is also a busy business man like me.

It's been weeks since Vyom's visit. Mahira is now seven moths old. She started crawling on the floor like an expert now. I heard from my mom that girls are faster than boys during their growing stages. My baby is a fast learner. I and Bela were playing with Mahira while sitting on the floor.

"Mahira...say mumma ....mumma", said Bela.

"Mum..Mum..", Mahira blabbered while we both were giggling.

"Mahira..say dadaa....dadda", I said.

"Shooo..shooo", she said while looking at me for which Bela was laughing and Mahira too started laughing as if she understood everything.

"Ok..so you are making fun of dadda"? I asked tickling her. She was laughing while struggling in my arms.

"Mumma...mummaa", said Mahira and we both froze looking at each other.

"Mahira baby, what did you say? Say it again baby", Bela said while gulping her lump formed in her throat.

"Mum...mummaa...", said Mahira while looking at Bela. Bela took her in her arms and showered her with kisses.

I was feeling a bit odd when Mahira called Bela as mumma. It's Bani's right. Bani is her mother. How can  Bela be called as Mahira's mumma. Tears started pooling in my eyes. My Bani would be happy when she hears Mahira calling her mumma. Mahira is very comfortable with Bela. I removed all the traces and memories of Bani from this house. But I cannot remove her from me. Mahira should never get to know about Bani. I don't want to put up a messed up family photo of mine even in her dreams. Mahira should never know about Bani. It may spoil her relationship with Bela.

"Mumma..mum..", Mahira started ranting and I came out of my thoughts.

Bela was looking at me with happy tears but I stormed out from there to balcony. I literally started crying thinking about Bani. She was my world. My mom left me and then Bani too. I was feeling suffocated.

"Mahir", I heard Bela calling me. I turned around and looked at her.

"Mahir I know you are upset that Mahira called me mumma, but I'm married to you for that reason", she was explaining herself. I stopped her by showing my hand.

"It is Bani's right and you took that", I said coldly.

She was hurt. It was clearly seen on her face. Tears started pooling in her eyes but she did not let them fall.

"Anyways you married me for that reason, now you are her mumma, I can't change that bitter truth", saying that I stormed out from there.

BELA

He said that I took Bani di's right. These words from Mahir were not expected. I took Bani di's right as a mother but he don't know what she took from me. And I never complained about it too. She took Mahir from me. She took my life from me. And these both took my sanity from me.I was not less than a mad girl when I heard about his proposal for my di. I had a mental torture for two months.

Maybe I took Bani di's right as mother, but Bani di was not less than my mother for me. She was a sister less and a mother more to me. God gave me an opportunity to say her thanks by making me Mahira's mother.

It's been a week since that incident and we were back to square one. Mahir was sleeping in his room and me in my room. Mahira was sleeping with me for a day and a day with Mahir. And as usual I again started taking my sleeping pills.

We were playing with Mahira in our balcony. Mahira really loves sitting on her swing.

"Mahir I think we should go for grocery shopping", I said.

"Hmm..Ok let's go. Get ready",he said taking Mahira with him.

I went inside and got dressed up for shopping. Mahir came out with Mahira , both looking fresh. Now he is capable of changing Mahira's clothes as she is little big now. We went to grocery shop and Mahir placed Mahira in her baby bag. They both were looking so cute like that. Mahir made Mahira sit in her bag facing towards the things. She was enjoying looking at the colorful things around her. Everyone in the store were looking at them with an amused expressions.

"Mumm..Mumma...", Mahira was giggling pointing me towards something.

"What is it baby", I asked her without looking at her as I was busy checking the list.

"Mumma...mumma..", now she was shouting. I looked at her and she was pointing towards ice cream. I was shocked. Ice cream? When did she have an ice cream.

"Mahiraa..when did you eat ice cream"?I asked narrowing my eyes. She was giggling and looked up at Mahir.

Mahir was trying to look away from me. Did Mahir made her eat?

"Mahir"? I called him.

"Bela..I swear I din't give her ice cream, she only took it from me", he said while looking at Mahira.

"Mahir, she is a baby and how will she take it from you"? I asked narrowing my eyes.

"Really Bela...Mahira only took it from me, right Mahira"? he asked looking at Mahira.

"Ice cream is not good for kids Mahir, she may catch cold easily", I said putting other things in the trolley.

"But she loves ice cream I guess", Mahir said while looking at Mahira for which Mahira started clapping her hands.

Everyone were looking at them with so much love.

"You are spoiling her Mahir", I said looking at him.

"Which flavour Mahira wants"? he asked Mahira and she was pointing towards choclate. Mahir also likes chocolate.

"You both are impossible", I said and both started giggling at me.

"Mumma is katti with Mahira, she will not talk to you", I said in baby tone.

"Mumma..mumm", she was pulling herself towards me. But Mahir came close to me so that Mahira can reach me. Mahira reached me and she was trying to climb on me.

"One minute baby", saying that Mahir removed his baby bag carefully and kept it on me carefully. Now I was carrying Mahira's baby bag and she was trying to kiss me.

I pulled back a little and said "Mumma..is really angry", I said.

"Dadaa...", she called and Mahir turned towards us.

He was so shocked and I can see the happiness in his eyes. 

"Say it again baby", I said. Mahir was not able to talk anything. He was surprised and din't come out of the surprise .

"Daddaa...", Mahira shouted gaining everyone's attention.

"Dadda loves you Mahira", saying that he hugged us. I was carrying Mahira in her baby bag and he just hugged her. Resulting taking me also in that hug.

His hands were around my waist and Mahira was near my stomach. He kissed Mahira still holding us in that hug. I was feeling butterflies in my stomach. Everyone were looking at us and started talking about us that we are a lovely family.

"Mahir..everyone's watching us", I said with difficulty.

He looked around and left us. Mahira was still clapping and giggling ranting dadda dadda again. 

He took chocolate ice cream and kept in our trolley. I shook my head smiling.

"Today mumma, dadda and Mahira will have ice cream", said Mahir while pecking her nose.

"You both are really impossible", I said looking at them. 

We went to the cash counter for billing. I was standing a bit far from him. He was paying the bill and Mahira was talking with me in her baby language making others laugh.

"You got a very beautiful family beta", said a lady looking at his.

"Thank you", I said blushing. 

God gave this family.

"Let's go Bela", said Mahir . We went out from the store and reached our home.

Mahira has fallen asleep. 

I cooked dinner for us and started working on my system. Mahir too was working while making a call.

"What do you mean that you don't know"? he shouted on the call. I flinched at his tone. I know that no one can bear his wrath when he is angry. I was scared that Mahira may get up from her sleep.

"Can't you people handle a single thing without me"? he shouted again. I was looking at him and he looked at me with that same angry face.

"Ok now no more excuses, or else I won't think twice for firing you and your team", he yelled on the hall.

I heard Mahira crying and I went to my room. She was crying very badly as her sleep was disturbed  by her dadda. I took her from the crib and started cooing her.

"It's ok baby, mumma is here", I said rocking her back. But she was unstoppable today. Mahir looked at us while talking on phone.

"Mail me those files today by night and if I find any mistakes in that, you and your team will be jobless by tomorrow", saying that he threw his phone on the couch.

He came to me and took a crying Mahira from me and started cooing her.

"Mahira..baby see dadda is here, why Mahira is crying", he said cooing her.

But Mahira was really making it hard. He took Mahira to our balcony and sat on the swing.

"See now dadda and Mahira baby will do jumping jumping..", said while making her jump.

"Mumma will make funny faces for Mahira", I said and started making faces .

She calmed a bit now. She started clapping her hands. I was still making faces to make her laugh.

"You are cute", said Mahir. I was looking at him shocked.

MAHIR

She was shocked. She was looking like that old Bela whom I know. That old chirpy Bela who was my bff.

"Daddaa..mummaa...", said Mahira while breaking our eye lock.

"Maiiaa...Maiiaa", she said while pointing towards herself. She just spelled her name. I and Bela were looking at her amused.

"Mahira..what is your name", Bela asked.

"Maiiaa..", she said.

Today she gave me so many shocks. Calling me dadda and saying her name. I was on top of the world.

"Dadda and mumma loves you", I and Bela said in unison.

"Daddaa...Maiiaa..mumma..", she was repeating.

We both were looking at her with lot of emotions.

"Today mumma, dadda and Mahira will have ice cream party", I said pecking her nose.

"Mahir..she will catch cold it's not good for her", Bela said with worry.

"It's ok Bela, we will just feed her two spoons, that day also I fed her two spoons only but she ended up eating half of my cup", I said while rubbing my nape.

"You already started spoiling her Mahir, come let's have dinner", she said while giving up.

"Let's go", I said picking Mahira with me.

We had our dinner and Mahira had her baby food without whining today. Because she want to have ice cream, so she is eating without troubling us today.

"Dadda...ice..ice..choco..", Mahira said and we both were looking at her stunned.

"Mahir..she is asking for ice cream, you thought her more about ice cream than dadda"? asked Bela.

"I guess...I thought", I said looking at her.

"Mahir really"? said Bela with blank face.

"It's ok Bela...she will have only two spoons", I said looking at Mahira. She was clapping her hands.

"Daddaa..aaa...", said Mahira while opening her mouth wide.

"Ok this is last spoon baby", said Bela.

Mahira ate five spoons of ice cream. And Bela is huffing with anger. Mahira is really a naughty kid. She knows how to annoy me and Bela very well.

I and Mahira were playing sitting on the couch.Bela was angry at me for feeding Mahira ice cream and for eating ice cream on Mahira. We were trying to gain attention of her from past ten minutes. She was working on her system.

"Mahira...I guess your mumma is angry on us", I said putting Mahira on the floor.

She started crawling towards Bela and she was tugging her pants.

"Mum..mumma...Maiiaa..mum", Mahira was calling her. Bela looked at her and took her into her lap.

"What Mahira want from mumma..,your dadda gave you what you want",Bela said settling Mahira on her lap and putting her laptop aside.

"Mummaa", telling that Mahira was kissing all over her face.

Bela and Mahira were laughing kissing each other.

"Now mumma and Mahira will watch cartoons", telling that she settled Mahira on her properly and kept her laptop on the coffee table. Mahira was looking at them with so much interest. She felt asleep watching them.

"Mahir..can I..can I keep Mahira with me today"? Bela asked. Today is my turn to keep Mahira with me.

"Please Mahir", she was pleading.

"Ok you can keep her with you but keep checking on her, she is crying in the middle of the night", I said. She nodded and took Mahira with her.

Sleep is far away from my eyes. I was missing Mahira. I checked the time and it was half past one in the night. I went to her room and the scene in front of made me smile. Mahira was sleeping on Bela's chest. They both were hugging each other like their life depended on it. I went and settled beside them.

I felt Mahira moving. I saw Bela sleeping peacefully after many days. I took Mahira slowly without disturbing Bela. I started cooing Mahira back to sleep. Mahira was sleeping again. I layed her on my chest and was caressing her back. I felt something shifting beside me. Bela was coming close to me.

She caressed Mahira who was lying on top of me and came close to hug us. She is still sleeping and din't know that I was here. I slowly kept my hand around her and she was snuggling more close to me. I drifted into sleep feeling tired.

I opened my eyes when the sun rays were peeping inside the room through the window. Mahira was still sleeping on me and I felt weight on my right shoulder. I saw Bela sleeping on my hand using it as her pillow. My hand landed on her waist. We were in the same position since last night. 

I was staring at her. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps like a baby. She used to sleep on my shoulder even during our collage days. I tightened my hold on her and brought her closer to me.

Her sleep was disturbed and she opened her eyes. She was looking at me with a shock still sleeping in the same position. She woke up with a jerk.

"I'm..I'm sorry, I din't knew that you were sleeping here", she said adjusting her top.

"That's fine, I was not able to sleep without Mahira so I came here last night", I said settling Mahira on her crib.

"Do you want a coffee"?she asked.

"Yes..please", I said yawning.

She gave me coffee and went inside her room. I was enjoying the morning breeze. I and Bani used spend hours sitting in this balcony. Mahira also likes that swing just as Bani.

Vish, Vyom and Yuvi messaged me that they will come to meet us at evening. I really want to know what they want to talk about. I want to know why Bela left. I want to know what Vyom and Yuvi were trying to tell me on my wedding day. So many things are going in my mind. God has took my sanity. I will die someday with these questions in my mind.

I was thinking about Bani and I heard Mahira crying. She must have woke up. I enterd in Bela's room without knocking. As I enterd I saw Bela clutching her saree and half of her saree was lying on the floor.

I think she was dressing up and came out when she heard Mahira. I was hesitant to go forward. She still din't notice me.

She was looking like an angel in that yellow saree. Her rose scent was intoxicating me. I patted my head to come out of my pervert thoughts.

She was going to take Mahira while still clutching her saree to her body. She froze on her spot listening to my voice.

"Mahiraa..", I said and went forward.

___________
Hello guys. Don't you think this family is so adorable? I'm loving them. Do you love Mahira bonding with Bela?

Guys my next update will be a bit late. Hope you people understand. Thank you for showing me your love🤗🤗.

Comment your thoughts about this cute family.

Vote, comment and share

Stay home stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 6.2K 39
Mahir comes back from london with his girlfriend shocking his cousin, Ruhi who has a secret crush on him. Her friend bela tries to bring mahir and ru...
167K 14.6K 60
๐๐ž๐ฅ๐š ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐๐จ๐ฉ๐ญ ๐š ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐ž๐ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ...
58.4K 6.2K 31
Yuvi and Juhi are all set to get married after being in a relationship for one year. The Sehgal's and the Sharma's are very much excited for the Wed...
76.9K 6.7K 68
I'm back lovelies ...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰โคwith my new FF which is obviously on our beloved BEHIR๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.... thank you guys for loving my previous FF "The unconditional...