SHADOWS ⧫ klaus mikaelson

By DelilahSpencer33

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES ⧫ KLAUS MIKAELSON ⧫ BOOKE ONE ⧫ SEASON TWO / THREE ⧫ Adelaide Gilbert, Elena's twin sist... More

❝ 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 ❞
❝ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡 ❞
❝ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ❞
❝ 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 ❞
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ❞
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟒 | 𝟔𝟎𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜
EDITING AND NEW CHAPTERS COMING SOON!!!!
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
CURRENT STORIES
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟎𝟗 | 𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ❞
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐬
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟑𝟏 | 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
𝟑𝟐 | 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭
𝟑𝟑 | 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟑𝟒 | 𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
❝ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ❞
Thank you!!!
𝟑𝟓 | 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐩
𝟑𝟔 | 𝐝𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐯𝐮
𝟑𝟕 | 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
happy new year!
thank you all so much !

𝟎𝟕 | 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝

22.5K 593 370
By DelilahSpencer33

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟎

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 woke up gasping desperately for air as her eyes flew open suddenly. It had only been an hour since she had fallen asleep. The digital clock by her nightstand read 23:48, showing it was nearly midnight.
"Elena!" The girl yelled, tears rising to her eyes. It wasn't a moment later that Stefan had used his speed to get into her room, Elena shortly following. "I can't breathe," she clawed at her throat as Elena and Stefan both rushed over to her.

"What do we do? Stefan?" Elena fussed, not knowing what to do. Adelaide lent over the bed and coughed, a mouthful of blood spilling onto the floor. She took a deep breath in and found herself able to breathe once again. She panted heavily, taking deep breaths.

"What the hell happened?" Elena asked, eyes wide.

"I just woke up not being able to breath." Adelaide herself had no idea what had just happened and why it had happened, she was just glad to be able to breathe again. Both girls looked up towards Stefan as Elena wrapped her arms tightly around her sister, bringing her in for a hug. Although Adelaide was still angry with Elena for lying to her, she needed her twin to get through all of this. To except that this was all real.

"Was it like a panic attack?" Stefan asked her, just as confused.

"Why would I have a panic attack in the middle of my sleep?"

Stefan had brought a cup of tea up for Adelaide to wash the blood metallic taste out of her mouth after she had brushed her teeth. It was decided that Elena would stay with Adelaide for the rest of the night, in case anything happened. Luckily, after falling asleep nothing disturbed their sleep and were able to make it to waking up naturally in the morning.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah, Stefan, Elena and Adelaide gathered in the living room, all listening closely to Elijah. Damon hadn't yet joined them as he was still pissed off at them all.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan brought, curious.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." While Adelaide was paying attention, she also wasn't. Her mind kept drifting in and out of the conversation as she thought back to last night and what could have caused her to not be able to breath. And the coughing up blood? That's rare and unusual and it has never happened to her before but after everything she had found out the past few days, she wouldn't be shocked if it was a supernatural cause. Something she hadn't told the others was that, it had felt strange when she wasn't able to breath. It wasn't like she her self was having problems, but it felt like she couldn't breathe because someone else couldn't breathe. Strange. She knew she was going crazy.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." She looked up to see Damon entering the room.

"Damon..." Stefan began in a warning tone.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena fought back with her boyfriend's older brother, who was clearly also in love with Elena.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon shrugged, not caring that Bonnie would die if it meant saving Elena.

"It's not an option, Damon." Adelaide spoke up from her curled up position on the sofa.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan changed the subject, seeing both the Gilbert girls giving Damon a death stare.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah explained.

"The moonstone." Adelaide glanced towards Stefan.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Her eyes flickered to Elijah as he paced around the room.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah took a wooden box from a shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death." Damon was quick to look towards Elena as Stefan took her hand to comfort her. Elijah opened the box and took a small jar from it.

"And that's where you come in." Elena realised.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." He held the tiny jar up, showing them all.

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't." Elijah informed them all, looking at Elena.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon was far from impressed. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" He suggested, not liking Elijah's idea.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." The elder vampire explained to the oldest Salvatore.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon snapped.

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." Elena shrugged.

Damon looked at Stefan who just shrugged in response, not wanting to control his girlfriend's actions. Damon sent Elijah a glare before leaving the room.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asked Elijah who had been staring at Adelaide in curiosity. Adelaide was sat in silence, barely paying attention.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." He told Elena and Stefan. "Also..." he stopped them from leaving. "There's something else you might want to know." Adelaide also looked up, intrigued as she pushed her wild thoughts away, wanting to concentrate. "Klaus will not only need Elena." Stefan and Elena looked at each other in confusion and shock as Elijah stared dead into Adelaide's eyes. "He will also need Adelaide."

・ • ☽ • ・

Stefan left to talk to Damon while Adelaide tried to comprehend what Elijah had told her and the others. Elena sat beside her, a hand on her knee as she tried to calm her sister down.

"Why will he need Adelaide?" She asked Elijah, looking up at him. Adelaide was staring at her lap, while she couldn't help but feel terrified of what Klaus wanted with her. Why did the oldest vampire in history also need her? Elijah took a moment before sighing.

"Adelaide has a connection to our family. I am not one hundred percent sure the tale I've been told is true, but if so I do believe Adelaide isn't entirely human." Said girls head shot up to stare at Elijah with wide eyes.

"You mean she's supernatural?" Elena asked, curious while sending her sister worried glances.

"Yes." Elijah replied, looking at Adelaide.

"What-? Why-?" She sighed before focusing on forming a sentence, glancing to Elena and then to Elijah, her eyes flickering to each of them, "If I'm not human, then what am I?"

"I'm not sure."

Elijah wasn't able to tell the sisters much more on why Adelaide was needed to break the curse or how she was apparently supernatural. Maybe that was why she was able to hear Stefan on the phone the other day when Elena was talking to him? She left Elena with Elijah to go and make some tea to try and calm her nerves down. She stood, her hands on the counter as she watched the kettle boil, lost in her thoughts until she was broken out of them by not only the kettle but also her aunt's yell.

"Get out!" Adelaide's head snapped towards the door before she door off running towards the hallway. She saw her Aunt Jenna with a crossbow, pointing it towards Alaric, or Klaus as they all now knew. Elena and Elijah had also rushed to the door way, seeing Alaric with his hands out.

"Jenna, put the cross-bow down, ok? It's me." Stefan and Damon slowly joined them as well, as everyone was cautious.

"Stay away from me." Jenna demanded, not lowering the crossbow.

"What's going on?" Elena asked.

"It's me, Elena, I swear, ok? He let me go. Klaus let me go." That would mean Klaus had his original body back, then.

"Prove it." Damon nodded, his eyes watching Alaric's every move.

"Ok, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to-" Adelaide scrunched her nose up at the two adults.

"It's him." Jenna cut him off, not wanting him to finish what he was about to reveal. She lowered the crossbow, with an annoyed look on her face. Damon smirked at Jenna with a suggestive look making Adelaide laugh a little, even though it wasn't a laughing matter at the moment.

"Why did he let you go?" Stefan asked who they now knew was Alaric and not Klaus.

"He wanted me to deliver a message." He looked at everyone before his eyes stopped on the two Gilbert sisters. "The sacrifice happens tonight." 

・ • ☽ • ・

⧫ 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝟏𝟗 // 𝟎𝟓 // 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ⧫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 208 74
"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" "The Original Family" After Stefan gave himself over to Klaus to save his brother, Ariel and Elena work to find...
638K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
239K 4.7K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
17.4K 523 28
When Klaus Mikaelson comes to Mystic Falls, to break his curse, his eyes catch on a Psychic Witch, in the myth of trying to move on, from her heartbr...