fairytale | soonhoon

By dakutogi

soonyoung meets a dreamless boy More

zéro
starring
deux
trois
quatre
cinq
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix
onze
douze
treize
quatorze
quinze
seize
dix-sept
dix-huit
dix-neuf
vingt
vingt et un
vingt-deux
vingt-trois
vingt-quatre
vingt-cinq
vingt-six
vingt-sept
vingt-huit
vingt-neuf
trente
trente et un
trente-deux
trente-trois
trente-quatre
trent-cinq
trente-six
trente-sept
trente-huit
trente-neuf
quarante
quarante et un
quarante-deux
quarante-trois
quarante-quatre
quarante-cinq
quarante-six
quarante-sept
quarante-huit
quarante-neuf
cinquante
cinquante et un
cinquante-deux
cinquante-trois
cinquante-quatre
cinquante-cinq
cinquante-six
cinquante-sept
cinquante-huit
cinquante-neuf
soixante
soixante et un
soixante-deux
soixante-trois
soixante-quatre
soixante-cinq
soixante-six
soixante-sept
soixante-huit
soixante-neuf
soixante-dix
soixante-et-onze
soixante-douze
soixante-treize
soixante-quatorze
soixante-quinze
soixante-seize
and they lived happily ever after
epilouge
thank you

un

1.8K 78 31
By dakutogi

once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, a young, innocent princess lived contently in a lavish castle on a hill. the villagers below live harmoniously together and they all collectively loved their princess.

the girl was beautiful with her locks of silky golden hair that flowed past her shoulders, her perfect unblemished fair skin, large, warm almond shaped eyes set in her skull and a pair of full lips as red as blood.

she was the picture perfect princess who often visited the village and provided the less fortunate with food and wonderful gifts.

so of course it was obvious that her name would spread all across the lands to other kingdoms with handsome princes hoping that they could win her hand in marriage. but it is also inevitable that her name would spread to less pleasant places as well... 

one day as the sun was setting, the princess decided to run off to the forest to pick some flowers. she was convinced that there was no one in the world that would try to hurt her or harm her. after all she hasn't met anyone like that, everyone she met only showered her with kindness and nothing else.

it must have been a horrible surprise for her when she crossed a path of an evil witch. at this point even the witch has heard of her kindness and beauty. the evil lady felt nothing but green envy once seeing the girl's face and casted her away to a mysterious tower far away.

the tower was cold and damp. everything was a gloomy shade of grey. she was miserable. the princess, being sheltered her entire life, never felt this cold and scared before. the girl wept and cried hoping that one day someone would pass by and hear her cries.

news of the missing princess spread like wildfire and the king announced that whoever could bring her back safely could marry the princess. princes across all kingdoms burned with determination hoping that they could be the one to rescue the girl.

many tried but all failed either getting devoured by wild animals in the woods or running out of food and water. people were starting to give up hope and so was the princess.

all until one day, someone managed to reach the tower. riding on a strong white stallion, a prince adorned silver armour and an impressive sword arrived at the base of the tower. "don't fret princess, i am here to set you free!"

the princess looked down from the small tower window and the moment her eyes fell onto the prince she fell in love. when the prince raised his head, he awed at the beauty of the princess. he knew at that moment it was love at first-

oh? this story isn't to your taste? hmm... how about this one...

the prince drew out his gleaming sword and using all his force, pushed it into the dragon's neck. the scaly beast swayed in the air before crashing onto the ground with a loud thud. the prince stood heroically above the body and-

this one isn't either? i must say, you are quite a picky reader... then perhaps you're looking for something more like this...

kwon soonyoung knows fairytales and as a child, he adored them. he has practically read all of them that exist in the royal library and his mother read a different one to him every night up until he said that he was too old for bedtime stories.

soonyoung was quite a hyper child so everyone around the castle was a bit surprised to see that he could have the patience to read. in fact, the little boy could almost always be found in the library curled up on a couch reading staring intently at a book. if he wasn't in the library, he was outside the castle releasing all his pent up energy, battling his best friend hong jisoo with wooden swords.

"ah-ha!" with a sudden burst of energy, soonyoung knocked the sword out of jisoo's hand. the boy landed on the ground with an oof and smiled up at soonyoung.

"you beat me again youngie," he laughed, shaking his head.

soonyoung puffed his tiny chest. "one day i'm gonna go beat up dragons. just like in the books." soonyoung extended his hand to jisoo. "and you're coming along with me too." grinning, he accepted soonyoung's hand.

"alright soonyoung, ill be right behind you."

the two were inseparable. wherever one went the other was always not far behind. nothing could tear the two apart... well maybe one thing.

social hierarchy.

soonyoung was royal and jisoo was merely just a child of a castle servent.

the fact that soonyoung was heir to the throne was pounded into his head from the day he could walk. the king and queen often brought soonyoung out on the balcony to where he would stare wide eyed at all the people gathering below. "these are the people of reinwa," the queen would often say to soonyoung. "in the future, they'll be your people so make sure you treat them with care."

the tattoo on his left side was yet another constant reminder that he was heir to the throne. he never noticed it until one day he fell while trying to chase jisoo. his shirt slipped up and instead of tearing up from the pain of tripping, soonyoung's attention was caught by a strange tattoo on his skin.

jisoo gasped when he saw soonyoung on the ground and quickly knelt down. "soonyoungie! are you okay? are you hurt?" the little boy stopped talking when he saw what soonyoung was staring at.

"soo-ah, what's this weird thing on my side?" soonyoung said curiously as he poked at the tattoo of a shield surrounded by thorns. in the center was a detailed rose with a crown hanging off the top. "do you have one too?" although at that time, both of them were still little children, jisoo knew exactly what the thing was.

"it won't come off no matter how much you rub it." jisoo said gently, pulling soonyoung's hand away from the tattoo. "that's the royal emblem. it appears on the person who is the rightful heir to the throne." jisoo pulled up his shirt to show his unmarked skin. "see? i don't have one. only you do, you're special, you're the prince."

soonyoung nodded slowly, not really understanding.

prince..

"mommy," soonyoung said, staring up at his mother from his bed. his mother, kwon yoonsun looked down at her child and sat on the edge of the bed.

"yes, my youngie?"

"jisoo says that only the 'rightful heir to the throne' has this thing." he lifted up his flannel shirt and showed his mother the tattoo. the queen looked down at it and rubbed it gently.

"that's right. you're next in line to be king, that's why you have it."

soonyoung dropped his shirt and crossed his arms in thought. "what if a dragon comes and scratches it off?"

"the royal emblem doesn't disappear that easily," yoonsun chuckled. "it will simply appear somewhere else. maybe your back," yoonsun reached over and patted soonyoung's back, "or maybe your neck.." soonyoung giggled and pulled away when his mother tickled his neck.

the queen smiled affectionately and clasped her hands together. "alright, time to get under the covers."

soonyoung scrambled beneath his blankets and looked at yoonsun with eager eyes.

"tell me the story of how you and daddy met!" he said excitedly, messing up the blankets even more. yoonsun smiled and smoothed a few creases. she did feel a little bad about telling soonyoung a made up story but she silently promised to tell him all about arranged marriage when it was the right time.

"well, a long long time ago when i was just a princess..."

"and you got captured by a witch!"

"yes, an ugly and mean one. one who could do magic and cast spells."

"and the witch kept you prisoner in a faraway place!"

"the place was cold and lonely. there were all kinds of monsters lurking around. some of them were small as birds and others were giant!" yoonsun lifted her hands up and tried to imitate one.

"and then daddy came along! right? right?"

"right." she laughed in conformation, "one day he came out of the woods with his clothing all ragged and torn. he saw me and wanted to take me back home.."

"but the witch! was she mad?"

"she was furious. do you remember how i said she could do magic?" soonyoung nodded, completely enticed by the story. "she turned into a huge black dragon."

soonyoung gasped and pulled the blanket to his chest. "what next?"

"your father killed it and returned back to his kingdom with me."

soonyoung smiled in awe, "wow! daddy's so cool!"

when yoonsun giggled and looked down at soonyoung sprawled on the bed. she brought the blankets up to his neck once more before placing a delicate kiss on his forehead. "goodnight, love."

"wait!"

turning her head, yoonsun looked at soonyoung's little hand gripping onto the fabric. "mommy.. do you think i'll rescue a princess from a dragon too?" yoonsun laughed gently and removed soonyoung's hand.

"of course. one day when you're older, i'm sure there will be a princess out there waiting for your help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 4K 18
to most people, the sun is up there, in the galaxy; big and bright, yellow and burning, more than a thousand degrees hot. but to jihoon, the sun is d...
2.1K 76 26
yuju being married with cruel boy, jungkook
36K 1.9K 25
❝ maybe you can call me baby ❞ ♡ completed ♡
1.1K 31 9
two coincidental soulmates meet by accident. [discontinued]