Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
The Inventor
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Learning
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Relief
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Progress
Understanding
Next Level
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

What I am capable of

15.6K 325 402
By Hexcss

In three weeks, the UA sports festival is going to start. The most significant sports event in the world since the Olympics. The students from all the years and courses were getting ready; no hero course will let their opportunity to shine go to waste. It's not only the hero students, though. There are 3 other people they have to be wary of. One is a crazy inventor with a love of making explosive things. The other one can brainwash you and is currently training under a broccoli and said broccoli, a mad genius.

Izuku has spent the entire three weeks working until late at night in UA's workshop, designing inventions that will help him throughout the incoming trials. First, jet boots were the most difficult as he had to make sure they worked properly and were not just sending him flying off into the sun. Aside from that, he also had to learn how to use them properly. Both of those things took him a week each, so after two weeks of trial and error, Izuku finally managed to get them to work correctly. Only one week was left.

Izuku continued to work immediately. He created a small computer installed in his arm to help him manage the new modifications more easily. He managed to create a shield of solid light that he could install in his arm. Then he installed a blaster in the palm of his hand. He got the ides after watching an old movie of a certain superhero in a mech suit. Izuku then created an electric blaster, essentially a more advanced version of the taser that would shoot an electrical blast that could tase the target for a few seconds or even minutes. He managed to create it with an advanced system of aim to minimize the possibility of missing a shot and hitting someone who wasn't your intended target. All of those inventions were powered by their own mini zero-point reactor. He was lucky that he had already developed the plans for all those inventions a while back, so Izuku just needed to assemble them; otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to do it. Being as efficient as he is, after 5 days of restless nights, he finished with two days to spare, so he built two last things. The first two new spadroon type swords and the second, a zero-point blaster, acted as a beal that allowed him to move objects around, much like telekinesis. It only worked on items, though, as he still hadn't managed to get it to work on humans since the amount of energy could severely damage humans. He knows it because he tested it, and let's just say Izumi suffered for some time that day.

Speaking of, Izumi wasn't idle all those days as well. During all the nights Izuku stayed in the workshop, Izumi would ask for permission to use the gym, and she would train there. Sometimes she would bring Shota with her as well, and they had to wait until Izuku came out of the workshop all dusty, signifying he had made a slight error in one of his projects.

Finally, it was the day of the UA Sports Festival, and in the morning, Izuku was in the dojo, he was kicking all the dummies around with kicks and punches.

Dan: Whoa there! Don't waste so much energy, remember today is the big day.

Izuku: Sorry, I know; it's just I am really excited, to be honest.

Dan: You want to test all those machines so severely?

Izuku: Yeah, partly, but also... Since I was a kid, I always loved to watch the UA sports festival; it was a dream for me to be there one day... It looks like that dream didn't die out completely, and now that I will be participating, I can't help but feel excited.

Dan: That's quite nice, its good to come out of that shell for once in a while, you know? I just hope you didn't build some sort of micro nuke, and you will throw it in the middle of the festival.

Izuku: Ha, please, I will leave that for the third year!

After that, they both shared a small laugh.

Dan: 'It's good to see him this cheery every once in a while.'

Izuku: Also... I think... Today its time to settle my business with... Some people...

Dan: I see, is that why you put so much effort into those gadgets?

Izuku: Partly, I know they will reach the last part, which is mostly a tournament, so I made them secure a position in there, but once there...

Izuku took out the two swords he had brought with him.

Izuku: I will beat them with my own handsand skills.

Dan: Your mind is also a great skill.

Izuku: I know, but I want to beat them in their own game, I want to see just how far I can go.

Dan: If that is what you want, then go ahead, but remember to not give in to your anger; in the heat of the moment, you may give in to your inner desires, but you must fight them. When you are fighting a monster, be careful to not become one yourself.

Izuku: Understood.

Dan: Now, get going! You will be late!

Izuku: Eh! Oh shit!

Dan: Language!

Izuku: Sorry, I will get going! See you later!

And with that, Izuku went running out of the dojo. Izuku ran as fast as he could. He was lucky it was early in the morning, so nobody would see pr question him why he was running with two swords.

Izuku: 'I wished I had the boots here!'

Izuku kept running, and finally, he reached his house. He quickly opened the door and threw his swords on the floor and ran upstairs. As he passed through Izumi's door, he knocked on it to get her to wake up, but in a rush, he didn't measure his strength and punched a hole through the door, but at least that really seemed to wake her up.

Finally, after 30 minutes, they were ready, and they both stormed out of the house, and in less than 10 minutes, they had reached the school. As they walked down the halls, it was time for each of them to go down separate ways, but...

Izumi: Izuku.

Izuku turned to her.

Izuku: Hm?

Izumi:... Let's do our best!

A small moment of silence passed as Izuku just stared at her, but then he answered back.

Izuku: Of course.

And with that, the bot went on their merry ways.

Izuku went to his class and was about to open the door, but something clicked on him, so he stepped to the side and opened the door, so he was covered by it. Seeing that nothing happened, he peeked out to see...

Hatsume: Izuuuukuu!

Hatsume jumped and grabbed Izuku by the shoulders, and began to shake him.

Izuku: 'I just cant win...'

Hatsume: I cant wait to test my babies! I am so excited!

Izuku: Yes, yes, I am excited to test out my inventions, but can you please stop shaking me?

Hatsume: Huh? Oh yeah.

Hatsume then finally stopped shaking Izuku, and he managed to regain his composure.

Hatsume: I really want to see the babies you were able to make! I am sure they are fantastic! Worthy of rivaling mine! Today we will know who is the best inventor!

Izuku: Sure, Hatsume, just don't cry when I win.

Hatsume: Oh, we will see!

They shared a small laugh and went into the classroom, where they waited for the event to start.

After an hour of waiting, the students were sent into a different area where they had to wait for another hour until they finally were sent into the main stadium. Class 1A was the most glorified one as they were the ones who survived the villain attack of the USJ. This immediately got them on the wrong side of many students who were jealous of the attention class 1A was receiving. Then Midnight went into the podium and greeted everyone. The men all around the stadium began to whisper about her and her costume.

Midnight: Silence! The event is about to start, everyone! To inaugurate, we will have the first-year representative give a short inspirational speech! Izumi Yagi! Please come to the front.

Izumi: .....Eh?!....

Izuku meanwhile let out a small snort as he heard who the representative was.

Uraraka: Come on, Izumi, you can do this!

Momo: You will do a great job!

Mina/Tooru: You got this!

Shota: Come on, Miss future number one hero, or are you too afraid?

Izumi: W-what?! Of course not! I will do it.

Izumi then got her nerves under control and stepped to the podium. Midnight stepped to the side to allow Izumi to take the microphone. Izumi gave a deep breath and began to speak.

Izumi: I know you are all excited to start, so I will keep this short. To all the fellow students here, I have just one thing to say... Give it your all! It doesn't matter what happens, but you have to give everything you have! Take this opportunity to learn, don't be sad... Learn from your mistakes and take action to fix them! Remember, it doesn't matter who wins or who loses at the end, we are all on the same side, we are all equal, and we are all heroes! -Izuku raised a brow at those last words.

After that small speech, the crowd and the students began to cheer for Izumi.

Student 1: Wow, I thought she would say something to inflate her ego, but I guess I was wrong.

Student 2: Yeah, and she seems like a nice girl, and has a hot body; maybe we can try to pick her after this.

Clanck!

Both of those students were knocked down into oblivion by Izuku.

Shota: I knew you would do it well!

Shoto: Great speech.

Kirishima: It was so awesome!

Tenya: Amazing!

Momo: You shouldn't doubt yourself.

Uraraka: You were incredible, Izumi!

Izumi: T-thanks!

Midnight: What an excellent speech! Oh, the youth! Now then everyone get ready for the first event is about to start!

The students then dispersed into the entrance, where they waited for the event to start.

Izuku was talking with Hatsume when Shinso came to them.

Izuku: Oh, Shinso.

Shinso: Hey there.

Hatsume: Shinsoo! Are you ready to see my babies?!

Shinso: Ummm... Sure...

Izuku: You ready?

Shinso: I guess so, have any idea what we will do?

Izuku: This is most likely a race of some sort.

Shinso: Greeeeaaat...

Izuku: Why does it bother you, despite gaining more physical strength thanks to my training, knowing you, you will just brainwash some people to carry you.

Shinso: H-how...

Izuku: I know you tol well.

Shinso: It is just to conserve energy.

Izuku: Keep telling yourself that you smoked teletubbie.

Shinso: What did you say you cheap Tony Stark?

Meanwhile...

Kirishima: I really want this to start already.

Denki: Yeah, especially now that I am all pumped up by Izumi!

Tenya: Please phrase your sentences better.

Sero: We all knew what he meant, Iida.

Momo: I just hope we can all go far.

Mina: But with Izumi and Shots here...

Izumi: Eh?

Shota: What's wrong with us?

Tsuyu: Well, you really are a powerful one, ribbit.

Sato: Todoroki and Bakugo are also really powerful.

Aoyama: Nobody brights more than moi still!

Jiro: You also can't forget Izumi's brother.

Tooru: Oh yeah, Izuku!

Ojiro: I am really looking forward to clashing with him in battle!

Tokoyami: He is quite a skilled one.

Denki: Do you think he probably built like a nuke or something?

Izumi: I don't think Izuku would do that...

Kirishima: Well, if you say so, you know him better anyways... But I still have a feeling that if we clash with, he will hurt us...

Izumi: Y-yeah... He probably... Might...

Denki: I can't believe one of the dudes I am scared the most by is in the support course and quirkless at that.

Shota: You shouldn't judge him because he is quirkless.

Denki: Eh-eh?! No, I don't! I know he is quite powerful, but well, it is still something that "shocks me," you know?

Jiro: I will shock your brain if you say a pun like that again.

Denki: Cruel!

Mina: Ooooh, Shota is typically quiet, but when someone said something about him, she immediately jumped into his defense. Ooooooh!

Shota: E-eh?! Mina! I-i-its not like that!

Mina: Suuuuuure, and that is why your face is the same color as your red hair now! Fufufufu!

Shota: M-mina!

As Shota and Mina argued in the background while Izumi, with a nervous laugh, watched them, it began.

Present Mic: Okay, then are you ready?!

Izuku: 'It is time...'

Present Mic: SET!

Izuku: 'I will show them...'

Present Mic: GO!

Izuku: 'What I am capable of...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 3.7K 35
Izuku Midoriya... Some knew him as a nice boy, most knew him as a quirkless nothing living a dream-namely, Katsuki Bakugo. The doctors told young Izu...
684 25 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
1.5K 35 8
In a world full of quirks Izuku Midoriya is part of the 2 percent that don't have quirks, after being constantly bullied by his childhood " friend" M...
541K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...