True Beauty

By Anonymous3point0

Lindsey just moved in with her grandparents in Gotham City. They send her to Gotham Academy where she meets D... More

Prologue: Gotham
Chapter 1: Rich
Chapter 2: School
Chapter 3: Damian
Chapter 4: Treasure
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Friends
Chapter 7: Lunch
Chapter 8: Jerk
Chapter 9: Homecoming
Chapter 10: Advancing
Chapter 11: Gala
Chapter 12: Robbery
Chapter 13: Boyfriend
Chapter 14: Date
Chapter 15: Meeting
Chapter 16: Spring
Chapter 17: Expectations
Chapter 18: Cave
Chapter 19: Break
Chapter 20: Pets
Chapter 22: Fair
Chapter 23: Panic
Chapter 24: Hero
Chapter 25: Talks
Chapter 26: Bedroom
Chapter 27: Trip
Chapter 28: Kidnap
Ending Author's Note
New Cover?

Chapter 21: Birthday

5.2K 138 63
By Anonymous3point0

"BRO!"

A boy came running up to Damian. He had green skin and green hair. He wore a hoodie and loose jeans. Lindsey stared at the boy, he looked eerily familiar. Or maybe it was just the strange color of his skin.

"Garfield," Damian said as the boy approached him. The green-colored boy wrapped his arms around Damian in a huge hug.

"You should have told me that you got a sexy girlfriend," Garfield said with a wink when he let go. He went around Damian and stood in front of Lindsey. He took her hand and bent over, "Such a beautiful girl." He kissed the back of Lindsey's hand before standing up and giving her a confused look. "Why'd you choose him?"

Damian turned to grab the back of Garfield's hoodie. He picked him up and plopped him down on the opposite side of his body.

"Really, Garfield?" a new boy said when he came up to Damian. He had a Hispanic accent and his looks that matched. "Leave him and his lady alone." He held out his hand in a fist to Damian. Damian tapped his fist against his friends.

"It's good to see you Jamie," Damian said. "Lindsey, this is Jamie and Garfield. They're from Jump City."

"Are they heroes too?" Lindsey whispered.

"Yeah, I'm Beast Boy," Garfield said puffing out his chest pointing his thumb to it.

"And I'm Blue Beetle. No, she does not need to know about you!" Jamie hissed the last part over his shoulder. He turned back to Lindsey with a shy smile. Lindsey looked at him confused. He wasn't offering any explanation, so Lindsey turned to Damian.

"He has a mechanical scarab connected to his spine which talks to him in his mind," Damian said.

"It's not that bad," Jamie shrugged. "It monitors my vitals and can tell when I'm in danger."

"Damian!" a voice squealed. A girl with orange skin, red hair, green eyes, and voluminous body came running up. Behind her was Dick and a girl with blue hair and a red gem between her eyebrows.

The red head swooped Damian into her arms and picked him off the ground. "Happy Birthday!" she placed him on the ground and turned to Lindsey. She bent down a bit to talk to Lindsey. She was even taller than Dick, the tallest of the Wayne Family. "This must be the girlfriend Dick told me so much about. You're even prettier than I imagined."

"And you must be Kori, Dick's girlfriend," Lindsey said.

"My real name is Starfire, but the name I go by on Earth is Koriand'r," she said.

"You're the leader of the Teen Titans," Lindsey said surprised.

"Since Dick left, yes."

Lindsey looked at Dick, it was hard to imagine that nearly twenty years ago, he was running around Gotham in green underpants knocking guys out. Next to Dick was the girl with blue hair.

"This is Raven," Kori introduced when she saw Lindsey eying Raven.

"It's nice to meet you, Raven," Lindsey said, kindly.

"You too," she said. She turned to Damian, "How's Titus?"

"Good, he's getting more energetic," Damian said. Raven nodded. There was no hug between the two, but Lindsey got the vibe that the two of them knew better.

Dick walked up to Damian and gave him a short hug, "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks."

"Damian! Damian! Damian!" a skinny boy came running up to Damian.

"Jon!" Damian actually kind of smiled when he came up and hugged him. "Why are you wearing the glasses?"

Jon pointed at Lindsey then pointed at his chest.

"Jon, she knows about all of us," Dick said.

"She does?" Jon asked, his eyes widening in surprise. "Good, because I didn't want to wear these things anyway." He took off the glasses and shoved them in his pocket. He had jet black hair and dark blue eyes. Without the glasses, he was really attractive.

"Lindsey, this is my friend Jonathan Kent," Damian said. It was the first introduction he gave to Lindsey.

"My superhero name is Superboy," he whispered. "You know the son of Superman. But my friends call me Jon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Damian and I went on tons of missions together when we were younger," Jon said. "A lot of them weren't planned by our fathers. Most of them were planned by Damian, which got us into a lot of trouble. But hey, when you have the sons of the two most popular superheroes, you have to expect some trouble."

"I can imagine," Lindsey laughed. "You're all so nice, I don't see why Damian didn't want to talk about you guys, that much."

"Really Damian? You didn't tell her about us?" Garfield asked.

"I was busy telling her other stuff," Damian said.

"Like what?" Kori asked.

"Like the time I was killed by an over-grown clone of myself and brought back to life by Darkseid and was sent to kill people," Damian snapped at the tall woman.

"Yeah, that was hard to believe," Lindsey giggled.

"Something like that might be important to tell your girlfriend," Raven said.

"How'd you tell her and have her not run off?" Garfield asked.

"She's stuck with me," Damian shrugged as Lindsey said, "I'm stuck with him."

The two looked at each other and Lindsey blushed as Damian smirked down at her.

"Did you like tie her down or something?" Jaime asked.

"Almost," Lindsey said.

"That's kinky," Jon laughed.

"Jon," Damian said sternly. "Don't."

"We were told the that she broke up with you, that's why you're Dad decided to throw this surprise party," Jon said. "But when we got here, Alfred told us you two got back together."

"I can't live without her," Damian said.

"Awwwww!" Kori cooed.

"Not now, Star," Raven grumbled.

"Yes, we understand you two are perfect together, now why don't you go say hello to some other guests?" Alfred said from further in the room.

The group of people walked further into the room and Lindsey glanced at the others. One of them had half of a metal face. The other one was Diana Prince, otherwise known as Wonder Woman. Lindsey stopped dead in her tracks.

"Damian, that's Wonder Woman," Lindsey tugged on Damian's sleeve, eyeing Wonder Woman.

"Yeah, she's like a second mom to all of us Robins, she'll love you," Damian whispered.

Wonder Woman was talking to a large man with jet black hair and was wearing glasses. Next to him was a woman with brown-black hair and blue eyes. The man had his arm wrapped around the woman. They were obviously in love.

"Damian, Happy Birthday!" Wonder Woman said when she saw him.

"Thank you, Diana," Damian said.

"And who is this?" Diana asked looking at Lindsey.

"This is my beloved, Lindsey Vindai," Damian said.

"It is so nice to meet you, Lindsey Vindai. You can call me Diana. I hope that Damian is treating you well?" Diana asked.

"He-he is. A perfect gentleman," Lindsey said. "I've looked up to you for so long, you're so powerful and strong. I'm pretty sure you can beat you superman."

The room laughed. The man who was talking to Diana spoke after he was finished laughing.

"She has, multiple times," he said. "She is as powerful as you think."

"Who are you?" Lindsey asked.

"I'm Clark Kent," he said. "You met my son, Jon earlier."

Lindsey nearly had a heart attack. Superman was standing in front of her, in her boyfriend's living room. Her boyfriend, who was Robin, who was the son of Batman. She was at a party with the Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Superman and his son, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, and who knew who else was here.

"I think I'm going to pass out," Lindsey whispered to herself.

"Good job, Dad," Jon said. "You scared the girl."

"Right you have superhearing," Lindsey said. "And you didn't scare me. I just - I've never been in a room with this amazing heroes."

"How come you didn't freak out this much when you met us?" Jason Todd asked.

"Because you're surprisingly underwhelming," Damian said.

"No! It's because none of you have superpowers," Lindsey said.

All the Wayne Family members stared at Lindsey with hurt expressions while the rest of the guests laughed.

"Sorry," Lindsey apologized.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Who got past the gate?" Alfred wondered while he went to answer the door.

"Guess who!" a cheerful voice said before Alfred could even reach the door. A boy stood in the middle of the room with his arms outstretched in a triumphant pose.

"You invited them?" Damian glared at his Father.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the cheerful boy asked looking at Damian upset.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you can't just rush into people's houses, even if they know you?" another voice asked. A boy came in after him, Alfred closing the door behind him.

"Lindsey this is Bart Allen, Impulse. And that is Wally West, Kid Flash," Damian explained.

"Is this your girlfriend? Or is it your ex? You guys broke up, didn't you? But it looks like yourbacktogethersoimgoingtosaythatyou'reacouple. Amiright?" Bart said quickly.

"What did you say?" Lindsey asked not understanding him with how quickly he was talking.

"You get used to it," Jamie shrugged. "But, yeah Bart, they're back together now."

"Congrats, man, I'm happy for you," Wally said. "And it's nice to meet you Lindsey. Now where's the cake?"

"You are not going to eat the cake before Damian blows out the candles," Dick said.

The rest of the night Lindsey spent getting to know Damian's friends and the other adults. She had a mini heart attack when Diana Prince came up and talked to her. She spent a lot of the night with Jane, Kori, and Raven while Damian went around talking with the others.

The girls talked about pretty much everything. One thing they talked about was their boyfriends (except Raven). Lindsey, Jane, and Kori were all dating one of the Wayne brothers. Lindsey learned a lot about the relationships the boys have with each other.

After Damian blew out the candles and the cake was served, Lindsey lost sight of Damian.

"Looking for Damian?" a voice asked from behind her.

She whirled around to see Jon. He was standing there with a large smile on his face. He was tall, a few inches shorter than Damian, so Lindsey looked up at him.

"Yeah, have you seen him?" Lindsey asked.

"I think he's talking to his dad in the office," Jon said. "I wanted to get to know my best friend's girlfriend. How did someone like him end up with someone like you?"

"It's a strange story," Lindsey said.

"I like strange stories," Jon said.

Lindsey laughed before telling him the story.

In the office down the hall, another conversation was happening.

"How do we know we can trust this girl?" Clark asked. "How do we know she won't tell anyone about any of us."

"I've gotten to know this girl over the past few months," Bruce said. "She's a timid girl who doesn't like conflict. She wouldn't want to cause trouble for anyone, let alone for her boyfriend."

"I trust her with my life," Damian said. "And I love her just as much."

"Love doesn't always go both ways, Damian," Diana said. "How do you know she loves you as much as you love her?"

"She's got a point, Damian. How long have you known this girl? Tim known Jane since childhood. And Kori is a hero so we don't have to worry about her spilling secrets," Clark asked.

"So my relationship being compared to Dick's and Tim's. What if I haven't known her as long as the others have? Do you honestly think that all of us are going to fall in love with other heroes? You think Jon, BB, Jamie, Bart, all of them will have girlfriends or boyfriends that aren't trustworthy? And do I need to remind you that Lois and Iris are both reporters? It's their job to be untrustworthy? What is so wrong with Lindsey?"

"He's got a point, ya'know," Cyborg said from his corner. "Besides, she seems nice and she's really pretty."

"Thanks, Viktor," Damian said.

"Besides, if you guys really had an issue with her, you wouldn't have let anyone tell her who we are," Cyborg said. "Besides Clark, you really think little Jon out there isn't in love already? You know how often he talks about that girl from his school."

"What girl? There's a girl?" Diana asked.

"He's been crushing on her for years," Damian rolled his eyes. "If he hasn't told her yet, he probably never will. At least I told Lindsey I have feelings for her."

"We'll be watching you and Lindsey closely from now on," Bruce said. "If there's even a whiff that Lindsey will tell anyone anything, she's gone."

"She's going to have to live a life of lies, Damian," Clark said. "Are you sure she's ready for that? That she's willing to lie to her friends and family for the rest of her life?"

"Ask her yourself," Damian snapped. "But Lindsey's curfew is soon. I better get her home."

And with that final statement, Damian turned and left, leaving the members of the Justice League alone to talk about Lindsey.

Hello readers,

I wanted to put this chapter out without editing or reviewing. Let me know how you like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Hero By Alex

Fanfiction

3.2K 142 10
Barbara Gordon never wished for any of this; the secrets, the lies she told to her police commissioner father. Of the ways she spent her night, prowl...
72K 2.5K 31
"What happened to her?" "A lot of things. She is broken, yet she has enough control over her mind to convince herself that everything is fine." ...
1.9K 39 13
Everyone knows that Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul made the love. Talia became pregnant and when her child was old enough, gave him to Bruce. Damian W...
93K 2.2K 58
What's a Black Bird without her Robin? Black Birds run in the family. Dick had Grace. Jason had Estella. Tim had Rachel. Damian had Lorri. He was obn...