FATE || Levi x Reader

By toffy59

ON HOLD ------------------ Titans were the only thing people feared, so they had walls built so high that it... More

Introductions: Before The Story Starts
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
A Letter to My Readers

Chapter 7

16.2K 681 3.3K
By toffy59

Trost

Graduation day was in two days, and everyone was worried about who the top ten would be. (Y/n) already knew that she wouldn't be in the top ten, more like the bottom ten, because of how much Shadis had grown to hate her. She kept on pulling pranks and being lazy that she even asked herself why she was still at the training grounds and not back at Stohess with her brother.

Caleb and (Y/n) had exchanged several letters over the course of the year. It would start out with a "How have you been? I miss you so much!" and transition to a "Stop doing dumb shit" and then finishing with a sweet "Take care, love you!" Caleb would scold her about her low grades in her exams, and she would scold him for scolding her.

Miles had also exchanged letters with her, mainly to tell her how they were holding up and searching for answers. Most of his investigations came to a dead end and he would write about his failure. (Y/n) had written back not to worry, that he would soon find something.

The weirdest letter exchange she had was with Erwin. He had sent her a letter asking about how she was and asking to keep the contents of the letter a secret. He would talk about how he knew that her grades were low and that if she didn't better her scores, he would have to put her in intensive training. It was clear between both of them that she would be joining the Survey Corps.

(Y/n) laid in her bed staring up when Ymir had come over and straddled the girl. Her legs were tightly pressed against (Y/n)'s thighs and her long arms rested on either side of the girl's head. (Y/n) smiles up at her friend who was already smiling down at her.

"What's on your mind?" Ymir asks, her brown eyes gazing into (e/c) eyes.

"Nothing, just thinking about how I'll probably be in the bottom ten" (Y/n) replies and shrugs her shoulders.

"At least we'll be together" Ymir retorts, remembering how they would just lazily lounge around on the training field and run away when they would get caught.

(Y/n) hums, and drums her fingers on the freckled girl's legs. They just gazed at each other as tension grew, making (Y/n)'s stomach tighten. She had grown to care deeply for the sarcastic girl who was sitting on her. Both girls knew there was something between them, but they never dared act upon it out of modesty and respect for their friendship.

"Can you two get a room?" Annie asks and sits down on the same bed the girls were on.

"You're just jealous we're not including you," Ymir says and winks at the blonde. Annie in return rolls her eyes, and lays back onto the bed, making sure that her arms wrap around (Y/n)'s left arm.

"There's enough of me for everybody" (Y/n) states, a flirtatious smile creeps up on her face.

"That makes you sound like a whore" a voice pipes up and Sasha jumps on the bed, pushing Ymir off in the process.

"I will not deny that" (Y/n) retorts and the four girls start laughing. 

Nights like these made (Y/n) feel normal. She felt human and it helped her keep her mind off all the things she did in the past. She had killed people and some days she found herself regretting her decisions, but then she remembered how many lives she made better. I did what many were too afraid to do, she told herself to reassure herself that she did what had to be done.

At the sound of laughter, Mikasa and Krista also joined them on (Y/n)'s bed and they were all talking about their task that they had to do at Trost the next day. Their cabin door suddenly opens to reveal one of their loud, male peers.

"You guys won't believe it, the Survey Corps is here!" Eren screams, fangirling at how his idols were back on the training grounds. (Y/n) grabs her pillow and throws it at Eren, hitting him straight in the face.

"You idiot! Don't barge into our cabin like that! What if one of us wasn't properly dressed?" (Y/n) scolds her friend, who was just staring at her in shock. His mind wanders, thinking about the possibility of seeing one of the girls half-naked and his whole face turns a deep red, "You pervert! You're thinking about it, aren't you? I'm going to beat your ass."

(Y/n) jumps off the bed and runs at Eren. He snaps out of his thoughts and turns to run away, but he was too late. He was at the top of the stairs when (Y/n) had rammed her body into his chest making both of them tumble down the steps. (Y/n) felt something soft on her lips and when she opened her eyes, Eren was staring back at her, their lips touching.

"Oi, this isn't the place to make out," a stoic, harsh voice said. This made both of them snap out of it and get away from each other, blushing like crazy. (Y/n) looks up at the voice and her body went numb. Humanity's Strongest Soldier was glaring at her, his icy blue eyes showing how annoyed he was.

A laugh came from behind them and they all look over to see Erwin bent over and holding his stomach. The short man was now glaring at him, "What are you laughing at?"

Erwin just shook his head and made his way over to (Y/n). He pushes his dark green cape back and sticks out his hand for her to grab. She happily takes it and he helps her get back on her feet. Erwin turns back to Levi who was still glaring. Does he ever stop glaring? (Y/n) thinks. As if he had read her thoughts, he turns to glare at her. His intense glare made (Y/n) feel hot and uncomfortable.

"Levi, don't scare her," Erwin says and places a large hand on her left shoulder slightly pulling down on her shirt's collar, "It was clearly an accident."

Erwin looks down to speak to the girl, but he notices how the collar of her shirt revealed a perfect dot and a dash that started below her neck and disappeared under her shirt. He decided it was best to ask her about it another time.

"Why are you guys here?" (Y/n) asks, adjusting her shirt to hide the mark.

"Tch. Don't talk to us so casually" Levi states glaring at her. (Y/n) glares back at his rude attitude. At her reaction, Levi's blood pumped throughout his body in anger. Who does she think she is? Levi thinks. He clicks his tongue at her, "Keep glaring at me, brat, and I'll kick your ass."

"Oh," a woman with goggles says and a hand covering the grin on her face, "Someone has gotten on shorty's nerves."

"Shut it, shitty-glasses" Levi snaps, turning to glare at the woman.

"Oi, this isn't the place to have a lover's quarrel" (Y/n) mock's Levi's stoic tone. This causes the people around her to stare at her in astonishment. There was no fucking way she was going to get out of this situation without a few bruises.

"We're here because we have an expedition tomorrow. We'll be leaving from Trost," Erwin speaks up, stepping in between Levi and (Y/n). He had a feeling that his short friend was about to burst out in anger, "We're here to rest before heading off."

"So this is the girl you are always talking about, Erwin?" the woman with goggles says and stands between the two.

"Always talking about?" (Y/n) repeats, feeling her face get warm.

"Yes, he's always going on about how he can't wait for you to join and-" the woman was saying when Erwin coughs awkwardly, "Oh right, I'm Squad Captain Hanji. Nice to meet you, (Y/n)."

"Nice to meet you" (Y/n) says and shakes the woman's outstretched hand.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Ymir shouts from the door of the cabin. (Y/n) looks around her and notices that everyone had her eyes on her and Erwin. It was making her blush even more, why do I always end up in embarrassing situations?

"It's already getting close to curfew" Shadis states, making his way towards Erwin, "We should let Cadet (L/n) get some rest for tomorrow. The trainees are going to head to Trost tomorrow to help with maintenance before the ceremony."

Erwin nods at the bald man, "In that case, I'll let you get some rest."

"Thank you, Commander" (Y/n) says and heads up the porch to head into the cabin. She glances back, her eyes meeting blue eyes. She sends the short man one more glare and sticks out her tongue at him. I'll regret this later but his attitude is so nasty, she thinks as she runs into the cabin and shuts the door fast.

Levi stood still, his face was still stoic, but his heart was beating against his ribcage. His hands balled up into fists and he glares at Erwin, "That annoyingly, infuriating idiot is the one you think so highly of?"

"Levi, for someone who barely talks you sure have a lot to say about (Y/n)" Hanji teasingly says and winks at the short man, "Looks like Erwin isn't the only one left speechless by her."

"Hanji, it's not like that" Erwin mumbles, and he starts walking away from the cabin to head to Shadis' office. A grinning Hanji following right behind him with a furious Levi.

The Survey Corps had woken up early to pack up their stuff to leave. Before they left, (Y/n) told Erwin to take care of himself and that she was expecting him to come back in one piece. Erwin had laughed and waved her off before heading out of Trost. Levi was clearly still furious at her.

Eren and (Y/n) were standing on top of Wall Rose looking over Trost. Sasha had stolen meat from one of their superior's office and they had all agreed on sharing it during lunch. Eren and (Y/n) had talked about the kiss they shared that was entirely by accident and (Y/n) expressed how it didn't mean anything to her. 

Yet for Eren, it meant a lot. He was just too much of a coward to tell his friend. It was ironic how he had so much confidence when it came to ranting about killing all the titans, but he simply couldn't confess his feelings to her. So he decided to man up like Reiner would say and made up his mind to tell her after the ceremony.

However, those plans were ruined when the Colossal Titan appeared behind them, watching them intensely. They were blasted off the wall from the impact that the titan's hand made. (Y/n) found herself free-falling so she launches her hooks into the wall and slows down, looking up at the titan.

"We have to get away from the gate! He's going to blast it open!" (Y/n) demands and they all got out of the way from the gate. She looks back up and sees a brunette charging at the titan, "Idiot!"

She jumps up and launches her hooks as far as she could up the wall and uses her gas to slingshot her body into the air and landing on the cracked wall. She notices that the titan was gone and Eren was just staring at the place where it was supposed to be.

"Trost, it's going to fall like Shinganshina if we don't do anything!" Eren exclaims, fear evident in his eyes and memories flashing through his mind. He looks into his friend's eyes, he sees how calm and collected they were. She grabs onto his shoulder and their teammates appear next to them.

A Garrison soldier then appeared and told them to head to HQ to prepare for the titan invasion. They saluted and jumped off the wall to head to HQ. (Y/n) took the lead, which surprised Thomas, Eren, and Connie. They notice how her body could easily twist and turn, how she could perfectly balance on her gear. It was entirely different from when she would accidentally bump into trees and titan dummies during training.

"Are you guys done staring at my ass or are you guys going to speed up so you guys won't become titan food?" (Y/n) shouts and slows down to swing beside her friends.

"(Y/n), don't tell me that when we were training, you would purposely mess up" Connie says and his eyes widen when the girl smirks at him. She was lying to us, all of us about her skills, he thought and his hands began to shake, she doesn't even seem scared about the titans.

Everyone was running around, filling up their gas tanks and preparing their weapons to fight. (Y/n) heads over to where Ymir and Krista were sitting. Krista was clearly shaking while Ymir was calm much like (Y/n).

"Krista, don't worry, we'll protect you" (Y/n) says and places her hand on the girl's head.

"What about (c/n)?" Krista says and pulls the alarmed cat out of the bag she brought with her.

"Fuck, I forgot about her" (Y/n) curses and grabs the cat, "Do you guys have a cape I can borrow? Also after this, we need to have an actual meeting about how in the world (c/n) is always following me around."

Krista laughs and throws her a black cape. (Y/n) grabs it and starts tying it around her chest to create a sack in the front. Once she checked it was secure, she places (c/n) into the sack. Ymir was done filling her own tanks so she helped (Y/n) with hers. Krista was still shaking.

"(C/n) could cause you to lose your balance, and you aren't the best at that on your ODM gear-" Krista starts saying but Ymir brought her into a hug and pulled (Y/n) into the hug.

"We're all going to be okay, just focus" Ymir whispers and they nodded their heads in response. They separate when the Garrisons start screaming at them to line up.

"They can't see me carrying (c/n) or they will make me leave her here" (Y/n) says and backs away into the shadows of the crates, "Ymir inform me on my position once they announce it."

They nodded and headed off to line up. (Y/n) stood back, closing her eyes and keeping her breath even. She was scared, she didn't show it, but she truly was shit scared. Not because she could die, but because she knew that some of her friends wouldn't make it out alive. She could smell it. She could smell death. She opens her eyes when she hears (c/n) hiss, the cloaked figure was standing in front of her.

"Fuck off, this isn't the time" (Y/n) whispers harshly, swallowing her fear and glaring at the figure in front of her. She holds onto her left arm, feeling the pain of the mark.

"I'm just here to warn you," the figure says and holds its hands up to express that they weren't hostile, "I'm not the one you should be afraid of. There are things you still don't know. Good luck surviving."

And just like that, it vanished. (Y/n) swallows the saliva that was building up in her mouth and checks that (c/n) was safely fasten. Ymir came up to her and told her that they were positioned in the middle, but (Y/n) had to take the left side with Annie, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Marco. Before they could separate, Ymir brought her hands up to (Y/n)'s face and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"For good luck" Ymir whispers and smiles softly at the surprised girl, "You better live, cause if you don't, I will never forgive you."

"That goes for you too, I won't forgive you if you die on me" (Y/n) whispers back and they both turn away from each other, running to their positions. (Y/n) had finally caught up with her squad and they all look at her in shock, "Yes, please don't mention the cat and let's just kill some titans."

Just as they were taking out their blades, a 10-meter titan appeared in front of them, mouth wide open. (Y/n) jumps away before the titan could have bitten her head off and she shoots her hooks onto the titans head. She runs off the roof and launches herself up, cutting the titan's nape off. She lands back onto the roof, making sure (c/n) was still in the sack, who was having the best time of her life.

"There are probably people who are stuck around," Marcos says and points at the titans that were stuck in a corner together, "Let's try to get the people out of here."

Annie runs up to (Y/n) and brings her into a tight hug, making sure not to squish the comfy feline, "Please be careful. I can't lose you."

"You won't lose me" (Y/n) whispers into her ear and hugs her friend back. When they part ways, Reiner was standing next to her, his face pale.

"You better stay alive, princess" Reiner finally says and ruffles her hair.

"Keep (c/n) safe" Bertholdt shyly mumbles.

"You guys are acting like something worse is going to happen," (Y/n) speaks up, her eyebrow raises up at them. Their faces suddenly darkened and she knew she had fucked up, "I'll be going now. You guys better stay safe. Marco come with me."

Marco nods and they head off together towards the south of Trost. As they were swinging, (Y/n) remembers how the three were talking about something on the day they went to the lake. Trost and wall were the two things she remembered hearing. They couldn't have possibly known that this could have happened, she thinks to herself.

------------------------------------------------

Rewriting The Demon Inside is probably my favorite thing right now. I hope everyone is enjoying the new characters and the plot so far.

~toffy59

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 227 22
When Jean first meets (Y/n) under not so good circumstances he didn't really like her leading to him treating her harshly. As time goes on and they s...
873K 19.8K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
4.4K 113 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...
372K 10.2K 94
L/n Y/n was found at the doorstep of the Yeager Household at the age of 7. Eren vowed to protect Y/n ever since he saw her that day, with their bond...