my step-brother's best friend...

By hugsfromziam

Young Liam Payne was left as an orphan at a young age and was forced into an orphanage, little did he know wa... More

My Step-Brother's Best Friend (a Ziam boyxboy Fan Fiction)
Chapter One
Memory One
Chapter Two
Memory Two
Chapter Three
Memory Three
Chapter Four
Memory Four
Chapter Five
Memory Six + Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Memory Seven
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Memory Eight
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Memory Nine
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Memory Ten
Memory Eleven + Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Memory Five + Chapter Six

50K 1.4K 577
By hugsfromziam

Memory Five + Chapter Six

Zayn is now my boyfriend… boyfriend… I like the ring to that… I can now officially call him mine as selfish as it sounds I want him all to me. No one else’s just mine to hold and hug and kiss. I suppose I’ve been holding on for so long just to call Zayn my boyfriend and now I’m free to call him my boyfriend. I’ve been dying for this day and it’s finally arrived. I am so ecstatic, I’ve never been happier in my life. You know when you want to cry, but it’s not because you’re sad, but because you are just so happy and can’t believe what is happening before your eyes? That’s exactly how I feel. I feel like I’m in a dream, my life is finally puzzling back together…

Zayn is my hero. I’ve never been happy in my life; there have been moments in my life where I’ve felt joyful, but not the complete happiness that the people in the movies feel. In the movies the people are always so happy and their lives look so flaw free… Now for once, I feel that kind of happiness, the kind where nothing can really ruin your smile, the kind that you want to spend every second of your life and not waste any single moment because your life is wonderful… The kind when you can’t wait for the next day to come because you know it’s going to be as perfect as the one before. I really am so thankful for Zayn, he’s the reason I felt happiness for once…

“Why are you crying, Li?” Zayn asked, worry filling his eyes.

Tears slipped down my eyes, but I was still smiling brightly, “I’m not crying,”

Zayn was cupping my cheeks and gently stroking them with his thumb, he then proceeded to whipping my tears, “Yes you are, Li-Li,”

“I’m not crying because I’m sad,” I sobbed while smiling, “I’m crying because I’m so happy… for once, and it’s all because of you,”

Zayn’s eyes grew brighter and he pulled me to kiss me. A kiss so simple, yet so meaningful to me… His lips were so soft and gentle that I could barely feel them. Zayn’s lips caressed mine for a while and then he pulled his lips back smoothly. His golden eyes met my brown eyes and we stared into each other eyes, his eyes reflected adoration and I sure hope mine did too.

-----

Zayn’s POV + Memory Five

If I’m honest to myself, I know that I’ve had a crush on Liam since I first laid eyes on him… But, I didn’t exactly know it was a crush; it was more like a pity crush but, not exactly. For one, Harry and his little gang treat Liam like shit. I’m not exactly sure since Harry is such a loving and caring guy. I know deep down he loves Liam very much, he just doesn’t do a very good job at showing it…

It’s as if he hates it when I’m around Liam and when I treat Liam like he should be treated; with love. He gives me death glares when I show some sort of affection towards Liam. It’s as if he doesn’t like it when I show some sort of caringness towards Liam, but he lets the other boys be nice to Liam… I honestly don’t understand why. But, the other boys are scared that they are going to get rejected by Harry if they follow my footsteps of treating Liam like a human being so they stopped doing that so now I’m the only one that cares for Liam, besides Harry’s hidden actions.

In the other hand, he’s Harry’s brother and well… that’s really awkward; me having feelings for my best mate’s step brother… I mean if I had a step brother and Harry had feelings for him I’d be pretty awkward out. I really don’t think Harry would ever be okay with me having feelings for Liam…

When I truly realized that my affection towards Liam wasn’t because I felt bad that no one cared about him was when Harry had a pool party…

It was February 1st; Harry was turning thirteen and he was having a pool party. All of the guys in the classroom were invited to the party. I went extra early with Niall and Louis to help set up. Harry, Liam, Niall, Louis and I were setting up the pool party in our swimming trunks and I couldn’t help but notice that Liam’s fourteen year old body was slightly ripped and he had noticeable toned arms. I tried hard to ignore his good looks and focus on blowing balloons and setting up, but it was hard because he kept throwing me a slight smirk and looking away blushing, it was so cute!

The party begun and we were having a water balloon fight; it was all around Harry’s house. It was crazy! From outside the music was super loud and I bet you could hear it from miles away. The floor was slippery, people were falling down, but everyone kept throwing water balloons at each other. Everyone was having a blast and I could see Liam was very happy and enjoying himself as well.

I decided to intentionally follow Liam and throw water balloons at him.

“Come ’ere, Liam!” I ran behind him trying to keep my balance to not slip in the wet marble floor.

“No!” Liam ran up the stairs quickly, slipping slightly but never hitting the ground.

I followed him by the stairs gingerly, “You can run, but you can’t hide!”

I heard Liam catching his breath somewhere in the office he was hiding at.

“I can hear you breathing, Liammm,” I looked around the office, his heavy breathing stopped, it was more muffled, but I just didn’t know where he was hiding. I looked behind the curtains of the office and then I heard him run out the door, I quickly turned around and followed him running, “Come out, come out wherever you are!”

“You can’t catch me!” Liam yelled going down the stairs and making a sharp turn.

I couldn’t help, but smirk childishly. I ran behind him and mimicked his movements, and then all of a sudden I was by his heels. Liam looked behind him and fell which caused me to fall on top of him. Both of our breathing was heavy and our chests were rising and falling in harmony.

That’s when I noticed how absolutely gorgeous Liam was, all his features from up close looked so beautiful. The way his drenched hair was styled to the side, the way his slightly chubby cheeks would raise when he would smile and the way his eyes would squint when those perfectly plumped lips would show off those perfect teeth. How when he smiled it showed pure genuine happiness, how his cute eyebrows would arch and you can never forget that beautiful, one of a kind birthmark was perfectly placed in the middle of his neck… How did I never notice these beautiful features?

Liam cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Got you,” I mumbled while placing the water balloon threating over Liam’s face.

Liam’s beautiful, bright, chocolate eyes started to sparkle begging for me to not get him damper, his rosy bottom lip bent over in a pout. He had the cutest puppy face!

I bit my lip hesitantly. “Fine, you can go…”

Liam’s face brightened and he smiled that genuine smile that would make his eyes squint. “Yay!”

I got off of him and Liam ran away while giggling. That entire day I couldn’t get Liam and his cherubic, angelic face off my mind.

-----

Zayn’s POV + Present Day

I told Liam if he wanted to go to the park today in the afternoon and he eagerly agreed. We both got ready and walked down to the park. I mindlessly interlocked my fingers with Liam’s. To say the least I was surprised Liam let me do this. I looked down at both our hands and caught Liam doing the same. I looked up at Liam and he had a gorgeous small smile placed in his lips. I gave Liam’s hand a loving squeeze and we walked hand in hand to the park.

“Do you want an ice cream, Li?”

Liam nodded; I knew he loved ice cream. Liam had a sweet tooth; he loved anything that had sugar in it. But, he mostly loved ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate. I knew he hated root beer, licorice, mints, egg yolk, and beer… I knew the little things that no one knew about, that’s because I listened to him; I loved the sound of his deep voice and all the words he said would stick to my mind, even if I didn’t know it… I knew he loved Sprite, sushi, sweets and that he preferred the egg’s white, he also preferred vanilla over chocolate and he liked it when people played with his hair…

“Vanilla right?” I asked him as we headed towards the ice cream truck.

Liam looked at me dumbfounded that I remembered such a small detail about him, “Y-Yes…”

I smiled at him and then looked at the ice cream guy, “Um, may we have a vanilla ice cream and a chocolate one?”

“Sprinkles or no sprinkles?” The guy asked.

“Sprinkles for both, please,” I smiled at the guy and handed him the money in return for the ice creams, “Thank you.”

Liam and I sat below a tree’s shade and watched the pond that reflected the sun. It was a beautiful scene, the ducks playing with one another, families walking around, tourists biking and what made it even more perfect was that I was finally with Liam… I was free to hold his hand whenever, hug him whenever and most of all kiss him without hesitation. Life was the definition of perfect…

We were both done with our ice creams and Liam broke the comfortable silence with his melodic voice, “Wh-Why did you ask me to give us a shot?”

“Because…” I sighed and started, “To be honest, I’ve had feelings for you for quite a long while now… I realized about this when you were fourteen and I was fifteen…”

I was almost positive that Liam mumbled sadly, “A year before you moved away…”

I let it go, but yes, it was true, a year before I moved away... I stupidly left crushing on Liam, which meant that when I was back in Bradford all I was thinking about was Liam. I kissed many girls to try and forget about Liam, but all I could think about when I was kissing those girls was how Liam’s lips would feel pressed against mine… How soft his lips would be… How our lips would mold together… So for the two years I spent in Bradford I didn’t exactly ever have a stable relationship…

“Oh,” Liam said in a normal volume, “I… I crushed on you long before that… In fact, it was when I was new and saw you for the very first time…”

I bit my lip, “Really?”

“Yes…” Liam admitted, “Pathetic I know,”

I cupped Liam’s face in my hands and looked into those deep chocolate eyes, I looked him from eye to eye and sternly, but lovingly told him, “That’s not pathetic, that is the cutest thing I’ve ever heard,” With that I pecked Liam’s soft lips and pulled away slowly, longing for his lips on mine again.

Liam looked away from my eyes, “I…I can never get you away from my mind. In fact, I could never get you out of my mind since I first met you…”

I dipped my head to look at Liam’s eyes, “Me either… When I was in Bradford I couldn’t get you out of my head.”

Liam’s eyes sparked with hope, “Really…?”

I smiled and nodded honestly, “Yes, really.”

I cupped Liam’s hand in between both of mine and rubbed it, “You were all I thought about…”

Liam looked away blushing and smiling shyly.

I looked at Liam’s bright brown eyes and couldn’t resist myself from kissing him, so I did so. I cupped his lips and kissed him, our lips hungrily molded together and we exchange our feelings through it. How much we’ve liked each other, how much we’ve dying to kiss each other before, how much we would’ve killed to feel what each other lips feels like… I’m not exaggerating but it honestly was the best kiss I’ve ever had.

- - - - - - 

A/N: This is basically Memory Five (The pool party) and Chapter Six all put together into one part... Because if Memory Five was one update it'd be too short, so yeah, don't get too confused. :) SO. SO. SO. MANY COMMENTS IN THE LAST CHAPTER WDDKGSDKJ WOAH. I never realized how many people actually read this story, so wow, thank you guys! :D I smiled so much at all those comments, I went back to read them all last night and I was just like- :'D :') :'] :'} C':

So... Thanksgiving break is in one week HALLELUJAH I really need a break from school ugh. -___- So, this weekened was fun, I went to watch Wreck-It-Ralph if you're going to the movies, go watch it. :) It's a beautiful movie, if you watch it tell me if you liked it, because I loved it. ♥ Bye guys, love you  all so so so much. ♥ :) ((By the way, if you want to see anything in this story, comment below and I'll fit it in, because someone asked for a Zayn POV so there it went! :D)) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 4.4K 23
Jess is your typical 22 year old girl. She's got a job that she loves, friends that make her smile everyday, a caring family and fabulous brother. Sh...
5.7K 110 10
Zayn and Niall have been dating for a while. But when Zayn tells Niall he did something that could ruin everything Niall runs away. Niall finds a new...
25.6K 1.5K 30
After moving into a new house in London at the age of 18, Harry Styles is welcomed by his mysterious, yet very handsome 20-year-old neighbour, Liam P...
4.8M 30.3K 62
Hailey Malik life seems great, living with One Direction and having Zayn Malik as an adopted brother. Even coming from an abusive childhood, she stan...