In the Mind

By Ali_A1

To most people, dreams are created inside one's head. Merely one's imagination while they sleep. A nightmare... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Just a Weird Dream
Chapter 2: It's Real
Chapter 3: The Breaking Point
Chapter 4: Broken on the Inside
Chapter 5: Endless Loop of Pain
Chapter 6: Whatever it Takes
Chapter 7: Stronger than You
Chapter 8: You Know Why
Chapter 9: One Chance
Chapter 10: Beautiful Pain
Chapter 11: Realization
Chapter 12: Nightmare
Chapter 13: Confusion
Chapter 14: Explanations
Chapter 15: True Colors
Chapter 17: The Seed that Grows
Chapter 18: Reality
Chapter 19: Twisted
Chapter 20: In the Mind
Epilogue

Chapter 16:

0 0 0
By Ali_A1

Elijah's heart stopped. The back of his neck burned like it was placed on a stove top.

"You think Kishiki and I are gonna kill you, Damion, and Natsuki. It seems you're smarter than you look." Noah said again in Elijah's head. He clutched the sides of his head, he wanted to scream.

"Get out of my fucking head!" Elijah yelled in the hallway of the school.

"Now since you know, I don't have to wait. I can watch all of your pathetic lives slowly drain as I kill you. Ha. The thought is so amusing." Noah said again.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Elijah yelled again. At this point, kids were all turned looking at Elijah. He banged his fist on the cold ground beneath. His heart raced. He didn't care that kids thought of him as crazy, he knew he wasn't. The only thing that was on his mind was protecting Damion and Natsuki and ripping apart Noah.

"What's wrong with him? Is he insane? What the hell?" kids all around were asking as they watched Elijah break down.

He slowly got up and He started to run through the hallway. Kids were moving out of his way, afraid to interfere with him. He ran until he reached the class of where Natsuki was and he pushed the door open. The teacher wasn't there yet and kids were all messing around, but soon turned to look at Elijah. He could see Natsuki looking at him confused.

"Hey what's u-" she began to say before Elijah pulled her arm and almost dragged her out of the classroom.

"We've gotta go." Elijah quietly said, his voice slightly shaking from the adrenaline.

"Why? What's going on?" Natsuki asked as they exited the classroom.

"Noah knows that we think he's gonna kill us and turns out, we're right. He's on his way to kill us now and we need to get out of here and prepare before he does. By now he's probably got Kishiki coming after us now." Elijah explained, his heart felt heavy and beat faster than ever before.

"We've gotta get Damion!" Natsuki said with a gasp.

The two started to run through the hallways and towards the Sophomore classes. They entered each one in search of Damion until they found the right one. Like Natsuki's class, the teacher wasn't there and the kids were going wild. Damion was right beside the door and looked at them with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you guys here?" Damion asked.

"Noah's gonna kill us and we need to get prepared before he does."

"Oh fuck! We gotta go!" Damion said, his eyes widening with fear.

"Well no shit Sherlock!" Elijah said as they exited the classroom. Kids were staring at the three walking down the hallway, especially Elijah after his fit.

"Why are they looking at us like that?" Natsuki asked with worry in her voice.

"They're not looking at you guys they're looking at me. I kinda flipped out when Noah told me he was gonna kill us and how he knew our plan." Elijah said, his eyes focused on the ground.

"Was he actually there?" Damion shakily asked. The tension in the air was so strong not even a saw could cut it.

"No, he said it in my head.....and it one scared the living shit out of me and two I was pissed off and scared that he's gonna kill us." Elijah said fearfully. His heart beat even faster and the back of his neck burned even more. Goosebumps formed on all over his body while cold chills ran down his back.

"What if we prepare to die." Natsuki said, causing Elijah and Damion to stop and look at her."

"What do you mean by 'prepare to die'?" Damion asked air quoting the 'prepare to die' part.

"I mean that if we prepare to die, we set our minds to know we're gonna die so we're not as scared. That, and adrenaline will kick in and we can't fight Noah and Kishiki off better than if we're shitting our pants." Natsuki explained. Damion and Elijah looked at each other.

"I don't know if I can come to grips with dying....I mean.....once you're dead, you're dead. That's it." Damion said with even more fear in his voice. He was obviously terrified.

"I can do it." Elijah said to Natsuki. Damion widened his eyes.

"How? How can you know that you're going to die and never come back. Never Elijah! This isn't a video game where you can restart and fix the mistakes that you made before!" Damion yelled.

"Well let's just say that some time before when the real Noah died I had some thoughts of committing suicide. I came to grips with it then, I can do it now." Elijah said truthfully.

He did have those thoughts before, but each time he really thought about it, he stopped himself. He knew that he had people out there who cared about him like his mom, and he knew that if he killed himself that she would become even more broken. He couldn't do that to her, so he never killed himself. But if she wasn't there, and it was him alone, he would've done it. The people around him he knew was the only thing that kept him alive, and was currently the same way. The pain had never gone away, just eased from his mind being focused on Noah and Kishiki. And each time the pain grew stronger, he'd think of Natsuki and Damion. He knew he was lucky to have them, and he knew that he had to do whatever it took to protect them so he wasn't left with nothing. So he didn't end up killing himself. If he had to set his mind in the same place as his suicidal self to protect Damion and Natsuki, he would do it.

"What! You were suicidal and didn't even tell me?" Natsuki yelled then slapped the back of his head like an angry mother.

"It wasn't important at the time and isn't currently. What is important is making sure you guys are alive and Noah and Kishiki are dead. So are we gonna prepare to die or what?" Elijah said to Natsuki who sighed. Damion shook in his place.

"I'm prepared. How about you Damion?" Natsuki said then looking at Damion.

"I...I.....I don't think I can do this." Damion replied shakily, walking backwards into a wall.

"We have to Damion. It's how we're gonna survive." Natsuki explained. Damion shook his head as his face grew paler than a dead person.

"I.....I'm fine with pretending like everything's gonna be alright...It's.....It's how I'm gonna stay sane." Damion stuttered.

"It's better than him flipping out during the fight and him getting hurt. Us staying safe is what matters." Elijah said to Natsuki. She sighed and looked at Damion who was breaking.

"Do what makes you feel comfortable enough to fight. We need to just get it over with so we can be safe and away from har-" Natsuki was telling Damion before a voice interrupted her.

"If you think this is gonna be a dinky ass fight," the three turned to look at Noah and all emotion except fear washed away.

"Then oh are you so wrong."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...
940K 56.5K 17
Everybody has a tale of how they came to be - some tell the journey to strength, some tell the journey to happiness. Some happen to involve cruelt...
96.4K 6.1K 32
(THIRD BOOK IN MOMMY'S HOUSE TRILOGY, CONTAINS SPOILERS) The case of the woman who kidnapped three children in 1983 has been solved... or has it? It...
MINE By DreamJunky

Teen Fiction

388K 8.8K 41
"Now that I know what makes you tick.." He said walking over to me. "I know how to make you listen to me." He brushed my hair behind my ears. Damn it...