Chapter 7: Stronger than You

The bell rang and Elijah sighed and slowly moved out of the classroom. Elijah faced the ground beneath him as he walked through the crowded hallway. He tried his hardest to focus off of the hurt, which to his luck slightly worked, but not completely. He got to his locker and began to put his stuff inside of it.

"You look sad again." Elijah heard a girl say next to him. He jumped and jolted his head towards the girl who frowned at him.

"Oh c'mon. I'm not that scary am I?" Natsuki said folding her arms. Elijah's tense face loosened in relief.

"No it's just you snuck up on me." Elijah said, taking his hand off his chest.

"Well if you weren't daydreaming, maybe you'd have noticed me." Natsuki argued. Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Well daydreaming makes me not think about school, and you legit popped out of nowhere." Elijah said, regretting saying the part about Natsuki popping out of nowhere. It reminded him of Noah, which made his stomach turn.

"Okay one, I don't pop out of nowhere. And two, you look like you're gonna puke." Natsuki said to Elijah. His face was pale, and had the look of nausea.

"I'm.....I'm fine." Elijah shakily replied. His stomach began to settle, but since his mind wasn't focused, his stomach started to burn from his pain. Elijah tried to focus on talking to Natsuki, hoping the burning would go away.

"Are you sure?" Natsuki asked, slowly walking over to Elijah. She looked into Elijah's eyes, which made him feel nervous and awkward.

"Um...yeah....yeah I'm fine." Elijah said nervously. Beads of sweat dropped off his face, causing Natsuki to give a confused look.

"Why are you sweating so much?" she asked tilting her head in curiosity. Elijah's eyes widened and he looked away from her.

"Oh um......nothing...I'm just....hot.." Elijah stuttered. Natsuki raised an eyebrow.

"Hot huh? Well why don't you take off your hoodie." Natsuki asked staring at Elijah's black hoodie that was laying on his body.

"Oh...um...I'm not hot anymore." Elijah said to Natsuki who rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." she said, completely aware of Elijah's attempt to find a reason of his sweat.

"So I'll see you next class okay?" Natsuki excitedly said to Elijah.

"Yeah." Elijah awkwardly said. He looked down to avoid eye contact with Natsuki.

She smiled and turned in the other direction. Elijah turned the opposite way of Natsuki and walked down the hallway. He made a right and immediately wished he hadn't. He felt chills run down his spine and goosebumps appear on every inch of his body. Dylan was laying on the floor while the creature that killed Noah and attacked Liam was clawing at his body. It bent down more to where it's head was centimeters away from Dylan's face. It opened it's mouth to the size of Dylan's face and took a chunk out of it. Elijah bent over and puked on the ground. It just ate him. Not just his face, his head. The creature noticed Elijah and quickly turned it's head around. Elijah forced himself to look up. It's head was turned all the was around. It's body soon followed and it stood up. It's white pupils staring Elijah's eyes. He couldn't move. He just stood there, staring at the creature who slowly edged towards Elijah.